Syosset HS (NY) 2022 Midfield, Draw Jillian Hooey Commits to the University of Chicago

@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Syosset High School (NY) 2022 Midfield, Draw Jillian Hooey of Team Elevate Lax has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at the University of Chicago.

High school: Syosset High School (Syosset, NY)
Grad year: 2022
Positions: Midfield, Draw
College committed to: University of Chicago
Club team: Team Elevate Lax
Lacrosse honors: 2021 NYSPHSAA Student Leadership Conference: One of only two athletes chosen by Syosset High School to attend - LI Lacrosse Journal: Interviewed and spotlighted in Young Guns Feature Series, Spring ‘20 - 2020 All Nassau County Girls Preseason Team, LI Lacrosse Journal, Spring ‘20 - 2020 HS Girls Lacrosse ALL 516 TEAM, Back of The Cage, Spring ‘20 - Class of '22 Girls Watch List, LILJ, Spring ’20 - Heart and Hustle and Super Defender Awards, Syosset HS Varsity Lacrosse, Spring ‘19
Academic honors: Honor Roll every quarter since 6th grade - Girl Scout Gold Award - Citation of Honor from Town of Oyster Bay - Founder and President of Nature of Americans Club at Syosset High School - President of Unity Coalition - Co-President of Peers Reaching Out Club at Syosset High School - Raised over $3k for local charities through self-made website jillianhooey.com
Expected major: Environmental Studies
Why did you choose the University of Chicago, Women's D3? "I verbally committed to the application process at UChicago for so many reasons. I absolutely love the Environmental and Urban Studies program and the opportunities at the marine biology lab at Woods Hole, Massachusetts. As for the area, Chicago couldn't be a better city to go to college in, and the University's campus is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen! The most exciting thing for me though is that this lacrosse program is being built for greatness with incredible coaches and players, and I am honored to be part of their future."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me through not only this recruiting process but also my lacrosse career. My family, team, coaches, and teachers have all been the most incredible supporters. I am forever grateful for the impact you have all had on my life and can't wait to continue this journey together!."

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Jillian Hooey on her commitment to University of Chicago. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .
View College Profile Below: