North Cross School (VA) 2022 Attack, Midfield Zane Ratliff Commits to Virginia Military Institute

@365Lax Boys' Recruit: North Cross School (VA) 2022 Attack, Midfield Zane Ratliff of VA Roughriders Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Virginia Military Institute.

High school: North Cross School (Roanoke, VA)
Grad year: 2022
Positions: Attack, Midfield
College committed to: Virginia Military Institute
Club teams: VA Roughriders Lacrosse & Valley Select Lacrosse
Lacrosse honors: Varsity player as an 8th grader, Varsity starter as a freshman and sophomore. '19 VIC All-Tournament Team, '19 VIC 2nd Team All-Conference. '20 third leading point getter. '20 2nd leading goal scorer.
Academic honors: A-B honor roll during freshman and sophomore year. Straight A’s during spring trimester of sophomore year. Taking 2 AP classes as a junior.
Expected major: Business
Why did you choose Virginia Military Institute, Men's D1? "I chose VMI because of the tradition and culture of the lacrosse program and the winning mentality the coaching staff possesses. I also being close to home so my parents can watch me play. The alumni network is second to none in the county, and ever since i was a little kid i wanted to serve my country."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would first like to thank God for all the gifts and abilities he has provided for me. I would also like to thank my parents for all the opportunities they have given me in my lacrosse career. Lastly, I would like to thank all my coaches, friends, and teammates for pushing me to become the player that I am today."
What other colleges did you consider? "Anderson University, High Point University, Hampden-Sydney College, Lander University, & Bellarmine University"

365Lax, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Zane Ratliff on his commitment to Virginia Military Institute. 365Lax provides lacrosse-specific services year round (camps, clinics, showcase teams & more) and they specialize in helping all athletes maximize their full potential and specifically specialize in training players to get prepared for the next level while implementing a NCAA training regiment performed by a variety of the top colleges in the country. For athletes of all ages & prospective student-athletes looking to enhance their game, visit 365Lax.com to train with their highly decorated & experienced coaches.
View College Profile Below: