BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,578
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs kid taken away in ambulance in Young Guns championship. Scary

was he driving the ambulance

His younger brother was...

Both of you are total as^holes. Just think, how would you feel if that was your son in that ambulance. Total dbags. Guess you both feel like big men saying this crap about an injured 2023 kid, 11 years old. Hope you are proud of yourself, no one else is. Hate to be your son of part of your family.

Lighten up Francis, it was a little tongue in cheek about holdbacks, no one said anything about the boy. If you bothered to read the other posts, the boy is fine, it was just a joke. don't be sensitive, no one wants to see anyone injured, but like I said I actually read the other posts and saw the boy was fine before I said anything.
. No Bunky boy, you are way out of line even as a joke. I read every post and I still see you as a dbag as^hole. This is not something to joke about. You are a piece of sh^t with a warped humor. Pathetic individuals like you should just STFU with this kind crap. Tongue in cheek, tell you what, shove your tongue up your [lacrosse], where it belongs. See ya low life.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs kid taken away in ambulance in Young Guns championship. Scary

Both of you are total as^holes. Just think, how would you feel if that was your son in that ambulance. Total dbags. Guess you both feel like big men saying this crap about an injured 2023 kid, 11 years old. Hope you are proud of yourself, no one else is. Hate to be your son of part of your family.

Lighten up Francis, it was a little tongue in cheek about holdbacks, no one said anything about the boy. If you bothered to read the other posts, the boy is fine, it was just a joke. don't be sensitive, no one wants to see anyone injured, but like I said I actually read the other posts and saw the boy was fine before I said anything.
. No Bunky boy, you are way out of line even as a joke. I read every post and I still see you as a dbag as^hole. This is not something to joke about. You are a piece of sh^t with a warped humor. Pathetic individuals like you should just STFU with this kind crap. Tongue in cheek, tell you what, shove your tongue up your [lacrosse], where it belongs. See ya low life.

Lighten up Francis.....where will i see you. Big talk for an anonymous poster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son and I live in Harford County and he is interested in trying out for some club teams this year; his rec coach that has coached him for the last 3 years moved to Florida. Could the forum give me some advice on the clubs in our area; strengths and weaknesses to help me decide the direction we should be going? Right now we are looking at Thunder, Looney's, FCA and Team 91 2023. Thank you for your help!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son and I live in Harford County and he is interested in trying out for some club teams this year; his rec coach that has coached him for the last 3 years moved to Florida. Could the forum give me some advice on the clubs in our area; strengths and weaknesses to help me decide the direction we should be going? Right now we are looking at Thunder, Looney's, FCA and Team 91 2023. Thank you for your help!

Our family doesn't live up that way...we are in the DC area...but in general, if he is making the move from rec to club...I would say to plan on trying out for at least a couple of teams. Many of the rosters will be pretty set with coaches looking to upgrade from the bottom of their rosters...the best chance is to spread out his opportunities. It will also give you a chance to observe the coaches and get a feel for the type of person and coach they are...my sons team has played against all of the ones you mention, except for Thunder, and while they vary in talent and success, they all appeared to be well coached...in particular the FCA team, which will probably be the hardest to make

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone posted this on the another thread:

http://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=108558&page=128

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope the kid from the crabs is ok. He is a tough kid and very good faceoff player. He was probably the best faceoff kid at the tournament.

I heard he had a previous knee injury he was recovering from so I hope this is nothing serious. I agree he was without question the best faceoff kid at this tournament; quick, agrresive and played 2 way Middie. Impressive.

Thanks mom... jeez.

Nope just a casual fan watching him play; sorry it wasn't a compliment about your son I guess.

Casual fan that knew the kid had a knee injury.... Whatever Mom. The kid is a good player but dont come on here boasting about you kid......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope the kid from the crabs is ok. He is a tough kid and very good faceoff player. He was probably the best faceoff kid at the tournament.

I heard he had a previous knee injury he was recovering from so I hope this is nothing serious. I agree he was without question the best faceoff kid at this tournament; quick, agrresive and played 2 way Middie. Impressive.

Thanks mom... jeez.

Nope just a casual fan watching him play; sorry it wasn't a compliment about your son I guess.

Casual fan that knew the kid had a knee injury.... Whatever Mom. The kid is a good player but dont come on here boasting about you kid......

you never talk to people on a sideline and learn about the kids? That explains a lot...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs fogo is fine. Possible muscle strain. It looked ugly and the medical staff did a fantastic job in addressing the injury.

Ambo for a muscle strain....a bit over the top you think? All my years of coaching multiple sports I have never heard of that...and I've seen some bad injuries

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

I thought that was funny as [lacrosse]! Especially since he posted after he found out that the kid was fine. If you don't like holdback comedy, how about you play him against kids his own age???? That would solve everything. I watched the games. The kid was good. But the 91 kid and the Hawks kid were both better and they were 12-18 months younger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are all good clubs. FCA and Looneys have very comparable teams from a competitive standpoint and both are well coached. Making their top team will be challenging. From a financial perspective, Looneys is the best bang for your buck, especially at this grade level because they have good coaches. 91 and FCA are over 2k while looneys fees depend on the tournaments the team decides to do. It is often around 1300 or so.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks mom... jeez.

Lord you sir are a complete moron!!! When the kid is getting carried off on a stretcher and someone say I hope it's not the same knee he hurt before you can put two and two together. Some people on this forum just love stirring the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

I thought that was funny as [lacrosse]! Especially since he posted after he found out that the kid was fine. If you don't like holdback comedy, how about you play him against kids his own age???? That would solve everything. I watched the games. The kid was good. But the 91 kid and the Hawks kid were both better and they were 12-18 months younger.

Let me join in. This has noting to do with holdback comedy. If a kid is injured and later be determined fine, that is good news as far as I am concerned. But to sink this low io attempt to make a comic statement in a thread that deals with an injured kid is out of place. There are other threads to spread your comedy. I agree with the poster who called out the ones making an attempt at comedy. It was out of place and not appropriate. Then the one wo make the attempted comedy threatens the one who called him out. That is pathetic. You deserved what you got.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that per season or for the entire year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are all good clubs. FCA and Looneys have very comparable teams from a competitive standpoint and both are well coached. Making their top team will be challenging. From a financial perspective, Looneys is the best bang for your buck, especially at this grade level because they have good coaches. 91 and FCA are over 2k while looneys fees depend on the tournaments the team decides to do. It is often around 1300 or so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that per season or for the entire year?

Per year broken into 2 installments. one at beginning of year and one before spring season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA and Looneys have very comparable teams from a competitive standpoint and both are well coached. Making their top team will be challenging. From a financial perspective, Looneys is the best bang for your buck, especially at this grade level because they have good coaches. 91 and FCA are over 2k while looneys fees depend on the tournaments the team decides to do. It is often around 1300 or so.

[/quote]

That is some serious BS. Looney's has an incredible 2020 team, but the other teams are either terrible or mediocre. As for bang for the buck, they folded a rising junior and rising sophomore team, so ask those moms if they got their bang for the buck.

Making the Looney's top team is cake (except for 2020).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA and Looneys have very comparable teams from a competitive standpoint and both are well coached. Making their top team will be challenging. From a financial perspective, Looneys is the best bang for your buck, especially at this grade level because they have good coaches. 91 and FCA are over 2k while looneys fees depend on the tournaments the team decides to do. It is often around 1300 or so.

That is some serious BS. Looney's has an incredible 2020 team, but the other teams are either terrible or mediocre. As for bang for the buck, they folded a rising junior and rising sophomore team, so ask those moms if they got their bang for the buck.

Making the Looney's top team is cake (except for 2020).[/quote]

This is a 2023 forum and the poster asked about FCA and Looneys 2023 teams. The teams split this year with looneys winning the last matchup. They are evenly matched teams. The 2023 looneys team just made semi finals at Young Guns and lost a tight game to Igloo. If you think this is an easy team to make because your son's team folded three years ago, that is fine but you are mistaken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Making the Looney's top team is cake (except for 2020).[/quote]

The poster was asking about 2023. The looneys and fca 2023 AA teams split their 2 games this year so they are indeed comparable. I believe the looneys and fca second 2023 teams played a scrimmage and had 1 goal game. You love bringing up the 2017 and 2018 teams. Irrelevant at this point but people can go thru the looneys thread to read about what happened. As with all clubs what matters most is the coaches of the grade your kid plays in and how he fits on the team and likes his teammates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Let me join in. This has noting to do with holdback comedy. If a kid is injured and later be determined fine, that is good news as far as I am concerned. But to sink this low io attempt to make a comic statement in a thread that deals with an injured kid is out of place. There are other threads to spread your comedy. I agree with the poster who called out the ones making an attempt at comedy. It was out of place and not appropriate. Then the one wo make the attempted comedy threatens the one who called him out. That is pathetic. You deserved what you got.

Let me join in, your an [lacrosse].
First, It wasn't attempted comedy, it was funny. It was not a joke about the kid's injury, like you are trying to twist it into.
Second, I threatened no one, but had over the top anatomical suggestions made to me. You cut those out of your post because they don't fit your agenda.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Deserved what he got? What did he get? It sucks that he got hurt, but the kid is fine, right? If so, then who cares? To drag this out is silly. And to the other guy's post about holdbacks, being better than 3 of the 5 guys you face, at a year or two older, is not exactly something to boast about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

Let me join in, your an [lacrosse].
First, It wasn't attempted comedy, it was funny. It was not a joke about the kid's injury, like you are trying to twist it into.
Second, I threatened no one, but had over the top anatomical suggestions made to me. You cut those out of your post because they don't fit your agenda.

At the end of the day, the kid is fine and we are all happy that he is!!!!

But the comment about the ambulance drivers was funny as [lacrosse], I was still laughing about it late last night. Lighten up people, its a good joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which teams would you recommend based solely on coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There a ton of good coaches in every club that includes both Dads and paid coaches. some are crazier then others but all good. pick a club close to your house the drive will kill you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is tough to pick a team based on who the coach is. The coaches move as frequently as the players. It is such a crap shoot out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is tough to pick a team based on who the coach is. The coaches move as frequently as the players. It is such a crap shoot out there.

I agree that is why I say go with the top club with a proven track record and like it or not you have to be locked in at these tryouts and really look at the talent on the field and watch the coaches at the tryouts this is really all you can do. And at this age you have 2 years or more to work out the details of finding a club for the next big 3 years after that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks mom... jeez.

Lord you sir are a complete moron!!! When the kid is getting carried off on a stretcher and someone say I hope it's not the same knee he hurt before you can put two and two together. Some people on this forum just love stirring the pot.
Been watching this kid all year... He is a serial flopper...Would make Labron James proud....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lord you sir are a complete moron!!! When the kid is getting carried off on a stretcher and someone say I hope it's not the same knee he hurt before you can put two and two together. Some people on this forum just love stirring the pot. [/quote]Been watching this kid all year... He is a serial flopper...Would make Labron James proud....
[/quote]

classy. lebron makes millions playing hoops and people writing negative things about on forums is part of the deal. middle schooler playing lacrosse not so much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the toughest parts of being a ref has to be calling the push when it is obvious the kid in position has not intention of going for the ball and is just waiting for the slightest pressure on his back to hit the turf. Many of these kids even take steps backwards away from the ball to initiate the pressure on their back.

Another reason to ban the fogo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been watching this kid all year... He is a serial flopper...Would make Labron James proud....
[/quote]

classy. lebron makes millions playing hoops and people writing negative things about on forums is part of the deal. middle schooler playing lacrosse not so much[/quote]

The kid and Lebron are about the same age... he should be able to take it by now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2023 not fairing to well at Naptown.... 1-2 so far

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are these do called "National" teams just a complete money grab? TRUE National barely beats Bandits and Dukes National barely beats BL last weekend. You think picking and choosing the best kids from anywhere you want the teams would dominate....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I see correctly that NXT last weekend had Madlax Capital win the SINGLE A division? That's their top team at a given class, right? Anyone know the story on that - why they didn't play AA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I see correctly that NXT last weekend had Madlax Capital win the SINGLE A division? That's their top team at a given class, right? Anyone know the story on that - why they didn't play AA?

Pretty sure it was one of the Madlax teams,not Madlax Cap. If it was, they were missing about 6 kids from the weekend before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure it was one of the Madlax teams,not Madlax Cap. If it was, they were missing about 6 kids from the weekend before.

No it was Madlax Capital

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True had players from three different states but was largely made up of Chicago kids. Large, fast and skilled team. Well coached. Hawks and Bandits were the only club teams not all star teams in the tourney. Just to stir the pot a little these two teams also the only two who played zone against us.
Again excellent players and coaches all around. The team from California was over matched but Hogan does a good job overall. One more tourney to go then try-outs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it was Madlax Capital

What happened? Did their best kids play for Dukes? They definitely weren't there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are these do called "National" teams just a complete money grab? TRUE National barely beats Bandits and Dukes National barely beats BL last weekend. You think picking and choosing the best kids from anywhere you want the teams would dominate....

They are only getting the best kids that want to play for those types of teams. Doesn't necessarily mean they are getting the best kids....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about this Duke's Nationals team having tryouts at Hofstra?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about this Duke's Nationals team having tryouts at Hofstra?

Dukes Nationals are a good option for great players stuck on mediocre teams. Watch out if you are not one of the better players because you may pay a lot and not get to go to the tournaments. Guest players can agrivate the paying players also.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard