BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Unfairness with Team 91
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone and I mean anyone who plays for 91 under whatever name must realize the teams that are their priority are the teams that are 91 A. Even teams within their own organization have had a mass exodus of players because they were put on back burner when it came to recruiting. 2018 Orange is the perfect example. They were treated like 2nd class citizens and as a result many left. Very good players and families. Many of these families have been with the 91 program for years. As a result of the poor treatment they finally left. So consider if your are playing for one of the numerous teams they own odds are you won't get treated like the A teams directly affiliated with the parent 91 program.

My son plays for the 2023 Warriors. It's a 91 "B" team. The head coach has no kids on the team. He never yells or raises his voice at the kids. They compete at a high level and do well in tournaments while improving their skills individually. I have absolutely no complains with his team. One of the A team coaches that coaches multiple teams is the biggest issue with the program.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I agree with some of what's said and disagree with other statements. My son plays for a high profile 91 team. He is an average player on the team. We have received invites to most of the top re rucruiting tournaments. So it is my son's turn to show his stuff. We are grateful for the opportunity. On the other hand there are definitely favorites on the team. Mostly because they are stand out players. Overall we have been happy with team 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone and I mean anyone who plays for 91 under whatever name must realize the teams that are their priority are the teams that are 91 A. Even teams within their own organization have had a mass exodus of players because they were put on back burner when it came to recruiting. 2018 Orange is the perfect example. They were treated like 2nd class citizens and as a result many left. Very good players and families. Many of these families have been with the 91 program for years. As a result of the poor treatment they finally left. So consider if your are playing for one of the numerous teams they own odds are you won't get treated like the A teams directly affiliated with the parent 91 program.

My son plays for the 2023 Warriors. It's a 91 "B" team. The head coach has no kids on the team. He never yells or raises his voice at the kids. They compete at a high level and do well in tournaments while improving their skills individually. I have absolutely no complains with his team. One of the A team coaches that coaches multiple teams is the biggest issue with the program.

the poster is talking about recruiting ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree with your statement!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the business sales contracts are a sale of the business assets, so you are not agreeing to pay any of the debts. You simply contract to buy the good will, which is the name of the business, the phone number, the trade name, as well as the business assets; such as the fixtures, equipment and also inventory. Usually with the accounts receivable, if you have those in a business, stay with the seller and so it's up to him to collect those monies. In an ordinary business transaction you do not assume the debts of the seller.

That is all specified in a contract for the sale and purchase of a business. One of the big assets of a business is a lease, so you certainly need to be sure that you assume and the lease is assigned to you at the time of closing so you do not wind up with a business and not have the lease put into your name. So you would be assuming that obligation.

You also may be assuming obligations if certain equipment is financed; that's another obligation you would have. However, as far as vendors are concerned, such as your suppliers, then you are not assuming that debt. Although it is a good idea to verify that the vendors will continue to supply you with the product or whatever it is; even if the former owner of the property failed to pay them. That would be an impact on you, but you do not have to pay the debts of the former owner when you only buy the assets.

The utilities are something else that you need to be careful of; also sales tax. You need to make sure that there is no outstanding sales tax that could be a lien against the equipment, as well as tangible property tax.

Now you do assume all the debts of the business if you simply purchase the stock in a corporation. Then you get all the assets and all the liabilities.

I can't help but note that there is a reason it's normal to make sure the seller pays its debts: so you don't get posts like the above where the taint of unpaid debts doesn't adhere to the buyer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I agree with above
I was always told that when you buys a business it is with assets and liabilities

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no need to single this orgabization out: great kids, great families, great coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 buying up other teams is the same BS with the YJ's sending their kids to 8 of CR's tournaments and paying full retail. Do you think any YJ coach has a choice not to play in CR's tournaments? NO WAY Is there a YJ discount? NO WAY If you don't do the clinics and privates are you vulnerable to be pushed down? YES Do the YJ's poach and place kids on teams in the fall before tryouts? YES

Why do the parents of both these clubs walk on eggshells while forgetting they are the CUSTOMERS paying in thousands and thousands a year to these clubs? The parents pay yet they kiss the asses of the directors. I don't get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 buying up other teams is the same BS with the YJ's sending their kids to 8 of CR's tournaments and paying full retail. Do you think any YJ coach has a choice not to play in CR's tournaments? NO WAY Is there a YJ discount? NO WAY If you don't do the clinics and privates are you vulnerable to be pushed down? YES Do the YJ's poach and place kids on teams in the fall before tryouts? YES

Why do the parents of both these clubs walk on eggshells while forgetting they are the CUSTOMERS paying in thousands and thousands a year to these clubs? The parents pay yet they kiss the asses of the directors. I don't get it.

Because there is an unlimited supply of parents dreaming of bumper stickers and a full scholarship who will kiss their asses. If you don't go with the flow or decide to leave, you are easily replaced. "Next family up!"

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard