Senior Spotlight Q&A w/ Luca Accardo from Syosset High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #21 ranked senior on Long Island and from Syosset High School, Luca Accardo for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Luca Accardo, has proven himself playing as an Faceoff in Syosset HS and now has chosen to serve Binghamton University. Let's see what he has to say in our weekly Senior Spotlights Q&A series.

Q&A w/ Luca Accardo

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach John?  
Luca Accardo: “The Braves lead the way”. The team proceeds with “All the way”. It’s been something apart of the team for years.

BOTC: How much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
LA: Anytime out there with the team makes us better. We had some intramural practices but a bunch of us have been playing together since we were younger.

BOTC: How much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
LA: I’m super excited to play my senior year with the boys I grew up with. I will treasure every moment of it.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend Binghamton University and what other colleges were you considering?
LA: I actually made the switch to High Point. I was instantly blown away by the campus and how great the coaches were to me. It was a no brainer for me.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
LA: I’m not very superstitious but the day before every game my team and I go get pizza together.

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
LA: Definitely a bunch of Kayne West and Drake

BOTC: Aside from the trainings, what are other hobbies you usually like to-do?
LA: I enjoy going to the golfing range with my boys and playing Madden.

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food & Drink? Italian and Vanilla Coke
  • Favorite Color? Light Blue
  • Favorite Movie? The Hangover
  • Favorite Sports Team? NY Giants
  • Favorite Athlete? Saquon Barkley
  • Favorite Season? Summer

See some of Luca's career athletic accomplishments: Us All-American, Nassau County Lacrosse Championship MVP, Newsday Top 100.

Written By: Jes Ilagan
Back Of The CAGE | BackOfTheCAGE.com
See The List of Seniors Featured on The BOTC Senior Spotlight Series