BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 136 of 220 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Gotogoal
I can understand your animosity towards BS but to lump SS into this is just nuts. The girl has been a class act since high school. She never bad mouths anyone. She is respectful and courteous to all parents and players. She's more mature than most of the parents on this thread. You should hope your daughter carries herself as well as she has. I am not a Smith or friend of the Smiths if that is the retort to this post.

The story I was told is SS as an alumni of the YJ program sought

out the guidance of CR on how to set-up a program (not locally as a competitor) but elsewhere in the country. After a brain dump from CR, TG opened up shop down the street. I believe that is at least partially why some of the YJ faithful have a distain for TG and their owners.

Same story I heard as well...

Well..that settles it then if you two heard it then it must be true ..

Who cares how it started. The facts are SS started a club as a college student and in five years has all of YJ nation worried that her teams will start to beat them.

So what if SS Started her own club? Isn't this what everyone should aspire to do? Learn something, become good at it and make a living doing it? How long was YJ expected to be the monopoly of lacrosse on Long Island? Come on guys 1000 girls isn't enough? Plenty of girls and money for everyone. Anyone can go and start a Lax club, not as hard as it may look people.

It has how it was done, no integrity if your former coach gives you the business model under the false pretense that you will not be a local competitor and then you open shop down the street.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the poster is a POS like he stated the other poster was how's that for an opinion. And, I think he is the root of all evil for his daughters team. Because pretty much think I know who he is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
white teams don't perform as well. That's seriously what you said. I know of at least 20 white players in all age groups that are better than black and purple teams on any given day. It's about how much money you have and WHO you know and dont deny it because if you do your just as ignorant. How dare you insult the girls on the white teams. Who are you?????

Not a TG parent but will tell you that my daughters team played a TG White team last year and they were just horrific. I would think they would have trouble filling those teams with any kind of talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you my friend will be getting a response from the man himself. You have to answer to god. You lowlife worthless piece of crap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
white teams don't perform as well. That's seriously what you said. I know of at least 20 white players in all age groups that are better than black and purple teams on any given day. It's about how much money you have and WHO you know and dont deny it because if you do your just as ignorant. How dare you insult the girls on the white teams. Who are you?????

I don't think poster was insulting the girls, I think what they are saying is some white teams (whole team) not individual player was cut, because team was not performing. Sometimes you have to let go of the entire pack and rebuild to get better. Unfortunate sometimes but this is still a business FIRST and FOREMOST and if it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make cents.

The white team folding in the 2017 age group happened because many of the parents/kids thought they had better opportunities trying to make other programs B teams so they said no to the White team invite. TG can not field a team with the 12 or so girls that said yes. In my opinion TG did the right thing by disbanding the White Team and letting those girls have enough time to find a program that will work for them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like your a coward. haha thats what they all say about you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a TG parent but will tell you that my daughters team played a TG White team last year and they were just horrific. I would think they would have trouble filling those teams with any kind of talent.

And that's why they team got cut.. Thanks for being honest, not sure what's so hard for some of the parents to understand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, where's the big shot. Said what he wanted to insult people then went to the couch to watch tv and woof down his breakfast. He sure is a coward. If you can reveal his name, I would be forever greatful. I will make sure that his daughter never steps foot on the field again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think poster was insulting the girls, I think what they are saying is some white teams (whole team) not individual player was cut, because team was not performing. Sometimes you have to let go of the entire pack and rebuild to get better. Unfortunate sometimes but this is still a business FIRST and FOREMOST and if it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make cents.

The white team folding in the 2017 age group happened because many of the parents/kids thought they had better opportunities trying to make other programs B teams so they said no to the White team invite. TG can not field a team with the 12 or so girls that said yes. In my opinion TG did the right thing by disbanding the White Team and letting those girls have enough time to find a program that will work for them.

Exactly!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well thats a terrible thing to say but ok. Hope your daughter is better what year was that white team. Just so happen to be trolling through tp thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope your daughter has stepped up to the plate this year because I heard we have some of the BEST players on Top Guns now since we got rid of the "white teams". Real great talent out there. Hofstra here they come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
which white team did you play last year that was horrific. We want to make your game this year more enjoyable and competative. We at Top Guns aim to please. I think it was the big mouth from TG that posted this hence no response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can tell you who he is I just inboxed you on facebook. Nice working with you to get rid of this problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for all documentation needed it's been a pleasure working with you once again. We got the trouble maker red handed. Will be handled appropriately. Have a great day all Top Guns parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
on no someones's in trouble. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for all documentation needed it's been a pleasure working with you once again. We got the trouble maker red handed. Will be handled appropriately. Have a great day all Top Guns parents

I am sorry but what are you guys talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this thread confuses me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
on no someones's in trouble. lol

Lol, lol there are some real loony's on this TG forum..lol

Too much time on their hands..lol

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ah yes, SS picks her coach's brain about a club and starts her own right down the block. How ingenious! No one has ever done that before in any business. Why would anyone think she would start a club anywhere but her hometown? She was still a college student when she started this with her dad. It's a no brainer. I'm sure both posters had "reliable sources" for their information. I'm pretty sure West Babylon isn't as close to Northport as many might think. Elevate, Team 91 and Beach Bums are closer. I wonder if they stole trade secrets as well? YJ can only benefit from having another competitive club around. It keeps them from getting complacent without competition. TG is not on the same level as YJ yet. It may or may not ever get to that level. Only time will tell. I think my grammar is correct as well. Maybe someone will grade this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah yes, SS picks her coach's brain about a club and starts her own right down the block. How ingenious! No one has ever done that before in any business. Why would anyone think she would start a club anywhere but her hometown? She was still a college student when she started this with her dad. It's a no brainer. I'm sure both posters had "reliable sources" for their information. I'm pretty sure West Babylon isn't as close to Northport as many might think. Elevate, Team 91 and Beach Bums are closer. I wonder if they stole trade secrets as well? YJ can only benefit from having another competitive club around. It keeps them from getting complacent without competition. TG is not on the same level as YJ yet. It may or may not ever get to that level. Only time will tell. I think my grammar is correct as well. Maybe someone will grade this?

I heard the same story about Danielle Gallagher and Liberty too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The thing is if you take someone under your wing and are led to believe they are a loyal friend and they open up shop right down the road then yes seems scummy. Again not the end of the world. If someone uses their position within a business to acquire Email lists etc. to try and build their own business I think again its a scummy move, these things happen in many places from law offices to a dance studio. It does not make it right.No one but Shannon and Carol know what their relationship was or what was discussed between the two but one can understand why there would be some animosity between them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The thing is if you take someone under your wing and are led to believe they are a loyal friend and they open up shop right down the road then yes seems scummy. Again not the end of the world. If someone uses their position within a business to acquire Email lists etc. to try and build their own business I think again its a scummy move, these things happen in many places from law offices to a dance studio. It does not make it right.No one but Shannon and Carol know what their relationship was or what was discussed between the two but one can understand why there would be some animosity between them.

There are three versions to every story, pick the one that you like

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are you tough guy. Stop hiding behind your wife you POS

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Loyal friend? She was a paying customer just like everyone else. It just so happens that she was CR's most successful student. Could she really expect that girl to come into the fold after she graduated and become a coach there? SS probably had higher expectations for herself after college. As for opening a club in her own backyard, WB is on the south shore. Northport is north shore. Plenty of room for both. Girls will choose either club based on what is best for them. Very simple

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know what he meant unless the POS is you or your wife. Looks like a duck walks like a duck it's a duck my man

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This guy actually believes you can play on a travel team, become a great player and coach, decide to make a career and living doing what you love (create a travel team) but WAIT A MINUTE! I can't do that. It might compete with an old coach of mine. Seriously? Really man? Are you 13? You sound like a teenage girl! You really sound like an idiot. THAT IS LIFE! That's what makes people have to work harder. This is something we want to happen you moron.Since when is a monopoly good? The angry gremlin who is whining must not be successful. Shut up and count your own money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope your daughter gets bumped down because of a yellow jacket. You ignoramus

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you shut your mouth your the one entertaining the "13" year old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This guy actually believes you can play on a travel team, become a great player and coach, decide to make a career and living doing what you love (create a travel team) but WAIT A MINUTE! I can't do that. It might compete with an old coach of mine. Seriously? Really man? Are you 13? You sound like a teenage girl! You really sound like an idiot. THAT IS LIFE! That's what makes people have to work harder. This is something we want to happen you moron.Since when is a monopoly good? The angry gremlin who is whining must not be successful. Shut up and count your own money.

You are missing the actual point. It was asked why folks have a problem with BS and SS. I simply put forward what was said to me by folks that have been with YJ a long time. It may not be entirely correct but if you sit down with CR and learn about standing up a club and indicate you were not going to do it on LI, than your rant above is ridiculous. You can believe it or not, but if true than it was low class and zero integrity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The first thing you have to remember is that D.G. was to woman's lacrosse 20 years ago that S.S. is today. After a successful college career, D.G. went to be an assistant coach at the college level, and a very successful post collegiate career for the U.S. National team. She is also a Manhasset native the same as C.R. but to think that C.R. has the only rite to run a travel club within one of the lacrosse hotbeds on the planet is absurd. Each club, like each director, have different personalities. Not everyone will fit into any of them. Be happy with the one you chose, and respectful of the directors and girls that play for the others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the yellow jacket is better than her than she will have to learn that there is always someone better and you need to work harder if you want it. Wow! Is that crazy or what? PARENTING 101

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The first thing you have to remember is that D.G. was to woman's lacrosse 20 years ago that S.S. is today. After a successful college career, D.G. went to be an assistant coach at the college level, and a very successful post collegiate career for the U.S. National team. She is also a Manhasset native the same as C.R. but to think that C.R. has the only rite to run a travel club within one of the lacrosse hotbeds on the planet is absurd. Each club, like each director, have different personalities. Not everyone will fit into any of them. Be happy with the one you chose, and respectful of the directors and girls that play for the others.

Folks, it was never stated she had a right to a monopoly, read the original post for $*&^# sake!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The original post was about the animosity towards BS and SS. Yellow Jackets faithful have no right to show disdain for SS being that she was gone before most of the paying customers even tried out for YJ. They hate her because they are told to hate her and everything TG. Maybe with SL leaving and starting a Legacy girls program, the TG faithful will start to hate him and everything associated with that program? Why can't we all just get along?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We do not play for TG but I hope my daughters accomplish half of what Shannon Smith has at such a young age. Most college graduates her age are smoking weed and livng in their parents basements complaining how the economy is terrible and they can not find a job. When you look at everything she has done in her life so far it is hard to not be impressed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The original post was about the animosity towards BS and SS. Yellow Jackets faithful have no right to show disdain for SS being that she was gone before most of the paying customers even tried out for YJ. They hate her because they are told to hate her and everything TG. Maybe with SL leaving and starting a Legacy girls program, the TG faithful will start to hate him and everything associated with that program? Why can't we all just get along?!

AS a TG Parent hated to see Steve go wish him and Legacy best of Luck as far as I know it is still a Free economy in the US. Just wondering if TG had an opportunity to keep him,they should have given it a hard look IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just such an ignorant statement. Most YJ do not hate SS and never have. Most YJ respect her and know she may very well be the best player Long Island has ever had. That being said many YJ consider CR to be a friend and do consider SS to have at a minimum done something a little untrustworthy. I see a lot more animosity directed at CR and the YJs from TG then the other way around. BS being such a blowhard does not help your cause.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just such an ignorant statement. Most YJ do not hate SS and never have. Most YJ respect her and know she may very well be the best player Long Island has ever had. That being said many YJ consider CR to be a friend and do consider SS to have at a minimum done something a little untrustworthy. I see a lot more animosity directed at CR and the YJs from TG then the other way around. BS being such a blowhard does not help your cause.

if only you knew the things said by yj and cr you would think differently

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO ONE CARES!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if only you knew the things said by yj and cr you would think differently

please enlighten us, have had a kid play YJ for 5 years and honestly have never heard a YJ player , coach, or parent say anything negative about SS. Have heard and witnessed plenty negative about BS.

Like Reply Quote
Page 136 of 220 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard