Pope John XXIII (NJ) 2020 Attack Mike Zavaglia Commits to The University of Tampa

@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Pope John XXIII (NJ) 2020 Attack Mike Zavaglia of Jersey Thunder Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at The University of Tampa.

High School: Pope John XXIII (Sparta, NJ)
Grad Year: 2020
Position: Attack
College Committed to: The University of Tampa
Club Team: Jersey Thunder Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: 2nd Team All Herald, Honorable Mention All NJAC, NLC All American, Victory Showcase All Star Blue Chip
Academic Honors: Merit Honors, 2nd Honors, Volunteered with St Michaels Elementary School and NJ Thunder Youth Program
Expected Major: Business
Why did you choose The University of Tampa, Men's D2? "I chose The University of Tampa for several reasons. I was looking for a school with a great business program and had the opportunity to win a lacrosse national championship. After my official overnight visit & getting to know the players on the team & my conversations with Coach Whipple and Coach Sullivan, I knew Tampa was the perfect fit for me."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you to all my supporters. My family and friends, with a special thanks to Pope John Head Coach Hoffmann, Coach Squillante and Coach Armstrong. NJ Thunder Elite Coaches; Geissel, Gallucci, O’Hara, Esposito and Coach Rosellini for all the years of training and guidance."
What other colleges did you consider? "I was fortunate to receive interest from D1, D2 and D3 programs. I ended up narrowing it down to 3 schools. The other two schools had tremendous coaches, players and programs, but in the end I decided The University of Tampa was where I wanted to spend the next four years."

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Mike Zavaglia on his commitment to The University of Tampa. CB Laxers runs events for players aspiring to play at the college level & future college-bound players with small, boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th to provide players with a platform to get maximum exposure. For seniors signed to play at the next level, pre-college strength & conditioning training and the 'committed games' are offered which emulate the NCAA training regimen to help the top 10% of athletes get prepared for the next level. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.
View College Profile Below: