BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 92 of 144 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great grades aside. Ever hear of affirmative action?

ding ding ding ding... you win a prize.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ivies-Liberal, progressive incubators.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are [lacrosse] amazing!!! It doesn't surprise me though..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if he had the grades you said and was white from a poor neighborhood..Ivies wouldn't accept him. I am glad he got in but
there is a big advantage to being a minority for admissions in most colleges..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey seems like great kids who will do well in life, but can you honestly say the reason every Ivy was bending over backwards for these two wasn't racial. You are just not being honest if you say that these two had better academic records than the hundreds of valedictorians who get rejected every year from these schools because of legacies or racial preferences. Funny how pointing out the facts these days makes you some sort of Neanderthal.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey seems like great kids who will do well in life, but can you honestly say the reason every Ivy was bending over backwards for these two wasn't racial. You are just not being honest if you say that these two had better academic records than the hundreds of valedictorians who get rejected every year from these schools because of legacies or racial preferences. Funny how pointing out the facts these days makes you some sort of Neanderthal.

Wow you really are a pompous [lacrosse]! Did you hold your kid back and are now afraid a kid of a different race might get more recognition ? Just terrible !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow you really are a pompous [lacrosse]! Did you hold your kid back and are now afraid a kid of a different race might get more recognition ? Just terrible !

You would do yourself well to become familiar with the admissions policies and, more importantly, the admissions philosophies of the Ivy's. Particularly the top Ivy's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are [lacrosse] amazing!!! It doesn't surprise me though..[quote=Anonymous]Great grades aside. Ever hear of affirmative action?

I fail to see how it is different than the lax player who gains admission over a valedictorian. Ivy 's want diversity. While they are not going to take you if you have a 2.0 and a 990 SAT even if you are an Aborigional, bisexual, quadrapelegic, they don't want a racially singular nerds-only student body. Congrats to all who are admitted, those who have to tough it out at lesser institutions will probably be okay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there it is... the race card, that didn't take long. Who mentioned race? YOU! Everyone else mentioned grades. I guess you're from the ilk that believe if you disagree with Obama's horrific polices you're also a racist... Sick demented conclusion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are [lacrosse] amazing!!! It doesn't surprise me though..[quote=Anonymous]Great grades aside. Ever hear of affirmative action?

I fail to see how it is different than the lax player who gains admission over a valedictorian. Ivy 's want diversity. While they are not going to take you if you have a 2.0 and a 990 SAT even if you are an Aborigional, bisexual, quadrapelegic, they don't want a racially singular nerds-only student body. Congrats to all who are admitted, those who have to tough it out at lesser institutions will probably be okay.

The point is, it is clear that the level of intellect needed to gain acceptance to these schools varies greatly based on ones personal situation. With that said, just maybe this whole IVY dream isn't really all that it's built up to be. Personally, given the opportunity, I would not send my son to one of those schools. My personal beliefs are in direct opposition on almost everything these schools promote. Far better choices out there without the left wing indoctrination program. May not be as "highly rated", but I think getting a 4.0 at ND, Stanford, or Vanderbilt won't hold you back much in life... Be careful where you send your children, they may come back with a twisted way of thinking, that you paid $250,000 for.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you read my paragraph again, it is about lacrosse and academics. STA kids do get into those schools because their marks are high. It's easy to keep them high with an EASIER academic load to carry. And, it's a sports school but it is not hard to be an honors student at STA. It is however, very hard at Chaminade. Again, education and connections for a lifetime vs. 15 minutes of fame at a high school game. No comparison.

So the Geometry, Trig, Biology, Chem or Calculus is MUCH harder at Chaminade compared to STA or a public school?

Chaminade is not a "sports school" ? HA!

(15 minutes of fame at a high school game) So the FLYERS games in all their sports aren't important to the students, parents and front office of the school? Load of BS.

So many Chaminade parents come off like NO OTHER school has a tough work load than your school, no other private or public school- please stop.

If Chaminade is so superior for academics, then why do the publics blow them away in terms of finalists and semifinalists at science and math competitions, for example, Intel?

You must be a public school graduate and failed math. Compare the number of students.

Umm, ok, Chaminade has ~400-500 boys per grade, that's bigger than almost any other school on long island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smartest kid from Long Island Last Year "PUBLIC" - NOT SILVER SPOONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to both 17-year-old Kwasi Enin of Shirley, New [lacrosse] and Avery Coffey, the 17-year-old from Washington D.C., for their extraordinary acceptances into several top-tier Ivy League schools. Enin, who is a black senior at William Floyd High School, was accepted into eight Ivy League schools, including Harvard University, Yale University, Princeton University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, the University of Pennsylvania and Brown University. Coffey, a resident of D.C.’s notorious 8th Ward and a soon-to-be Benjamin Banneker Academic High School graduate (and also black), was accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, and the University of Pennsylvania.

Come on.... To say a kid that had about 93 average and a little over 2000 on the SAT is the smartest kid on LI is just silly. Did he get accepted to all 8 Ivies? Yes. The question is why? How many kids do you know with the same grade that didn't even get a sniff from an IVY? Maybe just maybe this whole "ivy" thing is abit overblown???

Actually it's more about his work ethic, ability to overcome obsticals. And don't forget about stellar morals, unfortunately this is what is missing from the cheating holdbacks!

I'm amazed at how many people are getting worked up over the Cham/St. A's vs. public school debate. These are catholic schools we're talking about, not prestigious private schools. Almost anyone can get into these schools by taking a fairly simple aptitude test that most students pass. Long Island has some of the top public schools on long island and any academic statistics are clearly skewed because these schools take everyone, there aren't standards to get in or stay in. But there is nothing special about these catholic schools - they're not for rich kids, the best athletes, or the brightest. I'm not knocking them, they are perfectly fine learning institutions, but they offer nothing special. Are they better learning environments than Wyandanch? Probably, but let's stop acting like they're the ivy league of long island high schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow - glad to hear your kid will not be going to that liberal bastion that is Yale university - like the below
(and yes I left off both Clintons because it didn't help prove my point)

ALITO, Samuel, 1975 Law – Supreme Court justice.
ASHCROFT, John, 1964 – former U.S. attorney general.
ASPIN, Les, 1960 – former secretary of defense.
BALDRIGE, H. Malcolm Jr., 1944 – former Commerce secretary
BUSH, George H.W., 1948 – 41st U.S. president.
BUSH, George H.W., 1968 – 43rd U.S. president.
CHAFEE, John, 1944 – former U.S. senator from Rhode Island.
DANFORTH, Rev. John, 1963 Law – former U.S. senator
FORD, Gerald R., 1941 Law – 38th U.S. president.
GOSS, Porter, 1960 – former CIA director
LIEBERMAN, Joseph I., 1964, 1967 Law – U.S. senator
LOCKE, Gary, 1971 – secretary of commerce
NEGROPONTE, John D. 1960–former dir. of national intelligence
PATAKI, George, 1967 – former governor of New [lacrosse].
PROXMIRE, William, 1938 – former U.S. senator from Wisconsin.
TAFT, Robert A., 1910 – former U.S. senator from Ohio.
TAFT, William Howard, 1878 – 27th U.S. president
THOMAS, Clarence, 1974 Law – Supreme Court justice.
VANCE, Cyrus, 1939, 1942 Law – former secretary of state.
WILSON, Peter B., 1956 – former California governor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smartest kid from Long Island Last Year "PUBLIC" - NOT SILVER SPOONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to both 17-year-old Kwasi Enin of Shirley, New [lacrosse] and Avery Coffey, the 17-year-old from Washington D.C., for their extraordinary acceptances into several top-tier Ivy League schools. Enin, who is a black senior at William Floyd High School, was accepted into eight Ivy League schools, including Harvard University, Yale University, Princeton University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, the University of Pennsylvania and Brown University. Coffey, a resident of D.C.’s notorious 8th Ward and a soon-to-be Benjamin Banneker Academic High School graduate (and also black), was accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, and the University of Pennsylvania.

What Positions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow - glad to hear your kid will not be going to that liberal bastion that is Yale university - like the below

Great list of accomplished people. Can you make that same list post 2000 graduates? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! How about 1990? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's so much ignorance and naivete being thrown about on both sides of this debate. It's off the rails.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great list of accomplished people. Can you make that same list post 2000 graduates? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! How about 1990? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

can you list any college that have a great list of accomplished people that graduated post 2000? that could be the stupid post (SWR thread excluded) ever on BOTC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

can you list any college that have a great list of accomplished people that graduated post 2000? that could be the stupid post (SWR thread excluded) ever on BOTC

Actually you might be the stupidest person on botc by far. I'll explain, because clearly I have to. The list of people above are mostly conservative in there political beliefs. My challenge to the poster was to try and put together a similar list of graduates with similar views that have graduated post 1990. Nearly an immpossible task. Given the liberal indoctrination that takes place. Got now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant wait for the first tourney. You are all on lax withdrawal. I think (mercifully) the reclassify conversation on the 2018 thread finally burnt out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's so much ignorance and naivete being thrown about on both sides of this debate. It's off the rails.

Now you Sir/Miss(am I allowed to say Miss?) are somebody I could enjoy a conversation with!

The heights of impossible ignorance on both sides has been astounding to read on this thread. It makes the SWR thread boring;)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are going to call someone out as being the dumbest on back of the cage maybe you should figure out when to use THEIR or THERE in the proper context ,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reclassed 2018 goalie, NOW 2019 goalie who will be attending Chaminade HS next Sept and playing in the cage the following spring will never be forgotten about.

We all know he will be accepted to the school, as he was already and make the team, as he is an Express player.

To that end.....

The goalies who would like to be a part of the Chaminade HS Class of 2019 are all taking the CHSEE on October 26th.

Right now these boys are working with trainers, practicing with their teams and studying hard.

They have not and will never put to rest the fact that a 2018 goalie reclassed to gain a position which should have been theirs if he was not there.

Keeping the dream alive for themselves is what they are all focusing on.

Power to the Players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channi is still an egocentric chauvinist...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are going to call someone out as being the dumbest on back of the cage maybe you should figure out when to use THEIR or THERE in the proper context ,

Wrote the post on a smart phone, can barely see it. Let alone proof read it. Is the typo all you got over THERE? Figures...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrote the post on a smart phone, can barely see it. Let alone proof read it. Is the typo all you got over THERE? Figures...

The last letters for "There" and "Their" are not even close on the keypad. Sorry, but poor grammar is the call. Despite poor grammar, doesn't call for other guy's rant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all are assuming that a decision to attend Chaminade has something to do with a specific sport. I can assure you that athletics might be 7th or 8th down on the list of reasons why Chaminade families have decided to go this route. Athletics has very little to nothing to do with attending the school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all are assuming that a decision to attend Chaminade has something to do with a specific sport. I can assure you that athletics might be 7th or 8th down on the list of reasons why Chaminade families have decided to go this route. Athletics has very little to nothing to do with attending the school.

1. Education
2. Athletics
3. Faith

Then everything else……sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The last letters for "There" and "Their" are not even close on the keypad. Sorry, but poor grammar is the call. Despite poor grammar, doesn't call for other guy's rant.

Ok grammar police. Surely with your line of thinking you are confuse by the definition of "is".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Education
2. Athletics
3. Faith

YES, YES and YES. However, SPORTS are a tredmendous part of the decision making process for an athlete and his parents when deciding which catholic high school to attend.

You do see the athletic center at Chaminade don't you???

That was constructed instead of a science or technology research center. The GYM was contructed instead of a new chapel. The GYM was contructed instead of a new music theatre.

We are calling spades spades here.

Do not kid yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep telling yourself that.

Your alumni say different.

Take a look on Jericho Turnpike. I do not see an education center standing there. It is a state of the art Athletic Center.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with this topic already!! We are talking about catholic schools!! Not private schools. There are better public schools on Long Island. End of story. Let it go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with this topic already!! We are talking about catholic schools!! Not private schools. There are better public schools on Long Island. End of story. Let it go.

Ha! You go with an exasperated enough already, clearly tired of the school argument, which is fair, but then you end with another point to argue. Brilliant!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look on Jericho Turnpike. I do not see an education center standing there. It is a state of the art Athletic Center.

There shouldn't be any doubt that given one spot, Chaminade would admit a straight A non-athlete over a B- all-American laxer every single time. Not every Catholic school can say that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There shouldn't be any doubt that given one spot, Chaminade would admit a straight A non-athlete over a B- all-American laxer every single time. Not every Catholic school can say that.

You would think that with drawing great talent from all corners of Nassau and even some Suffolk that Chaminade wouldn't be losing to small publics that only draw from a 2 mile radius like Yorktown. Somethin' aint right with that. And why are they ducking their next door neighbor GC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Education
2. Athletics
3. Faith

Wrong. You don't subject yourself to 4 years of Catholic discipline if faith is only #3. Faith, education and athletics somewhere down the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Education
2. Athletics
3. Faith

Wrong. You don't subject yourself to 4 years of Catholic discipline if faith is only #3. Faith, education and athletics somewhere down the list.

You are wrong! The kid don't make the decision, the parents do. I attended Catholic grammar school, high school, college and grad school. Faith is for the parents to feel better about paying. I never thought of faith as the first thing, initially it was location then sports and then cost for the degrees I wanted. Faith was lower than 3, sorry to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the tuition for Express this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Education
2. Athletics
3. Faith

You are wrong! The kid don't make the decision, the parents do. I attended Catholic grammar school, high school, college and grad school. Faith is for the parents to feel better about paying. I never thought of faith as the first thing, initially it was location then sports and then cost for the degrees I wanted. Faith was lower than 3, sorry to say.

What is Catholic discipline exactly? Tremendous corruption, sexual misfits, scare tactics? That's discipline? Give me a break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You would think that with drawing great talent from all corners of Nassau and even some Suffolk that Chaminade wouldn't be losing to small publics that only draw from a 2 mile radius like Yorktown. Somethin' aint right with that. And why are they ducking their next door neighbor GC?

How do you know it is not GC ducking Chaminade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Million Dollars!

Like Reply Quote
Page 92 of 144 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 143 144
Quick Reply