BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 89 of 144 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think Team 3 isn't even on the radar...We got Team 2 but will prob take a pass..

Anyone ever figure out what team 2 means?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Team 3 isn't even on the radar...We got Team 2 but will prob take a pass..

Anyone ever figure out what team 2 means?

Yes , it means no attention will be paid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did this poster just say that kids choose St A's over Chaminade because of the better education?? That is such a ridiculous comment. The test scores required to get into Chaminade are significantly higher than the scores for St A's. St A's is a great school but this poster has absolutely NO Idea of the truth.

sar·casm
noun \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\

: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny
Full Definition of SARCASM
: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well there is another reason for St. A's to be actively soliciting wealthy Asian exchange students--they pay double--which should help address the fiscal predicatment our Franciscan brothers have gotten us into due to over expansion and unfufilled pledges froma few years back-both large and small. At least they realize the academic infrastructure and resources need to catch up to the athletic.

And they are putting $$ into acdemics - Intel Program and new labs are just 2 examples.

My public has had INTEL for 14 years already, sheesh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A baby sitter of ours sttends St. A's but dates a Chaminade guy. I asked to describe the difference between the kids she goes to school with and the people she hangs around with from her boyfriends school and her response was (for what its worth) was that the Chaminade guys were more "clean cut" and the St. A's guys more "guido".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade/Kellenberg are almost completely electronic at this point. text books are rare, its all ipads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guidos on long island? No way come on man. there aint no guidos on lawn guyland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gee thanks that was a BIG help. Now I can decide where to send my kid. Whew!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A baby sitter of ours sttends St. A's but dates a Chaminade guy. I asked to describe the difference between the kids she goes to school with and the people she hangs around with from her boyfriends school and her response was (for what its worth) was that the Chaminade guys were more "clean cut" and the St. A's guys more "guido".

Could it be demographics. This is not an attempt to insult but an observation. One is an all boys school the other isnt. One attracts mainly from north shore nassau county the other suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade/Kellenberg are almost completely electronic at this point. text books are rare, its all ipads.

And you don't think that is happening at public schools? Burry your head some more!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the guy that fixes my car is a St. A's grad and I think he is the best!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are into bling, baggy jean look, hair gel, the color black and muscle tee's--you can't go wrong at St. A's. Would definitely be a good fit for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could it be demographics. This is not an attempt to insult but an observation. One is an all boys school the other isnt. One attracts mainly from north shore nassau county the other suffolk.

More Low- Brows out east

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thinly veiled racist remark about Italian-Americans? Is that what they teach over there at Chaminade? I guess when you send your kids to school in such a homogeneous environment, that's what they learn. At least your sitter found a kid at Chaminade that likes girls. In this day and age, your son can't go to school with female students? No adjustment, or awkwardness when they go college after four years of that? Right? Perfectly normal...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really???? Look at your conversation on a lax thread. How about some lax talk. Like Express teams at these years 2023, 2022, 2020, 2018 & 2017, will either be 1 or 2 in their respective age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really???? Look at your conversation on a lax thread. How about some lax talk. Like Express teams at these years 2023, 2022, 2020, 2018 & 2017, will either be 1 or 2 in their respective age group.

What about 2021?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other than 2017. 2nd

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thinly veiled racist remark about Italian-Americans? Is that what they teach over there at Chaminade? I guess when you send your kids to school in such a homogeneous environment, that's what they learn. At least your sitter found a kid at Chaminade that likes girls. In this day and age, your son can't go to school with female students? No adjustment, or awkwardness when they go college after four years of that? Right? Perfectly normal...
Wow, you are dumb

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, you are dumb

I think we should poll all babysitters and create a thread for them. I don't think this one racist babysitter is a big enough group to give any real feedback. This sound like important discussions you and your babysitter are having about her boyfriend. As long as she (or her parents) doesnt think it's creepy, keep the feedback Coming !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New addition to express my son attended 2 practices so far for 2021 cudas team, coaches run a steady productive practice and from the looks of the talent seems like this team was well chosen .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats hilarious - because it's true! And the guy who fixes my toilet when it backs up kid plays for 91!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. A's -- great sports, POOR academics. I know a number of parents that teach there who say they'd never send their kids there. Their latest ploy to improve their test scores and academic rankings is a massive push for foreirgn exchange students. I wonder if the foreigners will know that they pray in a three point stance there... Unless you are in a very weak public district, you are better off staying there.

As the parent of a St Antony's alumni who DID NOT PLAY SPORTS THERE. I have to say, you have no idea what you're talking about! The academics are rigorous, challenging, up to date and on target for helping the students attend great schools.

We live in one of the best districts on long island and chose to send our child there. Our child received a top notch education and was enriched by the multicultural, multiracial demographic of the student population.

Going there is about the whole experience. Something clearly you just don't get. There are rules and they are not made to be broken like all the public schools. They wear uniforms which puts all students in the same level when it comes to dressing and eliminates the competitive label conscious environment of dressing and eliminates the provocative dressing by the female students. My local high school looks like the playboy mansion most mornings as the girls are heading in.

So bash it all you want the reality is, private school students applications end up in a different pile on the college admissions table.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Per haps you should educate your babysitter on the politically incorrect reference of "guido".

Our daughter attended St Anthony's and had friends at both schools. I have met all of them. The common thread was certainly not "guides" from St A's and "clean cut" boys from chaminade.

You are attempting to classify 425 students at one school and 600+ at another based upon your babysitter's sophomoric evaluation?? really? or were you just trying to take a stab at the boys who go to St A's??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about 2021?

Don't know anything about them, except igloo, 91 TLI and Icon are pretty good. But I am sure coach Ben can get them prepared to be n elite team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, you are dumb

Typical Chaminade kind of response. There could never be a downside to going to the almighty Chaminade, so clueless it's frightening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Per haps you should educate your babysitter on the politically incorrect reference of "guido".

Our daughter attended St Anthony's and had friends at both schools. I have met all of them. The common thread was certainly not "guides" from St A's and "clean cut" boys from chaminade.

You are attempting to classify 425 students at one school and 600+ at another based upon your babysitter's sophomoric evaluation?? really? or were you just trying to take a stab at the boys who go to St A's??

"Chaminade boys are more clean cut"? OMG, wake up and take a peek at some of the instagram & twitter accounts of your CLEAN CUT angels. Every HS everywhere has some level of issues with kids on social media, drugs & fighting no matter private or public schools.

But to you Chaminade people, please dont think the boys at that school are "great kids". You have many bad ones like everyone else. Also, tell your pretend babysitter she is incorrect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats hilarious - because it's true! And the guy who fixes my toilet when it backs up kid plays for 91!

that is funny, but in all seriousness the guy who fixes my pipes (literally not figuratively) - ( for all you public school folks that means for real not made up) kid plays for fl$ and he drives a nicer car and lives in a nicer house then I do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If private school parents really believe public schools kids applications wind up in "another pile" you are seriously delusional. You really think a university gives a damn where the 50-60k comes from.

The valedectorian at any public has the same chance at a top school as the Val from any private.

Been there done that and FYI

SAT/ACT scores trumps all of it. Those exams are the only determining factor in who gets in and who does not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If private school parents really believe public schools kids applications wind up in "another pile" you are seriously delusional. You really think a university gives a damn where the 50-60k comes from.

The valedectorian at any public has the same chance at a top school as the Val from any private.

SAT/ACT scores trumps all of it. Those exams are the only determining factor in who gets in and who does not.

Ha. You wish sat/act was the tie breaker. Public val has a great shot but will get combined with pvt top 10 percent not the val. Publics also capped at one or two per school. Pvt get multiples into top schools. On the margin they will also take the kid that doesn't need grants.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is funny, but in all seriousness the guy who fixes my pipes (literally not figuratively) - ( for all you public school folks that means for real not made up) kid plays for fl$ and he drives a nicer car and lives in a nicer house then I do.

That's sad - but it is true. We have a summer house in the hamptons. The biggest houses are owned by the lawn guys and the pool guys. So why are so many of these parents nuts about getting their kids into college by using lacrosse. The family business looks like a better way to go - unless it's really more about the parents then the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. SAT is rapidly losing importance. GPA is key.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And both make more money than you! LMFAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perception of academic ranking as explained by a friend of mine who looked into a lot of them:
1) Kellenberg
2) Holy Trinity
3) St Johns the Baptist
4) St Anthony's
5) Chaminade
6) St Marys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe GPA is the deciding factor at your own peril. http://www.fairtest.org/university/optional. Not one top 25 school on that list. One of the few better schools is Holy Cross and I can give you an earful how Holy Cross manipulates the test optional submissions. I have been thru 3 college admission cycles, 2014 the most current, so I do know the game quite well. Go ahead and tell umichigan or Boston college, Georgetown your kid isn't sending board scores, come back and tell us how it works out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was your friend drunk? Holy Trinity? Seriously!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perception of academic ranking as explained by a friend of mine who looked into a lot of them:
1) Kellenberg
2) Holy Trinity
3) St Johns the Baptist
4) St Anthony's
5) Chaminade
6) St Marys

Your friend, sorry to say must have a kid going to Kellenberg. My son has friends who aren't that bright but got into Kellenberg and St. Anthony's but could not get into Chaminade. His ranking is wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Kellenberg
2) Holy Trinity
3) St Johns the Baptist
4) St Anthony's
5) Chaminade
6) St Marys

Your friend, sorry to say must have a kid going to Kellenberg. My son has friends who aren't that bright but got into Kellenberg and St. Anthony's but could not get into Chaminade. His ranking is wrong.

Chams is above St. A's, and they are both above the rest of the pack, BUT, I thought this was an Express forum?!

Instead, it's like a romper room filled with parents slinging poo at each other like monkeys at the zoo!

Get over yourselves. Friendly competition, where adversaries actually respect one another....can we get back to that in LI? I bet the kids respect one another, why can't the parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Kellenberg
2) Holy Trinity
3) St Johns the Baptist
4) St Anthony's
5) Chaminade
6) St Marys

I am not the one who posted that list. I agree its way out of whack.

Why is there always this thing where Chaminade parents think that every kid wants to go to Chaminade?? Like EVRY kid envy's kids that go to Chaminade?? No, not true.

My son is a very strong student and wanted NO part of Chaminade. And BELIEVE IT OR NOT, many boys don't want to go there because they like to socialize with females and the school is basically in Queens. I am not saying that to be sarcastic, but trust that, many kids DONT WANT TO GO THERE.

I know its a great school, our family respects that. But we feel H.S. should be a mix of academics, sports & social life. He is a upper 90's average student committed D1 to a top academic university. And he goes to the "horrible" school called St.Anthony's. He's very happy, I hope yours is also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to normal programming...

With LI Express having multiple teams (Long Island x3, NYC and Westchester 'North'), do they all play at same or different tournaments? Also, when they appear on tournament draws, are the teams listed as just Long Island Express, making it hard for opponents to know which Express team they're actually playing?

Any thoughts, feedback appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Kellenberg
2) Holy Trinity
3) St Johns the Baptist
4) St Anthony's
5) Chaminade
6) St Marys

I am not the one who posted that list. I agree its way out of whack.

Why is there always this thing where Chaminade parents think that every kid wants to go to Chaminade?? Like EVRY kid envy's kids that go to Chaminade?? No, not true.

My son is a very strong student and wanted NO part of Chaminade. And BELIEVE IT OR NOT, many boys don't want to go there because they like to socialize with females and the school is basically in Queens. I am not saying that to be sarcastic, but trust that, many kids DONT WANT TO GO THERE.

I know its a great school, our family respects that. But we feel H.S. should be a mix of academics, sports & social life. He is a upper 90's average student committed D1 to a top academic university. And he goes to the "horrible" school called St.Anthony's. He's very happy, I hope yours is also.

Folks do understand that boys who go to Chaminade still socialize with girls? They had a freshman dance a few weeks ago and the yound ladies outnumber the young men by a bunch and these young ladies were from all over the island - attending both public and catholic schools.

Like Reply Quote
Page 89 of 144 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard