BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 128 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are grad years for champions

2023 u9aa
2022 u11a
2021 u11aa
2020 u13a
2019 u13aa
2018 u15aa

11A and 13A was combine older teams playing down

Ignorant comment.
They didnt play down. The leagues were set up differently. Some teams were only age based and some were grade based. Some teams were young and some old. Little screwy but worked out as no one ran away with any league. This year its only grade based.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA will take it to Crabs this year, just wait

You will get your chance very soon big mouth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRABS 2019 will be awfully embarrassed when THUNDER beat them in the Autumn Classic!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRABS 2019 will be awfully embarrassed when THUNDER beat them in the Autumn Classic!!

No doubt. Kevin Durant has a sick elevator shot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA will take it to Crabs this year, just wait

You will get your chance very soon big mouth

I think someone struck a nerve

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you guys need to give fantasy football a try. This thread is running out of FCA vs. Breakers vs. Crabs who has better pre-puberty boys comedy material.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2022 is a new team playing against Hawks, Manhasset, and Looneys in GT Fall invite. What are the odds they go 3-0?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O-3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Odds very good. Manhasset is a town team not club. Looneys not very good. Hawks where ok last hear they picked up a few players. They never beat any of the top teams from 11uA or AA last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on how many holdbacks on Crabs team?? More holdbacks better the odds. and how many holdbacks on other teams reduces the odds. Need to know these things first.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All r weak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Odds very good. Manhasset is a town team not club. Looneys not very good. Hawks where ok last hear they picked up a few players. They never beat any of the top teams from 11uA or AA last year.

The Hawks did beat the NPYLL champion breakers during the regular season, but lost to them in the championship game. Not really my definition of 'ok'.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on how many holdbacks on Crabs team?? More holdbacks better the odds. and how many holdbacks on other teams reduces the odds. Need to know these things first.

Dude, they're 5th graders. There aren't holdbacks. There are some kids that went to pre-first, but those kids were born in the summer so they are only a month or two older than my son who has a September birthday and would be on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Hawks did beat the NPYLL champion breakers during the regular season, but lost to them in the championship game. Not really my definition of 'ok'.

Hawks need to beat the cannons and arden to be considered a top 2022 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks need to beat the cannons and arden to be considered a top 2022 team.

Hawks beat Cannons easily twice in Ayla fall league in the past couple weeks. Hawks beat Arden in indoor last year and lost to Arden in Npyll season and at summer exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Dbacks 2022 that's funny. Indoor 6on 6 you count that as a win on a 60 yard field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude, they're 5th graders. There aren't holdbacks. There are some kids that went to pre-first, but those kids were born in the summer so they are only a month or two older than my son who has a September birthday and would be on age.

When you dont go in the grade you are supposed to Sept 1 in MD, it is called holding your child back. Whether it is kindergarten or 9th grade the child was held back. It is great that the MIAA parents can hold all their summer babies back but the majority of MD does not. And all prefirst arent summer babies, some are older than that , You son born in Sept sees no issue, but the child born in May,June,July and Aug does at young ages. Why do these children get shafted??? Where is their prefirst exception to apply for?? So dude it is an advantage at young youth level. and not in the spirit of youth athletics. No worries tho, Uncle Ryan says it is OK and encourages it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you dont go in the grade you are supposed to Sept 1 in MD, it is called holding your child back. Whether it is kindergarten or 9th grade the child was held back. It is great that the MIAA parents can hold all their summer babies back but the majority of MD does not. And all prefirst arent summer babies, some are older than that , You son born in Sept sees no issue, but the child born in May,June,July and Aug does at young ages. Why do these children get shafted??? Where is their prefirst exception to apply for?? So dude it is an advantage at young youth level. and not in the spirit of youth athletics. No worries tho, Uncle Ryan says it is OK and encourages it.

Do you honestly think these kids are put in prefirst for athletic reasons? That's ridiculous. They have no idea whether the kid will be an athlete. I agree that there is an issue when kids are repeating grades in middle school so that they can be bigger in sports, my older son lost his spot to a holdback that was repeating 8th grade this year. But, when talking 5th graders, none of these kids were "held back" so that they could dominate on the lacrosse field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks beat Dbacks 2022 that's funny. Indoor 6on 6 you count that as a win on a 60 yard field.

Npyll are the only "real" games. Most tourney and indoor games are jokes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are offending a lot of Canadians who think the outdoor games are jokes and indoor is all that matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agree. any boy playing lacrosse outside of this league is just wasting his time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's come straight from the parents mouth that they held little bro back cause big bro didn't pan out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you honestly think these kids are put in prefirst for athletic reasons? That's ridiculous. They have no idea whether the kid will be an athlete. I agree that there is an issue when kids are repeating grades in middle school so that they can be bigger in sports, my older son lost his spot to a holdback that was repeating 8th grade this year. But, when talking 5th graders, none of these kids were "held back" so that they could dominate on the lacrosse field.

Who said it was for athletic reasons? You did. MIAA schools hold the majority of their kids back that are born in summer months. Most have no choice. There are many that are born before summer and do prefirst also. Multiple reasons.And yes some parents have athletics as a reason. That isnt the issue and you should do what is best for your child. But just because your child is held back shouldnt give him an advantage in youth athletics that others dont enjoy. Why do the prefirst get this playing down advantage in youth sports. Why dont all summer born children get this advantage if they want it ?? We are talking youth sports right?? Goes against the concept of fair play in sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still remember the lacrosse players at my ACC school from a generation ago being Baltimore kids who had trouble putting on their shoes without mommy and daddy. The LI lacrosse guys you could drop off in a jungle and they'd figure it out. Sure they were all great lacrosse players, but the Baltimore kids were soft. Now those same Baltimore guys are lacrosse parents. Pre-first and 8th grade part two are just typical patterns with typical excuses for them. I thought then maybe those guys were just privileged sissies, and now I know. Too bad young men get raised like this. They won't be able to deal with anything in life more complicated than a ground ball in a lacrosse game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still remember the lacrosse players at my ACC school from a generation ago being Baltimore kids who had trouble putting on their shoes without mommy and daddy. The LI lacrosse guys you could drop off in a jungle and they'd figure it out. Sure they were all great lacrosse players, but the Baltimore kids were soft. Now those same Baltimore guys are lacrosse parents. Pre-first and 8th grade part two are just typical patterns with typical excuses for them. I thought then maybe those guys were just privileged sissies, and now I know. Too bad young men get raised like this. They won't be able to deal with anything in life more complicated than a ground ball in a lacrosse game.

Duke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not Duke. They didn't even have a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore kids are sheltered. Kids who leave the Island for college are prepared. A Crab may be physically bigger, stronger and faster and may even be that without holding back grades in a few instances but they can never have the mental toughness to stand taller and stronger when facing a challenge on their own. Because they never practiced doing that as kids. Go get a non fat no dairy latte and think about that for a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore kids are sheltered. Kids who leave the Island for college are prepared. A Crab may be physically bigger, stronger and faster and may even be that without holding back grades in a few instances but they can never have the mental toughness to stand taller and stronger when facing a challenge on their own. Because they never practiced doing that as kids. Go get a non fat no dairy latte and think about that for a while.

Crabs are going to kick a litle Long Island [lacrosse] very shortly..
That "fake tough" crap is old.

And - a New England kid will run circles around you anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I seem to remember those blue collar boys from Westchester and West Genny being some tough SOB's. too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agree. any boy playing lacrosse outside of this league is just wasting his time

- not a waste of time, but the irregular field sizes, uncut grass, unlevel fields with holes, insufficiently trained and inexperienced refs, 1 ref per field, irregular time rules and lengths, weird timeout rules, no quarters, brave hearts, no end line balls, no scoreboard, no visible timer, and other crap that goes on at far too many tournaments and leagues will not be seen at Npyll games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a joke...the population density of LI is significantly greater than the Balt metro area...of course more kids will go onto Div 1 lacrosse...true, there are some very good LI lacrosse players. Challenges, what challenges do kids on LI face...there is a pizza joint every block, strip malls everywhere, the Gold Coast, Garden City...talk about sheltered...come play an MIAA schedule...Baltimore is smaller, but def holds its own vs LI...and don't even argue about sheltered...now go get a couple slives of pepparoni pizza and a bag of zeppoles and mow my lawn!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake tough is what Baltimore lacrosse is all about. US Lacrosse sets calendar aged club team guidelines, and Maryland runs away to change their youth leagues to grade based soon after it is published. Yeah, I remember when I could beat up on my little brothers friends when I was 12 too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks like to eat Crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's fca

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a joke...the population density of LI is significantly greater than the Balt metro area...of course more kids will go onto Div 1 lacrosse...true, there are some very good LI lacrosse players. Challenges, what challenges do kids on LI face...there is a pizza joint every block, strip malls everywhere, the Gold Coast, Garden City...talk about sheltered...come play an MIAA schedule...Baltimore is smaller, but def holds its own vs LI...and don't even argue about sheltered...now go get a couple slives of pepparoni pizza and a bag of zeppoles and mow my lawn!

Ouch! that is funny if true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact. Long island was grade based before Maryland. The only long island club that went by age was team long island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bunch of clowns. I could use a few long island dads to rake my leaves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And then shove them up your arse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You couldn't afford it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About to kick some LI [lacrosse]? That's not working out too well. Crabs 2017s just got curb stomped by LI Turtles. Don't even belong in the same tournament. TALK IS CHEAP.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 128 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard