Senior Spotlight Q&A w/ Natasha Yajadda from Sayville High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #7 ranked senior on Long Island and from Sayville High School, Natasha Yajadda for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Natasha Yajadda, has proven herself playing as a Defensewoman in Sayville HS and now has chosen to serve University of Penn. Let's see what he has to say in our weekly Senior Spotlights Q&A series.

Q&A w/ Natasha Yajadda

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach Adam?  
Natasha Yajadda: My favorite saying from Coach Sznitken is probably, "Do the right thing". Every time we are in a huddle before a game, he always says these words to remind us that going back to the basics and doing what will help the rest of the team is what's best for everybody. Its easy to forget that during high-intensity games, so I think its a good saying to go by.

BOTC: How much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
NY: One of my favorite parts about my team this year is the determination we have to become the best players we can be. Whether it is on or off the field, we always have each other's backs and do whatever we can to help each other out. This connection we have to each other really motivates us to push our limits and see what we can accomplish.

BOTC: How much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
NY: This season will be really special for a lot of reasons. Not only is it the first full season we have played in 2 years, but it is also the first time me and all my fellow seniors have played together since freshman year. Due to injuries, two amazing players Ally Reilly and Jordan Messina were out last year, so it will be a great experience to be on the field together one last time. I can't wait to see all we can accomplish this year.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend UPenn and what other colleges were you considering?
NY: My decision was always about more than just lacrosse. I wanted a school that would open up opportunities for my future, while also challenging me on the field. UPenn had the perfect balance. Not only is it a great academic school, but it has a fantastic lacrosse program, with such a welcoming coaching staff and team. Seeing how close they all are was a big part of my decision to commit there. It was definitely a tough decision, with schools like Michigan, Duke, Stony Brook and Yale being considered too.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
NY: I've never really been the superstitious type, but something I love to do before games is braiding the teams hair and getting hype in the locker room.

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
NY: The famous Ally Reilly made a great playlist that we listen to at practice and before games, with some Pitbull, Kanye, and of course some Justin Bieber.

BOTC: Aside from the trainings, what are other hobbies you usually like to-do?
NY: During the summer, I love to spend my time at the beach and outside. I also love to go to the gym and spend time with my friends and family.

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food & Drink? Penne ala vodka and Water
  • Favorite Color? Yellow
  • Favorite Movie? The Hangover
  • Favorite Sports Team? Unfortunately, the Giants
  • Favorite Athlete? Serena Williams or Kobe
  • Favorite Season? Summer

See some of Natasha's career athletic accomplishments: All-County Rookie Team 2019, Under Armour Long Island Command Team 2019, Under Amour All-Tournament Team 2019, Inside Lacrosse Notable Player at UA 2019, Under armour Long Island highlight team 2020, 2021 Academic All-American, 2021 All-County Suffolk County, LILJ All-Long Island 2022, Newsday Top 100 in 2022.

Written By: Jes Ilagan
Back Of The CAGE | BackOfTheCAGE.com
See The List of Seniors Featured on The BOTC Senior Spotlight Series