BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,959
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 45 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So since you're posting on 2017 thread I'm guessing from your question that he was not invited last year. Based on that assumption you should know that a large majority of the 2017's LAST SUMMER that were at maverick were already committed or did so while they were there or shortly thereafter. They all still went. Was an incredible experience to meet their future teammates. I am not sure what the 2nd yr for 2017's will bring. But I say heck ya. If he does anything next summer he should so maverick.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone's son had the misfortune of receiving the "Jake Reed" classless rejection letter?
"We are NOT extending an invite to our showcase camp" :|

Really Jake??? Is that the best word smithing you can come up with for $75 PER APPLICATION FEE... I'm guessing his editing staff doesn't have a 14 year old at home.

I hope that the lacrosse community wises up to total exploitation by Jake.

Jake Reed, Jamie Munro, and company are a bunch of self promoting low life money grabbers. Jamie used the money he made off his organization to hold his own kid back. Total loser! My son never went and is top ranked. Stay away. Showtime is a much better option, classy!

Easy on JM...to correct you he used the money he collected to contract a private jet to watch the superbowl at metlife last year. Just check his tweets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone's son had the misfortune of receiving the "Jake Reed" classless rejection letter?

Really Jake??? Is that the best word smithing you can come up with for $75 PER APPLICATION FEE... I'm guessing his editing staff doesn't have a 14 year old at home.

They why did you apply? Jake Reed has been going downhill for the last few years, talk to the college coaches. Philly Showcase in the Fall, and Maverik, Black Card and Under Armour are the only showcases worth paying for for top end players in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay we just got a Showtime invite and my kid just verbally committed but has not taken an ACT or SAT, he is a good student but he is going to a program that requires good scores. As with all early commitments if the coach leaves he could be SOL. Do we spend the money on Showtime? I am leaning towards "yes". This early commit thing is a double edged sword. I wouldn't send him to any other showcase events.
Yes no quesitons asked. Will be a $695 well spent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jake Reed, Jamie Munro, and company are a bunch of self promoting low life money grabbers. Jamie used the money he made off his organization to hold his own kid back. Total loser! My son never went and is top ranked. Stay away. Showtime is a much better option, classy!

Easy on JM...to correct you he used the money he collected to contract a private jet to watch the superbowl at metlife last year. Just check his tweets.

Correct. Munro also tweeted he was in some mens room at some ritzy Yacht Club a couple of weeks ago. The angry lax mom twitter rips him all the time its funny. He flaunts his $$ on twitter at times for sure, I don't follow him anymore.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. Munro also tweeted he was in some mens room at some ritzy Yacht Club a couple of weeks ago. The angry lax mom twitter rips him all the time its funny. He flaunts his $$ on twitter at times for sure, I don't follow him anymore.

It's called new money. Doesn't know how to handle it but give the guy credit for making it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just checked out the angry lax mom twitter. Seriously funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What lacrosse consumers need to realize is the golden goose right now is events. Tournaments, showcases and showcase tournaments. If there was not an NCAA rule against it, these guys would pay NCAA coaches to come to them to add to their promotion banners. Running a club is work, and not nearly all of it is cash flow to the owner. Why do you think Adrenaline, the so called kings of the apparel category in lacrosse, bought an events company over the summer? Same reason robbers rob banks; that's where the money is. I am not outraged over it, but do consider this to be pathetic and puts the sport in a pathetic light as a rich white kid's prep school kid sport. Give Jamie Munro some credit, he realized something which is recruiting has become a pay for play arena and he is setting up a toll booth between your sons and the 3d or IL hypsters and the NCAA coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to Showtime over Jake Reed. It's much better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just checked out the angry lax mom twitter. Seriously funny.

I just read a bunch of the old post along with the photos she posted! OMG. lol.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a comprehensive list of verbally committed 2017s anywhere? The one on IL does not seem to have been updated recently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 parent here - looking for feedback on the Fab Frosh Lacrosse Showcase. Any one attend in 2014? Worthwhile? Thanks for any thoughts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son went and enjoyed it there were a lot of coaches not all d1 but had great experience

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went last year and the year before with my other son. The first year it was great. Last year, not so great and I don't think I'm taking my son to Supersophs this year. I thought that there was only a handful of coaches there and they only stayed between two fields. Therefore, your son only really got exposure from one game. My opinion is that it is not worth wasting another summer day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went last year and the year before with my other son. The first year it was great. Last year, not so great and I don't think I'm taking my son to Supersophs this year. I thought that there was only a handful of coaches there and they only stayed between two fields. Therefore, your son only really got exposure from one game. My opinion is that it is not worth wasting another summer day.

My son went this summer as a freshman. He didn't think there were a lot of coaches. He wont be going to SuperSophs - his choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son also went to Fab Frosh. Not a lot of coaches, crappy fields, too many kids. He will not be going to Super Sophs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were pleased and going to supersophs. Fun day of lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fab frosh was great. my son made all-star team, already signed up for duper sophs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fab frosh is a great first recruiting tournament to experience. They take 250 boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island High School Senior Cut From Football For Being Too Old

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/09...ior-cut-from-football-for-being-too-old/

Express and 91 encourage him to take up lax and reclassify as a 2017. MIAA is sending the recruit squad "how'd we miss this guy"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of any 2017 teams that are going to the Fall Terrapin Classic? Do many recruiters attend this event?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express and 91 encourage him to take up lax and reclassify as a 2017. MIAA is sending the recruit squad "how'd we miss this guy"
Family moved to Maryland and he is now a Sophmore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of any 2017 teams that are going to the Fall Terrapin Classic? Do many recruiters attend this event?

Well attended, many of the top Md clubs play in this event

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is sad- exceptions should be made in individual cases, especially since the kid had such a rough start and his height/weight wouldn't jeopardize any other student. I hope he can appeal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ""2017 USA" team lost to Canada by a goal in OT. It was a very good game! A young man from Canada, Cam Garlin had SIX goals including the game winner. He was never ranked, watch list or mentioned by either Ty Xanders or 3D guy. Garlin is not committed either. Kinda makes you scratch your head a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ""2017 USA" team lost to Canada by a goal in OT. It was a very good game! A young man from Canada, Cam Garlin had SIX goals including the game winner. He was never ranked, watch list or mentioned by either Ty Xanders or 3D guy. Garlin is not committed either. Kinda makes you scratch your head a bit.

Interesting! How did the turtle boys do? Only one I heard did anything was unranked/uncommitted one #scam

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting! How did the turtle boys do? Only one I heard did anything was unranked/uncommitted one #scam

You heard wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who were the points leaders from each team? Looked at a twitter feed of game and only saw the two highly ranked most famous turtles name once. Like 1 goal each in game looks like several non turtle names got the most points except the turtle who is not ranked/committed who was there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bottom line is IL rankings reflect the LI and Maryland overbearing influences of the club and prep school programs. The bottom line on 3d is their list reflects a Daddy payments All-America team to 3d events...BFE 64, Blue Chip, JR, etc. There are likely tons of great players in Canada, Florida, California, etc. going to tournaments and outplaying the hot bed kids and wondering why they are not getting noticed. What does Ty Xanders do now? He does not seem to be employed by anyone. Is he basically a freelance events writer? Gee, THAT would not look like a conflict of interest to take pay from guys running Philly Showcase or whatever to do write ups pumping their kids up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You heard wrong.

Ok, so let's hear the stats!!
Unless of course they are not flattering for your son

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bottom line is IL rankings reflect the LI and Maryland overbearing influences of the club and prep school programs. The bottom line on 3d is their list reflects a Daddy payments All-America team to 3d events...BFE 64, Blue Chip, JR, etc. There are likely tons of great players in Canada, Florida, California, etc. going to tournaments and outplaying the hot bed kids and wondering why they are not getting noticed. What does Ty Xanders do now? He does not seem to be employed by anyone. Is he basically a freelance events writer? Gee, THAT would not look like a conflict of interest to take pay from guys running Philly Showcase or whatever to do write ups pumping their kids up.

He works for a big LI daddy now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with you. There are also great Maryland, Long Island & Philly kids that were left off those list besides the kids from Canada, Fla, California etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really??? You mean physically big or $$$ big or both?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$$$$, Rumor is!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$$$$, Rumor is!

So who is it? Why is it such a secret? People have asked him on twitter when he refers to his new job and he ignores the question. Sort of makes it more interesting, as to why he talks of his new job, but does not want to disclose what he is doing. Anyway, I for one like his banter. Do not think he rules the world like some do- but he has a sarcastic edge that I like. I wish him luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$$$$, Rumor is!

So who is it? Why is it such a secret? People have asked him on twitter when he refers to his new job and he ignores the question. Sort of makes it more interesting, as to why he talks of his new job, but does not want to disclose what he is doing. Anyway, I for one like his banter. Do not think he rules the world like some do- but he has a sarcastic edge that I like. I wish him luck.

I agree, like the guy, I'm sure it will come out soon, then let the floodgates open!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be because he just became a 2017 even though he is in grade 11. Thought 2017's were in grade 10, so yeah, that kinda makes me scratch my head a bit!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does it say about the credibility of a sport when a kid a few years out of high school who neither played high school or college level lacrosse is the most widely followed expert in the sport?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be because he just became a 2017 even though he is in grade 11. Thought 2017's were in grade 10, so yeah, that kinda makes me scratch my head a bit!

Obviously your son is VERY good because he made the Stars and stripes team. So I assume your boy must play varsity, aren't those JRs & SRs older in school ball also? Stop crying already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were to ask those who follow other sports what they thought of a twentysomething year-old who barely played high school lacrosse never coached the game and never graduated college or play the game in college their thoughts on his rankings of high school players as the "standard". They would look at you and say you are NUTS!!! Wake up people!!

And if you can't figure out who's writing his checks. We could all give a darn good guess.
Interesting that he also that he covered Stars and Stripes . There are a lot of turtles on that roster? I guess they have their own PR person now. Who even heard of the Stars and Stripes before today when Ty Xanders covered it. This is getting silly now

Page 12 of 45 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard