BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,584
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 172 of 327 1 2 170 171 172 173 174 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would like to pose this question to Carol Rose (in an admittedly cowardly anonymous fashion):

Now that I nderstand your loyalties to legacies, how do you explain preference for outsiders over kids on your second and third teams who have been working hard for years to get a shot at making your top team?

When you put a new outside player's name on a fall tournament roster before tryouts have even taken place, it just reeks. Maybe you thought that choosing a tournament that occurred AFTER tryouts would fool us (ie. T3 and Lax for the Cure)?

We may be silly enough to keep coming back year after year, but we are NOT fools.

You hit the nail on the head - you're silly enough to keep coming back year after year. She's NOT a fool either, so she knows that.

My goodness people, go back, reread the last 2 or 3 pages or so, and ask yourself why do you keep coming back for this treatment? Does your daughter really love it that much? Do you morally agree with what takes place? If your daughter knew all of these backwards going ons, how would you explain that it's ok to allow someone to take advantage of you this way? I couldn't let someone walk all over me like that...

We love the YJ, has been fantastic from the girls, to the parents, as well as Tracy and Carol. You can leave anytime you want, you stay for a variety of reasons but mostly because the other options have similar problems and the grass in this case is certainly not greener.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see they listed Coaches for 2019 and there is no Bert

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to pose this question to Carol Rose (in an admittedly cowardly anonymous fashion):

Now that I nderstand your loyalties to legacies, how do you explain preference for outsiders over kids on your second and third teams who have been working hard for years to get a shot at making your top team?

When you put a new outside player's name on a fall tournament roster before tryouts have even taken place, it just reeks. Maybe you thought that choosing a tournament that occurred AFTER tryouts would fool us (ie. T3 and Lax for the Cure)?

We may be silly enough to keep coming back year after year, but we are NOT fools.

You hit the nail on the head - you're silly enough to keep coming back year after year. She's NOT a fool either, so she knows that.

My goodness people, go back, reread the last 2 or 3 pages or so, and ask yourself why do you keep coming back for this treatment? Does your daughter really love it that much? Do you morally agree with what takes place? If your daughter knew all of these backwards going ons, how would you explain that it's ok to allow someone to take advantage of you this way? I couldn't let someone walk all over me like that...

We love the YJ, has been fantastic from the girls, to the parents, as well as Tracy and Carol. You can leave anytime you want, you stay for a variety of reasons but mostly because the other options have similar problems and the grass in this case is certainly not greener.

Signed F&F

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see they listed Coaches for 2019 and there is no Bert

There is a reason he is not there and it has nothing to do with him not being involved with the YJ. Those who need to know, know why and there isn't a conspiracy. We all wish him the best and he will be back as soon as he is able.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop drinking the YJ cool aid...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wasn't saying there was a conspiracy.....Just was looking to see if anyone knew why he wasn't involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop drinking the YJ cool aid...

What are you babbling about ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Coach Rose you got this one wrong; two of my daughters have been involved with the YJ program over many years one who is already playing at a high end one school (a YJ alum) and another who has verbally committed to a another high end D1 school. My opinion and experience through the YJ process over the years is that a lot not all of the parents from the second and third teams respectively believe that their children belong on the top blue team (again it's a matter of their opinion) you (CR) and your staff have always been the deciding factor and for the most part are a pretty accurate judge of talent and ability. Now having said that if you believe that the two girls being placed on the 2020 Curcio team belong why not let them attend the tryout and then judge are you afraid they will re-up with TG. Why the daddy coach with zero back round in girls lacrosse? The only thing you have accomplished is you have undermined the 2020 Curcio coaching staff as well as the 2020 Jones staff as well as putting the new daddy assistant (Mr. K) and his back door deals in a position where he will garner NO RESPECT and put his daughter in an awkward position with her potential new team mates, all because you forgot why you (CR) started this great program. The appearance is that you have an agenda in beating down a rival BUSINESS regardless of the children and continue to line your pockets; of which a lot of that money is from the families that have been loyal to you and your organization for years. CR you are not the only one to blame everyone is free to go from organization to organization but they all would assume that their children would be trying out on even playing field no matter where that may be. I don't live with my head in the sand for all you naysayers politics may have gotten a child a closer look in the past but this really trumps all by a mile. Sleep well CR, dirty business and children don't mix well and for you Mr. K what are you teaching your children you should be ashamed of yourself, if your children have the ability they will end up on the proper ability based team you, good luck looking in the mirror and facing the parents on your new team.
Sincerely,
One Sad Bee

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Coach Rose you got this one wrong; two of my daughters have been involved with the YJ program over many years one who is already playing at a high end one school (a YJ alum) and another who has verbally committed to a another high end D1 school. My opinion and experience through the YJ process over the years is that a lot not all of the parents from the second and third teams respectively believe that their children belong on the top blue team (again it's a matter of their opinion) you (CR) and your staff have always been the deciding factor and for the most part are a pretty accurate judge of talent and ability. Now having said that if you believe that the two girls being placed on the 2020 Curcio team belong why not let them attend the tryout and then judge are you afraid they will re-up with TG. Why the daddy coach with zero back round in girls lacrosse? The only thing you have accomplished is you have undermined the 2020 Curcio coaching staff as well as the 2020 Jones staff as well as putting the new daddy assistant (Mr. K) and his back door deals in a position where he will garner NO RESPECT and put his daughter in an awkward position with her potential new team mates, all because you forgot why you (CR) started this great program. The appearance is that you have an agenda in beating down a rival BUSINESS regardless of the children and continue to line your pockets; of which a lot of that money is from the families that have been loyal to you and your organization for years. CR you are not the only one to blame everyone is free to go from organization to organization but they all would assume that their children would be trying out on even playing field no matter where that may be. I don't live with my head in the sand for all you naysayers politics may have gotten a child a closer look in the past but this really trumps all by a mile. Sleep well CR, dirty business and children don't mix well and for you Mr. K what are you teaching your children you should be ashamed of yourself, if your children have the ability they will end up on the proper ability based team you, good luck looking in the mirror and facing the parents on your new team.
Sincerely,
One Sad Bee

I too was thinking about how these 2 new 2020 girls will be received by the current YJ 2020 girls and their families. I actually feel bad that they have been put in this position, seems the easier thing would have been to go through the try out procedure like everyone else, and then put them on Curcio, if that was the deal. Sadly now no matter how talented these 2 girls (and older sibling) may be, they will never get the respect they may deserve. It will just look like another YJ F&F deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are dead on, YJ girls have been busting their butts working hard and some will get dropped for outside girls just showing up because of a back room deal that undermines all that is good with a true tryout format. I feel bad for the girls who will get dropped for this arrangement who are not deserving of this. And BYW my daughter plays on a top older YJ top team. I have no skin in this. Just shows what's wrong when you mix business with sports.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I would like to pose this question to Carol Rose (in an admittedly cowardly anonymous fashion):

Sincerely,
One Sad Bee

I too was thinking about how these 2 new 2020 girls will be received by the current YJ 2020 girls and their families. I actually feel bad that they have been put in this position, seems the easier thing would have been to go through the try out procedure like everyone else, and then put them on Curcio, if that was the deal. Sadly now no matter how talented these 2 girls (and older sibling) may be, they will never get the respect they may deserve. It will just look like another YJ F&F deal. [/quo

Both of you grow up.Kids have been placed on YJ blue many times in the past without having gone thru a tryout and were accepted readily by their new teammates.Would be willing to bet these kids will be at tryouts so why not let them play in fall tournaments .Coaching wise ,so what new assistant coaches are brought in all the time.I find it pathetic you are so outraged by the conduct of CR yet are too terrified to get on the phone and give her a call.If you think Curcio or CR herself have never watched these kids play then you are just ignorant.If these kids do end up on Curcio they are not replacing any of who the coaches believe to be the top 20 players .Every year kids are placed on the Blue team in the fall tournaments that were not there before so why now with the nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sincerely,
One Sad Bee

Oh good another drama queen, now go back to your TG team , loser.If you had a kid who actually went thru YJ you would know every year kids get placed on YJ blue for fall tournaments.Now go take a pamprin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sincerely,
One Sad Bee

I too was thinking about how these 2 new 2020 girls will be received by the current YJ 2020 girls and their families. I actually feel bad that they have been put in this position, seems the easier thing would have been to go through the try out procedure like everyone else, and then put them on Curcio, if that was the deal. Sadly now no matter how talented these 2 girls (and older sibling) may be, they will never get the respect they may deserve. It will just look like another YJ F&F deal.

From the Yellow Jackets PR Department - Thank you for your interest in Long Island's only year round elite club where we never make any cuts. Unfortunatly we can not properly respond to your note because it's our off season when we direct all our Fall teams to tournaments that we run with no YJ discount on the weekends and then we count the truckloads of money we collect weekdays. It all has to counted before we have to start counting the tryout money. As you can see we are very, very busy. We hope to see you at tryouts but as you know the rosters are set before hand. If you do come to tryouts, make sure to bring a ball!
Thank you for your interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sincerely,
One Sad Bee

A girl on our team - which was considered to be the 2nd team left last year for another program. That kid is now committed to a top Ivy League School. For 2 years she was told she was going to be put on the blue team along with a few of our other girls. Well it never happened. The other girl left and went on to great success. I like a fool stayed and my daughter is still on the 2nd team. I made a mistake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Fall tournaments - ALL PLAYERS ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE THROUGH DECEMBER IF YOU PLAYED YJ IN THE SUMMER OF 2014 stated under the YJ web site. I guess it doesn't apply to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I would like to pose this question to Carol Rose (in an admittedly cowardly anonymous fashion):

Sincerely,
One Sad Bee

I too was thinking about how these 2 new 2020 girls will be received by the current YJ 2020 girls and their families. I actually feel bad that they have been put in this position, seems the easier thing would have been to go through the try out procedure like everyone else, and then put them on Curcio, if that was the deal. Sadly now no matter how talented these 2 girls (and older sibling) may be, they will never get the respect they may deserve. It will just look like another YJ F&F deal. [/quo

Both of you grow up.Kids have been placed on YJ blue many times in the past without having gone thru a tryout and were accepted readily by their new teammates.Would be willing to bet these kids will be at tryouts so why not let them play in fall tournaments .Coaching wise ,so what new assistant coaches are brought in all the time.I find it pathetic you are so outraged by the conduct of CR yet are too terrified to get on the phone and give her a call.If you think Curcio or CR herself have never watched these kids play then you are just ignorant.If these kids do end up on Curcio they are not replacing any of who the coaches believe to be the top 20 players .Every year kids are placed on the Blue team in the fall tournaments that were not there before so why now with the nonsense.

People WON'T speak up because they are afraid of the Queen Bee and how she may blackball their kid. If this was not the case then why wouldn't more Northport kids play for another travel program. The problem is they can not because they will be blackballed. Remember the slogan - Fear the Bee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sincerely,
One Sad Bee

RE: 2020, yes placed on blue team from another YJ team...not an outside team. You and pamprin gonna counter this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sincerely,
One Sad Bee

Oh good another drama queen, now go back to your TG team , loser.If you had a kid who actually went thru YJ you would know every year kids get placed on YJ blue for fall tournaments.Now go take a pamprin.

Typical [lacrosse] response.... The guy hit it on the head.... 100% accurate and heartfelt. Ashamed to share a sideline with you dirty Water's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sincerely,
One Sad Bee

From the Yellow Jackets PR Department - Thank you for your interest in Long Island's only year round elite club where we never make any cuts. Unfortunatly we can not properly respond to your note because it's our off season when we direct all our Fall teams to tournaments that we run with no YJ discount on the weekends and then we count the truckloads of money we collect weekdays. It all has to counted before we have to start counting the tryout money. As you can see we are very, very busy. We hope to see you at tryouts but as you know the rosters are set before hand. If you do come to tryouts, make sure to bring a ball!
Thank you for your interest.

Happy to pay for what has been a great experience. The only difference between YJ and the other programs is they can have it both ways, generally one of the best teams nationally in each age group and the demand for 4-5 teams per age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are dead on, YJ girls have been busting their butts working hard and some will get dropped for outside girls just showing up because of a back room deal that undermines all that is good with a true tryout format. I feel bad for the girls who will get dropped for this arrangement who are not deserving of this. And BYW my daughter plays on a top older YJ top team. I have no skin in this. Just shows what's wrong when you mix business with sports.

You tryout everytime you step on the field. There are always a few players that are tweeners on every team. YJ have seen their players for years so they know who could be moved. There are dozens of girls around LI and the surrounding areas that are better than those girls and if they expressed interest in moving to the YJ it is easy to make it happen. The Blue team is not given to you at birth nor is it earned through sweat equity. I have watched Curcio's team and there is certainly room to upgrade the talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about giving the Jones girls an opportunity to have the two spots bargained away from them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You tryout everytime you step on the field. There are always a few players that are tweeners on every team. YJ have seen their players for years so they know who could be moved. There are dozens of girls around LI and the surrounding areas that are better than those girls and if they expressed interest in moving to the YJ it is easy to make it happen. The Blue team is not given to you at birth nor is it earned through sweat equity. I have watched Curcio's team and there is certainly room to upgrade the talent.

Jacka$$ a tryout! The guy made a deal with Rose! What part of that are you missing, he is just as much at fault, let him take his daughter to the tryout and see what happens. He does not need to coach there is plenty of qualified people on the side line already, he brings nothing to the table.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only reason he is at YJ is because CR didn't want to loose to his Lady Rebel Team in the 2019 age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jacka$$ a tryout! The guy made a deal with Rose! What part of that are you missing, he is just as much at fault, let him take his daughter to the tryout and see what happens. He does not need to coach there is plenty of qualified people on the side line already, he brings nothing to the table.

That is where you are wrong, CR and Curcio have seen those kids play including his older daughter .He brings his kids to the table and apparently in CR mind that is a good thing. Its so pathetic you want them to wait until the tryout ,then you would say they had a deal in place so the tryout was a farce, they make it transparent to all and you claim its an under the table deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"RE: 2020, yes placed on blue team from another YJ team...not an outside team. You and pamprin gonna counter this?"

Wrong again , at least have some idea of what you are talking about , have had kids placed on blue from other clubs in the middle of the summer season many times. Those girls were accepted by both the parents and the kids.Again why come onto these sites and post things that are just completely ignorant.Apparently a pamprin overdose results in delusions and posting false statements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about giving the Jones girls an opportunity to have the two spots bargained away from them?

They have had their chance and for whatever reason were not picked. Plus several of Jones team have abandoned ship and gone to Legacy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do all you people think these 2020 kids don't have to try out? I'm friends with the parents of one of these kids and asked the. Straight out what their plans were. They said she is hoping to make YJ and that they were going to tryouts! Also said they were excited she was asked to play with the team for a fall tournament. Would you try a little harder to get facts before you spew your venom. You obviously know who these people are... How about asking them yourselves and get over this!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only reason he is at YJ is because CR didn't want to loose to his Lady Rebel Team in the 2019 age group.

Again another moron , Lady Rebels has been a combo of YJ and TG kids since its inception.How does a couple kids from that team changing clubs change anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do all you people think these 2020 kids don't have to try out? I'm friends with the parents of one of these kids and asked the. Straight out what their plans were. They said she is hoping to make YJ and that they were going to tryouts! Also said they were excited she was asked to play with the team for a fall tournament. Would you try a little harder to get facts before you spew your venom. You obviously know who these people are... How about asking them yourselves and get over this!

Are you out of your mind , actually have a conversation with people and no longer stay lurking in the shadows of anonymity .These people are either TG that are just furious that some of their better players left or YJ who fear their kid will now get moved down or not moved up. I get it but in the end it works out for the most part , if these new kids cannot hold their own they will get moved down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

REALLY FAIR QUESTION. How about rewarding your own after they do everything you ask? They have helped put the addition your house and pay for your winter cruise. See this is where she takes advantage because she knows the kool aid drinkers with the bee stickers on their cars aren't leaving so she doesn't need to reward the Jones girls she would rather steal from TG. In this age group the parents wear more YJ apparel than the kids and she knows it!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you out of your mind , actually have a conversation with people and no longer stay lurking in the shadows of anonymity .These people are either TG that are just furious that some of their better players left or YJ who fear their kid will now get moved down or not moved up. I get it but in the end it works out for the most part , if these new kids cannot hold their own they will get moved down.

Yes I'm afraid my kid will be moved down, happy now? We do everything the team, coach and YJ's ask and my daughter might get bumped for a hand picked no tryout girl from a competitors club. I don't have a right to angry if she is moved down? Now go ahead tell me my daughter can't keep up which is nonsense. This whole thing stinks plain and simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I'm afraid my kid will be moved down, happy now? We do everything the team, coach and YJ's ask and my daughter might get bumped for a hand picked no tryout girl from a competitors club. I don't have a right to angry if she is moved down? Now go ahead tell me my daughter can't keep up which is nonsense. This whole thing stinks plain and simple.

Would it make it any easier if these kids showed up to tryout and your kid was moved down? Why do you think your kid is one that might get moved down? If the answer is you think the coaches feel she is in the bottom 5 on the team( not saying she is just saying in the coaches opinion) then why would you want to be on that team anyway? I get the fact that your daughter would be sad if moved down but it is a teachable moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's more than two spots, there are more coming. 2019 should have 3-4 new faces as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And maybe the "jones" girl has already showed what she can do, has proven herself already, they have seen her play for years, they know her and they would like to see the new kid they are interested in. My god. You are out of your mind and can't even see beyond your own warped thinking! And we know we know we Know for sure, You will have something to say. So, have the last word. We all know your mad. We get it. When your done ripping this apart can we Move on? He's mad everyone. Very mad. Thinks it's unfair. Can we talk about something else. Maybe something productive. Most if us are sick of hearing about this!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And maybe the "jones" girl has already showed what she can do, has proven herself already, they have seen her play for years, they know her and they would like to see the new kid they are interested in. My god. You are out of your mind and can't even see beyond your own warped thinking! And we know we know we Know for sure, You will have something to say. So, have the last word. We all know your mad. We get it. When your done ripping this apart can we Move on? He's mad everyone. Very mad. Thinks it's unfair. Can we talk about something else. Maybe something productive. Most if us are sick of hearing about this!

Really. Seems like you made a bigger deal out of it then the other posters. Out of all that crap spewed you focus on 3 snippets about Jones girls. You are a toolbag. You must have issues with some Jones kids for some reason. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The intelligent people understood the bigger picture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The intelligent people know a toolbag when they read what one says also. Toolbag!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's an inevitable domino effect, Jones kids will be moved down also and the next team, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly! We finally agree on something!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would it make it any easier if these kids showed up to tryout and your kid was moved down? Why do you think your kid is one that might get moved down? If the answer is you think the coaches feel she is in the bottom 5 on the team( not saying she is just saying in the coaches opinion) then why would you want to be on that team anyway? I get the fact that your daughter would be sad if moved down but it is a teachable moment.

I wish they'd get some new 2021 girls. Our team has too many weak links.

Like Reply Quote
Page 172 of 327 1 2 170 171 172 173 174 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard