BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 171 of 327 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
YJ players and parents don't let the cowards on these sites bother you. Guarantee they would never speak their mind to anyone in person because they are too afraid . Feel bad for your kids knowing they have such a weasel for a parent , you know they are embarrassed and tired of your constant it's not fair nonsense . Instead of making excuses tell you kid to pick up their stick and practice .

Or pay for personal training from your coach, clinic and camps!

So says the cowardly weasel , feel sorry for your kid will probably grow up to be just like you.

So if the roster talent is relatively even in the middle or the bottom of the roster you honestly don't think that the kids that pay for extra training or camps or that have siblings that are also paying in don't get preferential treatment? Come on man!

You are such a weasel , if it's even , which it never actually is , yes other things are taken into consideration. Is the kids parent a spineless weasel , is the kids parent the type to blame nonsense on their kids lack of playing time , yes many things considered. You are such a [lacrosse] if you even think anyone was thinking the relatively even nonsense , you are such a coward you will not even put your actual thoughts in writing, go to bed you cowardly weasel and pretend you have a pair.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true the best kids will make it.. if you are a legacy kid, you have a permanent spot no matter what. Better girls will not make the team because of this fact.
The try out format alone tells you that once on a team its nearly impossible to be bumped, unless underhanded deals and politics get the better of you. When you are told to wear your previous year pinnie to try outs you know the fix is in. A fair try out would have no names of schools, previous years numbers, affiliations or markings of any sort allowed to be worn on a player. Black shorts, white top, number supplied by club via pinnie, or marathon placard.

Don't forget to bring a ball that you will donate to the YJ nation!

What is the purpse of bringing a ball - for real?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true the best kids will make it.. if you are a legacy kid, you have a permanent spot no matter what. Better girls will not make the team because of this fact.
The try out format alone tells you that once on a team its nearly impossible to be bumped, unless underhanded deals and politics get the better of you. When you are told to wear your previous year pinnie to try outs you know the fix is in. A fair try out would have no names of schools, previous years numbers, affiliations or markings of any sort allowed to be worn on a player. Black shorts, white top, number supplied by club via pinnie, or marathon placard.

Yes all 700-1000 kids trying out need a ball. Where does it say what the tryout fee is? And only 1 day right? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha! the ball thing is the icing on the cake. Absolutely ridiculous!
Like they can't afford balls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ players and parents don't let the cowards on these sites bother you. Guarantee they would never speak their mind to anyone in person because they are too afraid . Feel bad for your kids knowing they have such a weasel for a parent , you know they are embarrassed and tired of your constant it's not fair nonsense . Instead of making excuses tell you kid to pick up their stick and practice .

Or pay for personal training from your coach, clinic and camps!

So says the cowardly weasel , feel sorry for your kid will probably grow up to be just like you.

So if the roster talent is relatively even in the middle or the bottom of the roster you honestly don't think that the kids that pay for extra training or camps or that have siblings that are also paying in don't get preferential treatment? Come on man!

You are such a weasel , if it's even , which it never actually is , yes other things are taken into consideration. Is the kids parent a spineless weasel , is the kids parent the type to blame nonsense on their kids lack of playing time , yes many things considered. You are such a [lacrosse] if you even think anyone was thinking the relatively even nonsense , you are such a coward you will not even put your actual thoughts in writing, go to bed you cowardly weasel and pretend you have a pair.

I want to support this rant as I am part of YJ Nation but I really cannot tell what the heck is being said!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pop pop goes the ......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 101. If you have an older sibling who plays for a top YJ Blue team
No matter if there are more deserving players who are better than girls who are younger. You get the benefit of the doubt and make the top YJ team for your age group. End of story. You get the benefit of " legacy " players. Open up your eyes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No matter if there are more deserving players who are better than girls who are younger. You get the benefit of the doubt and make the top YJ team for your age group. End of story. You get the benefit of " legacy " players. Open up your eyes

Logic. That kid has genetic potential, your kid is a crap shoot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Logic. That kid has genetic potential, your kid is a crap shoot.

Stop. More $$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why...you get noticed if you can play...you people are silly...doesn't matter were you play...

Sure...go look at the alumni pages on the top club websites (YJ and M&D for example) and then pick some second tier clubs and do the same. Tell me what you see.

Go to a showcase event and look at who's standing on the sidelines watching the top teams play. Then go watch the Metro vs. Storm game at the same age and tell me what you see.

Alyssa Leonard 2014 graduate of Northwestern
Now tell me about the one kid who never played club who went on to Syracuse, Maryland or Northwestern to try to make your silly case.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a Y.J. parent . My daughter never played for Y.J. and has already committed to a D1 school. To the parent calling everyone a weasel, all I have to say to you is you sound like a very immature, uneducated bully that can only express yourself with vicious attacks because you lack to educational skills to debate with facts. truth is if the talent is even, and despite what you say it often is, the "tie breaker" goes to the big mouth parent willing to buy there way in because there daughters lacrosse career is overly important to them. Now if you and the rest of your Y.J. think tank really want to meet me so I can say it to your face, we can meet at the P.A.L. center and debate this in person, though I doubt you have the integrity to accept my offer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK wait a minute,
Think about this a minute. If Coach Rose put weak players on the top team because of their name do you think her top teams would be so strong or would they be middle of the road teams. If your kid is not a strong runner or your kid has weak stick skills they are not going to last on the (old days) Blue team. The reason there are two blue teams is because of the people who would rather complain than send their kid out and train!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]not true the best kids will make it.. if you are a legacy kid, you have a permanent spot no matter what. Better girls will not make the team because of this fact.

Haha! the ball thing is the icing on the cake. Absolutely ridiculous!
Like they can't afford balls.

If you do go to the YJ tryout don't bring a ball my 9 yr od daughter asked for her ball back at the end of the tryout and the 2019 coach told her no you can't have it back if you make the team you can have it back at the first practice. At least he didn't take her milk money also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the tryout fee for the 1,000 kids you mention?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK wait a minute,
Think about this a minute. If Coach Rose put weak players on the top team because of their name do you think her top teams would be so strong or would they be middle of the road teams. If your kid is not a strong runner or your kid has weak stick skills they are not going to last on the (old days) Blue team. The reason there are two blue teams is because of the people who would rather complain than send their kid out and train!

4-5 kids can carry a team, the rest can be supporting players or just stay out of the way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$50 each, nice days work

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$50 per child. Made approx $60,000 last year on tryouts, + the balls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK wait a minute,

4-5 kids can carry a team, the rest can be supporting players or just stay out of the way

In SCGL or PAL 4 or 5 girls can carry a team and even most summer tournament games, Bring that sorry [lacrosse] strategy against an elite team and you will get mopped up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the 91 girls tryouts had a lot of girls, and no guarentee to returning players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK wait a minute,

In SCGL or PAL 4 or 5 girls can carry a team and even most summer tournament games, Bring that sorry [lacrosse] strategy against an elite team and you will get mopped up.

Believe whatever you want to, but that's the reality. You might have noticed that M&D and Skywalkers show up to tourneys with 16-18 kids and the 4-5 studs never leave the field, why do you think that is? Most summer seasons consist of 4-5 competitive games for the top teams and the rest are blowouts, this is when the rest of the team gets to score goals and get playing time - everyone is happy, kids score, clubs justify 24+ players on a roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a Y.J. parent . My daughter never played for Y.J. and has already committed to a D1 school. To the parent calling everyone a weasel, all I have to say to you is you sound like a very immature, uneducated bully that can only express yourself with vicious attacks because you lack to educational skills to debate with facts. truth is if the talent is even, and despite what you say it often is, the "tie breaker" goes to the big mouth parent willing to buy there way in because there daughters lacrosse career is overly important to them. Now if you and the rest of your Y.J. think tank really want to meet me so I can say it to your face, we can meet at the P.A.L. center and debate this in person, though I doubt you have the integrity to accept my offer
Yeah, I didn't think so. So tell me who's the real weasel big mouth. You are truly a typical gutless, classless, Yellow Jacket parent, sending your daughters to back hop your big mouths. That is why every clubs parents in girls lacrosse respects your girls, but despises you loud mouth parents.Your kids should be embarrassed of you all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK wait a minute,

Believe whatever you want to, but that's the reality. You might have noticed that M&D and Skywalkers show up to tourneys with 16-18 kids and the 4-5 studs never leave the field, why do you think that is? Most summer seasons consist of 4-5 competitive games for the top teams and the rest are blowouts, this is when the rest of the team gets to score goals and get playing time - everyone is happy, kids score, clubs justify 24+ players on a roster
Lets put it this way, every team has a few girls that after you pass it to them you can stop running because the ball is never coming back! Happens in PAL more than club but it also happens in club [lacrosse] it happens in college. Everybody wants those stats!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously if you are going to call people uneducated you need to learn the difference between their and there, among many other issues. If you are on here trying to bring down 11-12 year old kids then yes you are a weasel. The fact that you are trying to brag about your daughter when no one cares tells me again just a weasel. The fact you are on the YJ thread when your kid did not play YJ tells me you are a weasel. The fact you are asking to meet at the PAL facility tells me you are a complete tool and know for a fact you would not speak your mind to these parents. You apparently think you know who they are so the ball is in your court you weasel ,go ahead go up to one of them and tell them their kid does not deserve to be on the top team. Bye bye weasel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pop pop goes the weasel

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the 91 girls tryouts had a lot of girls, and no guarentee to returning players

Wrong thread and nobody cares, but thanks for the update!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares. That club is a complete mess. The skill level is VERY low and they play in non-competitive tournaments. Its a boys club. STay away from that train wreck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong thread and nobody cares, but thanks for the update!

Put it on the 91 Girls thread........ oops - there is none!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously if you are going to call people uneducated you need to learn the difference between their and there, among many other issues. If you are on here trying to bring down 11-12 year old kids then yes you are a weasel. The fact that you are trying to brag about your daughter when no one cares tells me again just a weasel. The fact you are on the YJ thread when your kid did not play YJ tells me you are a weasel. The fact you are asking to meet at the PAL facility tells me you are a complete tool and know for a fact you would not speak your mind to these parents. You apparently think you know who they are so the ball is in your court you weasel ,go ahead go up to one of them and tell them their kid does not deserve to be on the top team. Bye bye weasel.
where to start with someone of your limited intelligence? Lets start with the there, their comment, sorry missed that one when auto correct changed it. as for the rest of your ineptly crafted retort, lets start with your original montage of stupidity, it was you that said "You are such a weasel , if it's even , which it never actually is , yes other things are taken into consideration", to this I say it seems that YOU are the one "on here trying to bring down 11-12 year old kids then yes you are a weasel" , and if I may, not only are you doing it , your doing it girls on your own club.

You then went on to cleverly craft this gem "You are such a [lacrosse] if you even think anyone was thinking the relatively even nonsense , you are such a coward you will not even put your actual thoughts in writing, go to bed you cowardly weasel and pretend you have a pair." to that I said before, and still stand by my quote " truth is if the talent is even, and despite what you say it often is, the "tie breaker" goes to the big mouth parent willing to buy there way in because there daughters lacrosse career is overly important to them. " and thankfully, your newest post has proven me to be correct.

And lastly I state my daughter is a D1 commit because
A. I am very proud of her accomplishment
B. If I don't , people such as yourself will be the first to say "your daughter isn't good enough to be a Yellow Jacket/ D1 athlete.

As for meeting you at The P.A.L. center, I just wanted a real cowardly weasel to know that I am more than willing to debate them face to face without fear or hiding behind a key board, much like yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

where to start with someone of your limited intelligence? Lets start with the there, their comment, sorry missed that one when auto correct changed it. as for the rest of your ineptly crafted retort, lets start with your original montage of stupidity, it was you that said "You are such a weasel , if it's even , which it never actually is , yes other things are taken into consideration", to this I say it seems that YOU are the one "on here trying to bring down 11-12 year old kids then yes you are a weasel" , and if I may, not only are you doing it , your doing it girls on your own club.

You then went on to cleverly craft this gem "You are such a [lacrosse] if you even think anyone was thinking the relatively even nonsense , you are such a coward you will not even put your actual thoughts in writing, go to bed you cowardly weasel and pretend you have a pair." to that I said before, and still stand by my quote " truth is if the talent is even, and despite what you say it often is, the "tie breaker" goes to the big mouth parent willing to buy there way in because there daughters lacrosse career is overly important to them. " and thankfully, your newest post has proven me to be correct.

B. If I don't , people such as yourself will be the first to say "your daughter isn't good enough to be a Yellow Jacket/ D1 athlete.

As for meeting you at The P.A.L. center, I just wanted a real cowardly weasel to know that I am more than willing to debate them face to face without fear or hiding behind a key board, much like yourself

A little dangerous to meet random people who may or may not be sane that you are arguing with on an anonymous message board. If you guys want to debate and discuss, you both should register for accounts and message each other, to debate. There you can reveal to each other who you are., an hash out your points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid never played YJ but you state you know how team selections are made. The rest of your rant and quotes are completely incoherent, my guess you probably start drinking early. Auto correct does not change their to there , nice try. The fact that you want to meet at the pal facility speaks more to your intelligence in that most of you pal people are not exactly high on the list of accomplished academics. So your kid goes to a college that has D1 lacrosse ,no one but you is impressed . Lets hear about where the school ranks academically and don't fabricate some auto correct nonsense. You keep telling kids the only reason they made the top teams is because of their( in your case there) siblings and pretend thats not a scummy move, no thanks on the meeting you strike me as the weasel lawsuit type. Stop trolling the YJ thread considering your kid had nothing to do with the club , see you later weasel boy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let my try to add some levity to this conversation. I will take this quoted exchange from the movie Animal House.

Hoover: Kent is a legacy,

Otter. His brother was a ’59, Fred Dorfman

Flounder: He said legacies usually get asked
to pledge automatically.

Otter: Oh, well, usually. Unless the pledge in question turns out to be a real closet-case.
Otter, Boon: Like Fred.

This all means that if you look at some of the older siblings is on current YJ teams. Who All are committing to major D1 schools. Some of their younger sisters IF they were not related by blood to them would not of made the top blue team. Most likely would be on the 2nd or 3rd team. To CR fault she is loyal to the legacy kids siblings who have made her " famous " in girls lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to pose this question to Carol Rose (in an admittedly cowardly anonymous fashion):

Now that I nderstand your loyalties to legacies, how do you explain preference for outsiders over kids on your second and third teams who have been working hard for years to get a shot at making your top team?

When you put a new outside player's name on a fall tournament roster before tryouts have even taken place, it just reeks. Maybe you thought that choosing a tournament that occurred AFTER tryouts would fool us (ie. T3 and Lax for the Cure)?

We may be silly enough to keep coming back year after year, but we are NOT fools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to pose this question to Carol Rose (in an admittedly cowardly anonymous fashion):

Now that I nderstand your loyalties to legacies, how do you explain preference for outsiders over kids on your second and third teams who have been working hard for years to get a shot at making your top team?

When you put a new outside player's name on a fall tournament roster before tryouts have even taken place, it just reeks. Maybe you thought that choosing a tournament that occurred AFTER tryouts would fool us (ie. T3 and Lax for the Cure)?

We may be silly enough to keep coming back year after year, but we are NOT fools.

The rosters will be changing as 2017 TG girls who have not "paid" or "paid in full" will be moving on up to the east side..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You hit the nail on the head - you're silly enough to keep coming back year after year. She's NOT a fool either, so she knows that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You hit the nail on the head - you're silly enough to keep coming back year after year. She's NOT a fool either, so she knows that.

She is a brilliant business woman. All of these little moves to bring people in is very calculated to grow her business. The Top Gun kids on the Fall roster with the coach.... chink in the TG armor with hopefully more kids to follow. The South Shore PAL coach with a team....+1 in a smaller age group. Getting away from only 1 Blue team, keeps more top talent happy.... Going to 5 or 6 teams per age group..... Tryouts from 2 days to 1 (and bring your own ball ha).....Running most of the tournaments she sends her teams to so she can play both sides.... Sending teams to other tournaments her directors run to keep them happy and spread the wealth.... The clinics and winter league, the BBQ and on and on. YES the YJ's have the best talent and the most kids so they have the most and strongest commits. But they are also getting the most talented girls coming through the door. When you have the numbers she has, coaches come to watch and tournaments place her where she wants to play. And for all this we all pay $5,000 - $10,000 per year depending on the travel and extras. Brilliant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My goodness people, go back, reread the last 2 or 3 pages or so, and ask yourself why do you keep coming back for this treatment? Does your daughter really love it that much? Do you morally agree with what takes place? If your daughter knew all of these backwards going ons, how would you explain that it's ok to allow someone to take advantage of you this way? I couldn't let someone walk all over me like that...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd rather put my daughter on a team that doesn't have any thread ! To read about all this hate/animosity of other teams is actually disgusting to skim through. Jealousy of one another's team and displaying it on threads definitely shows these parents character. It will follow through to their child some day. I'm putting my daughter who is a decent player on a team with less thread. I don't want my child to get wrapped up in all this nonsense of these crazy parents whom talk about one another. You all should remember where you come from and step back a little and let these girls enjoy LAX whether there on a much more competitive team or not. Are these girls going to be playing LAX at the age of 30!? Maybe coaching so, let's get real here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Level headed person above who wrote about this embarrassing thread. There are more parents like you that agree with what you just wrote! There are 2 knuckleheads who post all the time. They are annoying and rentless! Don't let them represent all of us! There are good families in all programs with realistic expectations and unfortunately the 1-2 crazies who can't shut up make anyone who wears any travel uniform look nuts. Continue to conduct ourselves with we class outside this very inappropriate blog site and certainly in the sideline and we will expose the 2 crazy people because they are incapable of having class anywhere as we have seen from their posts! Don't let the minority or morons win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Level headed person above who wrote about this embarrassing thread. There are more parents like you that agree with what you just wrote! There are 2 knuckleheads who post all the time. They are annoying and rentless! Don't let them represent all of us! There are good families in all programs with realistic expectations and unfortunately the 1-2 crazies who can't shut up make anyone who wears any travel uniform look nuts. Continue to conduct ourselves with we class outside this very inappropriate blog site and certainly in the sideline and we will expose the 2 crazy people because they are incapable of having class anywhere as we have seen from their posts! Don't let the minority or morons win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I honestly do not get it, if your experience has been that bad then leave. My experience with YJ has been very positive for the most part, good coaches , good players, descent and fun loving parents for the most part.Yes gets expensive but you have to descide sometimes where you want to spend your money , top of the line new car or mid level car and kid plays YJ, is what it is. My opinion YJ gives you the most constant product with the most options, best coaching,and best connections. All clubs have the crazies and issues. As far as kids being placed on teams without trying out I have seen that on every club on Long Island so don't act as if YJ is the only one.

Like Reply Quote
Page 171 of 327 1 2 169 170 171 172 173 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard