BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 98 of 99 1 2 96 97 98 99
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big one in Class D on Friday. Pleasantville vs Bronxville. What do we think?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bville is going to smack them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Big one in Class D on Friday. Pleasantville vs Bronxville. What do we think?
This will be a good one. Hard to predict as Bville has had three staffs in three years and P'ville just had a stumble. Should be a good one either way. Game of D this year one of the top Section 1 games too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PV by 4, Bville is very very young and PV is experienced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown and JJCR with big-margin wins yesterday.
Rye with the close one.
Westlake in a good battle
Iona bounces back.

Today we have:
Croton at North Salem. Croton by a few
Pelham at Mamaroneck Pelham playing really well, goalie has been solid, I think Mamo pulls this off
Somers at Fox Lane League rivals, but on different trajectories. Somers comfortably
Pleasantville at Byram Hills Could be interesting if P'ville looking ahead, but they get the job done
Blind Brook at Westlake Westlake been up recently, I am going with them, but could go either way
Harrison at White Plains White Plains has the experience edge here
Eastchester at Scarsdale Scarsdale should handle this one
North Rockland at Nyack NR
Nanuet at Clarkstown South, Clarkstown S
Clarkstown North at Tappan Zee if TZ can figure out the D struggles, they could pull of one, but I am thinking CN
Ossining at Sleepy Hollow Tossup, leaning SH
Rye Neck at Dobbs Ferry, Rye Neck here, they have some momentum
Keio at Albertus Magnus I like Keio in this one
Edgemont at Putnam Valley PV went from 0 to 17 goals quickly, Edgemont stil in rebound - tough call but leaning Edgemont
Greeley at Arlington, Greeley smarting after Cold Spring Harbor and that's a long bus ride. Which team gets off the bus? Greeley in a tight one (I would not be surprised if Arlington pulls it off, they are always good for a few surprise Ws)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rye with the close one.
Iona bounces back.

Today we have:
Pelham at Mamaroneck Pelham playing really well, goalie has been solid, I think Mamo pulls this off
Somers at Fox Lane League rivals, but on different trajectories. Somers comfortably
Pleasantville at Byram Hills Could be interesting if P'ville looking ahead, but they get the job done
Blind Brook at Westlake Westlake been up recently, I am going with them, but could go either way
Clarkstown North at Tappan Zee if TZ can figure out the D struggles, they could pull of one, but I am thinking CN
Edgemont at Putnam Valley PV went from 0 to 17 goals quickly, Edgemont stil in rebound - tough call but leaning Edgemont
Greeley at Arlington, Greeley smarting after Cold Spring Harbor and that's a long bus ride. Which team gets off the bus? Greeley in a tight one (I would not be surprised if Arlington pulls it off, they are always good for a few surprise Ws)

TZ will beat CN by a comfortable score. Their D has only struggled in one game - vs Greeley. Greeley has the type of offense where if they are better than your D, the floodgates are opened.
Putnam Valley will beat Edgemont. I don't think Edgemont is competitive this year.
Greeley will score a lot of goals against Arlington and win comfortably.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you heard about the horiffic, freak incident at yesreday's Y at JJEF JV game.

A Yortown player impaled himself. EMS arrived and brought him to ER with the stick still in his leg.
Heard it was a GB scrum, players stick head came off just before making contact with the ground, driving the @ChillLaxin end into his leg, which went through to the other side.

The end-cap was not a traditional one, it could have been one of the adjustable rings to close the hand range on the shaft., which exposes the shaft ending.

Surgery was successful too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you heard about the horiffic, freak incident at yesreday's Y at JJEF JV game.

A Yortown player impaled himself. EMS arrived and brought him to ER with the stick still in his leg.
Heard it was a GB scrum, players stick head came off just before making contact with the ground, driving the @ChillLaxin end into his leg, which went through to the other side.

The end-cap was not a traditional one, it could have been one of the adjustable rings to close the hand range on the shaft., which exposes the shaft ending.

Surgery was successful too.
Glad to hear player is okay.
Put a proper @ChillLaxin end on your stick. In fact, make sure all your equipment is properly worn!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey Mods:
how is writing "b u t t end" translating to @ChillLaxin here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Somers playing such a weak schedule with a really good senior team? No Y Town?

Played a down Wilton team...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Somers playing such a weak schedule with a really good senior team? No Y Town?

Played a down Wilton team...
They'll see Yorktown in the playoffs, most likely anyway...

Remember a few things:
a) schedules usually start to be put together in November, the league schedules were a month late this year so not as much time to put together games
b) both teams have to agree to play - since Somers and Yorktown aren't in a league together this year, they had to schedule it as an at-large.
c) after last years game, Yorktown didn't want to give them a game (that's one rumor I've heard).
d) I don't think anyone could have predicted in November/December that Scarsdale, Mahopac and Briarcliff would be as down as they are. Add on Rye, South Side, Pelham, Pleasentville, Carey, I wouldn't say that's a soft schedule just because they don't play Yorktown in he regular season.

Somers is having a great year so far. This isn't a weak schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rye with the close one.
Iona bounces back.

Today we have:

TZ will beat CN by a comfortable score. Their D has only struggled in one game - vs Greeley. Greeley has the type of offense where if they are better than your D, the floodgates are opened.
Putnam Valley will beat Edgemont. I don't think Edgemont is competitive this year.
Greeley will score a lot of goals against Arlington and win comfortably.
Greeley Arlington game pushed to the back of the schedule, not playing today.. Got moved last week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somers has not beat at team with a winning record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somers has not beat at team with a winning record.
That doesn't mean much of anything, with a lot of season left yet to play. They way they play/win those games mean a lot too.
Yorktown has a win over Arlington, who I don't think was +.500 when they played and needed OT to beat Jay. What does that mean?
Jay hasn't beat anyone with a winning record either, but close games against Manhasset and Yorktown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was close , at one pt it was 8-5 but PV dominated the face off x and was just to big/physical for bville. Bville if very young and gets pushed around physically so they don’t do well vs those types of teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was close , at one pt it was 8-5 but PV dominated the face off x and was just to big/physical for bville. Bville if very young and gets pushed around physically so they don’t do well vs those types of teams.
Neither team is big physical at all. Bville young only on O. They have dudes on D. Pville just more experienced overall and it wasn’t that close. Pville the class of D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outside of the goalie, a bulk of bville O & D is made up of freshmen/sophomores. Pville is full of experienced seniors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 Marquee games:

Rye at John Jay: Rye needs to flex and win big. Anything less than a 4 point differential will be a disappointment for Rye.

Darien at Yorktown: Darien by 3

Fordham at Bronxville: Bxv by 2

L/P at Somers: Somers by 1

The rest

Ridgefield. at Mahopac: Ridge by 6

Greeley at Greenwich: Greenwich by 2

Carmel at Arlington: Carmel by 6

Mamaroneck at Eastchester: Mamaroneck

Briarcliff at Scarsdale: Scarsdale

Sleepy Hollow at Westlake: Westlake

Harrison at Hastings: Harrison

Edgemont at Dobbs Ferry: Dobbs

New Rochell at Pelham: Pelham

Wappingers at White Plains: Wapp

Putnam Valley at North Salem: PV

Clarkstown South at Clarkstown North: South

Suffern at Nanuet: Suffern

North Rockland at Pearl River: S/b Pearl

Iona at St. Peter’s: Iona by 4

St. John at Stepinac Stepincrap

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 Marquee games:

Rye at John Jay: Rye needs to flex and win big. Anything less than a 4 point differential will be a disappointment for Rye.

Darien at Yorktown: Darien by 3

Fordham at Bronxville: Bxv by 2

L/P at Somers: Somers by 1

The rest

Ridgefield. at Mahopac: Ridge by 6

Greeley at Greenwich: Greenwich by 2

Carmel at Arlington: Carmel by 6

Mamaroneck at Eastchester: Mamaroneck

Briarcliff at Scarsdale: Scarsdale

Sleepy Hollow at Westlake: Westlake

Harrison at Hastings: Harrison

Edgemont at Dobbs Ferry: Dobbs

New Rochell at Pelham: Pelham

Wappingers at White Plains: Wapp

Putnam Valley at North Salem: PV

Clarkstown South at Clarkstown North: South

Suffern at Nanuet: Suffern

North Rockland at Pearl River: S/b Pearl

Iona at St. Peter’s: Iona by 4

St. John at Stepinac Stepincrap

Hard to argue with the picks here.
Rye/Jay is the matchup of the season so far. Rye has not been giving up many goals and their D presses you all over the field. Jay has the horses to compete and a FO advantage. I think Rye has it but I would not be surprised to see Jay pull this off.

If Ridgefield only wins by 6 I’ll be surprised. Mahopac is really down this year.

Somers L/P. I’m not sure it will be this close L/P does pull out surprises so I can’t say completely no, but the way Somers has been playing I think it’s a slightly larger GD.

Yorktown can surprise. But I’m not sure they beat Darien. It’s either going to be well in hand or another down to the wire game.

Greenwich Greeley will be a shootout. Take the over, I agree with the pick here

All the rest are fairly spot on. I don’t know if it was intentional or an autocorrect failure but “Stepincrap” was a nice laugh this morning.

Gorgeous day for lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown cannot touch a team like Darien, its at least a 10 goal spread. Darien is elite in all positions, Yorktown is barely elite in a talentless section1. Yorktown should stay in their lane

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown cannot touch a team like Darien, its at least a 10 goal spread. Darien is elite in all positions, Yorktown is barely elite in a talentless section1. Yorktown should stay in their lane
You seem fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem fun.

it will be a beat down no doubt - #99 going to make swiss cheese out of that goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown outclassed tonight. Swiss cheese !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greeley v Greenwich score?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown outclassed tonight. Swiss cheese !!
Better team won. That’s why the games are played. Calm yourself man - it’s high school lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My reference to Stepinac was intentional: ode to my WP time and friends.

The Yorktown hater was spot on, too. Wonder if he's just dailed into Darien, or will he be back?

Kudos to JJ, score seems that it was a good game.

WPHS with a surprise win over Wapp!

Pearly White River with another loss, they are having a down year so far. Still time to get hot and bothered.

16-3 and 1 unknown (Fordham v Bronxv)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fordham Prep at Bronxville BRNXV, pulling for you BB!

Putnam Valley at Croton, both small schools are rolling along. Croton wins by 2.

Irvington at Rye Neck: Irv

Albertus Magnus at Pawling: A/M,

Ossining at Fox Lane, Fox by 6+

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
13-11 Greenwich over HG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did the Y town starting goalie play last night? 18 goals is a lot , something seems off - i know D is good, but,

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Names not permitted
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My reference to Stepinac was intentional: ode to my WP time and friends.

The Yorktown hater was spot on, too. Wonder if he's just dailed into Darien, or will he be back?

Kudos to JJ, score seems that it was a good game.

WPHS with a surprise win over Wapp!

Pearly White River with another loss, they are having a down year so far. Still time to get hot and bothered.

16-3 and 1 unknown (Fordham v Bronxv)

JJ/Rye was one of the best Section 1 games in awhile. Traded goals all game and it was never more than 1-2 goal separation. JJ can hang their hats on this one, it's a preview of what should be a great Class C championship game. Either team could have won this one.

Nice W for White Plains.

Looks like Yorktown struggled. I wasn't able to watch it, hoping to catch a replay. They've struggled with turnovers a few games this year, if that was similar in this game, Darien will make you pay dearly. Seems like they did.

"Stepincrap" - Funny either way

Greenwich/HG was a wider gap than the score indicates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched the Yorktown game on hudl....WOW.

If this is a "down" Darien team as some have said, just WOW. This game wasn't close. Darien was faster, more skilled, better coached, more talented...all of it. The Darien long-poles are the best collective unit I have seen and the ball movement on offense is at a very high level. The only team I have seen that I think can play with them is Rye and I don't think that would be particularly close. I don't think this is a great Yorktown team but it's not a bad one. Darien was something else.

Next up a "down" Wilton team (although the loss to Step tells me they are down).

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #437116 Yesterday at 06:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Up on the marquee:
Mamaroneck at Rye Rye, in a close game.
John Jay-CR at Scarsdale: JJCR

The rest

Haldane at Pleasantville Pvll
Carmel at Blind Brook: Carmel, shouldn’t be close
Arlington at Byram Hills: BH
Hen Hud vs. Wapp: Should be Wapp.
Mahopac at Pelham Pel

Eastchester at Clarkstown N: CN
Harrison at Pearl River: Pearly White River
Pawling vs. Yonkers: Should be Pawling, if not they really need to consider merging with another school.
North Salem vs. Dobbs Ferry: DF
Nanuet at White Plains: WP
Brewster at Greeley Greeley

Tappan Zee at Nyack: TZ, could turn into a good game if Nyack plays A game.
Valley Central vs. North Rock: NR, isn’t VC a section 9 team

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437175 Yesterday at 01:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is a "down" Darien team as some have said, just WOW. This game wasn't close. Darien was faster, more skilled, better coached, more talented...all of it. The Darien long-poles are the best collective unit I have seen and the ball movement on offense is at a very high level. The only team I have seen that I think can play with them is Rye and I don't think that would be particularly close. I don't think this is a great Yorktown team but it's not a bad one. Darien was something else.

Next up a "down" Wilton team (although the loss to Step tells me they are down).

Don't know the state playoff brackets this year, but Warwick will have a chance this year for a very rare Section 9 win over Section 1 in playoffs at Class B. Very talented team that will be likely be undefeated but not hugely tested. They play a lot of Section 1 teams but all of them are down this year, although predictably so.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437176 Yesterday at 01:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd say this is not a down Darien team -- probably standard/slightly above average by their standards (if not a vintage, elite edition). They came inot the season missing two starting attackmen (including Pokorny, who is a top 5 player nationally IMO) and their top defenseman, so they were rusty and got off to a slow start, but they're rounding into form.

If they played Fairfield Prep (who is solid this year) again today, there's no doubt they would beat them. And while they're not as good as Brunswick, I think that would have been a tight game if they'd played them a week later than they did.

Like Reply Quote
Page 98 of 99 1 2 96 97 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard