BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 9 hours ago
Exactly, thank you, and sorry I forgot about the Hall kid going to Yale. Again, some pretty good FoGos in MIAA. And when you are consistently getting beat on the clap off the whistle you have to try to anticipate it or counter and that is what the Gilman kid is doing. Your calling him a detriment to his team, no way man! As I said in my last post and you can take my word for it, he will go to a good D1 school. College coaches know more about what they are looking for in a FoGo then you pal, trust me! That kid completely helped Gilman beat Spalding and will help them win a few more games this year. The poster who put down the McDonogh kid, same thing. He’s a sophomore going against some great FoGos. He will be just fine and again go to a nice D1 school.
12,865 3,334,764 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous 9 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I've seen plenty of very talented teams crash and burn with bad/inexperienced coaching. When Chris Robinson took over they were bad, he quickly made them good and kept them there. When he was at Hebron they won, now they don't win. I can assure you, this season just rolling the ball out there McD wouldn't finish top 4th in the IAAM. With coaching they are the best team.
In fairness Mt. Hebron was consistently a top ranked team in the country and certainly the state before and after Robinson. It was the construction of Marriotts Ridge HS splitting the talent pool that had more affect on Hebron than anything else.

McDonogh was a cellar dweller when Chris Robinson took over. They were awful. He quickly took them to the top of the league and for that matter the country, To win 175 consecutive games or whatever that winning streak number was is an incredible accomplishment, particularly considering the schedule they played. Taylor Cummings kept the legacy going.
4,940 1,335,242 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 10 hours ago
Twins mom
436 98,385 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 10 hours ago
Many deserving kids on that list and a handful of questionable, to put it nicely.

A few wouldn’t start on any AA team on Long Island

They all deserve it, they paid the money.

It's best players from the region. Not everyone gets invited and not every deserving kid is able to play. But overall it's top players competing against each other.

Completely incorrect!!! Look at some of the names. Good players but not the upper echelon. You must be a parent of one of them. Living through their good player that they think is an all star. Keep paying the tuition to support my son please.

Winner of the most arrogant statement on here in a while. And truth be told, if you’re bragging about free tuition for your kid, he isn’t getting it. Just saying.

8th grade, good for the kids but not a big deal. No scholarships will be given out that day but they certainly will be collecting parents money!
610 129,100 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 10 hours ago
Actually correct. After this season, which ends on August 31, 2024, US Club Lacrosse will not verify ages for the 2029s. Not sure what HoCo’s rules will be, but as for Club Lacrosse, holdbacks will once again be allowed.

I was under the impression that it wasn’t until Aug 1st 2025 for this grade. I could be wrong just what I was told.
I was under the impression that the rule applies to 2029 class and beyond— in perpetuity. That would be senseless if they make kids go back to where they belong for one year, and then “reclass” again next year and go right back to where they were. Talk about semantics.
Of course it's all semantics. The worst part is the whole intent was window dressing to stop the whining and it didn't even work. People just love complaining too much.

The HoCo League has a two year spread at 8th grade presumably so kids don't lose a whole season due to this incredibly well thought out rule change.

Amazing that somehow lacrosse survived for all those years when youth was age based... But now, we need to accommodate holdbacks. LOL
Or just let kids play with their classmates and have fun and stop worrying about the hyper competitive over-involved parental whining.
2,448 518,604 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 12 hours ago
I saw the crabs insta feed and that very good lefty attack ate ML goalie for lunch while he was inside and outside the cage. I can't imagine the ML parents were happy with that post. I don't have a dog in the fight, but know both those teams well.

Re ML v NL: aside from ML's FO guy, who is good and travels from way out of town and 2 good lefty middies and decent defense, I don't see how they are going to beat NL. NL has an equally good FO player, if not better, very good mids and LSMs and far better attack and goalie.

Maybe NL flops, which is known to happen, but ML is no powerhouse team. Certain players never seem to come off the field that should and the coaching.....well, we all know the nonsense on the sidelines.
You mean the Crabs lefty who started at Crabs, went to FCA, held back and then back to Crabs....oh yeah....solid!

He's the new, most-obvious holdback flavor of the week. I'm sure the kids parents are very proud of their 15 year old.

Layoff the kid and his family. Holdback whining is done for 2028s. HoCo rules allow 15 year olds to play. And it helps the on age 14 and 13 year olds get ready to play against much older kids next year.

You're right, he is doing a downright community service by playing against way younger kids. So brave.
10,204 2,025,011 more...
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 11:29 PM
I think it’s what the girls make of it. Those that are playing JV rather than riding the V bench are getting plenty of PT. Those riding the Varsity bench are getting to practice with older girls and still develop. Those playing Varsity are getting to best of both. My daughter is loving her Freshman year and says plenty of her Club teammates are having just as amazing season with many different schools. She is excited for Summer Club but definitely sad to see her first of four HS years come to an end shortly. Sorry to hear not all are having the good experiences others are having this year. I can personally attest all of my daughter’s teammates have been great as have the other parents & coaches on both JV and Varsity.
176 37,171 more...
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 10:39 PM
91 best product and value on the street. Jealousy gets you.....a participation trophy

If you’re actually playing. Otherwise your teammates earned the trophy for you but keep your magnet on mom’s car.
223 52,036 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 09:59 PM
Second only to Manhasset. Woodstick Saturday series is 76-63

GC should smoke Manhasset tomorrow. Manhasset really not good. Very little offense.

Hes out of the basement again... smoke cleared from The SS beatdown and found his voice again.

Come on, it’s the same Farmingdale troll
10,670 4,179,853 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 07:45 PM
Southside is one of the best teams on LI.
THEY ARE LEGIT, if Somers can hang, give them some more cred. Don't think that will happen though.
3,936 1,904,031 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous Yesterday at 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by phillylax2032
Radnor and Springfield may be two of the top public HS teams in the country. Marple is not far behind them. They are a very talented team.

Marple is improving. They have never been right behind Radnor or Springfield.

Yeah, guess you were right. Seems Marple is ahead of Radnor

Great win for the Tigers! The matchup against Springfield will be a good one at the end of the regular season. Now when MN wins the PIAA AA Title again this season, they need to move up to AAA.
3,167 1,010,436 more...
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 04:27 PM
He was wearing my Harvard tie. Can you believe it? MY Harvard tie. Like oh, sure, HE went to Harvard.
397 98,055 more...
Re: Boys 2025-11th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 02:13 PM
Seen some d2 commitments lately. I assume more will come as the college season comes to an end?
392 66,698 more...
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 02:11 PM
Agree. It is also a shame that there is no B bracket here at this age. In terms of population, this is one of the biggest grades (if not, the biggest) on Long Island. We reached out in Feb and there was only 1 B team participating/ signed up. Disappointed in all the club directors on LI that constantly yap about growing the game and then u get this.. and already giving up on 10/11 year old kids… awful.

I am not from LI. Which LI club teams do not participate in the NGLL?

Top guns and yellow jackets won’t do it because they can’t make any money off it. Yellow jackets will sign up for queen of the island and any spring league run by Long Island Lacrosse Journal. They only do that because they are partners in those events

Lax On Elite also doesn't do it even though they won it last year because of some things with the team they beat in the finals.
151 34,495 more...
Re: Boys 2032 Grads - Mid-Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 11:51 AM
Next Level looking good. Severna Park stronger than last year too.
36 7,411 more...
Re: Girls High School Lax Anonymous
GC on its way down. When parents take their kids out of their town youth/travel
Programs it doesn’t bode well for the future varsity programs.
How many Tradition players are now playing for other clubs?

Wantagh had GC on the ropes for 3 quarters (5-4 to start the 4th) but got outscored 4-1 in the 4thquarter. The wantagh goalie kept them in the game.
8,553 3,033,410 more...
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Moe, Larry and Curly!
955 175,432 more...
Re: New to LI travel lax Looking For Advice Anonymous
Forget lacrosse and buy your kid a dirt bike!
54 29,787 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
91 has enough kids for two AA teams

91 can't even fill one AA in this age group. They constantly lose and lose badly to Rebels.

Lose badly? Didn't they go to overtime in two games against the Rebels? Why do you feel the need to talk badly and disparage a group of 9 year old kids, does it make you feel good about yourself?

Rebels 32' are a really good team, they have had some good games with the 32' 91 team, both are lucky to have solid local competition.
345 59,331 more...
Re: Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Is there a B Yellow Jackets team? Jesters and Igloo don’t have competitive teams, right? Or Liberty I guess - who does have a good 2028. Wonder if there will be any movement pre season for a few girls

You're in the 2029 thread.

Visit US Clublax's site for rankings for whichever year you're looking for and you'll see how they rank. Should be able to identify which the B teams are.
222 43,520 more...
TRYOUTS Jump to new posts
True Blue Lacrosse Girls Tryouts BOTC_EVENTS
0 88 more...
Re: New England Prep School Lacrosse Anonymous
Are all the kids in these schools at least 2 years older than their grade?

At least, Maybe even 3!
471 162,034 more...
Re: New 2024 Women’s DI-III Lacrosse baldbear
DIVISION I

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Erin Coykendall – Northwestern University

In a 19-10 victory over Ohio State, Coykendall showcased her playmaking ability by registering two goals and assisting on six others, tying her season-high for assists which she previously achieved against Central Michigan. She currently leads the team with 40 assists on the season and is third in total points (67).

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Chase Boyle – Loyola University Maryland

In Loyola’s 21-11 victory against No. 17 Princeton, Boyle showcased her scoring prowess by netting a career-high eight goals. She continued her offensive contributions with three goals in another win against Boston University. In addition to her scoring ability, Boyle also demonstrated her proficiency in controlling possession by adding a total of 20 draw controls to her stat line throughout the week.

Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Mel Josephson – University of Virginia

In a thrilling 13-12 victory over No. 3 Boston College, Josephson recorded 10 saves while maintaining an impressive save percentage of .454 throughout the game. Josephson's impact was particularly significant in the first half, where she made six crucial stops, helping to build a five-goal lead for the Cavaliers. Her stellar play between the posts played a pivotal role in keeping Virginia competitive, especially when Boston College mounted a six-goal comeback. Josephson's efforts were instrumental in limiting BC’s high-scoring offense to just 12 goals, more than five goals below their season average of 17.64. This exceptional defensive performance contributed significantly to Virginia's first victory over Boston College since 2016 and their first win over a top-three opponent since 2015.

Fallon Vaughn – Yale University

In a pivotal matchup against No. 22 Harvard, Vaughn recroded a game-best five caused turnovers, tying for the most in a game by a Bulldog this season. Her disruptive presence on the field played a crucial role in Yale's impressive 16-8 victory, marking just the second time this season that Harvard has been held to fewer than 13 goals in a game. Harvard entered the game ranked fourth nationally in scoring offense, averaging 16.80 goals per game. Vaughn's exceptional defensive efforts were instrumental in limiting their scoring opportunities and contributing to the team's defensive success. In addition, Vaughn also made significant contributions in controlling possession by tallying four draw controls, tied for the team lead, and securing three ground balls.

DIVISION II

Offensive Player of the Week

Maeve Johnson – Bentley University

Johnson had another big offensive week to help the Falcons to two more wins. She had six goals and four assists in a win over Southern New Hampshire for her second-straight game with double-digit points. She then had four goals and two assists in Saturday's 15-6 win at No. 22 Saint Anselm. For the week, Johnson totaled 16 points - 10 goals and six assists.

Defensive Player of the Week

Alex Walling – University of Tampa

Walling played a pivotal role between the pipes in Tampa's victories over No. 13 Lynn University and No. 17 Rollins College. Against Lynn, Walling recorded 11 saves on 20 shots faced, allowing just nine goals to secure the away victory. Against Rollins, Walling made a season-high 15 saves on 26 shots faced, while allowing only 11 goals. In total, Walling accumulated an impressive 26 saves on 46 shots faced throughout the week.

DIVISION III

Olivia Lai – Wesleyan University

Lai (Basking Ridge, N.J.) was at her best in a 3-0 week for the No. 7 Cardinals, recording 15 goals and one assist for 16 points (5.3 points per game) in the three games to go along with six ground balls. Lai, who is third all-time at Wesleyan in career goals, started the week with four goals and one assist to go along with a season-high four ground balls in a 16-12 win over No. 22 Trinity College. Lai then went for five goals on five shots in a 14-7 win over Hamilton on Saturday. The graduate student closed out the week with one of the best performances of her career, matching her career-high with six goals in a 13-10 win over No. 2 William Smith College at home to give the Cardinals their third win over a Top 5 ranked team this season.

Molly Green – Rowan University

Also named New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC) Defensive Player of the Week, Green showcased her versatility and defensive strength in a 1-1 week for the Profs. In the 19-9 win over Kean, Green tied her career-high with five goals, contributing significantly to Rowan's win as they snapped a five-game losing streak and won their NJAC opener. Additionally, she amassed 11 ground balls, seven caused turnovers, and 11 draw controls in this game, showcasing her impact on both ends of the field. Earlier in the week, despite falling to No. 3 Franklin & Marshall, Green continued her stellar play, recording a team-high four goals and added one assist, along with six ground balls, four caused turnovers, and seven draw controls.

Caroline Wise – Ithaca College

Wise once again dominated the draw circle in Ithaca's two wins last week as she won a total of 28, including a career-high 17 in IC's upset of No. 2 William Smith, 16-3. Wise then won 11 draws in a 20-5 win over Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Wise reached 500 career draws win this week as well. She would also score three goals with two assists, to go along with five ground balls.

NAIA

Madison Andrews – Keiser University

Leading the Seahawks to two crucial wins, Andrews’ 12 points and seven assists led the team in both categories. After missing the first four games of the season and slowly making her way back to the starting lineup, Andrews is up to second on the team in points and is tied for the lead with 22 assists.

Defensive Player of the Week

Jocelyn Vander Zwaag – Lawrence Technological University

Zwaag accounted for eight total goals in a 3-0 week for the Blue Devils. In an all-around performance, Zwaag recorded four draw controls, caused 12 turnovers and collected 13 ground balls. She added eight goals to her stat line as well. Leading the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference, the Blue Devils finished the regular season 12-1 on the season, 8-0 in conference play and look towards the WHAC Tournament set to begin on Thursday, April 18 inside Blue Devils Stadium.
166 27,332 more...
NEW JERSEY FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey Anonymous
Any big socking news out of high school lacrosse is Westfield for real or SHP down? Did anyone think Mr Lyght, and yes we should call him Mr, was going to be that good at ND?
289 87,165 more...
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous
Do what is best for you, your child and family. Don’t worry about what others are doing. Either way if you as a parent are engaged in their life they should be fine. I have kids at both private and public schools as well as college. All are doing great. One doesn’t guarantee anything over the other. Lacrosse is supposed to be fun for the kids so just remember that. Now let’s move on to the Lacrosse. After a couple weeks it’s been pretty exciting and can’t wait to see who ends up winning it all.
3,187 731,545 more...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
9 members (BiggLax, phillylax2032, 1026ME, abowden, Heartlax26, Thirdy@BOTC, LILAXDAD2023, Team BOTC, JimSection1), 4,859 guests, and 5,467 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod