BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,154
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 101 of 144 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about in youth sports it's just plain cheating. Why else would you do it???

IMHO the only one being cheated is the older kid playing down, he is being cheated out of a day of lacrosse that he could have played against his his own age or even played up against a kid a year older and improved, he is being cheated out of his own self respect and he is being cheated out of being able to respect his parents and his coaches. As far as cheating to win? who cares, club lacrosse up until 8th grade is about getting better and having fun, from 9th grade up it is about getting better, having fun and hopefully getting recruited it is never about winning meaningless tournaments and games that is for the parents and the directors kids don't care.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Mr .Chanachuck.. How is it ok for express to have legitimate 6th graders on a 5th grade team? I saw the coaches arguing and then tournament staff came over and did an age verification on one of the NYC express kid..we were also told there was a 6th grader from Floral park (who was very good) playing midi on Express 2022-2

There's no reason for it ...other than greed..that how kids get hurt!

I laugh at the "Kids get hurt" BS about kids playing up or down, a few 8th graders play JV and varsity and many 9th graders play varsity, that's 14 and 15 year old kids playing against 17 and 18 year old men yet I have never once heard of a 9th grade parent saying "no thank you, I don't want my son playing varsity because me might get hurt" everyone of us will and do jump at the opportunity.

The difference is that the kid was playing DOWN an age group, your own example has someone playing UP in high school - BIG difference.

Exactly.the guy above you sounds like an idiot.f ' ing dope

When your son plays up in 9th grade you and he are making that choice to play up with all the risks.
When your son plays down you are making the choice for all the other kids to now play up against your older kid. Get it now? Most parents don't want their kid to play up at the youth level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Mr .Chanachuck.. How is it ok for express to have legitimate 6th graders on a 5th grade team? I saw the coaches arguing and then tournament staff came over and did an age verification on one of the NYC express kid..we were also told there was a 6th grader from Floral park (who was very good) playing midi on Express 2022-2

I laugh at the "Kids get hurt" BS about kids playing up or down, a few 8th graders play JV and varsity and many 9th graders play varsity, that's 14 and 15 year old kids playing against 17 and 18 year old men yet I have never once heard of a 9th grade parent saying "no thank you, I don't want my son playing varsity because me might get hurt" everyone of us will and do jump at the opportunity.

The difference is that the kid was playing DOWN an age group, your own example has someone playing UP in high school - BIG difference.

When your son plays up in 9th grade you and he are making that choice to play up with all the risks.
When your son plays down you are making the choice for all the other kids to now play up against your older kid. Get it now? Most parents don't want their kid to play up at the youth level.

I spoke to the parents of the 6th grader. He is thinking about reclassifying before enetering Middle School, so he wanted to see how much better he would be if he played down. He already is on Maryland, Duke, Syracuse, and JFK Middle School's watch list...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I spoke to the parents of the 6th grader. He is thinking about reclassifying before enetering Middle School, so he wanted to see how much better he would be if he played down. He already is on Maryland, Duke, Syracuse, and JFK Middle School's watch list...

Kid sounds like he's talented but his parents should shut up!! Do they want their kid to be hated before he he does anything significant??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't Express haves a 6th grade team? The Floral park kid was good he had 3 assits and a goal.. they scored 4 goals! against TB..why isn't he playing in his own age group? It's not like he couldn't hang???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for him! I hope it works out. Then maybe the rest of you can get a life and stop talking trash about a 6th grader! If you think Express is the only organization that cheats at these tournaments, you obviously haven't been around club lacrosse very long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously do not know sarcasm when you see it..... The guy who said he spoke to the kids parents is an anonymous tool who probably did not speak to anyone!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I spoke to the parents of the 6th grader. He is thinking about reclassifying before enetering Middle School, so he wanted to see how much better he would be if he played down. He already is on Maryland, Duke, Syracuse, and JFK Middle School's watch list...[/quote]

Kid sounds like he's talented but his parents should shut up!! Do they want their kid to be hated before he he does anything significant??[/quote]

How stupid are you? Do you really think the above anonymous, internet troll spoke to the parents or anyone else regarding this situation? Just another person trying to stir the pot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a Middle School watch list? Is that really true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People can be so naive - the poster was clearly not being serious

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely...in fact i caught Petro at my 2024's game taking notes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ask the bandits

Bandits played the entire year last year with a goalie who is a grade older. He is an excellent goalie who kept them in many a games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahahahha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL... MS watch list BWHAHAHA.

6th graders will be lucky enough to be the MS mangers. Those talented 7th and 8th graders will be playing JV. and are on the HS watch list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ask the bandits

Bandits played the entire year last year with a goalie who is a grade older. He is an excellent goalie who kept them in many a games.
I thought you can only play up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which express teams are playing in the Fall Brawl?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day these travel teams can do anything they want and get away with it.. It's a business just like owning a grocery store..There’s people in business that are outstanding citizens and do the right thing and there are unscrupulous dirty individuals that consistently cut corners to get ahead..

what I hope that after seeing all these posts and witnessing Express playing kids down on not one but two teams at the Blatant tournament that tournament directors moniter the situation and make sure that these teams in question are not allowed to play kids down in future tournaments..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express playing in Mayflower

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day these travel teams can do anything they want and get away with it.. It's a business just like owning a grocery store..There’s people in business that are outstanding citizens and do the right thing and there are unscrupulous dirty individuals that consistently cut corners to get ahead..

what I hope that after seeing all these posts and witnessing Express playing kids down on not one but two teams at the Blatant tournament that tournament directors moniter the situation and make sure that these teams in question are not allowed to play kids down in future tournaments..
dont hold your breath...bandits are igloo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Express still have a girls program and if so where do they practice? Will they be having additional tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good day for 2018 Terps at the Philly Freshman Showcase - 4 kids made the All-Star team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know which 2020 team is playing at the fall brawl this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know which 2020 team is playing at the fall brawl this weekend

C team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Minutemen went 1-2 at the Mayflower with both losses coming to town teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! That's a pretty bad showing from the team formerly known as the minutemen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with the ridiculous 1 hour practice time slot at the Hub for $395 ? When you can go 7 weeks of high rep training for an hour and a half with DLT training at $305 . What can you possibly accomplish in a team practice for 1 hour ? Get a grip , the organization is falling apart and the high price rip off is played out !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with the ridiculous 1 hour practice time slot at the Hub for $395 ? When you can go 7 weeks of high rep training for an hour and a half with DLT training at $305 . What can you possibly accomplish in a team practice for 1 hour ? Get a grip , the organization is falling apart and the high price rip off is played out !

Thank you for telling me where to spend my money - please let me know if I am paying to much for my car or my alimony. I don't know about other teams but we go for an hour and a half. The real question is what would a 91/DLT person be doing on the express thread besides living vicariously through the Express? take your binoculars and Vaseline and go home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YA THINK $$$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey NEWSFLASH !!!!!...Express / 91 / Outlaws/ Jesters players all goto DLT training ... get a grip .... sorry to break the news , put your baseball cap on and dark sunglasses and come down on Saturday to see for yourself !! and then after that it will be you who needs the Vaseline after seeing your not cutting it???

Thank you for telling me where to spend my money - please let me know if I am paying to much for my car or my alimony. I don't know about other teams but we go for an hour and a half. The real question is what would a 91/DLT person be doing on the express thread besides living vicariously through the Express? take your binoculars and Vaseline and go home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey NEWSFLASH !!!!!...Express / 91 / Outlaws/ Jesters players all goto DLT training ... get a grip .... sorry to break the news , put your baseball cap on and dark sunglasses and come down on Saturday to see for yourself !! and then after that it will be you who needs the Vaseline after seeing your not cutting it???

[quote=Anonymous]What's with the ridiculous 1 hour practice time slot at the Hub for $395 ? When you can go 7 weeks of high rep training for an hour and a half with DLT training at $305 . What can you possibly accomplish in a team practice for 1 hour ? Get a grip , the organization is falling apart and the high price rip off is played out !

[/quote

It is no wonder you pay alimony!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]What's with the ridiculous 1 hour practice time slot at the Hub for $395 ? When you can go 7 weeks of high rep training for an hour and a half with DLT training at $305 . What can you possibly accomplish in a team practice for 1 hour ? Get a grip , the organization is falling apart and the high price rip off is played out !

[/quote

alimony or not, many of us feel the guy that runs Express is a bit SLEEEEZY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ones who pay the BIG money will eventually see thats all its about ! , if you do not say something this will continue with minimal return for your son , An hour time slot for indoor practice at that rate is ridiculous and would think people are smart enough to realize in that hour if something above and beyond the norm is not offered , (like MC JR running that hour session) , then its not worth the $400.00 , Oh and very true about DLT , not a 91 fan but the training is a [lacrosse] of a lot more beneficial to a kid on the off season , and the best part every club out there has representation at their clinics. So on the backend a huge majority of LIE players shop elsewhere including playing for other travel clubs when the opportunity is presented .

[/quote

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ones who pay the BIG money will eventually see thats all its about ! , if you do not say something this will continue with minimal return for your son , An hour time slot for indoor practice at that rate is ridiculous and would think people are smart enough to realize in that hour if something above and beyond the norm is not offered , (like MC JR running that hour session) , then its not worth the $400.00 , Oh and very true about DLT , not a 91 fan but the training is a [lacrosse] of a lot more beneficial to a kid on the off season , and the best part every club out there has representation at their clinics. So on the backend a huge majority of LIE players shop elsewhere including playing for other travel clubs when the opportunity is presented .

[/quote

Hey Schomy, when's the next time you're going to put the Express name in front of your FOGO training at the HUB ? ? ? Wasn't the $ charge $ about 20-30 more than usual ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote

Hey Schomy, when's the next time you're going to put the Express name in front of your FOGO training at the HUB ? ? ? Wasn't the $ charge $ about 20-30 more than usual ?

last winter i think

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i like mike

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i like mike

You must be his water carrier/ball washer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i like mike

You must be his water carrier/ball washer

clean testies and well hydrated and 4 2018 commits, sounds good to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever it takes! Don't forget knee pads!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DLT was awesome last night.A real bargain. Why is express so expensive? ? ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DLT was awesome last night.A real bargain. Why is express so expensive? ? ?

Greed and they have to fund their legal bills.

Like Reply Quote
Page 101 of 144 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard