Senior Spotlight Q&A w/ Michael Meyer from Northport High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #16 ranked senior on Long Island and from Northport High School, Michael Meyer for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Michael Meyer, has proven himself playing as a Attackman in Northport HS and now has chosen to serve Bucknell University. Let's see what he has to say in our weekly Senior Spotlights Q&A series.

Q&A w/ Michael Meyer

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach Cerasi?  
Michael Meyer: Hard work.

BOTC: How much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
MM: A ton of motivation especially because it was our Moto last year that we had a lot of success with.

BOTC: How much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
MM: I will treasure it much more because I didn’t have a sophomore season so it’s only my second year.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend Bucknell University and what other colleges were you considering?
MM: I loved the Coaches from the beginning and the vibe I got from talking to the players. And it’s an excellent school. I was also considering Georgetown, Richmond, Michigan, and Dartmouth.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
MM: I like to do the same wall ball and shooting routine before every game.

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
MM: A little bit of everything.

BOTC: Aside from the trainings, what are other hobbies you usually like to-do?
MM: Play hockey and golf.

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food & Drink? Pizza and Dr Pepper
  • Favorite Color? Blue
  • Favorite Movie? Star Wars
  • Favorite Sports Team? Islanders
  • Favorite Athlete? Noah Dobson
  • Favorite Season? Summer

See some of Michael's career athletic accomplishments: All Long Island, All Suffolk county, 2021 Long Island champion, 2021 Suffolk county champion.

Written By: Jes Ilagan
Back Of The CAGE | BackOfTheCAGE.com
See The List of Seniors Featured on The BOTC Senior Spotlight Series