BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 196 of 327 1 2 194 195 196 197 198 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you guys stay? They are lots of other clubs

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

If I leave I then have to tell all my friends at work and all my friends on facebook that my daughter is not on the most Elite travel team in the country anymore. (even though she plays on the 4th YJ team). You see it's more about me and perception than it is about my daughter. Why don't you get this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 13 year old daughter who plays middie and defense. I am looking to get her a new lax stick for Xmas. Can anybody recommend a good stick. She currently has an amonte 2. I appreciate the advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Willing to bet the people posting cynical, negative, whining posts are the problematic people in this organization. Take your own advice and move on. You make up about 1% of this organization and you take up 99% of this feed. People see through you easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I leave I then have to tell all my friends at work and all my friends on facebook that my daughter is not on the most Elite travel team in the country anymore. (even though she plays on the 4th YJ team). You see it's more about me and perception than it is about my daughter. Why don't you get this?

U nailed it!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try the Brine Dynasty Elite. Same basic head as the A2 with newer tech

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a joke. Spiteful. Blue kids already notified. Kids who move up should know. Only club that does it this long

This is the first time any one has been officially notified before the rosters were posted. Not that they didn't know already! Notifying just the blue teams
Is a slap in the face to every other kid in the organization, shows u how much she really cares about anyone else.
REALITY CHECK if your not on blue your contributing to CR vacation fund!!! She helps her blue kids get to college everyone else please pay an additional 2000$ for recruitment and she will tell you what to do, if your lucky!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 13 year old daughter who plays middie and defense. I am looking to get her a new lax stick for Xmas. Can anybody recommend a good stick. She currently has an amonte 2. I appreciate the advice.

That's a good head for Defense, try that again or try an Amonte 1 and get a dye job on it to make it a little more personal/special.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Willing to bet the people posting cynical, negative, whining posts are the problematic people in this organization. Take your own advice and move on. You make up about 1% of this organization and you take up 99% of this feed. People see through you easily.

Your out of touch with reality if you think the negative posts come from one percent of the organization. You are going to tell me that close to 8000 posts (more than half are negative) came from 1% of the parents in the organization? Not likely, you can see and feel the dysfunction on every team below the blue team. The only goal of almost every parent on a less than blue team is to get their kid on blue, because otherwise you feel like a second class citizen. In reality, especially at the younger ages, YJ 2nd and 3rd teams are no better than Beach Bums, Blue Devils, Express, Top Guns, Liberty. Now that does change as the better girls from these programs come over from these smaller clubs.

But look at the "Bronze Medal" winning team from U15, didn't they lose by a Georgia team??? SO that shows you how much that U15 really means, other than great marketing for YJ it means very little. National Draw was a tougher tournament this year and that doesn't say much.

No doubt it's a good program and has good coaching, collectively the best program on the Island (there are however several better around the country. But only one group the "Blue" teams are elite and everyone in the club knows it, but no one speaks it, as it is a dirty little secret.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U nailed it!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a joke. Spiteful. Blue kids already notified. Kids who move up should know. Only club that does it this long

This is the first time any one has been officially notified before the rosters were posted. Not that they didn't know already! Notifying just the blue teams
Is a slap in the face to every other kid in the organization, shows u how much she really cares about anyone else.

Only the blue team matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Try the Brine Dynasty Elite. Same basic head as the A2 with newer tech

The Brine Mantra is supposed to be pretty good also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Try the Brine Dynasty Elite. Same basic head as the A2 with newer tech

The Brine Mantra is supposed to be pretty good also.

Thank you to all who responded. I will look at all of those options. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a good head for Defense, try that again or try an Amonte 1 and get a dye job on it to make it a little more personal/special.

The STX Fortress 500 with the launch rocket pocket is the top defensive spoon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your out of touch with reality if you think the negative posts come from one percent of the organization. You are going to tell me that close to 8000 posts (more than half are negative) came from 1% of the parents in the organization? Not likely, you can see and feel the dysfunction on every team below the blue team. The only goal of almost every parent on a less than blue team is to get their kid on blue, because otherwise you feel like a second class citizen. In reality, especially at the younger ages, YJ 2nd and 3rd teams are no better than Beach Bums, Blue Devils, Express, Top Guns, Liberty. Now that does change as the better girls from these programs come over from these smaller clubs.

But look at the "Bronze Medal" winning team from U15, didn't they lose by a Georgia team??? SO that shows you how much that U15 really means, other than great marketing for YJ it means very little. National Draw was a tougher tournament this year and that doesn't say much.

No doubt it's a good program and has good coaching, collectively the best program on the Island (there are however several better around the country. But only one group the "Blue" teams are elite and everyone in the club knows it, but no one speaks it, as it is a dirty little secret.

YJ are among several teams nationally that an argument could be made for as top club in nation. They are the only club from Long Island even remotely in the discussion. Can't believe you even brought up beach bums at any level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ are among several teams nationally that an argument could be made for as top club in nation. They are the only club from Long Island even remotely in the discussion. Can't believe you even brought up beach bums at any level.

But the 2021. Beach bums tied the YJ 2nd team last year. Look for them to compete at u15 nations in a couple years. Hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It depends if your definition of top club nationally is performance based. If it is you have to include TG especially at the 16,18,and 2020 ages

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But the 2021 Beach bums tied the YJ 2nd team last year. Look for them to compete at u15 nations in a couple years. Hahaha

Actually Beach Bums tied the 2nd 2021 YJ team at Babylon Lax Blast, and Beach Bums won by one goal at the Elite Showcase. Did this second team win any games last summer? The even lost to the Blue Devils at the Babylon Lax Blast. Elite, I think not.

But that is the attitude of a YJ parent, the 2nd, 3rd 4th team parents think they are elite and they are not. Only the blue is elite, the others are average at best. But just put the sticker on your SUV and look like a winner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But the 2021 Beach bums tied the YJ 2nd team last year. Look for them to compete at u15 nations in a couple years. Hahaha

Actually Beach Bums tied the 2nd 2021 YJ team at Babylon Lax Blast, and Beach Bums won by one goal at the Elite Showcase. Did this second team win any games last summer? The even lost to the Blue Devils at the Babylon Lax Blast. Elite, I think not.

But that is the attitude of a YJ parent, the 2nd, 3rd 4th team parents think they are elite and they are not. Only the blue is elite, the others are average at best. But just put the sticker on your SUV and look like a winner.

I agree some are off base when it comes to where their team assignment places their girls from a skill perspective. But you are also wrong saying only blue is elite, see the U-15 national results and pump the breaks a bit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with this beach bum nonsense, club is a joke. Will not be around for long

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the 2019 players moving from B to C team ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bums didn't win at Elite. It was almost another tie but there was a goal called back. So your bragging while your top team cant beat the YJ 2nd team, even a tie isn't a win unless your a beach bum! Put your daughter on a low level club so You can say she is on the top ( don't tell all those college coaches lined up on the sideline, maybe they won't notice).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with this beach bum nonsense, club is a joke. Will not be around for long
[quote=Anonymous]

This is the last year for the organization. Why would they continue his daughters are done as of this upcoming season. Oh did I mention they both played for the yj

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the 2019 players moving from B to C team ?[/quote]

You'll find out when rosters are up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it tru yellow jackets is sold

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sold? Whoever bought it is a moron. Any 1st year business student can see it's not viable without Ms. Rose. The members are not under contract and their marketplace is becoming saturated. What did they pay for? The name? Stupid.
"Because of these reasons I'm out"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It depends if your definition of top club nationally is performance based. If it is you have to include TG especially at the 16,18,and 2020 ages

You cant be serious. Your 2016 has never won any actual tournament , they even lost at their own pathetic tournament. They have never beaten any top team at a championship tournament . Your 2020 team just went 1-2 losing to YJ in a not so close game and some other 2020 team, they were the cream of the crop but 1 kid can no longer win every game for them, that team has changed significantly. Has the 2018 team ever beaten MD or YJ in the age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sold? Whoever bought it is a moron. Any 1st year business student can see it's not viable without Ms. Rose. The members are not under contract and their marketplace is becoming saturated. What did they pay for? The name? Stupid.
"Because of these reasons I'm out"

Very funny! She should have taken the millions years ago. Now she will have to continue running it for years to recoup the money she left on the table. You are right competition is crazy right now and that currently the BEST KIDS are choosing the BEST NAME with the BEST CONTACTS. Once she goes its just a name. I would guess in the future she starts to take a less active roll coaching and only works on keeping those contacts up at powerhouse schools like kenesaw state. And then in the end, she will sell for a fraction of the price it was once worth. Don't cry for a multi-millionaire business woman with a great LI teaching job to boot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
perhaps a purchase would stipulate that Ms. Rose have a presence during a transitional period of 3-5 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You cant be serious. Your 2016 has never won any actual tournament , they even lost at their own pathetic tournament. They have never beaten any top team at a championship tournament . Your 2020 team just went 1-2 losing to YJ in a not so close game and some other 2020 team, they were the cream of the crop but 1 kid can no longer win every game for them, that team has changed significantly. Has the 2018 team ever beaten MD or YJ in the age group?

2016 only real claim is pinned to one kid who was from 2015 who put the team on her back for u15. 2018 loses to teams you never heard of, avoids playing anyone good and has a political situation that will always keep them down. 2020 was the clubs brightest spot for 2 years, was a very good team but with many changes we will see if they can hold on, if fall ball is any indication they can not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all Yellow Jacket parents, players and coaches. Our girls are only little once, hold on to tbem as long as you can. Soon they will be off to whatever college they choose and their bounce backs will be left behind only to rust in our backyards. I know it's hard not to get caught up in all the nonsense but we need to be thankful that they are happy and healthy and able to play lacrosse, not what color team they are on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wanted to try and bring a bit of "reality" (based in some actual data and facts) and different perspective to this forum. This post in not intended to "put down" any team or program but is merely my opinion of what the club landscape looks like today and how that translates into girls progressing to the next level. There are obviously some major "assumptions" in this but I think it gives some relatively useful insight.

If you look at the data (per Laxpower 2014-15 recruit database), there are ~ 1,060 D1 recruits each year (not including transfers). This number seems reasonable given that there are 107 D1 Women's Programs and each D1 program recruits ~ 9 girls per class (9 * 107 = 963). So let's keep it at a nice round number and say there are ~ 1,000 D1 Recruits each year.

If you look at breakdown of the quality of club teams and distribution of which club teams these D1 Recruits come from, the breakdown is approximately as follows:

Tier 1 Programs (Defined as the Top 1-10 Clubs in the Country): In my opinion, there are 4-5 clear top teams that are distinctly better than the rest- M&D Black, YJ Blue, Capital BLue, Skywalkers Blue and Lady Roc Yellow (Lady Roc could be questioned but they recently performed very well at the Presidents Cup). Then teams 6-10 (Top Guns Black, Steps Blue, TLC Red, Heros, and maybe MD United) are very strong but a slight notch down from the top 5. For these Top 10 programs, ~ 22 girls on each team ultimately play D1 (source: Laxpower and some of the club websites for these teams).

Tier 2 Programs (Defined as the Top 11-40 Teams in the country): These next 30 teams have been derived from tournament performance over this past summer and this fall). From a Long Island perspective, this group (in my opinion) includes YJ Gold, Top Guns Purple, Elevate Blue, and Liberty. These teams are very good teams in the larger landscape of girls youth lacrosse in the country and games between these teams are competitive. These teams could also compete with Teams 6-10 but struggle against the Top 5 teams. From these Tier 2 teams, there are ~ 15 girls from each team that, on average, are recruited to play D1 (source- Laxpower and various club websites in this group.

Tier 3 Teams: There are the Top 41-60 teams in the country. From a Long Island perspective, LI Express would be in this group. There are ~ 7 girls for each team in this group that end up getting recruited to play D1.

Tier 4 Teams: These are the Top 61-100 teams in the country. From a Long Island perspective, I have not included YJ Team 3, 91, fl$, Beach Bums, etc in this group although I'm sure some could argue they belong in this group. There are ~ 4 girls for each team in this group that end up getting recruited to play D1.

So in summary, the distribution of recruits to D1 is:

Tier 1 Teams (~ 22 girls/team)- 220 recruits
Tier 2 Teams (~ 15 girls/team)- 450 recruits
Tier 3 Teams (~ 7 girls/team)- 140 recruits
Tier 4 Teams (~ 4 girls/team)- 160 recruits
Other 30 recruits
Total recruits -1,000 recruits

From a Long Island perspective, there were 125 D1 recruits from the graduating 2014 high school class split between ~ 45 girls from Tier 1 (e.g. YJ Blue and Top Guns Black), ~ 60 girls from Tier 2 (e.g. YJ Gold, Top Guns Purple, Elevate and Liberty), ~ 10 from Tier 3, and ~ 10 from other programs.

In terms of the distribution of which D1 programs these recruits go to, it is roughly as follows ("Top Program" defined by Laxpower 2014 Computer Ranking):

Tier 1 (Top 5 teams):
Top 30 D1 Program- 75%
Top 31-60 D1 Program- 15%
Top 61-107 D1 Program- 10%

Tier 1 Top 6-10 & Tier 2 Programs:
Top 30 D1 Program - 25%
Top 31-60 D1 Program - 30%
Top 61-107 D1 Prog. - 20%
Not Playing D1 - 25%

SO IN SUMMARY, My TAKE IS:
1. The vast majority of girls playing on a Tier 1 team are elite lacrosse players capable of playing at the highest level in college.
2. The majority of girls playing on a Tier 2 team are very strong lacrosse players capable of playing D1 lacrosse. The top quarter of girls on these teams can play on the highest level college programs, although many of these girls end up playing on "mid-tier" D1 programs (by the way, there are numerous outstanding academic schools in this "mid-tier" category).
3. Approximately 1/3 of girls on Tier 3 teams will end up playing D1 lacrosse. Many of the remaining girls are very good players and end up playing D2 or D3 in college.
4. The vast majority of Tier 4 players have opportunities at D2 and D3 programs although there are some who end up playing D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will not see any rosters posted till at least Monday 12/1. U think cr wants to spend thanksgiving weekend with her phone ringing nonstop or her emails blowing up! Trust me there r going to be a lot of each

They will not be posted until after clinics begin. Cr will take a good look the first week or two at the girls who are there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for this thoughtful and interesting post. At each age level, the top 6-15 teams might shift a bit, but the general message stays the same. Many girls will have the opportunity to play lacrosse in college, should that be their desire!

I wanted to try and bring a bit of "reality" (based in some actual data and facts) and different perspective to this forum. This post in not intended to "put down" any team or program but is merely my opinion of what the club landscape looks like today and how that translates into girls progressing to the next level. There are obviously some major "assumptions" in this but I think it gives some relatively useful insight....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wanted to try and bring a bit of "reality" (based in some actual data and facts) and different perspective to this forum. This post in not intended to "put down" any team or program but is merely my opinion of what the club landscape looks like today and how that translates into girls progressing to the next level. There are obviously some major "assumptions" in this but I think it gives some relatively useful insight.

If you look at the data (per Laxpower 2014-15 recruit database), there are ~ 1,060 D1 recruits each year (not including transfers). This number seems reasonable given that there are 107 D1 Women's Programs and each D1 program recruits ~ 9 girls per class (9 * 107 = 963). So let's keep it at a nice round number and say there are ~ 1,000 D1 Recruits each year.

If you look at breakdown of the quality of club teams and distribution of which club teams these D1 Recruits come from, the breakdown is approximately as follows:

Tier 1 Programs (Defined as the Top 1-10 Clubs in the Country): In my opinion, there are 4-5 clear top teams that are distinctly better than the rest- M&D Black, YJ Blue, Capital BLue, Skywalkers Blue and Lady Roc Yellow (Lady Roc could be questioned but they recently performed very well at the Presidents Cup). Then teams 6-10 (Top Guns Black, Steps Blue, TLC Red, Heros, and maybe MD United) are very strong but a slight notch down from the top 5. For these Top 10 programs, ~ 22 girls on each team ultimately play D1 (source: Laxpower and some of the club websites for these teams).

Tier 2 Programs (Defined as the Top 11-40 Teams in the country): These next 30 teams have been derived from tournament performance over this past summer and this fall). From a Long Island perspective, this group (in my opinion) includes YJ Gold, Top Guns Purple, Elevate Blue, and Liberty. These teams are very good teams in the larger landscape of girls youth lacrosse in the country and games between these teams are competitive. These teams could also compete with Teams 6-10 but struggle against the Top 5 teams. From these Tier 2 teams, there are ~ 15 girls from each team that, on average, are recruited to play D1 (source- Laxpower and various club websites in this group.

Tier 3 Teams: There are the Top 41-60 teams in the country. From a Long Island perspective, LI Express would be in this group. There are ~ 7 girls for each team in this group that end up getting recruited to play D1.

Tier 4 Teams: These are the Top 61-100 teams in the country. From a Long Island perspective, I have not included YJ Team 3, 91, fl$, Beach Bums, etc in this group although I'm sure some could argue they belong in this group. There are ~ 4 girls for each team in this group that end up getting recruited to play D1.

Other 30 recruits

From a Long Island perspective, there were 125 D1 recruits from the graduating 2014 high school class split between ~ 45 girls from Tier 1 (e.g. YJ Blue and Top Guns Black), ~ 60 girls from Tier 2 (e.g. YJ Gold, Top Guns Purple, Elevate and Liberty), ~ 10 from Tier 3, and ~ 10 from other programs.

In terms of the distribution of which D1 programs these recruits go to, it is roughly as follows ("Top Program" defined by Laxpower 2014 Computer Ranking):

Tier 1 (Top 5 teams):
Top 30 D1 Program- 75%

Top 30 D1 Program - 25%
Not Playing D1 - 25%

1. The vast majority of girls playing on a Tier 1 team are elite lacrosse players capable of playing at the highest level in college.
2. The majority of girls playing on a Tier 2 team are very strong lacrosse players capable of playing D1 lacrosse. The top quarter of girls on these teams can play on the highest level college programs, although many of these girls end up playing on "mid-tier" D1 programs (by the way, there are numerous outstanding academic schools in this "mid-tier" category).
3. Approximately 1/3 of girls on Tier 3 teams will end up playing D1 lacrosse. Many of the remaining girls are very good players and end up playing D2 or D3 in college.
4. The vast majority of Tier 4 players have opportunities at D2 and D3 programs although there are some who end up playing D1.

This must your research term paper due before the Thanksgiving break. Lots is stuffing here for everyone to digest. You make many broad generalizations, make up numbers for convenience, but you do capture the gist of what's going on. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other 30 recruits

Tier 1 (Top 5 teams):
Top 30 D1 Program- 75%

Top 30 D1 Program - 25%
Not Playing D1 - 25%

You start this post by saying you want to add some reality to this by using "data and facts" - what age group are you basing this on? Multiple?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I used data that is slightly inconsistent in that the recruiting data was drawn from the graduating class of 2014 from the Laxpower recruits database but I based the "tier" ranking off of a combination of 2016, 2017 and 2018 summer and fall tournament results

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I used data that is slightly inconsistent in that the recruiting data was drawn from the graduating class of 2014 from the Laxpower recruits database but I based the "tier" ranking off of a combination of 2016, 2017 and 2018 summer and fall tournament results

Dude get a life. Only you and the person questioning your long winded post are the only ones who care. Keep it under a billion words next time and try not to type just for the sake of typing. Jeez

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lady Roc , please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your post is too long. Skip

Like Reply Quote
Page 196 of 327 1 2 194 195 196 197 198 326 327