BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 46 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 45 46
Re: Boys 2024 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More pack domination in PA. Playing up and rolling.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats on your 8 year old's success. Must make you feel like more of a man to post that. Have you been contacted by Hopkins or Duke yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crickets...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In due time. Ask the turtle parents how silly it is to care about being on the best team at an early age. See you at shamrock shootout. Unless we are playing up again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In due time. Ask the turtle parents how silly it is to care about being on the best team at an early age. See you at shamrock shootout. Unless we are playing up again.

I noticed you said "we are". That is the surest sign that you're a [lacrosse].

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been following BOTC for a long time, the poster above, is, by far, the biggest loser that I've come across...enjoy your pathetic life and in 5 years when you realize how ridiculous you sound, I really hope you have something more to live for than your son's lacrosse career. My guess is that this is your oldest boy, you never played lacrosse and probably went to a mediocre college, and have grandiose dreams that your son will get in to college because of lax. There's more to life guy and you'll learn that soon enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been following BOTC for a long time, the poster above, is, by far, the biggest loser that I've come across...enjoy your pathetic life and in 5 years when you realize how ridiculous you sound, I really hope you have something more to live for than your son's lacrosse career. My guess is that this is your oldest boy, you never played lacrosse and probably went to a mediocre college, and have grandiose dreams that your son will get in to college because of lax. There's more to life guy and you'll learn that soon enough.

It is my oldest but I did play at an ivy. Plenty to live for including my younger daughter who is already re classed and way ahead at 6 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is my oldest but I did play at an ivy. Plenty to live for including my younger daughter who is already re classed and way ahead at 6 years old.

Let's be honest... Wolfpack is a great team. They will continue to be the strongest team for years because all of the best kids will want to be on it and the coaches will be continually upgrading at each position every season. It may be 3 kids one year, two kids the next. But, rest assured, that team will continue to get better. It'll be a completely different team in 5 years, but they will be better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's be honest... Wolfpack is a great team. They will continue to be the strongest team for years because all of the best kids will want to be on it and the coaches will be continually upgrading at each position every season. It may be 3 kids one year, two kids the next. But, rest assured, that team will continue to get better. It'll be a completely different team in 5 years, but they will be better.

Agreed. My son played on Crush for 4 years. When he got replaced it completely sucked. Probably as much for me as it was for him. But he was one of the original members and lasted longer than all but 3 of the original boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. My son played on Crush for 4 years. When he got replaced it completely sucked. Probably as much for me as it was for him. But he was one of the original members and lasted longer than all but 3 of the original boys.

just curious. looking back was all the travel and commitment worth it? if you could go back would your son want to take those 4 years with crush or just start and stay with another team? And if he could would he want back on crush next yr?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just curious. looking back was all the travel and commitment worth it? if you could go back would your son want to take those 4 years with crush or just start and stay with another team? And if he could would he want back on crush next yr?

It's very difficult to stay with a top team on LI. Kids all over get better and better. I'm glad he recieved the coaching and experience of playing on the team, but realistically, how many kids were exceptional when they were 7 and remained that much better than the rest of the grade level. I'll tell you... very few (I know of none). If he keeps practicing and gets better and makes the team next year I would do it. But I would also know that nothing was garunteed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. My son played on Crush for 4 years. When he got replaced it completely sucked. Probably as much for me as it was for him. But he was one of the original members and lasted longer than all but 3 of the original boys.[/quote]

just curious. looking back was all the travel and commitment worth it? if you could go back would your son want to take those 4 years with crush or just start and stay with another team? And if he could would he want back on crush next yr? [/quote]

It's very difficult to stay with a top team on LI. Kids all over get better and better. I'm glad he recieved the coaching and experience of playing on the team, but realistically, how many kids were exceptional when they were 7 and remained that much better than the rest of the grade level. I'll tell you... very few (I know of none). If he keeps practicing and gets better and makes the team next year I would do it. But I would also know that nothing was garunteed. [/quote]
Probally the first any only honest reply - thank you for your honesty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just curious. looking back was all the travel and commitment worth it? if you could go back would your son want to take those 4 years with crush or just start and stay with another team? And if he could would he want back on crush next yr? [/quote]

It's very difficult to stay with a top team on LI. Kids all over get better and better. I'm glad he recieved the coaching and experience of playing on the team, but realistically, how many kids were exceptional when they were 7 and remained that much better than the rest of the grade level. I'll tell you... very few (I know of none). If he keeps practicing and gets better and makes the team next year I would do it. But I would also know that nothing was garunteed. [/quote]
Probally the first any only honest reply - thank you for your honesty. [/quote]

Hey, the Wolfpack has already turned over at least 4 to 6 kids in their first full year. So it will be the same for these guys as for Crush. But I suspect most, if not all of the boys get significantly better in that kind of training environment. They can and do get better on other teams, but it just is not the same. If your kid gets the shot, you have to let him (and encourage him) to take it! Then you have to be prepared when they can't keep up any longer and you have to do your job to give them a soft and supportive landing. But you never know, yours might be the exception that stays for the long haul.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's very difficult to stay with a top team on LI. Kids all over get better and better. I'm glad he recieved the coaching and experience of playing on the team, but realistically, how many kids were exceptional when they were 7 and remained that much better than the rest of the grade level. I'll tell you... very few (I know of none). If he keeps practicing and gets better and makes the team next year I would do it. But I would also know that nothing was garunteed. [/quote

Wolfpack parents want to believe this team will be different. In three years majority of this team will have turned over. By high school one or two will remain. Ask extreme, turtles or crush parents
Probally the first any only honest reply - thank you for your honesty. [/quote]

Hey, the Wolfpack has already turned over at least 4 to 6 kids in their first full year. So it will be the same for these guys as for Crush. But I suspect most, if not all of the boys get significantly better in that kind of training environment. They can and do get better on other teams, but it just is not the same. If your kid gets the shot, you have to let him (and encourage him) to take it! Then you have to be prepared when they can't keep up any longer and you have to do your job to give them a soft and supportive landing. But you never know, yours might be the exception that stays for the long haul. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did legacy do in mayflower madness?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did some research and looking for a 2024 team. I'm new to this but not blind. Went back over this 2024 thread to gain some info but most info is on 91 wolfpack and Legacy Tazman. What other programs have 2024 that I would be able to get my son a look. Does express have 2024? Nothing on the site. Igloo shows team, would they give a boy a look at a practice? Outlaws? Or is the reality wait unt next year? Thanks for any advice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws 2024 is still looking for one player to complete roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did some research and looking for a 2024 team. I'm new to this but not blind. Went back over this 2024 thread to gain some info but most info is on 91 wolfpack and Legacy Tazman. What other programs have 2024 that I would be able to get my son a look. Does express have 2024? Nothing on the site. Igloo shows team, would they give a boy a look at a practice? Outlaws? Or is the reality wait unt next year? Thanks for any advice

I am pretty sure the Express will. Contact them and you'll likely get an invite to the next practice for an eval.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 has 2024 tryouts tonight...if you hustle you can still make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't spend the money on a team halfway into this year. Find the best clinics around and put half that money to the clinics. Those clinics must have excellent coaching with small enrollment. Better yet, hire a college lax grad in the spring for privates if you have some money to spend.

Then, have your son take everything he learns in the sessions out to your backyard. Throw and catch with him. Play D on him, play offense on him. Enjoy to parental time. Put what he learns into PAL and the town travel team this spring.

If he still has interest and goes out and drills BY HIMSELF in July, try out for teams next August/Sept.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has a 2024 tryout tonight for the Titans...check the 91 website for info.

Igloo already had tryouts...I think they are set. I'm sure some of the other teams will have tryouts in the winter to fill their rosters for the spring summer. Jesters and Express both had 3rd grade teams last year. Check out Legacy too. I think they were looking for players to fill out their B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go for Express. Get in while he is young so that he stays on the team going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go for Express. Get in while he is young so that he stays on the team going forward.

That's cute!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's cute!

Does Express even have a 2024 team? If they do they didn't even show up to their own tournament last weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This group seems to have big drops in activity. Pack is the pack and very busy. legacy taz looked to have a full plate for the fall but nothing from anybody else. Come spring will these two be at the top each weekend with everybody else still coming together. Surprised how quiet the express team is. 2023 express plays a ton. Maybe don't have the proper staff yet that has the full year dedication. Hopefully there is a nice thick group of teams testing each other thru the spring and summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This group seems to have big drops in activity. Pack is the pack and very busy. legacy taz looked to have a full plate for the fall but nothing from anybody else. Come spring will these two be at the top each weekend with everybody else still coming together. Surprised how quiet the express team is. 2023 express plays a ton. Maybe don't have the proper staff yet that has the full year dedication. Hopefully there is a nice thick group of teams testing each other thru the spring and summer.

Maybe because the other teams realize these are 3rd graders and it's a mistake to have them playing so much lacrosse all year around at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe because the other teams realize these are 3rd graders and it's a mistake to have them playing so much lacrosse all year around at this age.

I'm curious. How much practice does each team do over the winter? Do teams even practice? Is it an extra fee in addition to the team fee?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the kids are having fun then it shouldn't matter how much they play. Would you rather they sit in front of a TV all winter playing x box shooting fake guns at each other. That seems like a much more productive thing to encourage your kids to do over the winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm curious. How much practice does each team do over the winter? Do teams even practice? Is it an extra fee in addition to the team fee?

Good teams are at least once a week. Some do things like DLT (for 91) plus an occasional Team practice. Some do more (Legacy). And some are just spring/summer teams (mostly B Teams) on this site, the spring/summer teams get ripped even though at this age they should take a break from any sport and get the multi sport experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winter time is all about the skill work

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With fall ball complete let's have some fun and rank the group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Wolfpack(also 4th ranked in 2023)
Distant 2. Legacy

No data points really to rank the rest
Outlaws
Empire
Legacy 2
Igloo
Express (do they have a team)
91 Titans (do they have a team)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the fall all signs to pack playing up and competing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Distant 2. Legacy

Outlaws
Empire
Legacy 2
Igloo

really...ranking 8th grade kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Distant 2. Legacy

Outlaws
Empire
Legacy 2
Igloo

really...ranking 8th grade kids

sorry meant to say 8 YEAR OLD KIDS- blinded by the stupidity of ranking kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Distant 2. Legacy

Outlaws
Empire
Legacy 2
Igloo

Not ranking but some other 2024 teams that played in the fall:
LI Longboards
91 Avengers
Millon Force
I guess there are no True Blue or Jesters teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express has a team and they've been practicing throughout the fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised they didn't play in their own tourney last weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sort of. It's a 2024/2025 team with same coach from last yr

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Distant 2. Legacy

Outlaws
Empire
Legacy 2
Igloo

4th in 2023? Absurd. They'll beat B teams, not A teams.

Page 16 of 46 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard