BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 175 of 327 1 2 173 174 175 176 177 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said...all about style of play

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking about CQ ...she is a defender. .not a mid..my opinion. .better on def

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. Both add a lot to a team. One has also been doing it against kids at the 2019 age and older and that is quite different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well said. Both add a lot to a team. One has also been doing it against kids at the 2019 age and older and that is quite different.

"Yes, YJ picked up a very good 2020 player. However, there is a current 2020 YJ player that is a fantastic player that may actually be better than the one you're getting. There are also at least 2 TG girls that match her in skill. She certainly won't hurt the YJ team but that team already has a bunch of talent."

Too funny , hey YJ get ready for this family, someone posts about a kid already on YJ and this new kids family member already thinks its about her. They will tell you about her lacrosse IQ until they are blue in the face. Have watched the kid already on your team is a much, much better team player, the one you are getting is a me first player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dad, no one knows which yellowjacket player you are talking about. You will have to clarify that

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dad, no one knows which yellowjacket player you are talking about. You will have to clarify that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What if any i formation does anyone have on The LI Wave? My daughtercwas just asked to play and I would like to know before YJ tryout. Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Dad, no one knows which yellowjacket player you are talking about. You will have to clarify that [/quote

Awesome reply from the new kids parent, do you really think the original poster would be YJ and compliment TG that much . YJ has several very good players and in my opinion has 1 who stands out . You being the insane parents of a kid transferring to YJ cannot accept she may not be the best player. Good luck YJ , TG looking at this as addition by subtraction .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Yes, YJ picked up a very good 2020 player. However, there is a current 2020 YJ player that is a fantastic player that may actually be better than the one you're getting. There are also at least 2 TG girls that match her in skill. She certainly won't hurt the YJ team but that team already has a bunch of talent."

Too funny , hey YJ get ready for this family, someone posts about a kid already on YJ and this new kids family member already thinks its about her. They will tell you about her lacrosse IQ until they are blue in the face. Have watched the kid already on your team is a much, much better team player, the one you are getting is a me first player.

What a jealous loser you are. You people are trying to make the transition to a new club awkward for these girls. Real stand up guy. Hey YJ, from another TG parent who's daughter played with this transfer, have no fear, great kid, great family, and great player. She will fit in nicely with your team which is already stacked with very good players.All you TG people hating on this kid , shame on you. You do realize that you are supposed to be adults, right? You never know, you may be in the same situation some day, how would you like some anonymous online loser taking shots at your daughter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true...the perspective from ROSE color glasses ...WB kid clearly best all around in 2015...EI kid is best Attacker..ESM goalie tie with SWR and St Ants mid is really a def...best position players on LI

Please remember that these are all opinions. No one is disparaging any of the girls being mentioned. Yes they all have their plusses and minuses. Some are better at draw controls, feeding, shooting etc.

The WB girl and Mt. Sinai girl are the most complete package players of the girls I have seen play at that age group. As midfielders, they play solid two way lacrosse, their speed, their shooting , passing puts them ahead of the rest.

The Manhasset girl is very good, just a tad below the other two (IMO). The MC girl was the top at that age about two years ago but some of the other girls have caught up to her and passed her as far as speed and Lax skills (again IMO).

The other TG, YJ Blue and Liberty (and a few Elevate girls) all "got game" as well. Good luck to them all!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true...the perspective from ROSE color glasses ...WB kid clearly best all around in 2015...EI kid is best Attacker..ESM goalie tie with SWR and St Ants mid is really a def...best position players on LI

Please remember that these are all opinions. No one is disparaging any of the girls being mentioned. Yes they all have their plusses and minuses. Some are better at draw controls, feeding, shooting etc.

The WB girl and Mt. Sinai girl are the most complete package players of the girls I have seen play at that age group. As midfielders, they play solid two way lacrosse, their speed, their shooting , passing puts them ahead of the rest.

The Manhasset girl is very good, just a tad below the other two (IMO). The MC girl was the top at that age about two years ago but some of the other girls have caught up to her and passed her as far as speed and Lax skills (again IMO).

The other TG, YJ Blue and Liberty (and a few Elevate girls) all "got game" as well. Good luck to them all!!!

In terms of stick skills and game sense WB is above the rest IMO by far. In terms of speed and aggression ( not in a bad way in terms of aggression) no one compares to MS kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WB girl has the whole package. She gets the job done, and done well, through great skill and no dirty tricks.

MS girl has great skill and I'd like her better as a player if she wasn't always trying to do something shady. For instance, when taking a penalty shot she turns her back to the ref to "tie her shoes" while simulaneously tightening her strings to make her stick legal. She's got enough skill so she doesn't have to resort to those maneuvers and yet she does. I don't respect that aspect. She's also refused to shake hands at the end of a game. That said, I think she'll do great at UF, I really do.

EI girl has a great shot and great crease skills. She likes to play with one other player who will feed her or vice versa, she doesn't always look to see who else is open. It will also be interesting to see how she does not playing for her father, who, let's face it, runs just about every offensive play through her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought I would have more dignity than to ever come and write on this blog. It’s bad enough I looked at the sight but when you hear your daughter has become a target for a disgruntled adult or a few adults, temptation becomes too great and you give in. But, we’re human and the last string of banter has put us over. I’m not registering but I don’t want to post anonymously. My daughter is a 2020 player that is trying out for YJ in a few weeks. When someone refers to her as the 2020 kid that played on TG 2019, you might as well put her name since there is only 1 kid that fits the description. For 99% of the YJ and TG families it is completely irrelevant what we do but to the 1% who seems to care, enough already. All your animosity is doing is drawing unwarranted attention to my daughter. Not just the person bashing but the person defending her. Please stop. You are feeding them! There are always people who do this whenever there is change. The right people get it and ignore it. There are so many good players and these girls are so young. It’s ridiculous to play them against each other who is better than who. They are all good and only together can they be great. Let them be. We have two older daughters playing competitive lacrosse so we know how this works. A few new dads of new young kids fight over who is the better team, better kid, better tattoo, better griller, better beer drinker. After 9th grade no one cares and the fighting begins with a new hot head dad coming into the new scene of travel lacrosse. I thought I could endure this stupidity until it blew over but I broke! For the record (and I know most of you don't care) but for the one who cares way too much, yes my daughter is trying out for YJ in a few weeks. She is hoping to make a new team, new friends, new teammates and CONTINUE with the great friendships she made at Top Guns. So are we. We hope the people at YJ will form their own opinion of us and our daughter. We hope she is a nice addition to any team she makes hopefully adds to the level of play that currently exists. I hope both YJ and TG lose a few games each so we can teach our girls to win with humility and lose without an excuse. You win some, you lose some. They are all good and will all find their way and grow in the process. Stop the bickering, the name calling and all the ugliness. I know there will be a string to follow this one poking at “the mom who posted this”. Let’s not dignify this site or this individual character or characters with any other posts on this subject.
JS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Presidents cup schedule out. 17 Blue and M&D 17 Black finally hook it up. Don't think they've played since the kids were 5th or 6th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought I would have more dignity than to ever come and write on this blog. It’s bad enough I looked at the sight but when you hear your daughter has become a target for a disgruntled adult or a few adults, temptation becomes too great and you give in. But, we’re human and the last string of banter has put us over. I’m not registering but I don’t want to post anonymously. My daughter is a 2020 player that is trying out for YJ in a few weeks. When someone refers to her as the 2020 kid that played on TG 2019, you might as well put her name since there is only 1 kid that fits the description. For 99% of the YJ and TG families it is completely irrelevant what we do but to the 1% who seems to care, enough already. All your animosity is doing is drawing unwarranted attention to my daughter. Not just the person bashing but the person defending her. Please stop. You are feeding them! There are always people who do this whenever there is change. The right people get it and ignore it. There are so many good players and these girls are so young. It’s ridiculous to play them against each other who is better than who. They are all good and only together can they be great. Let them be. We have two older daughters playing competitive lacrosse so we know how this works. A few new dads of new young kids fight over who is the better team, better kid, better tattoo, better griller, better beer drinker. After 9th grade no one cares and the fighting begins with a new hot head dad coming into the new scene of travel lacrosse. I thought I could endure this stupidity until it blew over but I broke! For the record (and I know most of you don't care) but for the one who cares way too much, yes my daughter is trying out for YJ in a few weeks. She is hoping to make a new team, new friends, new teammates and CONTINUE with the great friendships she made at Top Guns. So are we. We hope the people at YJ will form their own opinion of us and our daughter. We hope she is a nice addition to any team she makes hopefully adds to the level of play that currently exists. I hope both YJ and TG lose a few games each so we can teach our girls to win with humility and lose without an excuse. You win some, you lose some. They are all good and will all find their way and grow in the process. Stop the bickering, the name calling and all the ugliness. I know there will be a string to follow this one poking at “the mom who posted this”. Let’s not dignify this site or this individual character or characters with any other posts on this subject.
JS

YEAH YEAH YEAH, how about you earn your spot, instead of backroom deals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WB girl has the whole package. She gets the job done, and done well, through great skill and no dirty tricks.

MS girl has great skill and I'd like her better as a player if she wasn't always trying to do something shady. For instance, when taking a penalty shot she turns her back to the ref to "tie her shoes" while simulaneously tightening her strings to make her stick legal. She's got enough skill so she doesn't have to resort to those maneuvers and yet she does. I don't respect that aspect. She's also refused to shake hands at the end of a game. That said, I think she'll do great at UF, I really do.

EI girl has a great shot and great crease skills. She likes to play with one other player who will feed her or vice versa, she doesn't always look to see who else is open. It will also be interesting to see how she does not playing for her father, who, let's face it, runs just about every offensive play through her.

IMO I would say two best middies are from MS and WB and two best attackers from EI and MC. All bring something to table and for major part very talented and make players around them better. Not all are perfect but all are great at their positions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS

JS... tell us what is the reason behind leaving TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MS doesn't make any else better..may end up playing defense in college..
MC kid been over rated since 8th grade..good player, not elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much lacrosse do you watch?
Doesn't everyone run their offense through their best player?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much lacrosse do you watch?
Doesn't everyone run their offense through their best player?

Not when she's being double teamed or otherwise shutdown. Not when she can't adjust and still tries to force the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMO I would say two best middies are from MS and WB and two best attackers from EI and MC. All bring something to table and for major part very talented and make players around them better. Not all are perfect but all are great at their positions

One of those attack kids you talk about has no (zero) left hand , does not ride or get ground balls but is very good around the crease. Depends on what you look for in the best player but in my mind the best player should be very good at everything and great at some things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS

What you seem to be unable to grasp is that this is not a back room deal, it is being done in the open for all to see. That is because the player is going to be in the top 24 at YJ and has earned through her play to be on the top team. It is really time to get over it. Frankly, it is a favor to the kids on the border of making the top YJ team as they should clearly know the situation by now and can tryout elsewhere if they do not like their odds. Getting on the team in 4th grade does not mean you will be there in 11th, or in this case as a rising 8th grader. You earned or lost your spot based on your play, a two hour tryout with hundreds of kids to evaluate will not show the coaches anything new.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS

What you seem to be unable to grasp is that this is not a back room deal, it is being done in the open for all to see. That is because the player is going to be in the top 24 at YJ and has earned through her play to be on the top team. It is really time to get over it. Frankly, it is a favor to the kids on the border of making the top YJ team as they should clearly know the situation by now and can tryout elsewhere if they do not like their odds. Getting on the team in 4th grade does not mean you will be there in 11th, or in this case as a rising 8th grader. You earned or lost your spot based on your play, a two hour tryout with hundreds of kids to evaluate will not show the coaches anything new.

Not really interested in you making excuses, said family still needed to earn their spot on YJ, just like everyone else. No just because she's a good player. There are a lot of other good players that had to tryout and earn their YJ stripes not already put on the team and then told to appear at tryouts to not make other teammates parents angry.

We will never respect this family, don't care what you, mama or papa bear says.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS

Not really interested in you making excuses, said family still needed to earn their spot on YJ, just like everyone else. No just because she's a good player. There are a lot of other good players that had to tryout and earn their YJ stripes not already put on the team and then told to appear at tryouts to not make other teammates parents angry.

Not related to this family at all, but so far you have been the embarrassment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS

So if it is a open tryout every year, what if a top YJ player cannot attend the tryout, do you boot her from the program? The answer is simply no, her play has dictated her spot on the team. Works the same way for this kid and others throughout the years. I hope your daughter lands in a good place, ultimateky it is about her and I hope no one holds your bagage against her as you are doing to this 7th grader.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS

I'll take that, if it makes you feel better. Still doesn't change the situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LR did nothing at school girls...didn't know she was on the fields
How about last year when she played in the upper classman games in florida while S.A. was beating on girls 2 years younger, or at U-19, how about all last year, or at Adelphi when she lead her team to a County title? Oh thats right you weren't their because W.B. took an early first round exit while N.O and L.R(W.I) fought it out. Or how about at the L.I. championship where she scored 6 goals, or up at Cortland with another 5. But you right she's not that good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do any of you know that there are 2 other leagues besides suffolk? Best crease player bar none is K.B. (S.H.A), one of the best Mid is also from the catholics, I.M. is definitely better than the ones you mentioned. If you looked outside you small world you would see most of the best players are outside Suffolk. Just because they don't seek the glory, doesn't diminish there ability

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS

I'll take that, if it makes you feel better. Still doesn't change the situation.

With that attitude, hope it is you that get put down, which is probably the case and the reason for the childish sour grape attitude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS

JS... tell us what is the reason behind leaving TG
Yes, my daughter is on TG, I would like to know why you chose to switch programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nope wont be me, but I'll be laughing when it's you and you get back on here whining about how unfair it it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because the parents want her to be the best!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the parents of this young girl please go away. So we don't have to read this crap anymore.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The original discussion was about the rankings of the best players around. Like I said, let the arguing begin. The discussion was about individual players not top programs. Everyone knows that Manhasset is basically an all star team. They are one of the top programs every year. West Babylon is only known for having 1 or 2 special players every few years. Smith, Murray, and Esposito to name a few. Apuzzo is just as special. The difference between a player like SA as opposed to the other girls named is that she has very little help. Take her off that team and WB is poor. You cannot say the same about any of the other girls teams. Teams know they have to defend her and still can not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because the parents want her to be the best!

Or maybe since TG lost to YJ at Nationals this summer, they are bandwagoners and want to be aligned with the team that won. What are they going to do if YJ loses this year, run to Maryland next??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the parents of this young girl please go away. So we don't have to read this crap anymore.

Welcome to the loving yellow jackets family LOL. Your kid will be taking time and headlines away from my kid so you and your kid should go away! Should put that on the bumper sticker

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WB and EI kid are pretty much by themselves. ..LR plays on a loaded team. . What kind of players would they be in that program were they could not be face guarded , doubled and triple teamed. ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We left YJ because of the pompous attitude. And yes we tried our and yes my daughter made the top team. We gave the "donation" just to prove the point to her. Organization is nuts from top to bottom. My daughter will have no problem getting recruited no matter who she plays for. She will follow every member of her D1 recruited family, we are just not going to let YJ take the credit. Sick of seeing all the gossiping non-athletic overachieving parents bragging about their mediocre daughters!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WB and EI kid are pretty much by themselves. ..LR plays on a loaded team. . What kind of players would they be in that program were they could not be face guarded , doubled and triple teamed. ..

That's why it is a TEAM game!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do any of you know that there are 2 other leagues besides suffolk? Best crease player bar none is K.B. (S.H.A), one of the best Mid is also from the catholics, I.M. is definitely better than the ones you mentioned. If you looked outside you small world you would see most of the best players are outside Suffolk. Just because they don't seek the glory, doesn't diminish there ability

Stop it, please. Your kid plays for the Catholics...gotcha....

Like Reply Quote
Page 175 of 327 1 2 173 174 175 176 177 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard