Senior Spotlight Q&A w/ Hunter Panzik from Manhasset High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #22 ranked senior on Long Island and from Manhasset High School, Hunter Panzik for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Hunter Panzik, has proven himself playing as an Midfield in Manhasset HS and now has chosen to serve Air Force. Let's see what he has to say in our weekly Senior Spotlights Q&A series.

Q&A w/ Hunter Panzik

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach Keith?  
Hunter Panzik: In all my years of playing for Coach Cromwell my favorite saying would have to be “Value the ball.” Playing tough opponents such as Darien, Chaminade, and Garden City this year, every possession we have counts. Throwing the ball away on the offensive end could ultimately be the reason for a transition goal the other way. It allows our offense to keep a level head and to work for great shots.

BOTC: How much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
HP: It really brings us together to work as one to win each game one by one. When things get out of hand, this saying brings us back to level ground and to get our heads back on our shoulders.

BOTC: How much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
HP: It has always been a dream to win a state championship and to put another banner on the High School turf. But being able to play one last season with some of my best friends and brother is truly something special that I will never forget.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend Air Force and what other colleges were you considering?
HP: Ever since sixth grade I have always wanted to serve in the military to be able to protect the people that have sacrificed so much for me and have allowed me to chase my dreams. The Air Force Academy allows me to carry out this goal while receiving one of the best educations in the world all while playing competitive division 1 lacrosse. When I was going through my recruiting process, I was considering schools from the Big Ten, Ivy’s, and Patriot League.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
HP: The night before a game I need to watch a movie and then before we head out I have to make a behind the back catch.

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
HP: I’m a big fan of rap music before games. I like to listen to artists like Young Dolph and Drake.

BOTC: Aside from the trainings, what are other hobbies you usually like to-do?
HP: I love to go fishing, hiking, and play basketball with my friends.

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food & Drink? Chicken nuggets and sweet tea
  • Favorite Color? Blue
  • Favorite Movie? Step Brothers
  • Favorite Sports Team? University Of Florida Football
  • Favorite Athlete? Connor English
  • Favorite Season? Summer

See some of Hunter's career athletic accomplishments: All County, Academic All American, 2X USA Team Member.

Written By: Jes Ilagan
Back Of The CAGE | BackOfTheCAGE.com
See The List of Seniors Featured on The BOTC Senior Spotlight Series