BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,977
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Boys 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would greatly appreciate some advice. My 2018 is a straight A student and is scoring 32-24 on ACT prep tests (he will take the real test in Sept). How does he get seen by Ivy League coaches? Will their winter prospect days be open in 2018s? Are there other showcases that the Ivies focus on?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would greatly appreciate some advice. My 2018 is a straight A student and is scoring 32-24 on ACT prep tests (he will take the real test in Sept). How does he get seen by Ivy League coaches? Will their winter prospect days be open in 2018s? Are there other showcases that the Ivies focus on?

If his grades are that good, at this point you should send his highlight tape along with his transcript to the coaches of the schools hes interested in. Most Ivy league schools run fall prospect days so they will email him with the dates and times after you send his highlight tape and transcript. As of Sept 1 Rising Jrs are allowed to contact coaches directly so after he sends his highlight tape and transcript, he can call them directly and find out what their level of interest is. Also it never hurts to have his club and/or high school coach call on his behalf. Might also want to think about the NESCAC D3 schools as well, some great academic institutions with some great lacrosse. Hope this helps, good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If his grades are that good, at this point you should send his highlight tape along with his transcript to the coaches of the schools hes interested in. Most Ivy league schools run fall prospect days so they will email him with the dates and times after you send his highlight tape and transcript. As of Sept 1 Rising Jrs are allowed to contact coaches directly so after he sends his highlight tape and transcript, he can call them directly and find out what their level of interest is. Also it never hurts to have his club and/or high school coach call on his behalf. Might also want to think about the NESCAC D3 schools as well, some great academic institutions with some great lacrosse. Hope this helps, good luck.

New England Top 150, Good to Great and Elite 180 are all summer showcases that cater to Ivy League and NESCAC prospects, all schools usually represented. They are all in New England states.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is all very helpful. Thank you. In addition to the respective schools' prospect days, are there fall/winter events that cater to Ivy, Little Ivy,etc?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think for most Ivies you might be a little late to the party. It sounds like he has fantastic academics. Sounds like he hasn't garnered any interest on the athletic front from those schools as of yet. Perhaps the Ivies are not the place for him athletically? Conversely my 2018 had interest from a number of them starting in the fall of 9th grade. For him those schools were not the place for him academically. Point is, know your son athletically as well as you do academically. IMHO it's all about the right fit. Good luck. Try playing for Sting. Geared towards your son's academics.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard