BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 184 of 327 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When do results come out? Like tryout results?

for the ones that know already or everyone else?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat M&D Black and skywalkers blue not every time , but beat them.
What makes them the worst top team.??. Is it because people came on here and said so??

Okay , which other YJ top team do you think they are better than , obviously relative to how they fair against other teams there age. You certainly cannot make an argument they are best team in the country in their age

Funny to watch you all argue about best teams in country etc. Lax is just now starting to take off in other areas. "The country" consists of a few states in the mid-Atlantic at the moment. And the funniest thing is that the best team in the 2019 age group might not even be from that area actually. But it might take you guys until next summer to find that out!

Beware, the end of the LI/MD reign is near ...
My daughter is a 2015 and has played teams from all over and let me throw my thoughts in on this state by state

Maryland- by far the best players and coaches (and I'm from L.I.) very smart and talented

Florida- Fast girls but lack stick skills and lax I.Q. don't see them being better than Md. Or L.I. anytime soon

Texas and California- Big strong girls and very fast but the game and the coaches are still very new. not very good stick skills or lax I.Q.

Up State, Mass, Conn.- Very Smart, and good sticks but lacking something, If they find it they will be trouble for both L.I. and Md.

N.J. - very talented and good sticks, getting very aggressive a real problem

Penn.- east good west bad, neither a threat.

mid west and Georgia- coming on quick , not good sticks or I.Q. but getting their but not soon

Canada- good in close to the goal with good sticks and high I.Q. but need work on a full field, another problem for both L.I. and Md.

Colorado- Big girls, a lot of attention, but no sticks or I.Q. not very good

In short , I don't see any other region being a problem in my kids lifetime. But lets grow the game and see how it goes

Good summary. I am from the Upstate/Mass/Conn region. We have a surge in popularity going on. It takes a while to really take hold because in areas where the game is only say 10-15 years into its growth, it is only now that the first generation of high level athletes are coming back to coach and promote the game. As that happens it creates a virtuous cycle. And some of the best young athletes are beginning to choose lacrosse earlier on. Our town's girls youth program just started an intramural/skills program for 1-2 grade last spring and over 100 girls signed up. Our youth program 1-8th grade has over 400 girls in it. So it certainly takes time, but some areas are much closer to breaking through than it may appear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quite the contrary! Maybe you should put down the bottle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop undermining the talent of the girls on the 2019 blue team. You have no idea what these girld have had to deal with over the years. 28 girl rosters, coach playing everyone fairly. Girls on the team just because their older sisters play for top blue teams and they do not have the same talent. 4 that I can name right off the bat. A mommy and daddy coach who's daughters should not be on the team etc..... ob and side note, I am sure a lot of the previous posts r from the crazy dads from the 2nd team who r just dying for their daughters to play on top team!!
LPP

You are the biggest [lacrosse] weasel of them all , we all know who your kid is , the one who never passes the ball. Everyone play fairly is laughable, go ahead you complete [lacrosse] and name the kids who should not be on the team , you will not do it because you are the [lacrosse] parent who talks behind everyones back .Let me guess your kid was considered to be the go to kid but is now number 3 on the top midfield line and you are now worried about that spot. See you soon .

Ouch!! Trouble in paradise!!

That aint paradise over there, trust me. Wait until the rosters come out and the 4 kids that got dropped to play with PM find out. This board is gonna light up.

Most bottom players know who they are. Should not be a surprise to any of them, 2019, 2020 or 2021. There was new talent in all age groups and room at the top needs to be made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on, you actually believe that kids that get dropped are the ones who deserve to go. Not in the 2020 group, 3 kids who will stay on top team and should be dropped won't.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on, you actually believe that kids that get dropped are the ones who deserve to go. Not in the 2020 group, 3 kids who will stay on top team and should be dropped won't.

While you are correct and a lot of times politics keeps a kid on top team as opposed to skill, how do you know who is getting moved off 2020 team .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody knows who is leaving our team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So u r the guru of 2020 or u r one of the [lacrosse] kisses or u r one of the ones that made the Weezle deal. And one thing I know your not is a nice person. Because even if your daughter was the best on the team u would never assume to know . I am also guessing you never spent much time a s a kid on a field or if u did u never got in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is TG thread?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's there, what may you need to say since you are looking for it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What makes them the worst top team.??. Is it because people came on here and said so??

Okay , which other YJ top team do you think they are better than , obviously relative to how they fair against other teams there age. You certainly cannot make an argument they are best team in the country in their age

Funny to watch you all argue about best teams in country etc. Lax is just now starting to take off in other areas. "The country" consists of a few states in the mid-Atlantic at the moment. And the funniest thing is that the best team in the 2019 age group might not even be from that area actually. But it might take you guys until next summer to find that out!

My daughter is a 2015 and has played teams from all over and let me throw my thoughts in on this state by state

Maryland- by far the best players and coaches (and I'm from L.I.) very smart and talented

Florida- Fast girls but lack stick skills and lax I.Q. don't see them being better than Md. Or L.I. anytime soon

Texas and California- Big strong girls and very fast but the game and the coaches are still very new. not very good stick skills or lax I.Q.

Up State, Mass, Conn.- Very Smart, and good sticks but lacking something, If they find it they will be trouble for both L.I. and Md.

mid west and Georgia- coming on quick , not good sticks or I.Q. but getting their but not soon

Canada- good in close to the goal with good sticks and high I.Q. but need work on a full field, another problem for both L.I. and Md.

In short , I don't see any other region being a problem in my kids lifetime. But lets grow the game and see how it goes

Upstate girls are in the same category as LI & MD. Agree with MA & CT and pretty much everything else you stated.

The reason I say upstate girls are on the same level is how well they do in the state championships. Downstate does not dominate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

Upstate girls are in the same category as LI & MD. Agree with MA & CT and pretty much everything else you stated.

The reason I say upstate girls are on the same level is how well they do in the state championships. Downstate does not dominate.

Ok ... when you say agree w Mass and Ct, I assume you mean they are very good but missing "something". I won't really argue the point because as a whole that is probably true. But Mass, in particular, has produced some truly top players, many of whom populated the great NW teams (including their HOF head coach btw). But I am curious what you both think is the missing "something". Is it just not enough of those players to create enough true top end depth? Or are you referring to a style of play? Or something else? I respect your opinions and am truly curious. Thx

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok ... when you say agree w Mass and Ct, I assume you mean they are very good but missing "something". I won't really argue the point because as a whole that is probably true. But Mass, in particular, has produced some truly top players, many of whom populated the great NW teams (including their HOF head coach btw). But I am curious what you both think is the missing "something". Is it just not enough of those players to create enough true top end depth? Or are you referring to a style of play? Or something else? I respect your opinions and am truly curious. Thx

Took a look at LaxPower rankings from last year and surprised to see Virginia put 7 HS teams in the final top 40. Third behind MD and NY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone else, New players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do results come out? Like tryout results?

for the ones that know already or everyone else?

New players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do new players Yellow Jacket teams come out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your dad has already cut a deal for you and your friends then you already know what team you are on. Everyone else will find out when they get posted online.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not until all try-outs are complete and all fall tournaments are done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not until after fall tournaments, maybe get rosters for older teams, younger ones have try-outs in December

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your expert opinion, such a weasel. Which 3 kids ? Name prior to rosters being posted so when rosters do go up everyone can see you were wrong and your kid got moved because she just is not good enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My favorite 19 parent is the one who screams " Pass it to @&$!? (his daughters name) then berates his daughter for making the correct pass instead of going to the goal ( which is all he ever wants to see) too funny!

His daughter makes the correct pass, doubtful with him on the sideline. Cannot wait to see the roster for this team, can they reach they make the ridiculous point of having a third of the team from one town , a town by the way that is not very strong in that age group. They should post on the rosters where the coaches and players are from and then you would see how politics are the main driving force as to what team your kid makes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure where you are getting your information from. It is not just Smithtown. There is Smithtown East and Smithtown West, 2 completely separate entities. Smithtown East is definitely strong in this age group, West not so much, other than 1 or 2 players. Many moons ago before they all jumped ship to yellow jackets that weak town team you referred to beat Berts 2019 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every region will have excellent players come from it. Great athletes are every where. But what makes Long Island, Maryland and yes Virginia (mostly northern, most people consider that part of the greater Maryland D.C. area) so much "better"? I can't really say, maybe dedication, familiarity, or history? What makes Tom Brady so good? Why are the best football players so consistently from Texas, California, and Pennsylvania? Who knows, but it's been that way forever and probably will never change, and neither will the strong hold Long Island and Maryland have on Lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is only one Smithtown girl onthe 2019 team blue that deserves to bethere and she is from West.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every region will have excellent players come from it. Great athletes are every where. But what makes Long Island, Maryland and yes Virginia (mostly northern, most people consider that part of the greater Maryland D.C. area) so much "better"? I can't really say, maybe dedication, familiarity, or history? What makes Tom Brady so good? Why are the best football players so consistently from Texas, California, and Pennsylvania? Who knows, but it's been that way forever and probably will never change, and neither will the strong hold Long Island and Maryland have on Lacrosse

I'm not sure about that. Texas, California, Florida have more than just the best football players. They have the best baseball, track and field, soccer, swimming and just about any other sport they focus on. I think it just comes down to MD and LI having a strong tradition in the sport and therefore the best athletes view it as the sport to play. As the sport grows in popularity in other places (something I think we all hope will happen) the LI and MD dominance will naturally diminish. Just my opinion.

When I look at overall athletic prowess of a region, LI and MD wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list. In fact if that were what we were looking at, and wanting to evaluate smaller areas/states, I'd put Mass ahead of almost anyone when you look at the number of high level athletes that come out of there across many sports. So I think it will be whether the sport takes hold as a "tradition" as you put it. And you will be right if nowhere else embraces it the way LI and MD do. I hope that isn't the case in the long run because I think it is the best girls/women's sport on the planet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown 2019 still a good "town" team. Connectquot 2019 is better. Neither can keep their town team together. Prediction: Mt. Sinai will be the best because they are keeping it in house.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure about that. Texas, California, Florida have more than just the best football players. They have the best baseball, track and field, soccer, swimming and just about any other sport they focus on. I think it just comes down to MD and LI having a strong tradition in the sport and therefore the best athletes view it as the sport to play. As the sport grows in popularity in other places (something I think we all hope will happen) the LI and MD dominance will naturally diminish. Just my opinion.

When I look at overall athletic prowess of a region, LI and MD wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list. In fact if that were what we were looking at, and wanting to evaluate smaller areas/states, I'd put Mass ahead of almost anyone when you look at the number of high level athletes that come out of there across many sports. So I think it will be whether the sport takes hold as a "tradition" as you put it. And you will be right if nowhere else embraces it the way LI and MD do. I hope that isn't the case in the long run because I think it is the best girls/women's sport on the planet.

That's laughable , what sport besides Hockey would Mass even be in the conversation. Florida , California have the best athletes in general . Men's , Women's lacrosse and men's wrestling are about the only sports that Long Island is in the conversation of top 5 area in the country . Any other sports that are up there for LI ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown 2019 still a good "town" team. Connectquot 2019 is better. Neither can keep their town team together. Prediction: Mt. Sinai will be the best because they are keeping it in house.

Conn better, middle country better, mt Sinai better , Riverhead better , just to name a few . Did not say bad just not very good , if you expect the YJ team to be the best or one of the best travel teams in the country and a third of its roster is politically connected kids from an okay town team it just does not make sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hallelujah!! Someone with a brain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's laughable , what sport besides Hockey would Mass even be in the conversation. Florida , California have the best athletes in general . Men's , Women's lacrosse and men's wrestling are about the only sports that Long Island is in the conversation of top 5 area in the country . Any other sports that are up there for LI ?
No, no other sports but what do we care , we're talking about lacrosse on a lacrosse forum. You can keep hockey,football, and baseball because we love Lax. Come down here now and you will see kids playing lax, cages on almost every field, and indoor leagues all over. Florida Texas Pennsylvania and California will never be able to keep up with us. Until you can field that can even play a game that we don't blow you out all you have is speculation. Maybe, if you ever start to take it seriously, you will become better, but as of right now your better athletes are being schooled routinely by our inferior kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You left Cold Spring Harbor 2019 off that lis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must keep in mind that there are 2 sections 8 and 11 on long island, and only on long island do those 2 sections have to play each other to reach the state tournament. In my opinion nassau should be able to send there 3 top teams as well as suffolk. if that was the case up state teams would have a much harder time reaching the finals. the system is set up so long island can't dominate. Could you imagine how hard it would be if Fox Lane had to beat E.S.M and Manhasset to win states, thats a tall order for any team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. St anthonys will beat mt Sinai

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was saying Mass as compared to smaller states/areas ... so in comparison to Maryland and LI for example. I think Mass for sure has produced more pro athletes than LI with similar populations. Hockey of course, but also baseball, football and other sports. I mean come on, Long Island? Similar populations, Mass wins hands down on that comparison across just about every sport. So if Mass focused on Lax as much as LI does, my contention is that it would produce more great lax players. If Cal, Florida or Texas does, then they will no doubt become the center of the lax world.

It is just time for LI ers to come to grips with the fact that they are only producing so many "great" lax players because no one else has cared about the sport. The bravado needs to be taken down a notch or three is all.

There are only two ways this will go. Either lax stays a cozy little niche sport and LI ers can go on thinking they are the best because they r sooo awesome at it, or it will grow rapidly and then LI ers will have to wax poetic about the good old days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]No. St anthonys will beat mt Sinai [/quote

St Anthony's is an all star team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's get a grip people, these are kids we're talking about, let them enjoy what they do. And by the way, aren't academics important?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was saying Mass as compared to smaller states/areas ... so in comparison to Maryland and LI for example. I think Mass for sure has produced more pro athletes than LI with similar populations. Hockey of course, but also baseball, football and other sports. I mean come on, Long Island? Similar populations, Mass wins hands down on that comparison across just about every sport. So if Mass focused on Lax as much as LI does, my contention is that it would produce more great lax players. If Cal, Florida or Texas does, then they will no doubt become the center of the lax world.

It is just time for LI ers to come to grips with the fact that they are only producing so many "great" lax players because no one else has cared about the sport. The bravado needs to be taken down a notch or three is all.

There are only two ways this will go. Either lax stays a cozy little niche sport and LI ers can go on thinking they are the best because they r sooo awesome at it, or it will grow rapidly and then LI ers will have to wax poetic about the good old days.

As of 2013 census, MA has 6.7 million people. One of many errors in your thinking is to use the population of long island as a comparison. Queens and Brooklyn do not play lacrosse, just Nassau and suffolk county. 2013 census has a combined population of 2.8 million. When you produce 2 plus the number of lacrosse athletes then you can come back and not sound like a crazy homer for a second class lacrosse area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how today's yj 2018 tryouts went .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You say we on Long Island need to dial down our bravado, but you go on to brag about how much better Mass. is than both Maryland and Long Island in every other sport. You say you know that if your beloved Mass. would take over the lax world but have no basis for such a statement other than a few players that played at NU. Look into that crystal ball and tell us all, should all U.S. players now be worried about Australia or England because they have also produced a couple of great players? The truth is Mass. has been playing long enough to make some progress against both L.I. and MD but has not. The truth is we both dominate Mass year after year and your not able to catch up, so maybe we're just better at this one thing. Don't sweat it you can't be better than everyone at everything. The rest of the areas discussed are still very new to lax, Mass. is not so maybe it's you that needs to dial down you bravado a notch or three, remember , according to you, your better than us at everything els so let us inferior beings have this one O' dominate one

Like Reply Quote
Page 184 of 327 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard