BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,912
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 167 of 220 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Only the very top girls are ever going to pay back on their investment. For everyone paying 4 grand or so a year for 8 years people are in for $30-$40 thousand.

Now my kid is getting looks from $55,000 a year schools offering $7,000 a year to play lax. That's still $48,000 a year!!!

Pay for tutors instead of personal "wall ball training" and go to Stony Brook or Binghampton

There is no "P" in Binghamton

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only the very top girls are ever going to pay back on their investment. For everyone paying 4 grand or so a year for 8 years people are in for $30-$40 thousand.

Now my kid is getting looks from $55,000 a year schools offering $7,000 a year to play lax. That's still $48,000 a year!!!

Pay for tutors instead of personal "wall ball training" and go to Stony Brook or Binghampton

There is no "P" in Binghamton

Value added response, your the best thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your should be you're

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your should be you're
you bit again lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the tournament in morristown was g8 not g10. What does g8 stand for ? Does g8 = Gait ?

Its the G8 tournament in morristown this summer in July. If you look at M&D, Heroes, Steps, etc. they all have the tournament on their list and are attending. What teams from LI are attending - are TG and ELLevate going? I assume YJ will be there. There is NO website for the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the tournament in morristown was g8 not g10. What does g8 stand for ? Does g8 = Gait ?

Its the G8 tournament in morristown this summer in July. If you look at M&D, Heroes, Steps, etc. they all have the tournament on their list and are attending. What teams from LI are attending - are TG and ELLevate going? I assume YJ will be there. There is NO website for the tournament.
In addition to the teams above, YJ's Blue, Maryland United, and TLC are attending. Will be a very good high quality tournament with just the top teams attending, what the coaches want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In addition to the teams above, YJ's Blue, Maryland United, and TLC are attending. Will be a very good high quality tournament with just the top teams attending, what the coaches want.

CR wanted only 1 LI club to attend and that is what she got.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard Capital and Skywalkers too. Add in Hero's, TLC, M&D, Steps, YJ and MD United and that's a pretty tough line-up. With all these in Moorestown, who else is going to be at The Rise??

RIP U-15

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard Capital and Skywalkers too. Add in Hero's, TLC, M&D, Steps, YJ and MD United and that's a pretty tough line-up. With all these in Moorestown, who else is going to be at The Rise??

RIP U-15

Been involved in girl's lacrosse for many years, this looks like the best lineup I have ever seen assembled. Would be interesting to see an online presence for this tourny with the colleges slated to attend. Just gotta assume this is where they will be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RIP U-15

why rip u15 ,different weekends

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be careful! These clubs and colleges are businesses and your daughter could get hurt. Ask yourself this. Is your club really out for your kids interests or just the accolades they take credit for and your $$. Treat your daughters recruiting like a business!!!

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...dium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be careful! These clubs and colleges are businesses and your daughter could get hurt. Ask yourself this. Is your club really out for your kids interests or just the accolades they take credit for and your $$. Treat your daughters recruiting like a business!!!

Unfortunately, this is what Girl's/Women's Lacrosse has become. Us parents are to blame, we allow our 9th/10th graders to commit. They cannot take their official visits until their senior years. We are making it easy for the coaches and the system to take advantage of this loophole.

Go back to the way it was. Let the HS girls take advantage of all the official visits that are available to them. Commit and sign their NLI in November. It will never happen. Next year 8th graders will commit. Shame on us parents, do we really need our egos stroked at the expense of our daughters???? Apparently so!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again with CR trying to muscle around girl's lacrosse. This is not the first time she has done this. Does anyone remember her Galaxy league? Her invite only tournaments to certain teams.

Hopefully the IWCLA continues to offer more tournaments and they create the right brackets so other teams not in CR's power circle continue to have opportunities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again with CR trying to muscle around girl's lacrosse. This is not the first time she has done this. Does anyone remember her Galaxy league? Her invite only tournaments to certain teams.

Hopefully the IWCLA continues to offer more tournaments and they create the right brackets so other teams not in CR's power circle continue to have opportunities.

If the YJ lose at least its to teams that aren't in her backyard. That's why both clubs duck each other. She would rather have YJ v YJ than play another LI team-too risky

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So TG and Elevate are not going because CR told them only one LI team can go or we are not coming? I know there are other tournaments that weekend which means no coaches will be anywhere that weekend except at the G8?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So TG and Elevate are not going because CR told them only one LI team can go or we are not coming? I know there are other tournaments that weekend which means no coaches will be anywhere that weekend except at the G8?

Not every coach is going to go to this. That weekend there are other recruiting tournaments as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, this is what Girl's/Women's Lacrosse has become. Us parents are to blame, we allow our 9th/10th graders to commit. They cannot take their official visits until their senior years. We are making it easy for the coaches and the system to take advantage of this loophole.

Go back to the way it was. Let the HS girls take advantage of all the official visits that are available to them. Commit and sign their NLI in November. It will never happen. Next year 8th graders will commit. Shame on us parents, do we really need our egos stroked at the expense of our daughters???? Apparently so!

Excellent post! I know a few girls who recently verbally comitted but are in academic danger as a result of failing grades. How does that happen? I was under the i,pression you need specific courses and grades?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yes I am a yj parent but on this I do agree. Absolutley crazy for a 8 9 and in some cases a 10th grader to make this life choice. Wonder y the world is the way it is look in your own backyard. See the problem is all the parents have to change not just a handful. And you will always have the few that think their kid is so special she deserves this but in all actuality there is enough room for everyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the YJ lose at least its to teams that aren't in her backyard. That's why both clubs duck each other. She would rather have YJ v YJ than play another LI team-too risky

If what your saying is even remotely true, then I am even more impressed with CR and the power of the YJ organization.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

Too risky AND too embarrassing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent post! I know a few girls who recently verbally comitted but are in academic danger as a result of failing grades. How does that happen? I was under the i,pression you need specific courses and grades?

What is never publicized is the girls who transfer out.

LI girl from Manhasset just transferred FROM Maryland as a JR to Syracuse. Maryland just won a National Championship and lost in the finals the year before...

LI girl (SOPH) transferred from Florida to Fairfield.

Another LI girls (JR at UVA) transferred to Stony Brook. All highly recruited players...

Why transfer? Because they made their decision prematurely? Not all sunshine and roses at their first choices? Balance of school, lax and being away from home too much? Not playing as much as expected or promised? New recruits more talented?

Can't expect our 8/9/10th graders to make educated decisions, they aren't educated enough at that age (15/16 year olds). That's what us parents should be helping them with!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Theres a loophole in the NCAA regs, where a coach can contact a 7 or 8th grader (middle school) The rules prohibits contact with "high school" Students

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"What is never publicized is the girls who transfer out.

LI girl from Manhasset just transferred FROM Maryland as a JR to Syracuse. Maryland just won a National Championship and lost in the finals the year before...

Another LI girls (JR at UVA) transferred to Stony Brook. All highly recruited players...

Why transfer? Because they made their decision prematurely? Not all sunshine and roses at their first choices? Balance of school, lax and being away from home too much? Not playing as much as expected or promised? New recruits more talented?

Can't expect our 8/9/10th graders to make educated decisions, they aren't educated enough at that age (15/16 year olds). That's what us parents should be helping them with!"

These posts are pathetic, do you believe if these kids waited until they were seniors they would not have been some who would have transferred. Look at kids who are seniors in high school right now , you think these kids who are desperately waiting to hear if they made it into their top choice are better equipped to make the decision as to what school to go to. Many of these early commits are mature kids whose parents were very involved in their decisions. It gets really old when all you experts know whats best for everybodys kids . Just sounds like your kid did not get the looks these kids did and you are jealous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Too risky AND too embarrassing"

Sorry but that just ignorant. The YJ teams would have no problem playing against any other LI team , or any team for that matter. At this point YJ would be favored in every age group against all other LI teams, TG has lost a good deal of talent in the teams that had a chance. That being said CR may pressure these tournament directors to allow just YJ from Long Island which is just good business for both sides. CR gets to put her teams in the top recruiting events which is just another reason players would want to go YJ as opposed to the competition.The tournament directors get the best teams from Long Island which helps them with college coaches and getting the top teams from across the country.Its a win win for everyone but the other LI clubs.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

Can't expect our 8/9/10th graders to make educated decisions, they aren't educated enough at that age (15/16 year olds). That's what us parents should be helping them with!"

These posts are pathetic, do you believe if these kids waited until they were seniors they would not have been some who would have transferred. Look at kids who are seniors in high school right now , you think these kids who are desperately waiting to hear if they made it into their top choice are better equipped to make the decision as to what school to go to. Many of these early commits are mature kids whose parents were very involved in their decisions. It gets really old when all you experts know whats best for everybodys kids . Just sounds like your kid did not get the looks these kids did and you are jealous.

What's pathetic is you attacking someone for posting a well thought out comment. Early commitments and high transfer rates among lacrosse players and college athletes as a whole is a huge topic right now.
Keep your snarky comments out of it and stick to the topic.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

What's pathetic is you attacking someone for posting a well thought out comment. Early commitments and high transfer rates among lacrosse players and college athletes as a whole is a huge topic right now.

I was speaking with a HS AD this weekend and he said he is seeing and hearing from other AD's that too many of the early committed kids are just now finding out that they can not get accepted into the school academically. Also that their parents can't afford to send them to the school because the 20-25% athletic award with no academic $ makes it too expensive to send them to the school they committed to in 10th grade. It something for parents to start looking into when the coaches start calling. Try asking the coach what the % of girls that commit actually finish with a degree and stay on the team for all four years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its called PGPA - Predicted Grade Point Average. If you dont have the grades you dont get in. NCAA minimum standards on being eligible to play any sport are also going up next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was speaking with a HS AD this weekend and he said he is seeing and hearing from other AD's that too many of the early committed kids are just now finding out that they can not get accepted into the school academically. Also that their parents can't afford to send them to the school because the 20-25% athletic award with no academic $ makes it too expensive to send them to the school they committed to in 10th grade. It something for parents to start looking into when the coaches start calling. Try asking the coach what the % of girls that commit actually finish with a degree and stay on the team for all four years.

Thank you so much, that makes sense. Some of my friends are giving verbals to D1 schools and are good lacrosse players but below average grade wise so it's confusing to figure out, one even failed summer school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"What's pathetic is you attacking someone for posting a well thought out comment. Early commitments and high transfer rates among lacrosse players and college athletes as a whole is a huge topic right now.
Keep your snarky comments out of it and stick to the topic."

Have not seen that early commits have high transfer rates, or that lacrosse players have higher transfer rates compared to other athletes. You are acting as if this is a proven fact based on a few examples cited by one poster and that seems like a bunch of nonsense, snarky or not. What is the topic exactly , I know a few kids who did not commit early and waited it out only to be let down not getting into any of their top choices .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U

Thank you so much, that makes sense. Some of my friends are giving verbals to D1 schools and are good lacrosse players but below average grade wise so it's confusing to figure out, one even failed summer school.

You can be the best lacrosse player in the country but if you are a box of rocks in the classroom you will never play past HS. It happens every year....a kid starts in the fall in a college and fails out before spring season .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

I was speaking with a HS AD this weekend and he said he is seeing and hearing from other AD's that too many of the early committed kids are just now finding out that they can not get accepted into the school academically. Also that their parents can't afford to send them to the school because the 20-25% athletic award with no academic $ makes it too expensive to send them to the school they committed to in 10th grade. It something for parents to start looking into when the coaches start calling. Try asking the coach what the % of girls that commit actually finish with a degree and stay on the team for all four years. [/quote]

Thank you so much, that makes sense. Some of my friends are giving verbals to D1 schools and are good lacrosse players but below average grade wise so it's confusing to figure out, one even failed summer school. [/quote]

This happens more than you think, tell me how great that $60k school looks with only a .25 athletic and is now still over $40k because they got squat for academics? Don't ever plan on a great ROI on travel fees paid in. If you are planning on that you will be disappointed. Play because you love it and don't just pick a school based on lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
User
User

"What's pathetic is you attacking someone for posting a well thought out comment. Early commitments and high transfer rates among lacrosse players and college athletes as a whole is a huge topic right now.

Have not seen that early commits have high transfer rates, or that lacrosse players have higher transfer rates compared to other athletes. You are acting as if this is a proven fact based on a few examples cited by one poster and that seems like a bunch of nonsense, snarky or not. What is the topic exactly , I know a few kids who did not commit early and waited it out only to be let down not getting into any of their top choices .

Listen, this forum is here for discussion. You have constantly attacked posters and thrown the word "pathetic" around so much it's....well...pathetic. If you would like your comments posted simply discuss the topics. Enough said.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen, this forum is here for discussion. You have constantly attacked posters and thrown the word "pathetic" around so much it's....well...pathetic. If you would like your comments posted simply discuss the topics. Enough said.

Fair enough. Have never seen a study before but these arguments against early recruiting do not seem to have any actual facts behind them. Do non athletes who decided what college they will be attending senior year transfer from their selected schools, do some of these kids do poorly academically
once they are free from the oversight of mommy and daddy? Is it at a greater percent than kids who were early commits , who knows. My kid plays YJ , have not heard of anyone not going to a school they committed to because they did not meet the academic standards in high school( I am sure it has happened but certainly not common) that being said I know a non athlete who applied for early admission got accepted then goofed off so much that they were then denied.Do I think the early committing is a good thing , no , do I think that most of these kids will do just fine , yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum serves one purpose and one purpose only... to slander, gossip, judge and make people feel better about their situations by bashing others. Argue this post(because you will) but it serves NO OTHER PURPOSE! There is nothing of any value that anyone learns from BOTC! NOTHING! ZERO!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum serves one purpose and one purpose only... to slander, gossip, judge and make people feel better about their situations by bashing others. Argue this post(because you will) but it serves NO OTHER PURPOSE! There is nothing of any value that anyone learns from BOTC! NOTHING! ZERO!

And you are here because?...

Like Reply Quote
User
User

I will argue that your words are simply an attempt to create drama. You are welcome to go away and not subject yourself to the firestorm of badness you described above. Happy Trails to you......

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will say the college kids doing the coaching is getting old. There is little to no instruction at practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will say the college kids doing the coaching is getting old. There is little to no instruction at practice.

Agree, nobody can think this is a good thing but is probably cheaper. Go look at some of the top clubs. HS coaches from top programs who stay with the same team from inception thru graduation. Even for the "B" teams in most cases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a perfect scenario there would be qualified adult coaches without personal interest ( a daughter or sister ) in the team who would start with a team early at its inception and see it through till the end.

I don't think any club has this to any great extent, the YJ would certainly be in the forefront of this. The TG would be well served if they invested in better coaches and moved away from the college kid formula.

It's hard to turn down money but I also believe there should only be two teams per age group, keep it smaller concentrate on the kinds who make these teams, get them better. If an atmosphere is created where demand for a spot is greater than the 50 available spots the cost for entry to the club could increase and high pay given to those "top" adult coaches without a personal interst in the team

Just my .02 cents

Even with the above, I am still a big supporter of the club and I have had nothing but a Great experience with the club and the directors....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those that are critical of SS coaching ability, today is the first Hofstra game of the season, and this is her first season with the girls she personally recruited....
Let's watch and see how they do...

Like Reply Quote
Page 167 of 220 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard