BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,912
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Do you know Cabell Maddux?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I pay a unhealthy amount of attion [sic] to the tryouts.

I believe you 100%. That aside, you are the only one who brought up the topic of Madlax accepting undeserving kids. It's not really a funny topic when you are the only one who brings this up.

Further, who are the clubs in this area that have dads as coaches?

Many are dads, but many are also rec coaches like the vlc 2017 coach. We know several families that left because favoritism was so rampart at vlc, especially when it came to direct invites to camps like Nike blue chip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I pay a unhealthy amount of attion [sic] to the tryouts.

I believe you 100%. That aside, you are the only one who brought up the topic of Madlax accepting undeserving kids. It's not really a funny topic when you are the only one who brings this up.

Further, who are the clubs in this area that have dads as coaches?

Hear of VLC? Fuze, now 3D? Crabs for god's sake? You have no clue

There are no dads who coach for VLC. There was one dad who coached his son at Fuze, but he and his entire team just left 3D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello All, What do you guys on here know about VEL Lacrosse league and travel team? First time seeting it. My 8th grade sons high school team is part of the league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many times is that article going to be brought up???
Cabell will have that article as a necktie forever!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC parents still trying to get some kids come to their club instead of just the leftovers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty presumptuous of you. The owner has been fired from HS coaching job he's ever had, so I think he has plenty of critics.

Those emails are pretty indefensible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't feed the animals -- sometimes VLC parents have a few before a Sunday noon and nothing better to do than see if the 'ole Cabell email string gets some play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes those emails are but they are 2 years old at this point. No one at Madlax cares about them. The best kids in VA will go play for Madlax because they are the best team people do not care if the owner is mean. He is good at what he does and the club is the best top to bottom. If your son is a top player and you do not tryout for Madlax you are hurting him not helping him. If you are scared away because he might write you a nasty email you get what you get with your B level club you pick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The replies from the family were also indefensible. Sorry bro, we were too busy at work to reply to your emails and voice mails this past month. Junior bailed for a rival club already, but thanks for the ride Cabell.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes those emails are but they are 2 years old at this point. No one at Madlax cares about them. The best kids in VA will go play for Madlax because they are the best team people do not care if the owner is mean. He is good at what he does and the club is the best top to bottom. If your son is a top player and you do not tryout for Madlax you are hurting him not helping him. If you are scared away because he might write you a nasty email you get what you get with your B level club you pick.

Untrue. Cabell has people who don't know anything about lacrosse scared, but that's only at the youth level. His U15 team and U13 team are pretty good, but his high school teams are well behind Blackwolf and VLC. That's because parents realize those clubs are better at placing their kids in colleges, and they are tired of paying $100+ a month for no reason.

If you are a Madlax parent and the emails don't bother you, what exactly are you teaching your kids?

Madlax for Life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny thing is people think the Blackwolf guy is any better I have heard he is a real peace of work. But that does not bother me. VLC has good High School teams but we will see where they are in 3 years way behind Madlax. The Blackwolf guy also was days away from moving away and leaving the program up for grabs. So I would not trust him as far as I could throw him. So we will take our Crazy owner at least we know its a sure thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2018 team already has two commits and not a single post from proud Madlax supporters, and even more disappointing no entertaining posts from VLC trashing it. Is this still a rivalry or is VLC just yesterday's program now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many years are the 2018 commits held back?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the two kids are no older then U15 because they are playing on the national team that is playing in FL in the U15 bracket. So this means to me that they where not held back and if they where they had to have been a early Birthday kid. I really do not think there is many holdbacks at Madlax if any. I know most of the kids at 2018 and 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The most is one year or else the kids can't play in the IAC league as seniors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So lets get this out there**DELETED** are not hold backs they are in 9th grade. They have gone to school from k to 9th grade in order, going to each grade one year only. Is this clear to the world. Madlax is not the crabs they do not have tons of held back kids. Good day sir I said good day!!!!!!!!

Can we not out the kids? It is ugly and leads to nastiness. Knock it off.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We've already done the D1 lax thing. Club level. Now our boy is, like, RECLASSIFIED. His recruiting video has the good lettuce. Dig it if you can deal with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqg01Nk3SYI

And remember, if you shoot 5 for 20 in practice but hit 2 pipes, that is, like 5 for 18.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rules Governing All Interstate
Athletic Conference (IAC) Contests
I. ELIGIBILITY - These eligibility rules and "Special Eligibility Rules" govern all
Interstate Athletic Conference schools in any athletic contest.
A. Any student turning nineteen years of age prior to September 1 is not
eligible for that school year.

Not exactly... you can be a double holdback so long as your birthday is between Sept 1st and Dec 31st. I don't think IAC rules deter double hold-backs. Kids can go to boarding school for a senior year. Lacrosse parents will always find a way to creep somewhere else to make it work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Landon has several kids in the soph class who turned 16 in fall of freshman year, including the kid who was their first commit in that class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the [lacrosse]'s TOC last year 2018 was the natural graduation year for U-13. The cutoff was Aug 1, 1999 instead of Sep 1, 1999, making it even easier to qualify on age.

Madlax sent a "National" team rather than their Madlax Capital team. The simple reason for this is that once the reclassified players were eliminated from their 2018 roster, the madlax team needed to fill the roster with others from outside DC.

However, I do believe that the two Madlax players you are referring to played on that U-13 team and therefore are not reclassified.

I know NY uses a different age cutoff for school than other school districts, but the birth dates are within the normal cutoffs used by most school districts around the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
16 before Jan 1 in Freshman year isnt common in Maryland private school but isnt that rare either. Most of the holdbacks are April to Aug so they turn sixteen during Spring and Summer.But I personally know of 2 boys with before Jan 1 birthdays held back in one Balt private school. Both play lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I. ELIGIBILITY - These eligibility rules and "Special Eligibility Rules" govern all

Not exactly... you can be a double holdback so long as your birthday is between Sept 1st and Dec 31st. I don't think IAC rules deter double hold-backs. Kids can go to boarding school for a senior year. Lacrosse parents will always find a way to creep somewhere else to make it work.

It is my understanding that both the IAC and the WCAC use the same September 1/19 years of age standard. That does not prevent a kid from playing his first 3 years of high school in one of those conferences, and then either (i) doing a PG year somewhere, or (ii) just playing on a club or all-star team his senior year, when he has most likely already committed.

Also, from my experience, the IAC has more kids who fit this category than the WCAC. (I'm an IAC parent, so I'm not trying to bash the IAC.)

However, I think the reality is that there are far fewer kids who are "true" holdbacks - i.e. they did it to get ahead athletically, and their birthdays are early - than kids who were re-classed because of late birthdays (May, June, July, August.) My IAC kid is an appropriate age kid, but I get swept up in the holdback bashing like everyone else. I just think it's a bit overblown, because the reality could never match our overactive, complaining imaginations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel that is kids do a pre-K year or start late when they are 5-6 years old it is unfair to paint it with a mop that's for sports reasons and mark the kid as a "reclassified". But I really do look down on kids doing 8th or 9th grade over at an IAC or WCAC school. It celebrates weakness.

I say give it time. NCAA coaches will eventually figure out 5'9 150 pound kids they are ogling over when they are 16 in fall of 9th grade are close to mature, and that is nothing impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the two kids are no older then U15 because they are playing on the national team that is playing in FL in the U15 bracket. So this means to me that they where not held back and if they where they had to have been a early Birthday kid. I really do not think there is many holdbacks at Madlax if any. I know most of the kids at 2018 and 2019.

Florida cutoffs are a year off from what you would expect. This year's U15 bracket will allow age appropriate 2017s as well as 2018 repeaters to play. Age appropriate 2018s are technically U14s under this tournament's age rules

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the [lacrosse]'s TOC last year 2018 was the natural graduation year for U-13. The cutoff was Aug 1, 1999 instead of Sep 1, 1999, making it even easier to qualify on age.

Madlax sent a "National" team rather than their Madlax Capital team. The simple reason for this is that once the reclassified players were eliminated from their 2018 roster, the madlax team needed to fill the roster with others from outside DC.

However, I do believe that the two Madlax players you are referring to played on that U-13 team and therefore are not reclassified.

I know NY uses a different age cutoff for school than other school districts, but the birth dates are within the normal cutoffs used by most school districts around the country

Madlax was age based last year, not grade based so this statement is wrong.
Madlax sent a national team not because of reclassify, but because it has an obligation to use players from its partner programs, and the ones that they are used are better than the ones on the capital team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most public schools in the IAC area use the September 1 cutoff for schools, so it is only 1 year maximum based on the normal public schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So does anyone of the number of Madlax kids that are reclassed or holdbacks on the 2018 teams on down. I really think the answer is like 3 or less or am I wrong?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad truth is a lot of kids and parents are ok with the trade off now to miss senior year on the field because by then they are committed, etc. I doubt they will feel the same when that time comes and they can't participate as seniors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok here is the thing the Madlax Orange Players are all so good why would any of them need to or want to be held back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is so overrated and the owner is an a-hole.

User
User
What has been going on with this program since the last post? It started out with some amazing accusations and hatred. Is the program running as usual? Is the coach in question running the ship? What's happening??

Back of the Cage
User
User
Madlax is so overrated and the owner is an a-hole.

What has been going on with this program since the last post? It started out with some amazing accusations and hatred. Is the program running as usual? Is the coach in question running the ship? What's happening??

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is as strong or stronger then it ever has been. There is no way to tell how many kids never came to Madlax tryouts that would of before the "email" but its a fact that enough people have look past it to put way above avg. teams on the field at each age group. That can not be questioned. I am sure people in the Madlax family are now way more aware of Cabell and what they might have to deal with. I have talked to several Madlax parents about this. And to a person they all are not scared or worried about what Cabell might do to them. They like the crazy its what gets things done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well if anyone was thinking that this board did not like Madlax. You can see for sure now. The Hop is trying to remind people how evil Madlaxs leader is and wants to make sure everyone knows this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no connection to MadLax and people can put down [lacrosse]'s Tournament of Champions as much as they want, but I think the club has a right to be proud its teams won the U13 and U15 divisions. [lacrosse]'s may not have had all the top teams from NY or MD, so I'm not saying that means they are the best in the country for those years, but it's a very well-organized (and they actually required birth certificates!) and fun tournament with a lot of dedicated teams and they came and won those divisions. (U11 not so much - they looked small, but then the top team in the country - Igloo - did win U11 at [lacrosse]'s this year, just like the top U11 team in the country has for at least 4 out of the past 5 years.)

User
User
Well if anyone was thinking that this board did not like Madlax. You can see for sure now. The Hop is trying to remind people how evil Madlaxs leader is and wants to make sure everyone knows this.

Actually I could care less about Madlax. I was reviewing the older threads on the forum list and found this thread. I read it and saw how it started and suddenly ended. That's why I asked what's going on.
If you want me to remind people just let me know and I will contact the reporter responsible for the beginning posts and maybe we can get a follow up story in the newspaper as well. Is that what you want. Let me know as I try to accommodate our readers.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a joke of a tournament. Everyone knows that. But if you are going to brag about winning some youth tournament, please don't call it a "national championship".

User
User

Paranoid a little?

I was actually reviewing threads on the forum list from last year and stumbled upon this train wreck. I noticed how it started and then it abruptly ended. So....I was wondering how it was going in the land of Madlax. Judging by this fellas post not so good.

Back of the Cage
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard