BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 45 46
Re: Boys 2024 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
About 40 boys at the 91 tryout. Wolfpack parents talking about how they are likely taking the roster down in size.

And then 91 collects less, I don't see it and I am a 91 parent.

supposedly 3 teams this year so will just stuff the B & C rosters

Where do the 91 teams practice in the fall and spring?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About 40 boys at the 91 tryout. Wolfpack parents talking about how they are likely taking the roster down in size.

I wouldn't play on a C team, my son played B last year and that was tough to watch sometimes. 91 seems to have it together, but a C team? No way, and I am sorry, but no one tells their kid that the C team is what you are looking for. What was that commercial, "I aspire to be middle management".

Just doesn't seem like it would be good on a C team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some kids benefit as a top player on a C team as oppose to a role player on a B team. That confidence boost and a little growth and you may have an A player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't play on a C team, my son played B last year and that was tough to watch sometimes. 91 seems to have it together, but a C team? No way, and I am sorry, but no one tells their kid that the C team is what you are looking for. What was that commercial, "I aspire to be middle management".

Too bad most of these smaller organizations only team is a C team. Rather be on a C team with an organization that provides the top coaching than some of these others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some kids benefit as a top player on a C team as oppose to a role player on a B team. That confidence boost and a little growth and you may have an A player

Provided the coaching is good.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this age, C Team = PAL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too bad most of these smaller organizations only team is a C team. Rather be on a C team with an organization that provides the top coaching than some of these others.

Could be the best coach in the world but if no commitment then doesn't matter. Ask a parent from 91 titans or express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be the best coach in the world but if no commitment then doesn't matter. Ask a parent from 91 titans or express

And the Titans were the "B" Team and Express was their "A" Team in 2024. The 91 team was bad and express was worse. And with so few 2nd grade teams, they played 2/3 and got beat up. Maybe this year as third grade teams they might win a little as the 91 team may have gotten better, but they still will not be very good even if they return a lot of kids and do much more team training. if you ask me the "B" team will be poor and I bet the "C" team will really stink.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big name coach that didn't want to be there but helped out so his kid could play. Recipe for disaster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Especially of the kid wants nothing to do with the sport. Been said before but I'll say it again big name doesn't always equate to a good coach

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big tryout weekend. Igloo vs 91 vs Legacy. Who is going to get the best of the best?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are in 3rd grade...You NEED to get a life you loser...Best of the Best??? They still play with legos at that age...is your guy shaving??? maybe you left him back 2x and he should be a 2022...tou should stay off this blog

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's 91 or legacy. Not igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big tryout weekend. Igloo vs 91 vs Legacy. Who is going to get the best of the best?

91 will hve the best players locked down before invites are out for igloo or legacy. If igloo were smart they would send invites out after 2nd tryout on Sunday and use the following weekend as a first practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are in 3rd grade...You NEED to get a life you loser...Best of the Best??? They still play with legos at that age...is your guy shaving??? maybe you left him back 2x and he should be a 2022...tou should stay off this blog

Yep can't wait to watch my holdback dominate. Don't worry express will need #s for their 2/3rd team so your kid will have a spot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 8 year old plays with LEGOS still? If that's the case get off the field, he's going to be let down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is my first post ever. I came across this post scanning the active topic threads. I have to say that I am thoroughly disappointed in the degradation of these threads. My little guy loves lax but the way many parents communicate on this site makes a parent almost embarrassed to be part of the sport. My only saving grace is I know many families with national level athletes in lax and other sports and they do not behave this way. Why? Because they are focused on their child, not everyone else. Their children succeed because their parents did not get caught up in superficial distractions that would consume too much time from their child’s goals and happiness. It takes ALOT of work and dedication to support your child and their love of the game. As a parent you just do not have the time to carry on like this and bash each other. We all recognize that we are all in the same boat and respect that. If you truly want your child to succeed, research shows that it is beneficial for a child to participate in multiple sports and activities for complementary skill development and to prevent injury and burn out (By the way, Legos develop spatial reasoning skills which no one will refute is highly necessary for a great middie). And my last advice for the parents that are new to club or highly competitive sports is the world of lax or any other sport is a small one. Coaches move around, clubs come and go, children move on to other teams. Reputations do precede themselves. How you behave and how your child behaves from watching your behavior can haunt you later. You want your child to be the star/stud, then you need to act like one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is my first post ever. I came across this post scanning the active topic threads. I have to say that I am thoroughly disappointed in the degradation of these threads. My little guy loves lax but the way many parents communicate on this site makes a parent almost embarrassed to be part of the sport. My only saving grace is I know many families with national level athletes in lax and other sports and they do not behave this way. Why? Because they are focused on their child, not everyone else. Their children succeed because their parents did not get caught up in superficial distractions that would consume too much time from their child’s goals and happiness. It takes ALOT of work and dedication to support your child and their love of the game. As a parent you just do not have the time to carry on like this and bash each other. We all recognize that we are all in the same boat and respect that. If you truly want your child to succeed, research shows that it is beneficial for a child to participate in multiple sports and activities for complementary skill development and to prevent injury and burn out (By the way, Legos develop spatial reasoning skills which no one will refute is highly necessary for a great middie). And my last advice for the parents that are new to club or highly competitive sports is the world of lax or any other sport is a small one. Coaches move around, clubs come and go, children move on to other teams. Reputations do precede themselves. How you behave and how your child behaves from watching your behavior can haunt you later. You want your child to be the star/stud, then you need to act like one.

Amen brother! Respect the game...respect teammates, coaches, officials, opponents and their coaches. And Parents, please show some civility towards one another; on the sidelines and on the message boards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was igloo? I missed the first two tryouts. Was banking on returning to 91 Wolfpack but was offered spot on a B team instead. Any shot if just showing up for last tryout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would go to Legacy tryouts next weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was igloo? I missed the first two tryouts. Was banking on returning to 91 Wolfpack but was offered spot on a B team instead. Any shot if just showing up for last tryout?

If your kid played for the Wolfpack last year then he can play for the Igloo 24 team. They have plenty of good kids, but sure do need depth. Give it a try, there is room I bet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo has lots of good kids. You need to act fast because they only have one left. Also the cost has gone down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard they had a few kids that didn't not show because of other sports. And some of them are in between igloo and hurricanes . Should be some spots

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did calls go out for 91 2024?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Results are not out, are they?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't think they are out but I got a call as a heads up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would go to Legacy tryouts next weekend

Thx. I read there was 50 kids there this past weekend. Is that true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Wolfpack was a tough team to make. The team is stacked with top level boys. Its going to be hard for any team to beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy will be there with them. Two top teams at age group for sure. We will see soon enough!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be a great season. Got to respect 8 year olds that play at this level. Tough sport. I'm partial to the 'pack, but want to see good competitive games. Wolfpack vs Legacy> Lets get it on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy will be there with them. Two top teams at age group for sure. We will see soon enough!

Ty Xanders 2024 Pre season rankings

wolfpack
legacy
igloo
outlaws
titans
empire
Tue Blue
Millon
express
fl$
Jesters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are 2024 91 results out? Have calls been made?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say anyone the did not make the wolfpack should try and go for igloo's last tryout. The coaching and commitment will be so much better then the B team. Plus in the long run the price will be the same with the add ons(DLT/Winter indoor practice fee/extra's)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaching for sure. Barone is great and clearly very into it. Also if you don't live in eastern suffolk both 91 teams practices are very far
I would say anyone the did not make the wolfpack should try and go for igloo's last tryout. The coaching and commitment will be so much better then the B team. Plus in the long run the price will be the same with the add ons(DLT/Winter indoor practice fee/extra's)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the coach really is a great guy. if you are from Nassau or Western Suffolk, the 2024 Igloo team is your best choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wolfpack
legacy
igloo
outlaws
titans
empire
Tue Blue
Millon
express
fl$
Jesters

Plus the 2025 91 Team...LOL...I bet by the end of summer (like the 91 Wolfpack last year) they end up beating most of the teams on your list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wolfpack
legacy
igloo
outlaws
titans
empire
Tue Blue
Millon
express
fl$
Jesters

Plus the 2025 91 Team...LOL...I bet by the end of summer (like the 91 Wolfpack last year) they end up beating most of the teams on your list.

We lost to most of the 3rd grade teams we played. Size/speed is a huge difference bt 2nd/3rd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At 91 tryouts yesterday, 2024 said we would get
a call Sunday, did calls go out for this age? Does anyone know???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At 91 tryouts yesterday, 2024 said we would get
a call Sunday, did calls go out for this age? Does anyone know???

Only 2018 is posted as of now...they told us 48 hours or so, I guess we are at the or so point. Tomorrow maybe?

Page 3 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard