BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 169 of 327 1 2 167 168 169 170 171 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed of the three that are rumored to be going to YJ Curcio only the one that played with the 2019 TG black team will have any impact, suspected new assistant kid is not as good as any starter on YJ Curcio and 3rd kid is borderline to even make team (of course excluding back door deals). Those are facts two of the kids are mediocre at best other is a very good player.

Wow , nice job breaking down some 11 y.o.kids. Now lets break down an adult who comes on here to write such things about kids. Most likely has a kid who is borderline okay but he thinks the kid is better than that, most likely is type of person that people describe as a weasel, probably is impotent and his ex-wife was happy about it, probably nice to these peoples faces but talks behind their backs because he is a coward.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People you are talking about 11 year old girls like its the World Cup Team. My daughter is on TG 20 Black. I wish that both kids that are being rumored to leave would stay! Both are very talented young girls that have a great lacrosse IQ. YJ will be fortunate to have them! As for the other girl that played up on 19 Black I have never seen her play but from what I have heard she can flat out play. Again YJ will be fortunate to have her as well. All of this back and forth over kids leaving and what team will be better is not worth all of this time and effort. Kids will come and go from all of the club teams as the years go on. Let them leave and wish them well. Remember you are doing this for college recruiting. I can tell you for a fact that not one college coach will ever ask you who your daughters club team won or lost to in 6th or 7th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the parents in the 2020 age group should just go away. This is already an unbearable group at 7th grade. When they get to HS and some start playing the recruiting game its going to get worse. The parents make it really hard to root for anyone in this age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said... if you don't care about wins and losses why not Follow your coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]All the parents in the 2020 age group should just go away. This is already an unbearable group at 7th grade. When they get to HS and some start playing the recruiting game its going to get worse. The parents make it really hard to root for anyone in this age group. [/quote

It's not ALL of us! Some of us just sit quietly and enjoy watching our daughters play lax! We do not say our daughter is the best, we doñt talk about other kids and we are only concerned with our own daughters. If your daughter is "that good". You shouldn't have to tell everyone, everyone will tell you!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]All the parents in the 2020 age group should just go away. This is already an unbearable group at 7th grade. When they get to HS and some start playing the recruiting game its going to get worse. The parents make it really hard to root for anyone in this age group. [/quote

It's not ALL of us! Some of us just sit quietly and enjoy watching our daughters play lax! We do not say our daughter is the best, we doñt talk about other kids and we are only concerned with our own daughters. If your daughter is "that good". You shouldn't have to tell everyone, everyone will tell you!!

The real problem is not parents boasting about their own kids, its parents cutting other kids down. Jealousy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the parents in the 2020 age group should just go away. This is already an unbearable group at 7th grade. When they get to HS and some start playing the recruiting game its going to get worse. The parents make it really hard to root for anyone in this age group.

We are on the YJ's but not the top team, it's not terrible but it's still not great. We have parents that talk and know more about the other teams than our own and they seem to like when the other team and I guess the kids stumble. Now they are really are talking about the fall, tryouts and the make up of the teams for next summer. It's like the real housewives of somewhere. There are politics everywhere. Some kids are going to get .75 scholarship some will playing D3 and other will stop playing all together. My daughter can play 24 hours a day and will never be a top D1 recruit and its ok. Just enjoy your daughter and sit by yourself!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said... if you don't care about wins and losses why not Follow your coach?

I will not follow the coach because I am happy with TG and my daughter is happy with TG. TG is a solid club that produces for it's players. Any start up is too much of a risk especially when it is tied to a boys club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when are the girls that are being bumped for these three even being made aware of the circumstances or are we going to extend the roster?

Why would they tell you who they will cut to make room? They'll get their tryout money, but 3 girls down to Jones and Jones will bump 3 down as well. By then you'll just be pissed, So if you're daughter was in the bottom 3 of the pecking order you probably know if she is or have an idea it could be her, be prepared for the shuffle.
Someone has to get bumped and everyone knows these girls are coming over with the new coach. Done deal.

Well if a new asst coach is coming w his daughter, maybe that means the old asst coach is leaving and so is her daughter. Sounds reasonable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ignorance....produces what...practices were kids run threw some drills...zero productive feed back....you have no clue...get the value for your buck....what does boys program ties have to do with it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ignorance....produces what...practices were kids run threw some drills...zero productive feed back....you have no clue...get the value for your buck....what does boys program ties have to do with it?

Any boys program so far on LI that has started a girls program has yet to produce an A team on any level. It is just a fact. I don't know why but we have all heard it before on botc "after thought to the boys program".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]when are the girls that are being bumped for these three even being made aware of the circumstances or are we going to extend the roster?

Why would they tell you who they will cut to make room? They'll get their tryout money, but 3 girls down to Jones and Jones will bump 3 down as well. By then you'll just be pissed, So if you're daughter was in the bottom 3 of the pecking order you probably know if she is or have an idea it could be her, be prepared for the shuffle.
Someone has to get bumped and everyone knows these girls are coming over with the new coach. Done deal.

Well if a new asst coach is coming w his daughter, maybe that means the old asst coach is leaving and so is her daughter. Sounds reasonable.

If you knew the relationship between the coach in question and CR you would know that is not an option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]when are the girls that are being bumped for these three even being made aware of the circumstances or are we going to extend the roster?

If you knew the relationship between the coach in question and CR you would know that is not an option.

True...F&F.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when are the girls that are being bumped for these three even being made aware of the circumstances or are we going to extend the roster?

YJ 2020 team has 4 good coaches and now will have 5 , it will make little difference from a coaching perspective to add 1 more and all the coaches know its Curcios team. The F&F comment is one of the things that make YJ so strong , its what will end up destroying TG no friends just family sleeping on the benches when they should be coaching. You know what sounds reasonable is that you Gossip Girls need to get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me where the 2021 teams practice?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being the biggest club also means they have the most politics that's a fact. You just have to be comfortable with some people getting screwed because they aren't connected in the inner circle. If you can ride out the storm and hopefully not get caught in the cross hairs the YJ's will afford you the best opportunity to get noticed and recruited. If you are not looking for lifetime friends and just looking to play some really good lacrosse you can't go wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you are talking about. The girl is amazing and belongs on that team. Anyone who has watched her play would know that. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love this reply.. Real Housewives... So true and I'm sure their girls really don't give a crap as long as their having fun ! People really forget where they come from..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Being the biggest club also means they have the most politics that's a fact. You just have to be comfortable with some people getting screwed because they aren't connected in the inner circle. If you can ride out the storm and hopefully not get caught in the cross hairs the YJ's will afford you the best opportunity to get noticed and recruited. If you are not looking for lifetime friends and just looking to play some really good lacrosse you can't go wrong. [/quo

The only fact is you are such a moron you don't know what a fact is. Why do you think your club families have a better chance at making lifetime friends, that's just idiotic. No offense but look at TG ,kids and families leaving in droves and a lot of the decisions to leave do not seem lacrosse based.You have multiple kids from multiple age groups leaving the top teams , that is not a good sign. The only fact is you had a lot of kids and families leave your top teams while YJ seems to have little or no movement from their top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why...you get noticed if you can play...you people are silly...doesn't matter were you play...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
name one good coach at YJ 2020...what makes them good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Being the biggest club also means they have the most politics that's a fact. You just have to be comfortable with some people getting screwed because they aren't connected in the inner circle. If you can ride out the storm and hopefully not get caught in the cross hairs the YJ's will afford you the best opportunity to get noticed and recruited. If you are not looking for lifetime friends and just looking to play some really good lacrosse you can't go wrong. [/quo

The only fact is you are such a moron you don't know what a fact is. Why do you think your club families have a better chance at making lifetime friends, that's just idiotic. No offense but look at TG ,kids and families leaving in droves and a lot of the decisions to leave do not seem lacrosse based.You have multiple kids from multiple age groups leaving the top teams , that is not a good sign. The only fact is you had a lot of kids and families leave your top teams while YJ seems to have little or no movement from their top teams.

Where did it say anything about TG? Did it not say YJ has the best talent and is the best place to play to get noticed? The only reference it made was that there are a lot of politics and that if they don't get caught up in the parent BS they will be fine. Don't be so defensive. But your reply shows you are a parent I wouldn't want to be sitting next to on the sideline!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did it say anything about TG? Did it not say YJ has the best talent and is the best place to play to get noticed? The only reference it made was that there are a lot of politics and that if they don't get caught up in the parent BS they will be fine. Don't be so defensive. But your reply shows you are a parent I wouldn't want to be sitting next to on the sideline!

Then why throw in the if you are not looking for lifetime friends nonsense.Dont worry about sitting next to me on the sidelines as I generally sit with many of the friends I have made over the years at YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people crack me up!!! LOL. I'm not affiliated with any girls program and visit BOC for the info on the boys programs but I always stop by your threads to get a laugh. You people are completely insane, but laughable so I thank you for that. Keep up the bickering, infighting, accusations, name calling, and program bashing. Without all of you clowns, what would I do on my lunch break?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could name multiple good coaches but some moron would probably just post some childish nonsense about them . What I will say is at the 2020 age there are many coaches who have experience playing the game at a high level and coaching the game at a high level. Some have been assistants to many of the best and most successful coaches in the game at both the high school and college levels. The top team alone has 4 coaches , 3 of which I believe are former or current all Americans .They run a great practice and most importantly the kids adore them and have a lot of fun. Say what you want but no other lax club has the number of experienced lacrosse coaches that YJ does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then why throw in the if you are not looking for lifetime friends nonsense.Dont worry about sitting next to me on the sidelines as I generally sit with many of the friends I have made over the years at YJ.

They are travel parents they will carve you up when you are not around and poo poo whatever offer your daughter gets because it definitely wont be as good as theirs. Very hard to find someone that truly has your back on most any travel sideline. I have found only a handful and they are usually the weaker kids parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could name multiple good coaches but some moron would probably just post some childish nonsense about them . What I will say is at the 2020 age there are many coaches who have experience playing the game at a high level and coaching the game at a high level. Some have been assistants to many of the best and most successful coaches in the game at both the high school and college levels. The top team alone has 4 coaches , 3 of which I believe are former or current all Americans .They run a great practice and most importantly the kids adore them and have a lot of fun. Say what you want but no other lax club has the number of experienced lacrosse coaches that YJ does.

Great player doesn't mean great coach, sorry!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen...and there is a ton of favoritism.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the TG thread?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was wondering the same things... Some funny stuff is going on on BOTC. Forum here one day, next day it's gone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was wondering the same things... Some funny stuff is going on on BOTC. Forum here one day, next day it's gone.

It's there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's there

Where?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why...you get noticed if you can play...you people are silly...doesn't matter were you play...

Sure...go look at the alumni pages on the top club websites (YJ and M&D for example) and then pick some second tier clubs and do the same. Tell me what you see.

Go to a showcase event and look at who's standing on the sidelines watching the top teams play. Then go watch the Metro vs. Storm game at the same age and tell me what you see.

Now tell me about the one kid who never played club who went on to Syracuse, Maryland or Northwestern to try to make your silly case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one said it does, but certainly does not hurt. You seem to ignore the parts about their coaching experience etc..What makes a coach good to a player is different for many players. I like a coach with some experience as a coach and a coach that gives out correction, some like coaches who are all positive and tell every kid how wonderful they are . If you want to be quantitative than I guess you could say the YJ 2020 coaches have alot of experience coaching girls lacrosse , more so than most organizationa have in every age group combined. 3 of the 4 are currently coaching at the high school level and the other is 1 of the best players in the country at the moment .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one said it does, but certainly does not hurt. You seem to ignore the parts about their coaching experience etc..What makes a coach good to a player is different for many players. I like a coach with some experience as a coach and a coach that gives out correction, some like coaches who are all positive and tell every kid how wonderful they are . If you want to be quantitative than I guess you could say the YJ 2020 coaches have alot of experience coaching girls lacrosse , more so than most organizationa have in every age group combined. 3 of the 4 are currently coaching at the high school level and the other is 1 of the best players in the country at the moment .

One step further, HS coach DEFINITELY does not equal good coach!!! Some HS coaches are terrible!Some are wonderful but more are mediocre and bad than good. CAnt make these statements about players and HS coaches make good club coaches. Club should be held to ahigher standard because we are paying for a service

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One step further, HS coach DEFINITELY does not equal good coach!!! Some HS coaches are terrible!Some are wonderful but more are mediocre and bad than good. CAnt make these statements about players and HS coaches make good club coaches. Club should be held to ahigher standard because we are paying for a service

Anyone with access to the internet, the time and desire to do it can coach any sport. PS - most HS coaches are mostly in the right place at athe right time and could have just easily got the driver ed gig instead

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see a few teams going to Florida again this Fall? The people in this group have to approaching 10 grand a year. Thats the number that is never spoken about. Everyone tells you the scholorship offer, but the money it cost to get it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this talk about 2020 anyone know what is going on with 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will have some new faces as well, the deal is part of the combo with the 2020 kids, so 2-3 from carro will be getting dropped down. it could have been worse there were a few kids from both age groups who decided not to go to yj, it could have easily been 4-5 kids getting pumped down at tose age groups - good luck if you're on the bottom third of the depth chart

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will have some new faces as well, the deal is part of the combo with the 2020 kids, so 2-3 from carro will be getting dropped down. it could have been worse there were a few kids from both age groups who decided not to go to yj, it could have easily been 4-5 kids getting pumped down at tose age groups - good luck if you're on the bottom third of the depth chart

How about 2021. We are in need of defense. Any good defenders coming over?

Like Reply Quote
Page 169 of 327 1 2 167 168 169 170 171 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard