Malvern Preparatory School (PA) 2022 Defense Chris Datz Commits to W&L University

@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Malvern Preparatory School (PA) 2022 Defense Chris Datz of PA Roughriders Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Washington and Lee University (W&L).

High school: Malvern Preparatory School (West Chester, PA)
Grad year: 2022
Position: Defense
College committed to: Washington and Lee University (W&L)
Club team: PA Roughriders Lacrosse
Lacrosse honors: Malvern Prep Varsity (3 years), Under Armour Underclass All American Command Division, Under Armour All America Command Division All Tournament Team 2019, 2020 Inter Ac Championship
Academic honors: Career Distinguished Honors, Bellesini Honors Society, Student Council Events Chairman and class representative
Expected major: Business
Why did you choose Washington and Lee University (W&L), Men's D3? "I chose Washington and Lee University because of the exceptional academic opportunity that it represented and the broad range of majors and programs that are available. W&L has one of the most storied lacrosse programs and traditions in college lacrosse and I very much enjoyed communicating and visiting with Coach McCabe. The campus and Lexington, VA are a perfect size and fit for me. Being part of the academic and athletic opportunities at Washington and Lee was an obvious choice."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "There are so many people to thank who have helped teach me this game over the past 12 years since I first picked up a lacrosse stick: All of the coaches at West Chester Youth Lacrosse, PA Roughriders Coaches Chris Onderdonk and Travis Lamb who have been with me since the beginning, and Coaches John McEvoy and Paul O'Grady from Malvern Prep who have been instrumental in making me the player I am today. I would also like to thank my teammates and most importantly my family for their endless support."
What other colleges did you consider? "Lafayette, Army, Swarthmore, Williams, UMBC, Bryant, and Monmouth."

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Chris Datz on his commitment to Washington and Lee University (W&L). CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.
View College Profile Below: