BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 52 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
my son got an invite to Jake Reed but since he is only 14, can't drive and has no money he can't go. I bet "he" wished "we" got the invite so my wife and I could take him and pay for it

No need to justify. I hope to be a "WE" next year.

The MEN who are commenting are JEALOUS because their sons were not invited.

That is because they were probably lousy lax players in HS who were bullies, the real kind. They grew up, got married had kids and had hoped their sons would do better.

Only thing is: KARMA got them.

Remember, YOU are making memories with your son which is more than these guys.

Good Luck to you all.
A Lax Mom

I agree, people on here pick apart posts way too much. Who cares he vs we, too vs two. I mean is that really the bone you are on here to pick? Jealousy is very unbecoming.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son got an invite to Jake Reed but since he is only 14, can't drive and has no money he can't go. I bet "he" wished "we" got the invite so my wife and I could take him and pay for it

That is because they were probably lousy lax players in HS who were bullies, the real kind. They grew up, got married had kids and had hoped their sons would do better.

Good Luck to you all.
A Lax Mom

I agree, people on here pick apart posts way too much. Who cares he vs we, too vs two. I mean is that really the bone you are on here to pick? Jealousy is very unbecoming.

I am the OP on this WE JR. thing. These two posts are so true. Life isn't going well for them and theirs, so they snark on here against someone with good fortune. What are THEY teaching their kids? Kinda sad really.

WE (my 15 year old son and I) are going to JR. WE should both have a blast. HE will play well and have fun, I hope. I will see good lacrosse, I hope. HE wants to play college ball. I could not care less if that happens, unless it helps him get into a better school than grades alone. Also I guess I do want some of his dreams to come true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Luck to you all.
A Lax Mom

But pompous self promotion is grand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Luck to you all.
A Lax Mom

Your hubris is amazing. If its not about you or your child, you put others down for speaking about their child's success. Its as if they were putting a billboard on the side of the highway with a photo and name. There is no name attached so there is no benefit to the person posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Luck to you all.
A Lax Mom

Your hubris is amazing. If its not about you or your child, you put others down for speaking about their child's success. Its as if they were putting a billboard on the side of the highway with a photo and name. There is no name attached so there is no benefit to the person posting.

To those parents raising their sons to be men of character, my hat is off to you. My son will be there standing with them proudly, in unity, facing the challenges ahead of them. If the biggest obstacle they must overcome in their young lives is the question of attending JR or a showcase the same week, GOD BLESS.

To the disgruntled lot of you.............

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Luck to you all.
A Lax Mom

To those parents raising their sons to be men of character, my hat is off to you. My son will be there standing with them proudly, in unity, facing the challenges ahead of them. If the biggest obstacle they must overcome in their young lives is the question of attending JR or a showcase the same week, GOD BLESS.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Great quote, but really? About kids playing lacrosse? Come on, man... Get your head straight, it's a f---ing GAME! These kids thank god, aren't off to WAR like my father was at 18 in WWII. Get some perspective, please. Referencing quotes like kids are off to battle, so disturbingly absurd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another CRITIC.

Sad, he did not get the point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Luck to you all.
A Lax Mom

― Theodore Roosevelt

Get a grip! Fairly sure TR wasn't talking about anything remotely resembling travel lacrosse. Get over yourself already!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another CRITIC.

WOW! The original poster hit a nerve with some of you.

The meaning is profound. It applies for all aspects of one's life, more so today.

Education, Career, Athletics, Marriage, Parenting, Coaching, etc....Life is competitive. Life is not fair. WE KNOW THAT.

Teaching your son to work hard, do his best each and every day and ignore those who dare to standby and criticize, a great philosophy to live by.

By how some of you have reacted to the quote, the original poster nailed it. Teach your son to be a man of character, the like-minded will unite and the rest of them will react like you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another CRITIC.

The meaning is profound. It applies for all aspects of one's life, more so today.

Education, Career, Athletics, Marriage, Parenting, Coaching, etc....Life is competitive. Life is not fair. WE KNOW THAT.

Teaching your son to work hard, do his best each and every day and ignore those who dare to standby and criticize, a great philosophy to live by.

By how some of you have reacted to the quote, the original poster nailed it. Teach your son to be a man of character, the like-minded will unite and the rest of them will react like you.

He nailed NOTHING, it's a game. Played for fun. Potentially for a few dollars in scholarship money and a little boost in college entrance.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westchester people, my kid on 2018 terps, which team was at the scrimmage yesterday? Was it the old 365 team or someone else? Was it the same team that scrimmaged the week before?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is the parent who "nailed it" mistakenly thinks that he is in the arena along with his son. That is delusional and explains why so many are laughing at the use of the "we." I get that you help him, we all do, but then own it entirely. When he fails a test or screws up his SAT is that a "we" also or is it just his fault? How about when he throws a bad pass, is caught offsides or doesn't cover his man? Is that also a "we"? Something tells me those are his to own alone. When my son succeeds those accolades belong to him and when he fails that is also on him. My wife and I support and guide him, but it is his life to live...not ours. If you knew anything about TR you would understand that he would have it no other way.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another CRITIC.

He nailed NOTHING, it's a game. Played for fun. Potentially for a few dollars in scholarship money and a little boost in college entrance.

He certainly hit a nerve with you, you did feel the need to post didn't you?

Too bad many of you do not believe it is just a game. Played the way most of us grew up playing it. Steaks are a little higher now. The carrot dangling of paying less in college tuition is in front of you.

By the way you put each other down you would never know it is "a game. Played for fun." You are living vicariously through your sons, which in some respect is OK. However, it is their game to play now. Let them benefit from your experience and the insight you have because of the game you played.

Let's talk lacrosse.

Lacrosse Magazine just put out a Military Edition to honor our veterans who play the game.

Read the articles. More importantly, make sure your sons read the stories.

You will gain perspective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westchester people, my kid on 2018 terps, which team was at the scrimmage yesterday? Was it the old 365 team or someone else? Was it the same team that scrimmaged the week before?

It was 2019 Express North.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another CRITIC.

Too bad many of you do not believe it is just a game. Played the way most of us grew up playing it. Steaks are a little higher now. The carrot dangling of paying less in college tuition is in front of you.

By the way you put each other down you would never know it is "a game. Played for fun." You are living vicariously through your sons, which in some respect is OK. However, it is their game to play now. Let them benefit from your experience and the insight you have because of the game you played.

Let's talk lacrosse.

Lacrosse Magazine just put out a Military Edition to honor our veterans who play the game.

You are hopelessly naïve. I already have a son playing in college, he received plenty of money for academics. I saved too much, and make too much for any need based aid. This is my second time around on this Merry go round. Have all the perspective in the world. Lacrosse is a game. Until you realize this you will continue to post quotes from TR. Or in your case, you'll sit there and actually be inspired for your boy over this quote or that quote, while you're trying to put this all in perspective. Been there, done that. It's a game. BTW, the only "Steaks" I'm concerned with are the ones I buy my son for dinner when I visit him at school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is the parent who "nailed it" mistakenly thinks that he is in the arena along with his son. That is delusional and explains why so many are laughing at the use of the "we." I get that you help him, we all do, but then own it entirely. When he fails a test or screws up his SAT is that a "we" also or is it just his fault? How about when he throws a bad pass, is caught offsides or doesn't cover his man? Is that also a "we"? Something tells me those are his to own alone. When my son succeeds those accolades belong to him and when he fails that is also on him. My wife and I support and guide him, but it is his life to live...not ours. If you knew anything about TR you would understand that he would have it no other way.....

You read and or misunderstood the poster. The "nailed it" poster was spkg about the original guy who quoted TR. Basically, he was saying exactly what you said.

YOU both supported the quote. Being all in, all the time. Playing the game and coming out better for it. Encouraging your sons to be strong and succeed. Supporting them along the way. Not listening to critics.

TR was a great man.

As far as the magazine articles go, heroes, each and everyone of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
reading these last two pages makes me want to pour vinegar in my eyes - yet I continue to read on. if we are going to quote the last decent republican I think the better quote is "speak softly and carry a big stick" - I think this is a reference to him playing defense (heard he was slow and only played man down), I have heard often that as a resident of Oyster Bay he was disappointed that they never had their own team and he was Chuck Greenspan's inspiration in starting the Oyster Bay Rough Riders lacrosse club.

Personally I think he would have been a Goalie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
reading these last two pages makes me want to pour vinegar in my eyes - yet I continue to read on. if we are going to quote the last decent republican I think the better quote is "speak softly and carry a big stick" - I think this is a reference to him playing defense (heard he was slow and only played man down), I have heard often that as a resident of Oyster Bay he was disappointed that they never had their own team and he was Chuck Greenspan's inspiration in starting the Oyster Bay Rough Riders lacrosse club.

Well if TR was the last decent republican, then what does that say of today's democrats? America hating, constitutional trampling, Stalinist-Socialists who are transforming our country into a leftist cesspool? I presume? Why yes, me thinks I nailed it. Now go get the vinegar...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if TR was the last decent republican, then what does that say of today's democrats? America hating, constitutional trampling, Stalinist-Socialists who are transforming our country into a leftist cesspool? I presume? Why yes, me thinks I nailed it. Now go get the vinegar...

well - thank goodness you didn't take his bait.....lol, this is a lacrosse board not a political board what position would the gipper play? I'm thinking crease attack with Nixon a slippery attack on the right and O'Bama on the far left. Ford definitely is my fogo and Clinton would be a "dodger" up top on the left it would be interesting seeing Clinton up top and JFK on the bottom. LBJ, GW and Ike on the defense with Teddy in Goal, Taft would be a perfect back up goalie every team needs that 350 back up goalie. Channy would have 'em all going D1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another CRITIC.

Let's talk lacrosse.

You are hopelessly naïve. I already have a son playing in college, he received plenty of money for academics. I saved too much, and make too much for any need based aid. This is my second time around on this Merry go round. Have all the perspective in the world. Lacrosse is a game. Until you realize this you will continue to post quotes from TR. Or in your case, you'll sit there and actually be inspired for your boy over this quote or that quote, while you're trying to put this all in perspective. Been there, done that. It's a game. BTW, the only "Steaks" I'm concerned with are the ones I buy my son for dinner when I visit him at school.

I prove my point.

I purposely used the "steaks" spelling in the content of my post.

YOU and your fellow bothers in disdain could not wait to point it out.

You sirs, are not worthy of refuting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well - thank goodness you didn't take his bait.....lol, this is a lacrosse board not a political board what position would the gipper play? I'm thinking crease attack with Nixon a slippery attack on the right and O'Bama on the far left. Ford definitely is my fogo and Clinton would be a "dodger" up top on the left it would be interesting seeing Clinton up top and JFK on the bottom. LBJ, GW and Ike on the defense with Teddy in Goal, Taft would be a perfect back up goalie every team needs that 350 back up goalie. Channy would have 'em all going D1

This my friend, is GOLDEN.

Copywrite ASAP.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh, the Terrapin Fall Classic schedules are out. Lots of good match ups on both days if anyone actually wants to talk about 2018 boys lacrosse. Just putting that out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. My son plays v long island express. How are they?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. My son plays v long island express. How are they?
They are ok. Lots of good competition coming to Terrapin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they stink

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps play Madlax, VLC, Mustangs and Crabs
91 Plays Black Wolf, C2C, and Michigan

should be some great lacrosse, good luck to all the boys except the kid who's dad thinks Teddy Roosevelt was the last decent Republican - hope he has a crap day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 express very good team. Will win some and lose some, but will be a tough game for any team in this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps play Madlax, VLC, Mustangs and Crabs
91 Plays Black Wolf, C2C, and Michigan

should be some great lacrosse, good luck to all the boys except the kid who's dad thinks Teddy Roosevelt was the last decent Republican - hope he has a crap day

What 91 team is that? Extreme?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UPenn another prospect day on dec 6 and 7th. 150 boys 2017 &2018.

What 2017s would spend the dollars if they have already moved to 2018?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UPenn prospect day in December is a waste of time. They're already done with their 2017 and 2018 classes. The 2019s are filling up fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UPenn prospect day in December is a waste of time. They're already done with their 2017 and 2018 classes. The 2019s are filling up fast.

How many 2018 commits do they have?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

he was pulling your leg - they do not have any 2018 commits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does UPenn get commitments from Football, basketball recruits this early? You would think the Ivies are held to a different standard, at least academically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somebody didn't take that to be a joke? Wow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Penn just committed a 2018 from malvern prep...middy. Announced by Ty today.

Penn is not messing around anymore and is in the thick of the early recruiting as demonstrated last year with the 2017's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrapin schedule has some great 2018 match-ups this Sunday. Anyone know what schools are going to be recruiting there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't think this was a recruiting event? I thought we were just going for the competition and to get ready for those events coming up?

Really would prefer just to let them play and not freak out about what coaches are on the sidelines.

I am not against early recruiting at all, but one of the consequences that no one ever talks about--some of these kids must just be nervous. at 14, do they really need to here that they must do their absolute best because virgina is over there with a clip board?

I was really hoping sunday would be about beating the crabs, not impressing some assistant coach...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was really hoping sunday would be about beating the crabs, not impressing some assistant coach...

That would be nice, but unfortunately those days are long gone. This is about impressing some assistant coach.

Just think, by this time next year most top schools will have their 2018's full. At that point the boys can go back to playing for fun because they won't arrive on campus for 3 or 4 more years (PG anyone?)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see what happens when some D1 coaches get fired for not winning enough at schools all-in with recruiting. Around the hallways in Charlottesville, it is an absolute given that Starsia won't be renewed with another contract. Early recruiting has expressed out mostly in the ACC with UVa, UNC & of course Hopkins and MD. Frankly, nothing is in the way for these coaches to do as they want recruiting wise, but let's be candid...will all be well on Charles St if Petrol can't win again? UNC there has been chirping for years that the lacrosse program can't put skins up in May. Now the early recruits are and will be good players, but what do they do in two or three years when they read the staff that recruited them is out? Granted this is not a reason to turn away from early recruiting programs, especially if good schools, but the unknowns are worth some analysis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the kids playing on Sunday have already committed. I fear that everyone is right, this will be a showcase for snagging early commits.

Way too many top 2018 teams playing in this "friendly" for there not to be coaches and tons of them.

Page 21 of 52 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard