BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 31 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 30 31
Re: Conflicts! When HS Coaches Incorporate Summer Tournament Teams in Town
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are coaches allowed to ask for money for school fall ball and claim it's for gas money and time away from their families? Wondering if this is school policy?

Who is going to stop them?

Administration. Soliciting funds from players is not allowed at public schools.

How about extorting funds from players, is that allowed at public schools?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which high school has the worst Administration? Worst Athletic Director?

SWR by far has the worst BOE, super, AD and the absolute worst coach in the country.

Think about the concerns that you have. Where do the issues lie?

How many Ad's does a district have? Are there assistant Ad's? What is an Athletic Chair?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Paying for a coaches time for fall ball.

Don't bother doing it if ya can't ....

Some people are getting to big for their britches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain. Are HS coaches now charging to practice and play in the fall?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches? Players? Parents? Who is out of line? Who is getting to big for their britches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen a lot of Ward Melville/3V helmets at tryouts, are they losing kids to the summer club teams. Are there any other schools that still have kids who play exclusively for the school team in the summer ? How about WI, are they losing kids too ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen a lot of Ward Melville/3V helmets at tryouts, are they losing kids to the summer club teams. Are there any other schools that still have kids who play exclusively for the school team in the summer ? How about WI, are they losing kids too ?

Maybe it is those kids are no longer on the travel teams they were once on and looking for new homes and it is more visible to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top GC athletes to Chaminade......What was once a trickle is now a stampede.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As you may know Coach Huff has had a long standing policy of wanting ESM player to play for Team ESM only and discouraged playing for outside travel teams. We recently had a meeting with Coach Huff to review the upcoming season and future of Team ESM. He has reluctantly recognized the benefit of allowing players to participate in outside travel teams. Believe me he would much rather have the boys just play Team ESM. As try outs for outside travel teams are currently underway I feel obligate to let you know of Coach Huffs change in heart. We must stress that Team ESM should come first when there are conflicts with an outside travel team. We have a formal board meeting to address this issue on 9/22 but I felt inclined to let our team know in advance.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ward Melville kids have been playing on Travel Teams for years this is nothing new.

Going as far back as the WM Class of 2008. Some of the best kids played outside Club Ball. Ward Melville Class of 2011 had a bunch of kids who played for Outside Clubs. Many of the current college players from WM played for outside Club Teams while growing up. Class of 2017 has a lot of kids who play club lacrosse. Some of the current 2016 boys are now playing club as well and some of the 2015 have played club from time to time.

You use the term "losing" when referencing West Islip, as far as I know "All" of the boys from Ward Melville who have played Club Ball also played and contributed at Ward Melville. Ward Melville did not lose anyone. (unless you consider "losing" the kids who went to private school) But they did not go to private school as a result of playing club lacrosse)

Not sure what is currently happening at the younger grades but many current and past Ward Melville Players also played for Outside Club Teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What grad year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What grad year?

2018....not all, but many more top players than in past years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What grad year?

2018....not all, but many more top players than in past years.

Is this a sign of things to come? How does it look for 2019 & 2020?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny you mention esm as now the kids of the coaches and a school administrator double crossed there own friends parents and players tried out for travel teams and then told balance of players it was ok to do so after tryouts are pretty much closed
after they made money off others and had there kids play for free for several years
nice group of people

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny you mention esm as now the kids of the coaches and a school administrator double crossed there own friends parents and players tried out for travel teams and then told balance of players it was ok to do so after tryouts are pretty much closed
after they made money off others and had there kids play for free for several years
nice group of people

Let me get this straight, "The coaches and school administrator told you it was OK to play for a Club Lacrosse Team". Was there a time that the same coaches and administrator told you that you (your son) could not play for a Club Team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So section xi will become involved if schools are charging and making a profit for school travel?

Our school district will not even tell the community where all the lax money raised was spent on or who oversees the funds raised.

Puzzling. Public schools have so much freedom to do as they chose

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
Jessep: You're goddamn right I did!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Quoting movies. Someone hasn't much of a life lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nice group of people

Let me get this straight, "The coaches and school administrator told you it was OK to play for a Club Lacrosse Team". Was there a time that the same coaches and administrator told you that you (your son) could not play for a Club Team?

I don't understand why your coach would not let the kids play for a travel team. This would only benefit his program when the kids reach varsity. There must be another reason and if there is he or she does not care about winning. Not Good. What does the administraton have to do with summer lacrosse? Kids should have a choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quoting movies. Someone hasn't much of a life lol

Yes this person does, but it sounds strangely familiar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The B--- S--- meters in 3v just exploded!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The B--- S--- meters in 3v just exploded!
Ur ok I'm intrigued, care to offer any more ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
three village, my sons team played them last year in stonybrook, they were poorly coached and it showed in how dirty they started to play towards the end of the game with one of the coaches yelling to "Take that kid out".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
three village, my sons team played them last year in stonybrook, they were poorly coached and it showed in how dirty they started to play towards the end of the game with one of the coaches yelling to "Take that kid out".

What grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
aren't the JV years the biggest for recruiting these days and don't you want to play 2018, 2017 not a JV cluster on a random Travel team. If you are 2017 2016 you want to do showcases especially if you havnt had any interest. If you have interest why wouldn't you go to those School days and then play with your HS team so you can get the most out of your Jr Sr spring season. or find an "Uncommitted team".

your thoughts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are going to the Stony Brook tournament on Nov 17th? I can't seem to find any link with teams or college coaches attending.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard good pool of teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Care to elaborate? I know WM is not going or SW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What college coaches are going?

I heard Faber College is in.
The time has come for someone to put his foot down. And that foot is me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big changes coming with Rocky Point girls program, good for some terrible for others .

Good luck with that !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That program just tanked !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big changes coming with Rocky Point girls program, good for some terrible for others .

Good luck with that !!

OK, I'll bite. Please enlighten us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck with that !!

I heard this summer that one of the Varsity dads openly coaches the team from the stands? How does the Varsity coach allow that to happen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taken from the 2017 thread but it also happens at Public High Schools that have their own summer "Club Team". Coaches using player commits to further their own agenda.

- I've been around the DMV club scene as a parent and coach for a long time, and without shooting negatives at any one club or prep school, there is something important most people including Ty Xanders don't get. Some early verbals are outstanding players including many Turtles, but some are not. Those aren't diamonds in the rough, they are non-impact recruits. What is a non-impact recruit? Think Rudy in the Notre Dame movie. Here in the DMV you have clubs who need commits to survive and attract the next generation of competitive kids and parents. Some of the top lacrosse prep schools here have less than 100 kids per grade and 25 per grade who want to play D1 lacrosse and it is not too cynical to suggest enrollment would be hurt at these over $25K a year schools. College coaches are in a great position when pushy club or prep coach calls begging for him to take a player they think little of IF 1. It is made clear the family will pay full freight, 2. It is made clear the kid will be a walk-on and may even need to tryout to stay on the roster, 3. It is made clear the kid and family will be fulfilled to be a 4 year practice player with realistic hopes of getting into a blowout or two like Rudy, and 4. The kid plays for a club and goes to a prep school that will develop him into a good college practice player and maybe more as a pleasant surprise.

The DMV fills college roster benches with these kids by the bushel every year. For Dom Starsia and the rest it is like nothing down financing for what may be a useful player and they get a free option."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the DMV?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that dad is making deals to take position and is keeping it on the hush because there will be a uproar , pitchfork linching if its announced before season starts , and is taking all his girls up to varsity with him . Its amazing the small town gossip that gets around so fast !

Good luck with that !!

I heard this summer that one of the Varsity dads openly coaches the team from the stands? How does the Varsity coach allow that to happen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the DMV?

Delaware/Maryland/Virginia

Like Reply Quote