South Carroll (MD) 2020 Faceoff Drew Downing Commits to Salisbury University

@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: South Carroll (MD) 2020 Faceoff Drew Downing of HoCo Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Salisbury University.

High School: South Carroll (Mt. Airy, MD)
Grad Year: 2020
Position: Faceoff
College Committed to: Salisbury University
Club Team: HoCo Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: 2x 1st Team All-Conference & 1st Team All-County, Beast of the East FO Tournament Champion, Beast of the East All-Star, FLG FO Champion, FLG All-Star
Academic Honors: 3x Scholar-Athlete (3.5 GPA while playing 2 or more sports) National Honor Society
Expected Major: Education
Why did you choose Salisbury University, Men's D3? "I chose Salisbury because it is close to home and I felt comfortable right away. Since Freshman year of high school, I knew I wanted to play at Salisbury so that’s what I strived for. The education department is great and that’s what I was looking for in a school. Finally, the lacrosse tradition is phenomenal and it is something I wanted to be a part of."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to thank my family, coaches, and friends for all the support while making this decision. Thank you to all my faceoff coaches who helped me get to the point where I am. And finally my parents for taking me to all the training and prospect camps, it wouldn’t be possible to do all these things without them."
What other colleges did you consider? "Manhattan, Washington College, Grove City, Lenoir-Rhyne "

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Drew Downing on his commitment to Salisbury University. CB Laxers runs events for players aspiring to play at the college level & future college-bound players with small, boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th to provide players with a platform to get maximum exposure. For seniors signed to play at the next level, pre-college strength & conditioning training and the 'committed games' are offered which emulate the NCAA training regimen to help the top 10% of athletes get prepared for the next level. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

View College Profile Below: