BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 170 of 327 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the fall rosters are out. what happened to 2019, can't field the 2 teams?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they are missing the rosters for LAx for Hope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All this talk about 2020 anyone know what is going on with 2019

You will have some new faces as well, the deal is part of the combo with the 2020 kids, so 2-3 from carro will be getting dropped down. it could have been worse there were a few kids from both age groups who decided not to go to yj, it could have easily been 4-5 kids getting pumped down at tose age groups - good luck if you're on the bottom third of the depth chart

How about 2021. We are in need of defense. Any good defenders coming over?

Nobody comes to the mighty Yellow Jackets with a right fielder. They only turn into a defender when they when the choices are get bumped down to a lower team or change your position. Prideful parents then tell their kids to change their positions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will have some new faces as well, the deal is part of the combo with the 2020 kids, so 2-3 from carro will be getting dropped down. it could have been worse there were a few kids from both age groups who decided not to go to yj, it could have easily been 4-5 kids getting pumped down at tose age groups - good luck if you're on the bottom third of the depth chart

Nobody comes to the mighty Yellow Jackets with a right fielder. They only turn into a defender when they when the choices are get bumped down to a lower team or change your position. Prideful parents then tell their kids to change their positions

What a [lacrosse]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the fall rosters are out. what happened to 2019, can't field the 2 teams?

I didn;t realize non-YJ's can play in fall tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome Top Gun Girls the 2020 and 2019 rosters are out and I see we have a couple of new girls playing this fall. I must of missed the try outs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're an idiot. Defense is the most important position on the field at this age other than goalie. All these girls can score goals. Many of them at will. But what are they learning. Becoming a two way player at the 5th/6th grade level is the best thing for them. Who knows how they will develop moving forward. M&D 2021 put their biggest and strongest kids on defense. Maybe that's why they were undefeated against 2021's and beat many 2020 and 2019 teams last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]when are the girls that are being bumped for these three even being made aware of the circumstances or are we going to extend the roster?

Why would they tell you who they will cut to make room? They'll get their tryout money, but 3 girls down to Jones and Jones will bump 3 down as well. By then you'll just be pissed, So if you're daughter was in the bottom 3 of the pecking order you probably know if she is or have an idea it could be her, be prepared for the shuffle.
Someone has to get bumped and everyone knows these girls are coming over with the new coach. Done deal.

This is a perfect example of the good and the bad of the YJ system of holding tryouts last. Everyone has a team to play on but if your kid is one of the ones bumped down you are stuck there for another year. If my kid was on the fringe I would be taking her to every other clubs try outs to see where she lands.

Thats all part of the plan by the time you get demoted all of the other tryouts have happened already. So you either accept your demotion or you don't play next summer. Keep an eye on those fall rosters kids that are moving will usually not be placed with their team.

Okay Einstein please tell us which team at lax for eating disorders team has the kids on the bubble in the 2020 age, you are so clueless.

Looks like the new TG girls are on the Blue team and the tryouts haven't even happened yet. Look at the rosters its pretty obvious who is on the bubble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]when are the girls that are being bumped for these three even being made aware of the circumstances or are we going to extend the roster?

Why would they tell you who they will cut to make room? They'll get their tryout money, but 3 girls down to Jones and Jones will bump 3 down as well. By then you'll just be pissed, So if you're daughter was in the bottom 3 of the pecking order you probably know if she is or have an idea it could be her, be prepared for the shuffle.
Someone has to get bumped and everyone knows these girls are coming over with the new coach. Done deal.

This is a perfect example of the good and the bad of the YJ system of holding tryouts last. Everyone has a team to play on but if your kid is one of the ones bumped down you are stuck there for another year. If my kid was on the fringe I would be taking her to every other clubs try outs to see where she lands.

Thats all part of the plan by the time you get demoted all of the other tryouts have happened already. So you either accept your demotion or you don't play next summer. Keep an eye on those fall rosters kids that are moving will usually not be placed with their team.

Okay Einstein please tell us which team at lax for eating disorders team has the kids on the bubble in the 2020 age, you are so clueless.

Looks like the new TG girls are on the Blue team and the tryouts haven't even happened yet. Look at the rosters its pretty obvious who is on the bubble.

Movement is to be expected year to year, but to get bumped on the fall roster by non YJ players is a harsh way to find out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Movement is to be expected year to year, but to get bumped on the fall roster by non YJ players is a harsh way to find out.

I dont see TG girls on the 2020 Roster. What are you talking about???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Long Island Express
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anyone have a thought on girls program @ Express?...from current/former participants?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont see TG girls on the 2020 Roster. What are you talking about???

Then you don't know who they are...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again which 2020 team has the kids on the bubble and looking at the lax for eating disorders rosters I do not see TG kids . You keep stating things yet are just another clueless moron . If Former TG kids whose parents were smart enough to jump off a sinking ship are placed on a team in the fall tournaments that would be a smart move by YJ , maybe they want to see them play some in order to figure out where they belong .

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by anonomous
Anyone have a thought on girls program @ Express?...from current/former participants?

I know nothing personally but a friend's daughter (HS age) has played for them for a few years and her parents are very happy. My personal feeling is to shy away from girls' teams under a boys' club umbrella, but like I said, my friend has no complaints.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why they have tryouts. There should be no non-yj playing in any of the fall tournaments. If there is, there are ping to be a lot of unhappy customers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again which 2020 team has the kids on the bubble and looking at the lax for eating disorders rosters I do not see TG kids . You keep stating things yet are just another clueless moron . If Former TG kids whose parents were smart enough to jump off a sinking ship are placed on a team in the fall tournaments that would be a smart move by YJ , maybe they want to see them play some in order to figure out where they belong .

Take a look at the Lax for the Cure and T3...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously are all of you YJ haters mental . What the [lacrosse] does take a look at Lax for the cure mean. What kind of retort is that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously are all of you YJ haters mental . What the [lacrosse] does take a look at Lax for the cure mean. What kind of retort is that.

Non YJ players are on those rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So curiosity made me go look, yes several kids in several age groups. Not new to this year however, I know for fact this has been done many, many times in years past. My daughter has played fall ball for YJ teams, while being a TG player, returning to TG tthe next season. The girls I see are jumping ship, good for them, why should they miss out on fall ball. Like someone said it is likely good for YJ to see them in game action.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's true. They are the ones listed on the rosters who don't have numbers. Shame on you CR. Website/registration says fall tournaments are only open to current (summer 2014) YJ players. I feel very sorry for the girls from 2020 blue who have been bumped by these two "outsiders" who haven't tried out yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's true. They are the ones listed on the rosters who don't have numbers. Shame on you CR. Website/registration says fall tournaments are only open to current (summer 2014) YJ players. I feel very sorry for the girls from 2020 blue who have been bumped by these two "outsiders" who haven't tried out yet.

You talk as if being on Blue is a permanent deal? Best kids make it and the others move down or out. This is a great way for YJ to see if they really fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More are coming to blue. More kids will be dropped

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You talk as if being on Blue is a permanent deal? Best kids make it and the others move down or out. This is a great way for YJ to see if they really fit.

Daddy is coaching, this isn't a tryout it's already done

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true the best kids will make it.. if you are a legacy kid, you have a permanent spot no matter what. Better girls will not make the team because of this fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true the best kids will make it.. if you are a legacy kid, you have a permanent spot no matter what. Better girls will not make the team because of this fact.
The try out format alone tells you that once on a team its nearly impossible to be bumped, unless underhanded deals and politics get the better of you. When you are told to wear your previous year pinnie to try outs you know the fix is in. A fair try out would have no names of schools, previous years numbers, affiliations or markings of any sort allowed to be worn on a player. Black shorts, white top, number supplied by club via pinnie, or marathon placard.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The try out format alone tells you that once on a team its nearly impossible to be bumped, unless underhanded deals and politics get the better of you. When you are told to wear your previous year pinnie to try outs you know the fix is in. A fair try out would have no names of schools, previous years numbers, affiliations or markings of any sort allowed to be worn on a player. Black shorts, white top, number supplied by club via pinnie, or marathon placard.

I've been to one YJ tryout and it was as you stated. It's a complete lack of pretense of a level playing field. I know in reality the evaluators know who is who and on which team the girl played last year, but it's just really off-putting to show up and see the blue girls off on their own, having a private tryout while the rest of the age group is lumped together.

Why do they do this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I have seen over the years, there is very little to no movement on top teams. This summer seems to have been the most # of moves. Non=YJ playing in fall tournaments is shame, CR should be ashamed of herself. But from what I have experienced the word "Elite" does not matter much anymore, it's all about the money! Great business woman, but have seen some very poor choices! And no, I am not a parent with an axe to grind, my daughter is exactly where she should be, and that's not on a blue team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You TG people are pathetic, the tryouts are rigged because the kids who were on the blue team wear blue pinnies yet you feel bad for the kids who are getting " bumped" . Are those kids that are getting bumped not wearing blue pinnies? Every year kids move up and kids move down , no team placement is not strictly based on how you do at tryouts which I do not feel it should be. A coach gets a better look at a kid watching them play 30 games and 15 practices then they do at a 2 hour tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are just so ignorant, explain then how you have kids on blue with their sisters on lower level teams , actually pretty common. Why post such moronic things when all you need to do is look it up when rosters are out. You are either a parent of a kid who is on a lower level team and are looking for someone to blame or a TG parent trying to stir the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes what is going with the 2018 and 2019 yj teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or how about there are girls on the 2020 blue with sisters on some older current YJ team. Not the other way around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget to bring a ball that you will donate to the YJ nation!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every player and parent should welcome the idea of improving the team you play for every year by upgrading at least a few players each year. If these elite teams kept the same roster from the first year, they would not remain elite. The only people who may not like the idea of improving the team would be the girls and parents likely to get moved down. I have been in the position of moving up with daughters and moving down and gladly accept the fact the they can and should get moved. In reality if your daughter is on the bottom of any team roster, she will likely have a better role and experience on the team below. Shame on CR? No way, she has this one correct!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true at 2021 as well. Siblings get a free ride

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every player and parent should welcome the idea of improving the team you play for every year by upgrading at least a few players each year. If these elite teams kept the same roster from the first year, they would not remain elite. The only people who may not like the idea of improving the team would be the girls and parents likely to get moved down. I have been in the position of moving up with daughters and moving down and gladly accept the fact the they can and should get moved. In reality if your daughter is on the bottom of any team roster, she will likely have a better role and experience on the team below. Shame on CR? No way, she has this one correct!

I have no problem with "improving the team," as you call it. My problem is that CR is making us each pay her money for a tryout where there is no actual evaluation of talent. Deals are made ahead of time. Haven't we established that over and over here?

My complaint is that not everyone gets an equal chance to showcase their talent. To put is simply - it is not a fair format. It's a for profit farce.

When CR puts outside players on the fall tournament rosters, she shoves this farce in our faces.

I stand by my previous statement - shame on you CR. But I will also add this - shame on me for continuing to take it year after year. Thank goodness my daughter loves her coach and teammates. Thank goodness she has no idea what a vile business youth sports have become.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or how about there are girls on the 2020 blue with sisters on some older current YJ team. Not the other way around.

Not sure what you are trying to say

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ players and parents don't let the cowards on these sites bother you. Guarantee they would never speak their mind to anyone in person because they are too afraid . Feel bad for your kids knowing they have such a weasel for a parent , you know they are embarrassed and tired of your constant it's not fair nonsense . Instead of making excuses tell you kid to pick up their stick and practice .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ players and parents don't let the cowards on these sites bother you. Guarantee they would never speak their mind to anyone in person because they are too afraid . Feel bad for your kids knowing they have such a weasel for a parent , you know they are embarrassed and tired of your constant it's not fair nonsense . Instead of making excuses tell you kid to pick up their stick and practice .

Or pay for personal training from your coach, clinic and camps!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So says the cowardly weasel , feel sorry for your kid will probably grow up to be just like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So says the cowardly weasel , feel sorry for your kid will probably grow up to be just like you.

So if the roster talent is relatively even in the middle or the bottom of the roster you honestly don't think that the kids that pay for extra training or camps or that have siblings that are also paying in don't get preferential treatment? Come on man!

Like Reply Quote
Page 170 of 327 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard