BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 93 of 144 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep telling yourself that.

Your alumni say different.

Take a look on Jericho Turnpike. I do not see an education center standing there. It is a state of the art Athletic Center.

There shouldn't be any doubt that given one spot, Chaminade would admit a straight A non-athlete over a B- all-American laxer every single time. Not every Catholic school can say that.

You would think that with drawing great talent from all corners of Nassau and even some Suffolk that Chaminade wouldn't be losing to small publics that only draw from a 2 mile radius like Yorktown. Somethin' aint right with that. And why are they ducking their next door neighbor GC?

How do you know it is not GC ducking Chaminade?

Agree 100%. Chaminade would be more than happy to play (and beat) them. GC, on the other hand, has an issue since recently many of their top players are gravitating towards Chaminade. There are 5-6 top kids from GC in the current freshman class and a big group studying hard now for the entrance exam. The last thing the GC coaches want to do is fuel that fire by playing Chaminade and getting destroyed.....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, there is no formal application for Chaminade and kids dont submit their athletic accomplishments in an effort to get admitted. It is the admission test....Anyone talking about how the administration weighs the straight A academic against the B- star lax player just doesn't know what they are talking about. You need to do well on the test or you don't get in....period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look on Jericho Turnpike. I do not see an education center standing there. It is a state of the art Athletic Center.

There shouldn't be any doubt that given one spot, Chaminade would admit a straight A non-athlete over a B- all-American laxer every single time. Not every Catholic school can say that.

You would think that with drawing great talent from all corners of Nassau and even some Suffolk that Chaminade wouldn't be losing to small publics that only draw from a 2 mile radius like Yorktown. Somethin' aint right with that. And why are they ducking their next door neighbor GC?

Agree 100%. Chaminade would be more than happy to play (and beat) them. GC, on the other hand, has an issue since recently many of their top players are gravitating towards Chaminade. There are 5-6 top kids from GC in the current freshman class and a big group studying hard now for the entrance exam. The last thing the GC coaches want to do is fuel that fire by playing Chaminade and getting destroyed.....

You don't need to study hard for that test, B students pass it routinely...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, there is no formal application for Chaminade and kids dont submit their athletic accomplishments in an effort to get admitted. It is the admission test....Anyone talking about how the administration weighs the straight A academic against the B- star lax player just doesn't know what they are talking about. You need to do well on the test or you don't get in....period.

LMAO. Righhhtttt!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And when you don't get in, you can appeal!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But there is limited capacity for each class and given one last spot, they'd take take the higher test score over the laxer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not pass/fail my friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But there is limited capacity for each class and given one last spot, they'd take take the higher test score over the laxer.

They don't even know that he is a laxer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO. Righhhtttt!!!!

Laugh all you want. It is the truth. Or is it impossible for you to conceive of a kid being a top lacrosse player and also very bright?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO. Righhhtttt!!!!

Laugh all you want. It is the truth. Or is it impossible for you to conceive of a kid being a top lacrosse player and also very bright?

how do they know about legacy kids. You know the kids that - Dad went their, Uncle when they're, brother went there. I don't think admissions is purely transparent but I don't know

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO. Righhhtttt!!!!

That makes it even worse- if a kid is VERY BRIGHT- do not5 reclassify said KID!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO. Righhhtttt!!!!

How about an All-American laxer that's not very bright? Forward his application to St A's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but you are just flat wrong about that, my son had a couple of very talented lax players who are all in the advanced classes in their public schools (including one whose dad graduated from Chaminade) who did not get accepted. They were accepted by other Catholic high schools but not Chaminade. So please stop trying to denigrate the kids that get accepted to Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO. Righhhtttt!!!!

Correct. I will laugh all I want! If you don't think that MANY Chaminade boys accepted aren't with favors or coaches giving lists than you need to wake up.

Also, I agree that it is possible that a "top lacrosse" player can also be very bright, my wife gave birth to one. And he perfers black and gold. He likes to be in a realitsc intuition acdemically that resembles LIFE. You know, males & females interacting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I call BS on that one. If you don't do well on the test you can absolutely still get in. Be a very good athlete, have someone make a phone call, legacy, etc. A decent don't get in intially based on the test score but then are magically enrolled later after a coach sees them or a phone call is made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I call BS on that one. If you don't do well on the test you can absolutely still get in. Be a very good athlete, have someone make a phone call, legacy, etc. A decent don't get in intially based on the test score but then are magically enrolled later after a coach sees them or a phone call is made.

YES- this happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't Larry Miller make a thread for this and move these posts there? That way people can actually talk about the Express here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a cut-off score for admission. For arguments sake, if in a given year it is 92 then, yes, there will be kids who get 89 whose dad or uncle went there who may get in. However, if the kid cranks out a 70, I dont care if he is the best player around, he is not getting in. I know of one young man who didn't get in years back despite his Dad having gone there and been valedictorian. So, there are exceptions but also a score beneath which your connections can't help. Lastly, I agree the notion that the coaches have admission picks is pure nonsense. Imagine if they did!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a cut-off score for admission. For arguments sake, if in a given year it is 92 then, yes, there will be kids who get 89 whose dad or uncle went there who may get in. However, if the kid cranks out a 70, I dont care if he is the best player around, he is not getting in. I know of one young man who didn't get in years back despite his Dad having gone there and been valedictorian. So, there are exceptions but also a score beneath which your connections can't help. Lastly, I agree the notion that the coaches have admission picks is pure nonsense. Imagine if they did!

yes they do …don't be so naive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes they do …don't be so naive

No, they dont.....don't be so cynical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, I agree that it is possible that a "top lacrosse" player can also be very bright, my wife gave birth to one. And he perfers black and gold. He likes to be in a realitsc intuition acdemically that resembles LIFE. You know, males & females interacting.

his father must be very proud, tell him congratulations when you see him.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This whole debate is a joke. Both your pvt schools suck. Come into the city and try and get in somewhere. Half the class goes ivy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WE HAVE A WINNER !!!

Best response I have read anywhere on this site in quite some time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a thread about Express lacrosse somewhere? I was curious if anything was happening regarding the teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to lax.

Express seems to be fading. 2021-2024 are all mediocre. Honey badgers the exception.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to lax.

Express seems to be fading. 2021-2024 are all mediocre. Honey badgers the exception.

Yeah. But it will come around. A lot competition from other clubs. THe brand is still very strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a thread about Express lacrosse somewhere? I was curious if anything was happening regarding the teams

Does anyone know the tuition for express?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tuition was stated when you recieved your invite letter. Summer tuition is $1800 includes 5 tournaments , uniform, and the rest like usual , practices. Anything extra would be additional charge most likely . It's average price .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tuition was stated when you recieved your invite letter. Summer tuition is $1800 includes 5 tournaments , uniform, and the rest like usual , practices. Anything extra would be additional charge most likely . It's average price .

Thank you for the info.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plus $350 for 6 fall practices and $150 or $200 per fall tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Express North and Express NYC - are they less expensive?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Express ended 2014 summer on a high note They really came into their own. I am not a part of the team (but a fan); I am curious where they are slated to play for the fall.

Is there any chance the LI teams will play each other this fall. Remembering it is not really which team is better or best but how can we get the boys better. I truly enjoy watching the boys now that they are starting to "get it".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to U.S. News, Long Island's top 10 high schools are:

1. Jericho High School; Jericho
2. Manhasset Secondary School; Manhasset
3. William A. Shine Great Neck South High School; Great Neck
4. Garden City High School; Garden City
5. South Side High School, Rockville Centre
6. Cold Spring Harbor High School; Cold Spring Harbor
7. The Wheatley School; Old Westbury
8. Syosset Senior High School; Syosset
9. Herricks High School; New Hyde Park
10. Harborfields High School; Greenlawn

The flaw in this list is that it ranks only public schools.
It is very likely that a listing of the best schools on Long island including publics, privates and religious such as Chaminade, St. A's, Friends, Kellenberg, Sacred Heart, Mercy, Portledge, Waldorf and Stony Brook would be significantly different (especially at the top).

Here are some very interesting stats
Almost 13 thousand kids go to Catholic High Schools on LI
(up almost 2o% percent in the past 10 years).

The draw to the Catholic High Schools is about 60% from catholic elementary/ 40% from public

Chaminade takes those kids that score best on the test.

Lastly, 100% of Chaminade kids applied and were accepted to colleges last year. Most public schools can't say that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is very likely that a listing of the best schools on Long island including publics, privates and religious such as Chaminade, St. A's, Friends, Kellenberg, Sacred Heart, Mercy, Portledge, Waldorf and Stony Brook would be significantly different (especially at the top).

The draw to the Catholic High Schools is about 60% from catholic elementary/ 40% from public

Lastly, 100% of Chaminade kids applied and were accepted to colleges last year. Most public schools can't say that.

The sentence is where you went off the rails. Of course 100% were accepted. They don't take any kids that have any academic issues. Or any other issues. Publics are REQUIRED to educate every student that resides in the district, despite any issue. Can't compare.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLEASE STOP TRYING TO LUMP ST ANTHONYS WITH CHAMINADE. APPLES AND ORNAGES. ONE IS ACKNOWLEDGED AS AN VERY GOOD ACADMIC SCHOOL WITH HISTORY AND A RECORD OF EXCELLENCE, THE OTHER IS REALLY NOT IN SAME LEAGUE AS A SCHOOL. WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES IS NOT THE MEASURE OF A GREAT SCHOOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sentence is where you went off the rails. Of course 100% were accepted. They don't take any kids that have any academic issues. Or any other issues. Publics are REQUIRED to educate every student that resides in the district, despite any issue. Can't compare.

Nobody cares about your rankings except your Realtor and receiver of Taxes. Our kids go to Catholic schools because they want to. They are part something that bonds them for a lifetime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about your rankings except your Realtor and receiver of Taxes. Our kids go to Catholic schools because they want to. They are part something that bonds them for a lifetime.

Pedophelia?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pedophelia?

You're an [lacrosse]... happy new year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any 2017 teams need anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pedophelia?

No, think it's racially insensitive behavior

Like Reply Quote
Page 93 of 144 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard