Senior Spotlight Q&A w/Joseph Bueti from Syosset High School

This week, Back Of The CAGE caught up with the #26 ranked senior on Long Island, Joseph Bueti for our weekly Senior Spotlight series interviewing a new senior each week.

Joseph Bueti is one of the top midfielders on Long Island and will be playing for Marist College after his final ride with Syosset. He took advice from his coaches and they have paid off thus far and we will see what Joseph can do to help Syosset make a deep run in the playoffs as he's helped the Braves to a 7-1 record and has been averaging 4 points per game.

Read below to get a closer look at the Midfielder:

Q&A w/ Joseph Bueti

Back Of The CAGE (BOTC): When you found out last year that the season was going to be canceled, what was your initial reaction and how did you deal with it and keep your spirits up?  
Joseph Bueti (JB): At first it was very upsetting, but I knew I had to stay in shape and push myself through hard times like these.

BOTC: What is your favorite saying from your Coach Anthony?  
JB: He would always remind us to move to the ball and to never stop moving our feet, and I think these sayings Made me a better lacrosse player.

BOTC: Having missed out on playing last year, how much extra motivation (if any) does it give to you personally and to your teammates in the short amount of time that you guys have been practicing together?
JB: This gives me and all of my teammates a lot of motivation coming into this season. Knowing that we missed out on a great season, we have to bring all we have every single day this year.

BOTC: Although you missed last season, how much more will you treasure this season as this will be the last time that you will be playing high school lacrosse before going on to play at the collegiate level?
JB: Well senior year is always special. It’s your last ride before you go off to college. I’m just excited and happy that we are playing this year, while I try to put last year in the past and look at what’s ahead of me.

BOTC: What made you choose to attend Marist College, and what other colleges were you considering?
JB: For its great education, and great lacrosse program.

BOTC: Are you superstitious and do you have any pre-game rituals?
JB: N/A

BOTC: What's on your playlist before games?
JB: Before games, me and the team listen to mostly classic rock and some rap music.

Rapid Fire Q & A's:  
  • Favorite Food? Chicken
  • Favorite Movie? Stepbrothers
  • Favorite Sports Team? Jets
  • Favorite Athletes? Zach Wilson

See some of Joseph's career athletic accomplishments below: Maverick showtime selection, 2019 All-county selection for Nassau as a sophomore, Member of Igloo black ice.

Check BackOfTheCAGE.com to check the Top 50 LI Boys & Girls Seniors.