BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 197 of 220 1 2 195 196 197 198 199 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey MD , that's exactly how it's done.

Yes a call from a coach or director goes a long way for the right player at the right school. But a call should not be made to MD, SYR, UNC or any other top program if the player simply is not on that level.

As for BS not being qualified to make that decision, any non biased person that has watched D1 sports can tell if a player can play or not at that level.

BS is biased and the entire program is a conflict of interest with SS being the Hofstra coach.

And you are biased thinking your daughter is good enough to be recruited by a top program. Please let it go, it's getting painfull . Plenty of people have come on here to explain to you the way recruiting works, why can't you get it and move on? Is it the Smiths fault that everyone hates you cause your a jackass?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tom Brady - Michigan

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Paid a deposit - still no rosters online? No fall practices? Zero communication. Starting to get annoyed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hee haw...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Paid a deposit - still no rosters online? No fall practices? Zero communication. Starting to get annoyed.

Welcome to Top Guns.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't sweat the rosters, you know which team she made..
I don't think many clubs practice in the fall, they play a fall tourn or two but probably not practices.
what communication are you in need of? have you called or emailed them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will put the rosters up eventually but what is the big deal. You should have gotten an email with the specific team your daughter is on.

The fall practice schedule was emailed and can be found on the website under "Practice Schedules"

The fall tournament information was mailed a while ago and you can find it under "Tournaments" on the website.

I feel the email correspondence has been more than adequate considering this is the fall season. Wake up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last four pages of this thread all started after one poster said they had been with TG for 7 years and Shannon was involved a lot. For 95% of the club that is not the case. They are the exception not the rule when it comes to this club. Now the snarky comment will be "well your daughter isn't good". Whether or not your daughter is the best girl on black or the worst girl on white. They should get what they paid for. Girls aren't asking to get into a D1 school when they don't belong there. Contacting a D2 or D3 coach is just as simple as contacting a D1 coach. Returning an email doesn't take that long no matter how many emails they have received. Is it too much to ask for common decency? My daughter says hello to every girl she sees at tournaments wearing TG stuff but the director and his daughter have a hard time doing that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to Top Guns.

Another family scammed, keep telling yourself it is all good though. That's what the rest of the TG families do. Eventually you will believe it, like the rest.

It's hunting season, Bill wont be around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to Top Guns.

Another family scammed, keep telling yourself it is all good though. That's what the rest of the TG families do. Eventually you will believe it, like the rest.

It's hunting season, Bill wont be around.

Where is there a scam? Some teams have not even had tryouts yet including some YJ teams. Not many teams practice in the fall including YJ. This is the time of year that many girls play with their towns or on pick up teams. Just the bitter troll that you are trying to create drama when theres none!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last four pages of this thread all started after one poster said they had been with TG for 7 years and Shannon was involved a lot. For 95% of the club that is not the case. They are the exception not the rule when it comes to this club. Now the snarky comment will be "well your daughter isn't good". Whether or not your daughter is the best girl on black or the worst girl on white. They should get what they paid for. Girls aren't asking to get into a D1 school when they don't belong there. Contacting a D2 or D3 coach is just as simple as contacting a D1 coach. Returning an email doesn't take that long no matter how many emails they have received. Is it too much to ask for common decency? My daughter says hello to every girl she sees at tournaments wearing TG stuff but the director and his daughter have a hard time doing that.

Brilliant post! Spot on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don it need anyone to contact a d3 coach. They are allowed to make contact and the player can call any d1 or d2 coach on their lisr

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brilliant post! Spot on!

Brilliant in your world maybe, clearly shows you don't have an understanding of the recruiting process. As it has been stated over and over, club coaches do not send emails, that is the players job. If a club director does not return an email, I would have an issue. College coaches normally call, not email, so I am skepical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't it say on the first page of their website, tryouts for fall winter spring teams. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that we would have practices in the fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't it say on the first page of their website, tryouts for fall winter spring teams. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that we would have practices in the fall

No, because fall is complicated with girls in soccer and basketball. Fall is pay to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been reading on here for a few years now that "95%" TG members are not happy, yet the clubs retention rate has been pretty consistent with other clubs. With the exception of 2020 Blk (coach leaving), most top teams have stayed relatively the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been reading on here for a few years now that "95%" TG members are not happy, yet the clubs retention rate has been pretty consistent with other clubs. With the exception of 2020 Blk (coach leaving), most top teams have stayed relatively the same.

We all know that the 95% figure is from YJ lemmings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brilliant post! Spot on!

Brilliant in your world maybe, clearly shows you don't have an understanding of the recruiting process. As it has been stated over and over, club coaches do not send emails, that is the players job. If a club director does not return an email, I would have an issue. College coaches normally call, not email, so I am skepical

So if the 95% have to do all the leg work themselves then what is the purpose of playing travel lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nothing gets posted until after yj tryouts are over and they can pick up some disgruntled B, C & D team players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no way to tell the retention rate without keeping print outs of rosters. Just because teams still have 25 girls on it, doesn't mean they are all returning players. Numerous girls from black and purple have left in the age groups of 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 in the past. This year 2021 lost 7 girls from there black team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what are the options? those that could leave already have and the rest are stuck there for better or worse, it will start soon enough with the younger ages too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brilliant post! Spot on!

You really are a douchie know it all. Plenty of club and high school coaches reach out on players behaves .If they have a player and believe that player is a descent fit for a program a call from a coach or director can go a long way . Say what you want but if SS or CR call a coach and tell them they have a kid who wants to go to their school and they believe the kid would be a good addition to their team that coach will at a minimum take a look .Been thru the process from both a parent and coaches perspective and will tell you more texts and emails are sent than calls made as your club coach can then just forward to the player .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brilliant post! Spot on!

So if the 95% have to do all the leg work themselves then what is the purpose of playing travel lacrosse?

To have the opportunity to be seen, and you perform aka stand out, otherwise there is no purpose!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brilliant post! Spot on!

You really are a douchie know it all. Plenty of club and high school coaches reach out on players behaves .If they have a player and believe that player is a descent fit for a program a call from a coach or director can go a long way . Say what you want but if SS or CR call a coach and tell them they have a kid who wants to go to their school and they believe the kid would be a good addition to their team that coach will at a minimum take a look .Been thru the process from both a parent and coaches perspective and will tell you more texts and emails are sent than calls made as your club coach can then just forward to the player .

I've been through it too. The way it works is the coach notices a player they are interested in ( which is why girls play in travel tournaments), they contact the HS or club coach who passes this info onto the players family. Players family takes it from there. It's not up to the club coach to decide whether one of their players would be a good addition, that's the college coaches job

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the options ? You are kidding right ? There are at least a dozen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The purpose is to play, to learn, to grow as a player. PAL and the school season are not enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no way to tell the retention rate without keeping print outs of rosters. Just because teams still have 25 girls on it, doesn't mean they are all returning players. Numerous girls from black and purple have left in the age groups of 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 in the past. This year 2021 lost 7 girls from there black team.

No need to keep printouts if you kids on multiple teams or daughters of close friends. No different from other clubs purple kids leave if mommy thinks they should be on black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The purpose is to play, to learn, to grow as a player. PAL and the school season are not enough.

Who are you trying to kid? The purpose is to get a scholarship. My daughter has had this in focus since she was 9. If this is not your goal you don't belong on TG black or any other top club team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Might be the my kids goal, but I know she's going to college either way. Would it be nice? yes but I'm not banking on it. Academics first, Lacrosse second. Either way, scholarship or not , she is going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry let me clarify, it isn't the sole purpose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No need to keep printouts if you kids on multiple teams or daughters of close friends. No different from other clubs purple kids leave if mommy thinks they should be on black.

No other club is losing a lot of their top talent year after year except TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No other club is losing a lot of their top talent year after year except TG

Your daughter was not top talent and it was not a loss when you left. TG is stronger than other teams from the bottom up, which is why girls are leaving other top team to go there. You are inaccurate, possibly because you may be referencing one age group and not looking at the club as a whole. TG is fine but since you were not happy, why don't you just move on to your new club and stop being so bitter and obsessed with what didn't work for you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are you trying to kid? The purpose is to get a scholarship. My daughter has had this in focus since she was 9. If this is not your goal you don't belong on TG black or any other top club team

Perhaps you should reevaluate. Then again to each his own.

Here are some reasons and goals that might be worth considering. Some things that a young girl can learn from playing a team sport such as lacrosse.

- Have fun.
- exercise.
- learn to live a healthy lifestyle.
- learn that sometimes you have to do things that you do not want to do.
- learn to compete.
- learn to be a good teammate.
- learn to overcome adversity.
- learn to sacrifice.
- learn to set goals.
- learn to work hard.
- learn to enjoy the grind/process/practice/training.
- learn to be committed/dedicated.
- learn to be coachable.
- learn to be confident.
- learn that failure is never final.
- learn to succeed.
- learn to be disciplined.
- learn to lead.
- learn to think on the fly and make quick, decisive, good decisions.
the list goes on.... Hopefully they can learn what it is like to be passionate about something.

In the end it is all about education and life lessons. Hopefully this sport will help prepare our daughters for life. If getting an athletic scholarship helps you thats great.

One of the great things about this sport is that it can help girls get into schools that they would otherwise not be able to get into and in many cases they can get some financial help.

One of the biggest benefits for me has been to watch my daughter grow and develop into a healthy, happy, confident, successful, young woman / student athlete.

It is okay to be proud of your daughter. To be bitter, jealous, hateful and or vindictive of others, well... not so much.

Enjoy the ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whew...after all that, where did your daughter end up playing college?..or has she yet to commit?..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps you should reevaluate. Then again to each his own.

Here are some reasons and goals that might be worth considering. Some things that a young girl can learn from playing a team sport such as lacrosse.

- Have fun.
- exercise.
- learn to live a healthy lifestyle.
- learn that sometimes you have to do things that you do not want to do.
- learn to compete.
- learn to be a good teammate.
- learn to overcome adversity.
- learn to sacrifice.
- learn to set goals.
- learn to work hard.
- learn to enjoy the grind/process/practice/training.
- learn to be committed/dedicated.
- learn to be coachable.
- learn to be confident.
- learn that failure is never final.
- learn to succeed.
- learn to be disciplined.
- learn to lead.
- learn to think on the fly and make quick, decisive, good decisions.
the list goes on.... Hopefully they can learn what it is like to be passionate about something.

In the end it is all about education and life lessons. Hopefully this sport will help prepare our daughters for life. If getting an athletic scholarship helps you thats great.

One of the great things about this sport is that it can help girls get into schools that they would otherwise not be able to get into and in many cases they can get some financial help.

One of the biggest benefits for me has been to watch my daughter grow and develop into a healthy, happy, confident, successful, young woman / student athlete.

It is okay to be proud of your daughter. To be bitter, jealous, hateful and or vindictive of others, well... not so much.

Enjoy the ride.

I see you've been reading how we justify paying $$$ for youth sports. It's all very nicely worded, but we all know why we pay$$, it's for the opportunity to get into a better school with a scholarship. Otherwise school ball would suffice. The poster who is so irrate about club director not sending emails out to promote his daughter should read that. Is that you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brilliant post! Spot on!

What is the purpose!? OK, here is my $1,400 to play for your organization. My daughter wants to play at either Maryland, Syracuse, Florida or Northwestern and we prefer that she gives her verbal prior to her sophomore year. She is a pure goal scorer an only plays attack. Hey Asshat, if playing lacrosse in college is the goal then the purpose of travel lacrosse as others have stated is to get your daughter in front of college coaches at fall/summer tournaments. It is up to her to get noticed so that the college coaches reach out to the director. If you are interested in a college then you should also attend their fall/summer camps to potentially get noticed. Also, travel lacrosse gets your daughter to play games and attend practice with a better quality of players outside of her PAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your daughter has had a scholarship in focus as a goal since she was nine? give me a break. you told her your financial plans when she was nine? you say someone doesn't belong on a travel team unless that's the goal??? who made you the moral compass as to why kids play for whom?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally untrue about SS. She has the uncanny ability to meet someone once and remember their name and BS never walks by one of his players without giving at least a nod unless he is preoccupied. So stop the Bull S---!!!! I have several children in topguns at different levels, meaning black and purple. I'm positive most people are happy, theirs always gonna be negative people and you must be one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whew...after all that, where did your daughter end up playing college?..or has she yet to commit?..

Wouldn't say "whew" took less than a few minutes.

We hope she has a great all around experience. We looked at the value of the education not the cost. We never gave much thought to where others were committing and never worried about what others thought of our decision. Why you are concerned with where my daughter goes to school is beyond me. Know this: If your daughter is an average athlete with average grades she will have some good schools to choose from. If your daughter is a good athlete with good grades she will have better schools to choose from. If she is a great athlete with great grades she will have her choice of any school she wants. If your daughter is a mix of any of the above combinations she will find a great fit. Your opinion, your HS coaches opinion, your club coaches/directors opinion and the other bitter parents opinion will not matter. The only opinion that will matter is that of the college coaches. The recruiting process will tell you where your daughter stands. Offers are the tell tale. What schools? how much? when in the process? etc... It is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally untrue about SS. She has the uncanny ability to meet someone once and remember their name and BS never walks by one of his players without giving at least a nod unless he is preoccupied. So stop the Bull S---!!!! I have several children in topguns at different levels, meaning black and purple. I'm positive most people are happy, theirs always gonna be negative people and you must be one.

This is hilarious!! Hey Bill maybe you should do stand up next!

Like Reply Quote
Page 197 of 220 1 2 195 196 197 198 199 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard