BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Sky Walkers Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have any idea how you would go about playing lacrosse for McDonough? Tryouts are 2nd or 3rd week of February

Do you need to go there for middle school? No playing in middle school has no impact on playing in high school.

Do they "already know about you" if you start in 9th grade? The coaches attend 8th grade games during the summer and fall.

Is there such a thing as a "walk-on" there? Yes

My daughter doesn't play club for M&D- commonly assumed a feeder team for McD.
Lets assume we start there in 9th. My daughter hasn't played with any of the other M&D girls (but we have played against and won) so its a bit intimidating (its a girl thing) to being a new girl and not getting passed or played the ball because the others don't know you. It doesnt matter where you played club lacrosse. There is no feeder system

no feeder system. the number 1 recruit in the country for 2017 played at McD and she played club ball for SW. if you are good CR will find about at you

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the private schools recruit for high school lacrosse? Is there grant money or other “quiet” funds available for girls who cannot afford to attend?
As for just flat-out recruiting girls to attend your school- who is involved in this? Does the coach go to the AD and then they get in touch with you? How do they find you? Do they attend tournaments and look at eight graders or does it have to start earlier? Do they have athletics open houses? Are these open houses by invitation only?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are people talking about girls lacrosse here? Nobody cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoops! Just found out that CR is stepping down at McD. Wonder what that’s all about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Robinson hand picks his players and the rest fill in. If he doesn't know the kid, chances are slim of playing for him. Always an exception though. Good luck.

Not anymore

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any idea how you would go about playing lacrosse for McDonough? Tryouts are 2nd or 3rd week of February

Do you need to go there for middle school? No playing in middle school has no impact on playing in high school.

Do they "already know about you" if you start in 9th grade? The coaches attend 8th grade games during the summer and

Is there such a thing as a "walk-on" there? Yes

My daughter doesn't play club for M&D- commonly assumed a feeder team for McD.
Lets assume we start there in 9th. My daughter hasn't played with any of the other M&D girls (but we have played against and won) so its a bit intimidating (its a girl thing) to being a new girl and not getting passed or played the ball because the others don't know you. It doesnt matter where you played club lacrosse. There is no feeder system

no feeder system. the number 1 recruit in the country for 2017 played at McD and she played club ball for SW. if you are good CR will find about at you

Does not matter anymore. Per Inside Lax Twitter, Chris Robinson isnout at McDonough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoops! Just found out that CR is stepping down at McD. Wonder what that’s all about

#METOO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope it’s not #METOO
That would be devestating in many ways. He wouldn’t really be allowed to be around kids if it is. He couldn’t even live in my neighborhood -if you know what I mean!
Something must be in the water at that school with kids being preyed upon by “sporty parents”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's stop with the rumors

Subject: McDonogh resignation

Dear M&D families,
Yesterday, I resigned from my position from McDonogh School as head coach of the girls’ lacrosse program and as a middle school teacher. During my 13 year lacrosse coaching stint at the school we took the program from a basement dweller to the best lacrosse program in the country for the last decade. By the huge media crush and the outpouring of texts, phone calls, and emails I am sure many are looking for an answer
I resigned my position at the school to move forward in my career. It was not an easy decision, but one that I felt was in the best interest of me and my family. The timing may not seem perfect, but many times when opportunity comes knocking it is not the ideal time. Building the National Girls Lacrosse League and Robinson Sports to a national level is a major goal for Robinson Sports and I am exciting for this opportunity to use my experience in new ways.
I have been made aware of the rumors that have circulated because of my departure by some of my friends and colleagues. Some of them are appalling to hear but I guess in today’s society people automatically assume the worst. I assure you all, there isn’t any merit to these horrific claims. So in this time of change for my family, I would ask that you be respectful of my decisions to move on in my career.
I would like to thank the hundreds of people who have reached out to me and my family with sincere well wishes. All of your support has been unbelievable.

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear M&D families,
Yesterday, I resigned from my position from McDonogh School as head coach of the girls’ lacrosse program and as a middle school teacher. During my 13 year lacrosse coaching stint at the school we took the program from a basement dweller to the best lacrosse program in the country for the last decade. By the huge media crush and the outpouring of texts, phone calls, and emails I am sure many are looking for an answer
I resigned my position at the school to move forward in my career. It was not an easy decision, but one that I felt was in the best interest of me and my family. The timing may not seem perfect, but many times when opportunity comes knocking it is not the ideal time. Building the National Girls Lacrosse League and Robinson Sports to a national level is a major goal for Robinson Sports and I am exciting for this opportunity to use my experience in new ways.
I have been made aware of the rumors that have circulated because of my departure by some of my friends and colleagues. Some of them are appalling to hear but I guess in today’s society people automatically assume the worst. I assure you all, there isn’t any merit to these horrific claims. So in this time of change for my family, I would ask that you be respectful of my decisions to move on in my career.
I would like to thank the hundreds of people who have reached out to me and my family with sincere well wishes. All of your support has been unbelievable.

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

You just killed all the rumor mongers buzz.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear M&D families,

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

Right. It totally makes sense to pursue your career a month before your daughter starts her senior year. Try again Chris. No one is buying that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if this means the Mid Atlantic Tourney in July and the other tournaments that are played at McDonogh will be affected by the departure of Chris Robinson...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever really happened is probably none of our business.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever really happened is probably none of our business.

Im not sure about that, if it's was purely personal, then OK I agree, none of my business. If it had to do any business impropriety, theft, tax evasion etc or improper relationships with former/current players I have a right to know because he plans to continue to operate several businesses and I'd rather not support businesses operating below board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well since you don’t know you should just mind your own business... if you don’t want to remain on one of his teams just leave and stop making things up. Not his fault your daughter can’t get off the bench

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can Back of the Cage start a new forum title for
Girls Club/NGLL in Maryland?
There are just too many question and topics that spread out across the grad years on the board.
This board could be highjacked and become the de facto club board for Md girls?
For instance, why isn’t there an M&D board?
The Redshirts drama has spreadout among many grad years, therefore it would benefit to have a broad board.
Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can Back of the Cage start a new forum title for
Girls Club/NGLL in Maryland?
There are just too many question and topics that spread out across the grad years on the board.
This board could be highjacked and become the de facto club board for Md girls?
For instance, why isn’t there an M&D board?
The Redshirts drama has spreadout among many grad years, therefore it would benefit to have a broad board.
Thanks

Register and you can start any thread you want

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard