BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 29 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29
Re: Boys Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Full 2015 schedules are up on Section IX website - FYI

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
baysore and islip league, Any one have results for weekend
?????

Whitman beat WI A team- Whitman has best goalie in Suffolk and a dominate face off kid. They have potential to be in any game they play with that combo.

From what I heard WI will have their toughest year in a very long time, like losing record tough. Whitman is good team. Any idea who their out of league games may be against ?

Take a look at their schedule....they won;t have a losing season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI will be 11-1 maybe 10-2 the only decent teams are both Smithtown teams and you can already chalk up Smithtown East as Suffolk Champs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW may end up with winning record in league play because of watered down schedule with new alignment but not going to be competing for any titles............Smithtown East favorite for county. Sachem, WM, WW, maybe NP will compete for same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here top 14 Suffolk for spring- Whats yours?
1) Smithtown east
2) Ward melville
3) Northport
4) Connetquot
5) Hills West
6) Sachem North
7) Whitman
8) West islip
9) Sachem east
10)Smithtown West
11)Commack
12)Hills east
13)Riverhead
14)Bayshore

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?????

Whitman beat WI A team- Whitman has best goalie in Suffolk and a dominate face off kid. They have potential to be in any game they play with that combo.

hahaha we will see. lets see what happens when they go up against the big boys!

Have to agree saw WW goalie at Nassau Suffolk game and kid was absolutely dominant. He stood on his head all game. Props to Whitman for building a pretty decent program.
WW has not lost all fall- wins over Smithtown West and West Islip along with a few middle of the road wins (ESM, Comswewogue etx) They always play SE tough- lost by 1 last year and could have won.

Not saying they will win anything or even a playoff game- just a dark horse to watch out for. Like I said with the face off and goaltending they have- combined with solid midfield play they are dangerous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Smithtown east 9-3
2) Ward Melville 10-2
3) Northport 8-4
4) Connetquot 7-5
5) Hills West 8-4
6) Sachem North 8-4
7) Whitman 7-5
8) West islip 8-4
9) Sachem east 8-4
10)Smithtown West 9-3
11)Commack 6-6
12)Hills east 9-3
13)Riverhead 4-8
14)Bayshore 6-6

http://www.sectionxi.org/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Smithtown east
2) Ward melville
3) Northport
4) Connetquot
5) Hills West
6) Sachem North
7) Whitman
8) West islip
9) Sachem east
10)Smithtown West
11)Commack
12)Hills east
13)Riverhead
14)Bayshore

The only thing certain is that this will be wrong. Smithtown East lost a lot to graduation as did others. A lot to prove.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Smithtown east
2) Ward melville
3) Northport
4) Connetquot
5) Hills West
6) Sachem North
7) Whitman
8) West islip
9) Sachem east
10)Smithtown West
11)Commack
12)Hills east
13)Riverhead
14)Bayshore

The only thing certain is that this will be wrong. Smithtown East lost a lot to graduation as did others. A lot to prove.

Really?? Smithtown East only got stronger, had only a couple of good seniors last year, but a powerhouse of underclassmen. They currently have 13 D1 commits. They are by far the favorites, but lax can be very surprising from one day to the next. Only time will tell how it all plays out. Will be a great year! A true test of survival of the fittest!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?????

From what I heard WI will have their toughest year in a very long time, like losing record tough. Whitman is good team. Any idea who their out of league games may be against ?

ok let's look at the 16 game schedule -say we concede to WI wins against Copiague, North Babylon,East Islip ,Deer Park, West Babylon, and Bellport. That is 6 wins. They also play Whitman, SW, HHH West AND HHH East, and Riverhead. These will be the make or break games that can go either way, but a 1-4 or 2-3 against these teams could put them at .500 or below. I would concede a loss to SE. They also have 3 non-league games. They have a game vs. Section Five Penfield ( above average team, who they beat 8-5 last year). The remaining games could be traditional rivals Chaminade and Ward Melville. They would not be favored to win those, so yeah I think an 8-8 or worse season could be in the making. Then again, they seem to get better at the end of each season so can't count them out either.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau Top 12 IMHO

Lynbrook
Garden City
Massapequa
Wantagh
Syosset
Cold Spring Harbor
Manhasset
Port Washington
So Side
MacArthur-Levittown
Hicksville
Farmingdale

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
macarthur-levititown hu

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]baysore and islip league, Any one have results for weekend
?????

hahaha we will see. lets see what happens when they go up against the big boys!

Have to agree saw WW goalie at Nassau Suffolk game and kid was absolutely dominant. He stood on his head all game. Props to Whitman for building a pretty decent program.
WW has not lost all fall- wins over Smithtown West and West Islip along with a few middle of the road wins (ESM, Comswewogue etx) They always play SE tough- lost by 1 last year and could have won.

Not saying they will win anything or even a playoff game- just a dark horse to watch out for. Like I said with the face off and goaltending they have- combined with solid midfield play they are dangerous.
[/quo

Blatant post from a volunteer assistant .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?????

ok let's look at the 16 game schedule -say we concede to WI wins against Copiague, North Babylon,East Islip ,Deer Park, West Babylon, and Bellport. That is 6 wins. They also play Whitman, SW, HHH West AND HHH East, and Riverhead. These will be the make or break games that can go either way, but a 1-4 or 2-3 against these teams could put them at .500 or below. I would concede a loss to SE. They also have 3 non-league games. They have a game vs. Section Five Penfield ( above average team, who they beat 8-5 last year). The remaining games could be traditional rivals Chaminade and Ward Melville. They would not be favored to win those, so yeah I think an 8-8 or worse season could be in the making. Then again, they seem to get better at the end of each season so can't count them out either.

You can also count wins against Riverhead,Half hollow schools, Whitman add 4 to your 6 gives you ten we beat Penfield last year which was the turning point of their season and you might sneak a win against SW I will give you WM, SE, and the Flyers. With the coaching staff they have is always good for at least one upset if not two plus they didnt really lose to many key players so Im predicting 21-4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau Top 12 IMHO

Lynbrook
Garden City
Massapequa
Wantagh
Syosset
Cold Spring Harbor
Manhasset
Port Washington
So Side
MacArthur-Levittown
Hicksville
Farmingdale

Manhasset lost a ton to graduation - their entire starting defense and goalie as well as a great leader captain and 2 key goal scorers at attack. But, they always have a good crop of talent moving up. Should still be a very tough out but an entirely new defense and goalie that have very little if any varsity playing experience is a very big concern against teams that have a decent offense and play disciplined defense themselves. I say Manhasset has a strong conference record during the regular season and beats up on the lesser teams but struggles in the playoffs against more disciplined, physical and athletic competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?????

You can also count wins against Riverhead,Half hollow schools, Whitman add 4 to your 6 gives you ten we beat Penfield last year which was the turning point of their season and you might sneak a win against SW I will give you WM, SE, and the Flyers. With the coaching staff they have is always good for at least one upset if not two plus they didnt really lose to many key players so Im predicting 21-4

I don't think you can dismiss HHH schools so easily, they have improved every year and have many good young players ( more D-1 commits than WI, although SW fans can tell you what that means). Same goes for Whitman. I think Riverhead just lost to SE by 1 goal last year although it was early. Their youth program is pretty good and I think they are on the way up. We will see a few upsets of more traditional powers this season. Should be fun all around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau Top 12 IMHO

Lynbrook
Garden City
Massapequa
Wantagh
Syosset
Cold Spring Harbor
Manhasset
Port Washington
So Side
MacArthur-Levittown
Hicksville
Farmingdale

Manhasset lost a ton to graduation - their entire starting defense and goalie as well as a great leader captain and 2 key goal scorers at attack. But, they always have a good crop of talent moving up. Should still be a very tough out but an entirely new defense and goalie that have very little if any varsity playing experience is a very big concern against teams that have a decent offense and play disciplined defense themselves. I say Manhasset has a strong conference record during the regular season and beats up on the lesser teams but struggles in the playoffs against more disciplined, physical and athletic competition.

Massapequa lost a ton to graduation - their entire starting defense and goalie as well as a great leader captain and 2 key goal scorers at attack. But, they always have a good crop of talent moving up. Should still be a very tough out but an entirely new defense and goalie that have very little if any varsity playing experience is a very big concern against teams that have a decent offense and play disciplined defense themselves. I say Massapequa has a strong conference record during the regular season and beats up on the lesser teams but struggles in the playoffs against more disciplined, physical and athletic competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks pretty accurate. Long beach should fall somewhere in the mix. Wantagh should improve from last year but needs a new head coach. Garden city should be in the one spot and lynbrook at two. Massapequa may have lost too many players that will prevent them from being as competitive but still a good program. Going to be an interesting spring!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh has needed a new coach for over 10 years...to me always one of the most talented but nothing at the helm...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa is always 1 -- accept it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed about wantagh. Usually a good program. I heard that most want that coach gone in a big way. Don't know him so no comment. Good athletes come out of the town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Wantagh ever gets a decent head coach they will be a contender every year. They always have some of the more talented players in the conference. GC, Manhasset, Massapequa and schools like them are the envy of high school lacrosse. They are coached to deep playoff runs and county and state championships. Is the water different there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh has needed a new coach for over 10 years...to me always one of the most talented but nothing at the helm...

The team that needs a new coach is Farmingdale. The game isn't the same now as it was in the 60's when the coach started and it has passed him by. Last year 11 players quit the Varsity team in the middle of the season because of abuse by an assistant who still has the job. About 5 of those 11 were starters too. Great Farmingdale alums coaching all over the island and at the college level yet the HS is stuck with these guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You get what you pay for when gym teachers coach your lacrosse team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least Wantagh is not alone........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team that needs a new coach is Farmingdale. The game isn't the same now as it was in the 60's when the coach started and it has passed him by. Last year 11 players quit the Varsity team in the middle of the season because of abuse by an assistant who still has the job. About 5 of those 11 were starters too. Great Farmingdale alums coaching all over the island and at the college level yet the HS is stuck with these guys.

You are so correct, the bum has not won a state championship in over three years also why do you think that so many Alumni are coaching all over the island and in college ranks? maybe because he taught them?

The game has not changed much in the last three hundred years, the equipment has changed, the kids attitude has changed and the parents expectations have changed but the game is pretty much the same, put the rock in the twine more then the other guys.

As Massapequa learned last year and many other teams learn year in and year out, the best coaches are usually the guy that gets off the bus with the best players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said but the WI staff gets a few wins every year. That team last year had no right to be in the county finals but the staff did a tremedous job and will have to do an even better job this time around even with an easy schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are so correct, the bum has not won a state championship in over three years also why do you think that so many Alumni are coaching all over the island and in college ranks? maybe because he taught them?

The game has not changed much in the last three hundred years, the equipment has changed, the kids attitude has changed and the parents expectations have changed but the game is pretty much the same, put the rock in the twine more then the other guys.

As Massapequa learned last year and many other teams learn year in and year out, the best coaches are usually the guy that gets off the bus with the best players.

Your right he did win 1 state title in the 40 years he's been coaching. And that wasn't even a top 10 all time Farmingdale team......He does nothing to help the players. Tons of talent in the town that has nothing to do with that senile old man who still coaches as a hobby and nothing more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reh was a great coach at Wantagh. He could not stand the parents in that town. That's the real reason he left. FACT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be an angry parent who's expectations of your son didn't meet his capability. I assume you don't know the countless players that have gone to college under his time. Too many d1's over the years to begin. It takes more than a zip code to be the best. He does his best and expects your best. I'm sure his former players would agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To credit the Wantagh and farmingdale coaches with any of the players that go d1 is ridiculous. Most of the school coaches do very little to help the players. They do it on their own on the summer travel teams. Don't know about Wantagh but my son got nothing from his high school coach. If the Wantagh and farmingdale coaches are of the typical do nothing outdated gym teachers.....nuff said. You have to look elsewhere for a real coach. The high school coaches should not take credit for what the boys do without their help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad he left......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To credit the Wantagh and farmingdale coaches with any of the players that go d1 is ridiculous. Most of the school coaches do very little to help the players. They do it on their own on the summer travel teams. Don't know about Wantagh but my son got nothing from his high school coach. If the Wantagh and farmingdale coaches are of the typical do nothing outdated gym teachers.....nuff said. You have to look elsewhere for a real coach. The high school coaches should not take credit for what the boys do without their help.

The Farmingdale head coach does nothing at all to help the players. ALL of the players that have played at the next level did it on their own with the help of their parents and club team coaches. They used to have a fantastic assistant coach who would help the players but he like all of the other good assistants left to another school because of the head coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club lacrosse hasn't been around that long. Farmingdale has had plenty of d1 players before club lax even existed. He had to help them...no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you get your data how ? ALL ? Your wrong buddy. Understand that it is a different time now. Some kids are committing before they even get to play on Varsity. So you data doesn't justify your opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club lacrosse hasn't been around that long. Farmingdale has had plenty of d1 players before club lax even existed. He had to help them...no?

No the parents and some GREAT assistants over the years did help but nothing from the head coach. All of these great assistants have left to be head coaches of other programs or even assistants at other programs to get away from him. Everyone in the town agrees that he should have retired after the 2011 state championship season. They had the perfect person to take over the job at that time too. He has since left to be the assistant at another school after realizing this guy will never retire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you get your data how ? ALL ? Your wrong buddy. Understand that it is a different time now. Some kids are committing before they even get to play on Varsity. So you data doesn't justify your opinion.

And it appears that some of these recent early commits are getting the stink eye from the varsity and assistant coaches. It would seem that they are a bit put off by the fact that a club player can be committed without ever having played for them. Kind of minimizes their self imposed "I am the master of the gateway to college lax in (insert your town here)"

How dare a player allow him or herself to be committed without the input of the exalted HS lax coach and staff. Neal and prepare to be beheaded as an example to those who follow.

Then the abuse starts in a classic passive / aggressive manner towards said players by HS coaches who I thought were bound by the same ZERO TOLERANCE to bullying laws that schools abide by. Above the law is where they operate in order to knock down kids who have accomplished a considerable amount prior to entering HS.

It's disgusting. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And it appears that some of these recent early commits are getting the stink eye from the varsity and assistant coaches. It would seem that they are a bit put off by the fact that a club player can be committed without ever having played for them. Kind of minimizes their self imposed "I am the master of the gateway to college lax in (insert your town here)"

How dare a player allow him or herself to be committed without the input of the exalted HS lax coach and staff. Neal and prepare to be beheaded as an example to those who follow.

Then the abuse starts in a classic passive / aggressive manner towards said players by HS coaches who I thought were bound by the same ZERO TOLERANCE to bullying laws that schools abide by. Above the law is where they operate in order to knock down kids who have accomplished a considerable amount prior to entering HS.

It's disgusting. Period.

WOW - dude it is the hap hap happiest time of the year, take it down a notch, we went from "guy is old and should retire" to early commits are being bullied buy HS coaches. somebody didn't get hugged enough as a kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you do not believe this is happening you are foolish

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's disgusting. Period.

WOW - dude it is the hap hap happiest time of the year, take it down a notch, we went from "guy is old and should retire" to early commits are being bullied buy HS coaches. somebody didn't get hugged enough as a kid.

I understand how that may have come across and wasn't trying to be a bah humbug!
But the Scrooges that are some HS coaches need to be held to the same level of zero tolerances for bullying behavior.

How pitifully common is it that we as parents and school administrators alike tend to turn the other cheek when we witness these behaviors in those that we place the care of our kids? Especially when that kid is in a traditionally powerhouse program. We look the other way; don't want to rock the boat for fear of being blackballed by the God that is the HS Varsity lax coach. Woe be unto he that nudges the pedestal that the community has placed him upon. His wraith or fear of such is enough to keep our mouths shut in hopes that he will ultimately grant a nod of approval and perhaps make a call to a college or two in our kid's favor.

Further and deeper the fear is for those families not fortunate enough to be able to pay the ransom fees to get ones kid into a great club program and or private coaching to further their child's growing skills. Thus; the parents must rely on the HS coach and feed his ego along with many others, all the while swallowing the bile of witnessing extreme verbal and psychological as well as subliminal abuses that the kids must endure. Again in hopes of being smiled down upon for their expected servitude

My son was extremely fortunate to be committed very early to an elite academic institution, yet must still cower to the bully like behavior that comes with being in a great lacrosse HS historically.

I wonder then, just who is ultimately responsible for the propagation of these abusive coaching trends? The school? The administrators? The families? Or the child him or herself?

Staying in abusive relationships is akin to running a psychological gauntlet. This has been well easblished in the media as of late.

With all of this in mind; honestly ask yourself if you've not seen such behaviors at one time or another in HS sports. And you looked the other way be it for your kid or someone else's

You are lying to yourself if you say you haven't.

We are all guilty for allowing this to continue. But we tell ourselves that the payoff; if there is one, however remote, is worth it.

But ask your kid: Is it worth it?

I expect. The "you gotta toughen up your kid up and take the lumps as they come" brigade to chime in; but seriously, where is the line drawn if it ever will be?

My kid got lucky just have to keep himbetweenthe knew and he is on auto pilot....but what about all of the rest who must put all of their lax eggs in one basket and hope the bully coaches don't crush them or their dreams?

Think about it. You all know a kid or kids living and playing under those circumstances be it on his or her team or another that you've witnesses.

We can't just keep shaking our heads as we walk away muttering " I'm glad that's not my kid's coach"

That makes us all complicit in this crime, if you will.

Page 26 of 29 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard