BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 46 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 45 46
Re: Boys 2024 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack win Havoc? Did they romp or is there competition?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Not even close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even close

Who did they play for the title?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's some information that I think many don't realize in this thread:

From USALacrosse website:
2015 Age Grouping
Born on or after 9/1/2005 is U9

This decision is not random or redshirting, the majority of states in the US have cutoffs in August through Sep 1 for kindegarten, including Maryland. Therefore, if you are at a travel tournament or eventually play college level, your child will always play against children in this age range. Therefore, it would actually hurt your child if lacrosse in NY used a December cutoff because they would not have the same level of experience in play that everyone else in the country is having in the same grade level/graduating class. New [lacrosse] is a fact, one of only a handful of states with December as the cutoff for public schools, most NY independent private day and boarding schools have a September 1 cutoff.
Here are the kindergarten cutoffs by state:
Alabama- September 1
Alaska- August 15

Arizona- September 1

Arkansas-September 15

California-October 1(2013-14) September 1(2014 onwards)

Colorado- September 15

Connecticut-October 1

Delaware - August 31

Florida-September 1

Georgia- September 1

Hawaii-December 31

Idaho- September 1

Illinois-September 1

Indiana- August 1

Iowa- September 15

Kansas-August 31

Kentucky-October 1

Louisiana- September 30

Maine-October 15

Maryland-September 1

Massachusetts-September 1

Michigan-November 1(2013-14), October 1(2014-15), September 1(2015 onwards)

Minnesota-September 1

Mississippi-September 1

Missouri-August 1

Montana- Sept 10

Nebraska-October 15

Nevada-September 30

New Hampshire-September 30

New Jersey-October 1 and later (choice left to school district)

New Mexico - September 1

New [lacrosse]-December 1

North Carolina-October 16

North Dakota- August 1

Ohio-August 1 or Septemer 30(choice left to school district boards)

Oklahoma- September 1

Oregon-September 1

Pennsylvania - Choice left to local school district

Rhode Island- September 1

South Carolina- September 1

South Dakota - September 1

Tennessee - August 31

Texas-September 1

Utah-August 31

Vermont-August 31 - Dec 31 (Choice left to local school district)

Virginia-September 30

Washington- August 31

West Virginia- September 1

Wisconsin-September 1

Wyoming - September 15

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on the 2024 Greenwich team and all I can say is no other 3rd grade team anywhere will beat Wolfpack. I think they won that game 13-0. All the other competition for that age group was at a different level. Greenwich beat Smithtown and then lost to Avengers in a tight game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on the 2024 Greenwich team and all I can say is no other 3rd grade team anywhere will beat Wolfpack. I think they won that game 13-0. All the other competition for that age group was at a different level. Greenwich beat Smithtown and then lost to Avengers in a tight game.

I agree...they are in a class by themselves. All other teams in that bracket were fairly matched but had no shot vs the Pack. Even Legacy, who have been together for a year got handled 2x.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"My son was on the 2024 Greenwich team and all I can say is no other 3rd grade team anywhere will beat Wolfpack. I think they won that game 13-0. All the other competition for that age group was at a different level. Greenwich beat Smithtown and then lost to Avengers in a tight game."

OK, whatever, obnoxious Wolfpack parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are good but not unbeatable. Legacy will get there. Plus a bunch of other teams that weren't at hh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Smithtown beat Avengers... Go figure

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was score in the final?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greenwich parent here. I watched first game Wolfpack vs Legacy and thought they were evenly matched for first half of game. Looked like Legacy out some of weaker players out and that's when the game turned.
Both very good teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing to figure, The Avengers may have grabbed some lesser Wolfpack kids who are from Nassau to be passable but the talent just isn't there to win. The players didn't have to compete to make the team while deserving kids have been passed over. Now they won't be able to win which is fine with me (and more than a few others I bet).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing to figure, The Avengers may have grabbed some lesser Wolfpack kids who are from Nassau to be passable but the talent just isn't there to win. The players didn't have to compete to make the team while deserving kids have been passed over. Now they won't be able to win which is fine with me (and more than a few others I bet).

What do you mean they didn't compete to make the team? Wolf pack kids just switched teams? Are they competitive with wolf pack?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are good but not unbeatable. Legacy will get there. Plus a bunch of other teams that weren't at hh

Who else?? Not disagreeing but just curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Avengers have 3 kids that played for the Wolfpack last year and they will be fine come the Spring/Summer. They won't be the Pack, nobody will but they will compete. I wouldn't judge an entire team on one game. They had leads in every game at HH including Legacy.

Any deserving kid that tried out for 91 either made the Pack or the Titans. Nobody was "passed over" considering that the Titans only have 15 kids on the roster. I'm sure they will add in the winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well see. Won't know about 32, outlaws, igloo, express until spring. They are all practicing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Avengers have 3 kids that played for the Wolfpack last year and they will be fine come the Spring/Summer. They won't be the Pack, nobody will but they will compete. I wouldn't judge an entire team on one game. They had leads in every game at HH including Legacy.

Any deserving kid that tried out for 91 either made the Pack or the Titans. Nobody was "passed over" considering that the Titans only have 15 kids on the roster. I'm sure they will add in the winter.

91 tryout kids couldn't play on Avengers (even if they live in Nassau) unless directly asked. Avengers kids didn't have to try out or pay to try out. Some just are not good enough at this point. Daddy Coaches picked the team on the friends and family plan. I'll bet that there were kids that turned down Titans due to activity level and location that would have made the Avengers better and they would have been able to stay close to home. It is an opportunity lost. It is a shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well see. Won't know about 32, outlaws, igloo, express until spring. They are all practicing

Interested to see what Barrone does with Igloo as he got a bunch of 91 Titans.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 tryout kids couldn't play on Avengers (even if they live in Nassau) unless directly asked. Avengers kids didn't have to try out or pay to try out. Some just are not good enough at this point. Daddy Coaches picked the team on the friends and family plan. I'll bet that there were kids that turned down Titans due to activity level and location that would have made the Avengers better and they would have been able to stay close to home. It is an opportunity lost. It is a shame.

Nothing is lost, the coach is a lowlife, sucking poorly run clinic money from not quite good enough athletes. The kids and parents will see that and will quit or move on soon enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing is lost, the coach is a lowlife, sucking poorly run clinic money from not quite good enough athletes. The kids and parents will see that and will quit or move on soon enough.

Look at you bashing 8 year old kids...way to keep is classy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at you bashing 8 year old kids...way to keep is classy

What clinic? 91 clinic?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice guy, but fighting an uphill battle with that squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What clinic? 91 clinic?

Assume he means Fall/Winter practice for the team. End of the day these kids are practicing every week, getting better and having fun. Nobody expects them to be the Pack, but they will compete in the Spring/Summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he nice ora low life? We were late to the tryout circuit this year so was going to ask about a pvt evaluation. Should I steer clear?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What clinic? 91 clinic?

Assume he means Fall/Winter practice for the team. End of the day these kids are practicing every week, getting better and having fun. Nobody expects them to be the Pack, but they will compete in the Spring/Summer

His own clinic, not 91/DLT. The kids didn't even go to the first directors practice. They are missing out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he nice ora low life? We were late to the tryout circuit this year so was going to ask about a pvt evaluation. Should I steer clear?

91 will have winter tryouts in Jan/Feb to fill out their rosters and some kids already on the teams will be there as markers. If you go then you can really see how your son stacks up. Better there than at a local clinic or "private" evaluation with a dad coach. In the meantime if you really want 91 for your boy go to the DLT training and after a few weeks you can ask those trainers. They see tons of kids and will be honest with you. After they take your money of course.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for sharing. My kid is in third grade and just turned 8... so, if your kid just turned 9, I guess you held him back? Awesome.

You, my friend, are an [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is in 3rd grade and just turned 9 [/quote]

Because your a cheatin dbag and held him back for this reason. [/quote]

On the a-hole chart this guy tops them all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What clinic? 91 clinic?

No one competes with the 'Pack!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is your child getting better with no competition?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for sharing. My kid is in third grade and just turned 8... so, if your kid just turned 9, I guess you held him back? Awesome.

You, my friend, are an [lacrosse].

Yes, held him back. If your kid has a late summer or fall bday youre crazy not to if you can. Not just for sports

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct girls mature quicker than boys. Didn't want my kid to be small for his grade and the last to drive in high school. Paid for an extra year if prek at no point did I ever think this will give me a leg up in sports

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really a nice guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really a nice guy.

What's his deal? Seems like he has been with 91 for a while. Doesn't even have a kid on the 2024 team, just helping out the club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really a nice guy.

What's his deal? Seems like he has been with 91 for a while. Doesn't even have a kid on the 2024 team, just helping out the club

Helping out his pockets. Offers separate training for his own profit. His team is beholden to him and if you are not friends and family you can't get in the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't seem like the best "club". Lost to a town team and got beat up pretty good by legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't seem like the best "club". Lost to a town team and got beat up pretty good by legacy.

They don't know it yet...talking like they are going to be the Wolfpack West. Not a chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't know it yet...talking like they are going to be the Wolfpack West. Not a chance.

People talk about the WolfPack like they are legit. They are in 3rd grade, what have they done yet??? Other teams might be behind the curve now but that will change come spring. 91 kids get a bit of a head start because they are one if the few organizations to have pure 2nd grade teams.

Page 11 of 46 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard