Senior Spotlight Q&A w/ Isabella Jahkhah from Brentwood High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #38 ranked senior on Long Island and from Brentwood High School, Isabella Jahkhah for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Jahkhah, has proven herself playing as an Midfield in Brentwood HS and now has chosen to serve Lindenwood. Let's see what she has to say in our weekly Senior Spotlights Q&A series.

Q&A w/ Isabella Jahkhah

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Varsity Head Coach?  
Isabella Jahkhah: My favorite saying from my coach is “it’s not always the first opportunity, but the best”. It really has taught us about patience during the season and how to value the ball.

BOTC: How much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
IJ: I know me and my teammates are extremely motivated this year since this is the first normal season we’ve had in a while, last year went very quick and we are trying to make this season as long as possible and make it the best we can.

BOTC: How much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
IJ: This season I am treasuring every moment possible as 6 years in this program will be gone so soon, I just want to go out with a bang to end it off.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend Lindenwood and what other colleges were you considering?
IJ: with Covid altering a lot of ways choosing colleges happened this year, choosing Lindenwood was the best choice I could of made with the understandingness from the coaches and being able to see their campus and seeing how they function as a program made it a top choice for me. On my list as well I was considering UPenn, Wingate, West Chester, and Florida Southern.

BOTC:What are your plans after graduation? Could be related or not with lacrosse.
IJ: Obviously one main thing I’ll be doing after graduation is preparing to play at Lindenwood in the fall, but other than that I plan to travel to Puerto Rico in July, hang out with my friends, and just enjoy everything before I leave.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
IJ: I’m very superstitious! Before every game me and my 2 teammates have a pre game handshake we have to do.

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
IJ: im not gonna lie, the spotify game day playlist will get me ready before every game no doubt.

BOTC: Aside from the trainings, what are other hobbies you usually like to-do?
IJ: One thing I really got into this year is cooking, I see so many meals on Tik tok and just got into a hobby of making meals for me and my family.

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food & Drink? Chicken Cutlets & Orange Fanta
  • Favorite Color? Blue
  • Favorite Movie? Coco
  • Favorite Sports Team? New York Rangers
  • Favorite Athlete? Kobe Bryant
  • Favorite Season? Spring

See some of Isabella's career athletic accomplishments: Lacrosse-All County, All league x2, Volleyball- all league, Basketball- unsung hero.

Written By: Jes Ilagan
Back Of The CAGE | BackOfTheCAGE.com
See The List of Seniors Featured on The BOTC Senior Spotlight Series