Century High School (MD) 2020 Midfield, Attack Grace Bruce Commits to High Point University

@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Century High School (MD) 2020 Midfield, Attack Grace Bruce of Check-Hers Elite has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at High Point University.

High School: Century High School (Sykesville, MD)
Grad Year: 2020
Positions: Midfield, Attack
College Committed to: High Point University
Club Team: Check-Hers Elite
Lacrosse Honors: UA All-American (“Baltimore Command”) 2016-17. UNC Winter Camp All-Star 2018, 1st-Team All-Conference & All-County Freshman & Sophomore HS Seasons. Broke Carroll County (MD) Record for Goals (76) & Points (93) by a Freshman in 2017. Led all Scorers with 5 Goals in Century HS’s State Championship win 2017.
Academic Honors: Honor Roll every quarter since Middle School. Current weighted GPA thru 1st Quarter of Junior Year is 4.18 (Includes AP & Honors courses).
Expected Major: Health Professions
Why did you choose High Point University, Women's D1? "#1 or 2 private university in Southeast depending upon which survey you read. HPU’s recent on-field success is very exciting. Coach Boswell, Coach McQuilken, & Coach Turner are truly passionate about winning. All I’ve ever wanted is an opportunity to get the best education I can & to play for coaches & with players who are willing to do everything it takes to compete at the very highest level. High Point is knocking on that door & the chance to be a part of the last step or 2 this team takes on the way to fighting for a National Championship is so awesome!"
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Can’t say enough to adequately express my gratitude to Coach Patty Daley (Check-Hers 2020 HC), Coach Becky Trumbo Groves (Century HS HC), & Coach Jess Onheiser (awesome Recruiting Coordinator & private lessons coach). None of the amazing things I’ve experienced they lax would have been possible without you! Huge thanks also to the amazing seniors who led Century HS’s 2017 Team to a State Championship! I love you all & miss you so much."
What other colleges did you consider? "UNC, Towson, UVA, Duke, Penn State, VCU, Army, & Hopkins"

Contributed By: Tom Michaelsen
Back Of The CAGE | BackOfTheCAGE.com
Know Someone Who's Committed? Click Here to Submit a Commitment Story

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Grace Bruce on her commitment to High Point University. CB Laxer's runs boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th at the perfect landscape to get maximum exposure. For college bound seniors, CBL emulates the NCAA strength & conditioning training regimen & also run the committed games & leagues where they can train & compete against the top 10% lacrosse players. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

View College Profile Below: