Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
JV is more social than lax. That's why no one talks about it. It's a way point on the way to HS ball.

I believe you and I debated this the past 2 years. Noting the same schools. We will agree to disagree but I doubt the JV squads of WM WI BS NP are as much social as they are a feeder for V. It is also hard to say that these four arnt always in the thick of things.

As much as you don't want to discount the JV's, what other Suffolk districts besides WM WI BS NP Smith's have had strong Jv's programs. I believe it will translate to the better V programs. Good JV does lead to good V.

Every district has its own philosophy on how to develope a program and its all about producing the strongest varsity team they can in the end. Some will bring up every player from JV and Middle school if it gives them an edge, some will never bring kids up. Point is that the middle school and JV team will be greatly impacted by what the philosophy is. You will see one program destroy another in the JV years only to have the tables turned by the time the same kids get to the varsity level. In essence, it then is not really worth talking about MS and JV, only varsity.

you are going to tell me the jv and varsity games at the schools mentioned were not competitive wm wi bs np smiths have all been top schools. they also had top jv's, no? I understand when a town doesn't have the numbers it seems they must pull up and that dilutes the ms and jv squad but that hurts the district because they don't have the numbers and has to pull up.

Some how those programs seem to do it.

how is GC 'pequa fdale manhasett EI ESM Jv been. I think they do it as well, of course there will be the once in a run teams. but has history told us the programs with stronger prepared JV players will in turn be stronger V's. Why do we always over look the Jv's

I am all for the solid freshman to move up. But I also believe in if she can dominate at JV and get more playing time play there than varsity PLAY JV. If she is just taking a roster spot (a bench spot) let her play JV, let another (yes dare I say not as good player sr perhaps) take that bench spot.