BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,246
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 45 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does it say about the credibility of a sport when a kid a few years out of high school who neither played high school or college level lacrosse is the most widely followed expert in the sport?

Bingo. It is mind boggling, yet sad at the same time. Now he's "getting paid" apparently, but from who??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were to ask those who follow other sports what they thought of a twentysomething year-old who barely played high school lacrosse never coached the game and never graduated college or play the game in college their thoughts on his rankings of high school players as the "standard". They would look at you and say you are NUTS!!! Wake up people!!

And if you can't figure out who's writing his checks. We could all give a darn good guess.
Interesting that he also that he covered Stars and Stripes . There are a lot of turtles on that roster? I guess they have their own PR person now. Who even heard of the Stars and Stripes before today when Ty Xanders covered it. This is getting silly now

Mystery solved! Agenda acomplished, even if the kid of interest wasn't mentioned

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Ty Xanders is getting a nice discount on underwear and chewable Gatorade jellies at Lacrosse Unlimited now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does it say about the credibility of a sport when a kid a few years out of high school who neither played high school or college level lacrosse is the most widely followed expert in the sport?

The kid loves covering lacrosse, not sure what the problem with that is.
More concerning is behavior of all Narcissist parents who beat him up because you can't fathom your kids aren't that good, and didn't get ranked. OK your kid committed early #sofknwhat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Never really thought about it. But you are right. No offense to him, he is just a kid. Inside lacrosse should be called out on this one.

If tbe game continues to grow, iInside Lacrosse will be taken over by more credible people. Right now it's just Lacrosse.....a pathway to getting into a better college, nothing more

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He can love covering lacrosse all he wants, but as the other posters have said it still doesn't make him credible. And I don't even have a kid that's old enough to be written about yet. It just goes to show that lacrosse has a long way to go to compete with other sports

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid????? Exactly the Kid. The kids themselves would do a better job ranking themselves. They actually play the game. Almost all of them will actually play in college and graduate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't sound like anybody is beating this guy up. But I would agree that these are the facts. Besides if you are going to write aboult kids as young as 13 years old you better be able to take constructive criticism from the parents. If this is beating him up then you are supporting what the rest of the posters are saying in that there is a real issue with credibility and transparency. People should be accountable shouldn't they.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More concerning is behavior of all Narcissist parents who beat him up because you can't fathom your kids aren't that good, and didn't get ranked. OK your kid committed early #sofknwhat.

Gotta be Ty himself answering that ^ in the third person. Too much animosity and defensive posturing. Don't think for a moment he or his minions (or employers) aren't reading these posts. Didn't know he did not play HS lax or college lax. That is very lame and weak.

(BTW; the correct use of the word would have been, narcissistic; as in, they are narcissistic, and, he is a narcissist. Where exactly did you get your journalistic degree?)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are some very informed middle aged men who play fantasy football. Do NFL coaches listen to them? It is possible to contribute something great for a sport with no legit background in it. Bill James was a night owl security guard in a factory and with all his time to kill boredom he invented a way of looking at baseball through different mathematical formulas. That is not the case with IL or Ty Xanders. Our son plays on a pretty high level club team in Maryland and it is pretty much ALWAYS determined before the tournaments which kids need props or a shout out. Yes, the best players will get noticed. But what also happens on our own team is kids who can't play / hide in the system of a good club team get props as needed to boost their college placement. On our own team we have seen kids get Ty Xanders write ups which can only be explained by the King Crab telling him is needs to be so. As they say, it is good to be king. The real question is do college coaches really take the inputs from Ty Xanders and rely on them for evaluations? That would be a joke.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"The Kid" covering lacrosse has a lot of power from behind a laptop. If he played the game, understood it, watched the showcases and gave his honest opinion, hey great gig, good for him. When he gets his information regarding said "Top 25 players" from the same influential coaches, it isn't right. I'm not a narcissist (or narcissistic) but, my kid is pretty good. I've been at top recruiting showcases and have seen many of these kids play and some absolutely belong on these lists but, there are so many that are being "plugged" (over and over and over again) that don't belong on that list. It would be nice to have a "non-influenced" "Kid" write for lacrosse. How great would it be to have some honesty at each showcase "so and so didn't have a great tournament but, where the heck did this kid come from?" That happens all of the time and its never written about honestly. TY keeps blowing smoke up the same kids/coaches butts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on USA 2016 and I watched the 2017 game. Needless to say Cam Garlin is 6'2 maybe 6'3,left attack monster. He plays a lot like Mark Matthews and throws some big fakes. He had a goal he beat his defender on the wing swim dodged 2 more players and shot the ball to the top corner. Who knows why this kid is not ranked in the top 10 anywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is well known that Ty Xanders will write about any kid who's influential lacrosse dad will either give him a meal or perk.. Everyone knows this. Everyone has seen it it's out in the open. Who cares. Coaches don't listen to him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"The Kid" covering lacrosse has a lot of power from behind a laptop. If he played the game, understood it, watched the showcases and gave his honest opinion, hey great gig, good for him. When he gets his information regarding said "Top 25 players" from the same influential coaches, it isn't right. I'm not a narcissist (or narcissistic) but, my kid is pretty good. I've been at top recruiting showcases and have seen many of these kids play and some absolutely belong on these lists but, there are so many that are being "plugged" (over and over and over again) that don't belong on that list. It would be nice to have a "non-influenced" "Kid" write for lacrosse. How great would it be to have some honesty at each showcase "so and so didn't have a great tournament but, where the heck did this kid come from?" That happens all of the time and its never written about honestly. TY keeps blowing smoke up the same kids/coaches butts.

The 4 you need to know:

Because Ty Xanders is getting paid by rich dads who are paranoid & living vicariously through their sons.

Ty is getting ATTENTION by big named coaches trying to keep their D1 job.

Showcases keep him at their events as a "attraction". Kids know Ty (many of them don't respect him either)

And club owners trying to keep $$ flow w/tuitions up by pasting the committed players names on their sites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on USA 2016 and I watched the 2017 game. Needless to say Cam Garlin is 6'2 maybe 6'3,left attack monster. He plays a lot like Mark Matthews and throws some big fakes. He had a goal he beat his defender on the wing swim dodged 2 more players and shot the ball to the top corner. Who knows why this kid is not ranked in the top 10 anywhere.

You are correct. And there are many more like him that nobody knows! From hotbed and non hotbed areas. Meaning, RANKINGS DONT WORK. Impossible to get right. Look I was there yesterday, I saw two or three usa 2017s that were in Ty Xanders TOP 15! And they were pretty quiet all game but a couple of non ranked usa kids and a few Canadians were ON FIRE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Canada and USA high schools differ in enrolment. All 1998 born players in Canada are in grade 11 which would make them a 2016. In USA a Sept to Dec born 1998 would be in grade 10 and a 2017. So Canadian kids born between Sept to Dec 1998 are technically 2017's.
Some Canadian club teams come down to tourneys with full rosters of 1998 born kids and play in 2016. Only to compete against 1997 born players and some 1996's that have reclassed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Canada and USA high schools differ in enrolment. All 1998 born players in Canada are in grade 11 which would make them a 2016. In USA a Sept to Dec born 1998 would be in grade 10 and a 2017. So Canadian kids born between Sept to Dec 1998 are technically 2017's.
Some Canadian club teams come down to tourneys with full rosters of 1998 born kids and play in 2016. Only to compete against 1997 born players and some 1996's that have reclassed.

Stop making excuses. They are all in High School, stop already with the "older" BS. How old are the kids on varsity your son plays with? Load of crap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It matters if NCAA coaches rely on Ty Xanders for a qualified list of kids to target in recruiting. I have no idea to the extent NCAA coaches take his analysis as credible, but it does seem obvious that Ty is at least on the phones with them constantly and is a source of information to them. Like in everything else you have credibility until you don't. If ther are events like last weekend where top 15 ranked kids have a quiet showing and some unknowns show up and are the best on the field, then something is very wrong. We saw a 2017 goalie who is on everyone's top ten list get outplayed straight to the ground over and over this past summer by so called no-names.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These comments are definitely being made by kids who have been snubed by Ty. He gets it right for the most part. The kids he mentions mostly become the college stars. Stop complaining and work harder! He is not the only person from inside lacrosse reviewing these kids. For example, quint kessnich, case Vock and Paul carc. They all basically agree. TY also relies heavily on the opinions of college coaches. Obviously a kid can have a bad day, and a previous unknown can emerge, happens all the time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These comments are definitely being made by kids who have been snubed by Ty. He gets it right for the most part. The kids he mentions mostly become the college stars. Stop complaining and work harder! He is not the only person from inside lacrosse reviewing these kids. For example, quint kessnich, case Vock and Paul carc. They all basically agree. TY also relies heavily on the opinions of college coaches. Obviously a kid can have a bad day, and a previous unknown can emerge, happens all the time!

Lies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He gets it right for the most part based on what, the one year he evaluated players for IL most of whom won't be in college for years to come? I think you may want to check that statement...Quint and Paul don't really get out on the recruiting tournament circuit although Paul does do Maverik Showtime. In terms of track record, yes IL did nail it with the Steele Stanwicks and the Brian Boyles back in the day. But back then the sport was a backwater played in Baltimore and LI and not scratched yet in terms of the wider scope we see today. My son is a commit but did not get ranked or watch listed by IL. Some of that may have to do that he didn't solicit it by sending emails and videos to Ty, some of it may be where Ty evaluates him although the latter is hard to fathom since we only saw Ty at a few of our games which were lopsided and my son didn't get much action on the defensive side of the field. It took a lot of layered repeating and beating into our kid who does have some pride and self esteem issues with how he is seen especially by Ty Xanders does not matter one bit. That is likely an issue for all teenage boys and especially ones who wrap a lot of their status into a sport like lacrosse where social media celebrates what 14 year olds are accomplishing with their commits. I don't care if my son is ranked or watch listed by IL this year, next year or after senior year. I care that if he does this he prepares himself to play 4 years at a high level in college and make All American in college. Every year he sees kids come home at XMas break wearing their UNC, UVA, Hop swag around their old HS gym and field to work out. I don't want my son to spend this much of his time in a sport to be a kid who doesn't see the field for 4 years and comes home every XMas and summer looking real cool in his college garb. Check the rosters guys...at least 20 names on every top 10 roster are kids who have not seen the field and many of them were rated high school guys. Whatever. I just keep telling my son what matters is you don't want to spend 30 hours a week training for lacrosse and never play in college. Do it to do it playing and making your own mark on the college program. I hope he listens, but the bottom line is this sport celebrates phony more than substance and it will be hard for him or any other kid to listen.

Screw Ty Xanders. Honestly, what does he bring besides 7,500 people who seem entertained by his Chipotle burrito pictures. If your son cares or worse you care, it is a mistake and a waste of time. College coaches may tune into his word of mouth and rumor feedback as an information source, but I doubt Ty is helping them with the lineup cards this spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he beat his defender and swim moved 2 more it sounds like there were 2 other guys wide open?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are they technically 2017`s if they are in grade 11? It's a graduation year, it doesn't matter if they were born in January 1998 or December 1998, if they are in grade 11 they are 2016's. If they are in grade 10, they are 2017's. Is that Garlin kid repeating grade 10 right now? If not, why was he in the 2017 game and not the 2016 one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder what would happen in Canada if a 98 hockey player dropped down to play 99 because he thought it would help his draft chances?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Canada and USA high schools differ in enrolment. All 1998 born players in Canada are in grade 11 which would make them a 2016. In USA a Sept to Dec born 1998 would be in grade 10 and a 2017. So Canadian kids born between Sept to Dec 1998 are technically 2017's.

That is true. Kindergarden is called grade 1 and then so forth and Canadian kids start school a calendar year later than US born kids do. In some US states like California, the age cut is in the fall, so October 1998 kids are 2017s.

I think the more demonstrable point was according to some at this event last weekend three "top 15" US kids, presumably local LI kids, didn't show up much and some unheard of Canadian kids played great. Any kid can have a great day or a bad day on a given day, but it does not sound to me like questioning the cronyism in the IL or Ty Xanders world is a bad thing. I wasn't there but those comments would not shock me. Ty Xanders is our local boy who will write anything for a free meal at Taco Bell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First year of the stars and stripes event. Great one too.

Does anyone actually want to acknowledge that most of the kids he ranked are committed to top division 1 schools? They were committed before they were ranked...do you think there is a chance that these kids could actually be good players also? I guess the coaches that recruited are stupid too...How did they miss your kid?

Sorry, its all Ty's fault.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
getting your facts straight is the first step. Garlin was as 2016 reclassified. Feel free to search Youtube for his video where you will see he is listed as a 2016 initially.

get your facts correct before you blame everyone and point fingers at politics

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately some Canadians have to do a PG year to get D1 offer because they are a grade ahead of their USA conterparts. College coaches are not all that interested in 17 year olds arriving on campus in thier freshmen year.
As for hockey 98's play 98's cause they ask for birth certificates and you have to register. As for lacrosse that is not the case!!
Canadians can go to a tourney as a 15 year old (98) and play 2016 against 16 (97) and 17 (96) years olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some examples of Canadians
Ethan Walker - Denver/Culver #4 inside lax, born in 97 grade 12 is a 2016.
Jeff Teat - Cornell/Hill Academy, born 97 grade 12 is a 2016.
Riley Curtis - Denver born 98 grade 11 is a 2017.

USA/Canadian
Colin Munro - NC - born 98 grade 10 is a 2017

dont matter if ya reclass or not - if ya got the skills the Coaches will find ya!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you need to start referring to your sons as Shane.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly ranking now can be held again players that are not the high scorers in every game...I know that the long island boys often referred to in these blog represented 11 of the 15 goals scored by USA and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the LSM that was playing yesterday, I'd be hard pressed to think you were not impressed.

Why is it that we must bring down the kids instead of giving credit where it is due.

You are correct though, on any given day all these kids are stars and deserve the credit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the long island boys you are referring to scored 11 of the 15 goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately some Canadians have to do a PG year to get D1 offer because they are a grade ahead of their USA conterparts. College coaches are not all that interested in 17 year olds arriving on campus in thier freshmen year.
As for hockey 98's play 98's cause they ask for birth certificates and you have to register. As for lacrosse that is not the case!!
Canadians can go to a tourney as a 15 year old (98) and play 2016 against 16 (97) and 17 (96) years olds.

Canadians are not a year ahead, they would be the same as on Long Island if no one reclassified. A true, unclassified 2017 in Canada is born in 1999. The only difference is that there is no rule about being held back if you are born in the fall. The reason it might seem like they are a year ahead is because most good lax players head to prep schools where they reclassify. Most club teams used to be on age until they started heading down to MD and realized they were playing kids 1 or two years older. And that was fine when it was rising seniors getting recruited, but now with freshmen recruiting, that one year difference shows when you play teams like the Crabs or 3d.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

95 percent of sportswriters didn't play their respective sport in college! TV is different but come on guys at least rip on him for something he deserves...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% of sports writers are not 26 year olds and writing about children either. You are completely missing the point. Professional sports writers are writing about adult athletes who understand it is fair game and what comes with multimillion dollar contracts. There is accountability on both sides. Xanderss' deal is completely different. He is a 26 year old writing about young kid with no real background or expertise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty's report on stars and stripes just released. Only one Turtle praised. Not one you would expect so I do believe he was being fair!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on Ty's Standout?
#1 2017- Cam Garlin, A, Canada
#1 2016- Jared Hershman, F/O, USA
#1 2015- Jake Fox, A, Canada

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No good f/o guys in attendance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% of sports writers are not 26 year olds and writing about children either. You are completely missing the point. Professional sports writers are writing about adult athletes who understand it is fair game and what comes with multimillion dollar contracts. There is accountability on both sides. Xanderss' deal is completely different. He is a 26 year old writing about young kid with no real background or expertise.

Maybe there are plenty of people missing YOUR point. There are so few people who write about lacrosse recruits, its very popular with the kids and parents, and this guy only writes on the kids he feels played well. Can you imagine if he was critical? Your point seems to be he's overlooked your stud early recruit son. #getoverit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some examples of Canadians
Ethan Walker - Denver/Culver #4 inside lax, born in 97 grade 12 is a 2016.
Jeff Teat - Cornell/Hill Academy, born 97 grade 12 is a 2016.
Riley Curtis - Denver born 98 grade 11 is a 2017.

USA/Canadian
Colin Munro - NC - born 98 grade 10 is a 2017

dont matter if ya reclass or not - if ya got the skills the Coaches will find ya!!

Munro repeated 8th grade.

Page 13 of 45 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard