BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 52 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Half the terp team was at Penn state...

Funny how things change in a week. When the 2018 team "beat up" on half of the 2017 in a meaningless scrimmage they pumped their chests. But now they get beat by the Express North team and the excuses come flying. Hilarious! They are all part of the same organization. People will be missing games and tournaments from now on because of showcases, prospect days etc. You rarely will have a full team at anything. You will figure out soon enough it is not about wins and losses - nobody cares. It is about getting your kid better and hopefully into a college you can be proud of to play lacrosse. That is the end game...

The second half of this post should be pinned to every forum - THAT is the goal

They are 14 year olds (or 16 if reclassified ). Not too many 9th graders will be recruited this year. The end game here is money for the clubs and schools. Wake up. These kids don't even have any HS grades yet. Unless your kid is the exception ( and you all think he is ) you are losing perspective. Play so you improve, so you can make and play on HS team, play to maybe "have fun" and college recruiting will come for the better players. It will come at different times depending on age, schools , exposure and most importantly grades!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Half the terp team was at Penn state... [/quote

Why? Don't need lax to get into pen state. Just a pulse.

The irony of someone making fun of PSU academics by spelling Penn incorrectly...

I'm an alumni. Since when our their too n in pen?

You're embarrassing yourself! "too" s/b "TWO" "n" s/b "Ns" and Since 1855 when Penn State was founded. Any other questions genius??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny how things change in a week. When the 2018 team "beat up" on half of the 2017 in a meaningless scrimmage they pumped their chests. But now they get beat by the Express North team and the excuses come flying. Hilarious! They are all part of the same organization. People will be missing games and tournaments from now on because of showcases, prospect days etc. You rarely will have a full team at anything. You will figure out soon enough it is not about wins and losses - nobody cares. It is about getting your kid better and hopefully into a college you can be proud of to play lacrosse. That is the end game...

Here's another one for you, not every kid is an A+ student and or the next Paul Rabil.... There is a right fit school for each kid. Get over it, most of these kids will be playing D3 when it's all said and done. Which in case you have no idea, is not easy! Buckle in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The irony of someone making fun of PSU academics by spelling Penn incorrectly...

You're embarrassing yourself! "too" s/b "TWO" "n" s/b "Ns" and Since 1855 when Penn State was founded. Any other questions genius??

Know, your embareassing yourself by not realzing the errors were intentioned

A bad joke, pretending PSU alum are illiterate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotcha sucka! Thx for the laugh!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotcha sucka! Thx for the laugh!

Cannot believe he fell for that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to the Fall Terrapin Classic on Sunday (11/2). The lineup of 2018 teams includes Team 91, LI Express, Crabs, Madlax, West Coast Stars and Blackwolf. I hope the organizers see fit to pair up a bunch of these teams that never play each other - e.g. Blackwolf and Team 91. Should be some very good lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the blackwolf team from? Heard someone saying they were strong, but teprs have never played to my knowledge...

Yes, should be a good way to start off the fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the blackwolf team from? Heard someone saying they were strong, but teprs have never played to my knowledge...

Virginia!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Virginia!

Do they have a lot of reclassified players?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Virginia!

That didn't take very long. Shoosh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Where is the blackwolf team from? Heard someone saying they were strong, but teprs have never played to my knowledge...

Virginia!

That didn't take very long. Shoosh. [/quote

The toughest 3 years for a blackwolf is the 8th grade smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are 14 year olds (or 16 if reclassified ). Not too many 9th graders will be recruited this year. The end game here is money for the clubs and schools. Wake up. These kids don't even have any HS grades yet. Unless your kid is the exception ( and you all think he is ) you are losing perspective. Play so you improve, so you can make and play on HS team, play to maybe "have fun" and college recruiting will come for the better players. It will come at different times depending on age, schools , exposure and most importantly grades!!

The write up above is the best on this board and nobody comments. All they do is trash talk and try and get people fouled up on too vs two and pen vs Penn (childish).

Well said above poster. You have perspective and get it.

Best of luck to you and your son and you will clearly enjoy the journey and the destination will present itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent, what is my role, if any, on a college visit? Do I do the tour, lunch, etc? Do I just drop him off? When my son meets the coach do I join in? Do I just shut up unless money gets brought up? Thanks in advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent, what is my role, if any, on a college visit? Do I do the tour, lunch, etc? Do I just drop him off? When my son meets the coach do I join in? Do I just shut up unless money gets brought up? Thanks in advance

Great question - hope you get some thoughtful responses. You should post the same question on the 2017 page - likely to get more informed answers there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stay in the back, they want to interact with the kid not the parents - I have heard they also look to see how the kid interacts with the parent (respectful not rolling the eyes). after the first few minutes it usually becomes pretty relaxed and conversational, just try to make sure your kid is always walking next to the coach on the tour they really want the interaction and the tour is a much less stressful and has a lot of natural unforced conversation. make sure the kid has prepared questions for the coaches, both athletic and academic and if they do not ask questions the coaches think they are not interested.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great advice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent of a 2018 player. We just received a letter inviting him to jake reed Nike blue chip this summer. Can anyone with experience or good knowledge about this enlighten me as to what this means, is it worth it, etc? We did not solicit this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JAKE REED ANYONE?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent of a 2018 player. We just received a letter inviting him to jake reed Nike blue chip this summer. Can anyone with experience or good knowledge about this enlighten me as to what this means, is it worth it, etc? We did not solicit this.

Come on, really? This is a joke right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real Question, if Philly and Maverick already scheduled, do we need to pay $675 to go to JR? They gave like a week to send in $275...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. No such letter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are also already attending Philly and Maverik. We've ignored the 3d Blue Chip invite in Florida, but if we receive a direct invite to Jake Reed I think we would go. Currently we have no such invite. Are direct Jake Reed invites now out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are also already attending Philly and Maverik. We've ignored the 3d Blue Chip invite in Florida, but if we receive a direct invite to Jake Reed I think we would go. Currently we have no such invite. Are direct Jake Reed invites now out?

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Invites are out. we are going to philly and mav.

We declined forida tryout, got the direct invite yesterday but will decline that as well.

Went last year and for 675, I already gave that to Mav show

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did not get Philly or Mav but got Jake Reed. Is this odd or is it hit or miss, or is JR less selective?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly is 240 individuals
Maverik is 160
JR is 240 (120 direct/120 through 3dbc)

I think all three are reasonably sized, elite top of the line showcases.

3dbc has 600 players (of which the top 120 go to JR)
-that is top 120 as determined by 3d
-3dbc is not in and of itself a recruiting showcase it is a 3d run tryout for a recuiting showcase

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for 675$ you could probably attend 3 to 4 prospect camps. Better of narrowing your school and attend there camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did not get Philly or Mav but got Jake Reed. Is this odd or is it hit or miss, or is JR less selective?

Love the use of "we" in this and other posts discussing lax achievements.....You and your son both suit up??? Pretty sure it is just him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any teams gonna be at Hofstra blue and gold next weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

The summer 2015 direct invites are out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for 675$ you could probably attend 3 to 4 prospect camps. Better of narrowing your school and attend there camps.

the schools will tell you the same thing but then again they want your $$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

The summer 2015 direct invites are out?

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the use of "we" in this and other posts discussing lax achievements.....You and your son both suit up??? Pretty sure it is just him.

Why be a gratuitous jerk? I have spent countless hours throwing with him over the years. Also, as I would be driving him to this it is a joint decision. What is your real issue here? Bitter about something? To answer your unstated point, the fact that he is an excellent athlete is all about him, not me. Although I can take credit for his speed. 😉

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why be a gratuitous jerk? I have spent countless hours throwing with him over the years. Also, as I would be driving him to this it is a joint decision. What is your real issue here? Bitter about something? To answer your unstated point, the fact that he is an excellent athlete is all about him, not me. Although I can take credit for his speed. 😉

Me thinks thou protest too much!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well at least "we" made it. You?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yeah I love the "we". It truly shows who this is really for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son got an invite to Jake Reed but since he is only 14, can't drive and has no money he can't go. I bet "he" wished "we" got the invite so my wife and I could take him and pay for it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's almost as douchey as the uber fan that says "WE" when talking about a professional sports team. "We" need a better o line to protect Eli...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son got an invite to Jake Reed but since he is only 14, can't drive and has no money he can't go. I bet "he" wished "we" got the invite so my wife and I could take him and pay for it

No need to justify. I hope to be a "WE" next year.

The MEN who are commenting are JEALOUS because their sons were not invited.

That is because they were probably lousy lax players in HS who were bullies, the real kind. They grew up, got married had kids and had hoped their sons would do better.

Only thing is: KARMA got them.

Remember, YOU are making memories with your son which is more than these guys.

Good Luck to you all.
A Lax Mom

Page 20 of 52 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard