BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 142 of 220 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What I've heard.

Why wouldn't BS just send out the roster to the team when the kids were selected? Such less drama - they can see who is on the team with them and not have to guess.
No clubs post the teams right away, you don't even know who is going to accept or decline. Most boys lacrosse clubs never even post roosters. We are in touch with our friends from last season and know most of the girls on on the team, there maybe a few additions or subtractions, we will find out when we start. Patience.

Know a club that posts their rosters within a day or two of try-outs and simply don't replace the kids that decline

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I've heard.

Why wouldn't BS just send out the roster to the team when the kids were selected? Such less drama - they can see who is on the team with them and not have to guess.
No clubs post the teams right away, you don't even know who is going to accept or decline. Most boys lacrosse clubs never even post roosters. We are in touch with our friends from last season and know most of the girls on on the team, there maybe a few additions or subtractions, we will find out when we start. Patience.

Not true. teams send out their rosters after tryouts based on results. That does not mean they post them on their website, but at least people on that team know who else they are playing with.

As a consumer you should get that at a minimum. However, if you send out an email that says you "got a spot" without saying what team, without knowing who else made it, then something fishy is going on. If you host an open tryout and charge for it, the results should be made available.

My daughters friend plays on Elevate, they received their rosters when the teams went out so they know who is on their team. Why cant TG just do that?

They will, when the rosters are all settled! This is such a silly topic, but I guess it's a good sign if this is what people are worried about, and nothing serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I've heard.

Not true. teams send out their rosters after tryouts based on results. That does not mean they post them on their website, but at least people on that team know who else they are playing with.

As a consumer you should get that at a minimum. However, if you send out an email that says you "got a spot" without saying what team, without knowing who else made it, then something fishy is going on. If you host an open tryout and charge for it, the results should be made available.

some rosters are still a work in progress. did anyone get a TG invite that didn't tell them what team they were selected for?
We have have always gotten an e-mail that says what team(color) my daughter was selected for. I'd like to know what club sends out rosters with names, after try outs.

THEY ALL DO. That is what you deserve to see hwen you pay thousands of dollars. You should know your COACH and you should know your TEAM - why people would pay and not have that info is a huge leap of faith! Nobody to blame but yourself if you did NOT know that info before you paid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I've heard.

My daughters friend plays on Elevate, they received their rosters when the teams went out so they know who is on their team. Why cant TG just do that?

They will, when the rosters are all settled! This is such a silly topic, but I guess it's a good sign if this is what people are worried about, and nothing serious.

Nothing serious..... This is a mass of dysfunction. Open your eyes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh boy, your pills are wearing off...remember take them every four hours not every six. Listen if you got the email that you are on a team, then you should have paid your first deposit. At that point you know you are on the roster and that is all that counts.

Believe it or not there are some people that might have paid the deposit and are still trying our for another organization. Maybe they will be happy to walk away from the money in the long run.

The season summer season, which is what you are paying for does not start for another (8) months...give it a rest, I bet all coaches are not squared away yet.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's called Reading 101...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh boy, your pills are wearing off...remember take them every four hours not every six. Listen if you got the email that you are on a team, then you should have paid your first deposit. At that point you know you are on the roster and that is all that counts.

Believe it or not there are some people that might have paid the deposit and are still trying our for another organization. Maybe they will be happy to walk away from the money in the long run.

The season summer season, which is what you are paying for does not start for another (8) months...give it a rest, I bet all coaches are not squared away yet.

Exactly...calm down, and find something else to occupy your time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I've heard.

Because most of the elevate kids all live in csh or huntington and they all know each other, tg and yj kids come from all over

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about Medusa Elite? Their teams looked good at the 7v7.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares what Elevate does. They are a second tier organization. They do not win any tournaments

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey you sound like the poster who was snooping around on the 91 forum. Seems to be a pattern with you bashing other programs , most likley so you feel better about yourself because of the poor choices you made for your daughter going to a sinking talent program !

Nobody cares what Elevate does. They are a second tier organization. They do not win any tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That why the 2021 Elevate team beat TG Black this summer? hmmmmmmmmm....... Maybe you should start caring! And the Elevate 2017 Team is far better than TG as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 YJ at this point cannot be denied
#2 Elevate. Better in several age groups and seems they are trending up
#3. TG has 1 very good age group but overall seem to have peaked and are trending down , parents want more than just an anti - other club attitude

#4. Liberty have become an afterthought in 2016 and below

Agree,YJ, Elevate, TG, Liberty

Agree but TG is sinking fast

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey you sound like the poster who was snooping around on the 91 forum. Seems to be a pattern with you bashing other programs , most likley so you feel better about yourself because of the poor choices you made for your daughter going to a sinking talent program !

That makes them one tier above TG and they are heading in the right direction versus TG which is like being on a boat that is slowly sinking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop with the " who's the better club". It's so sickening. Grow up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be sick too if my daughter was on tg. Can't blame these people. They are on the Titanic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be sick too if my daughter was on tg. Can't blame these people. They are on the Titanic.

TG has been great to us, and hundreds of others. It's mostly the negative people and haters from other clubs on here bashing. TG is fine! Have fun on YJ team 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG has been great to us, and hundreds of others. It's mostly the negative people and haters from other clubs on here bashing. TG is fine! Have fun on YJ team 5

Yeah have fun on YJ team 5 , 2017 mad dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like that when I post something negative this mad dad takes the rap

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like that when I post something negative this mad dad takes the rap

Could always blame it on Westhampton! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright, I'll run with it. My new name mad dad or west hampton! Hey, I'm easy, whoever wants to take the rap. Thanks guys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That why the 2021 Elevate team beat TG Black this summer? hmmmmmmmmm....... Maybe you should start caring! And the Elevate 2017 Team is far better than TG as well.

Elevate 2021 lost a couple top players and will not be as competitive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody can talk, talk, talk we'll see at the tournaments only time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello tg's west hampton and mad dad checking in. Lol. I hope all is we'll in tg land. Looks like a little squabble about about elevate is occurring. I must agree with other posters. Elevate us by far just an overall better team in most age groups. But really people 2021? Your worried? They're like 8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true at all. Unlike TG we have our rosters and all the top kids are back plus some new amazing talent. TG has no clue what they have since you don't know who is on your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok. You won 1 game. Congrats I guess. Worried??? I think not !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did they go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Nobody cares what Elevate does. They are a second tier organization. They do not win any tournaments

Where did these players go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Nobody cares what Elevate does. They are a second tier organization. They do not win any tournaments

Both elevate and tg 2021 teams were weak. It will take a couple few years for talent to settle to see who is who. Right now YJ and M&D completely own this age group. Next year who knows? Look and watch tg2020 as an example of exchange of power.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did they go

Nowhere - they are still there - have the roster - just an angry TG parent trying to cause trouble since they lost to elevate last year - all top kids from
2021 elevate are there - TG people are desperate and taking to starting rumors - we have our rosters so we know who is there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nowhere - all top players still there - where would they go - no YJ tryouts yet and they wouldn't move down a level to TG - why do that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nowhere - all top players still there - where would they go - no YJ tryouts yet and they wouldn't move down a level to TG - why do that?

6th grade. They will be going into 7th grade next summer. There will be plenty of changes between now, next summer and the summer of 2017 when it might actually matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did they go

Nowhere - they are still there - have the roster - just an angry TG parent trying to cause trouble since they lost to elevate last year - all top kids from
2021 elevate are there - TG people are desperate and taking to starting rumors - we have our rosters so we know who is there.

Correct - elevate has their rosters so they know their kids all came back - TG has no clue what they have after months of signing up - it's sad how quickly things change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets be accurate 2021 elevate blue sent 11 kids from last year down to 2nd team and moved no one up from b to a ...11 new girls this year ...a big shake up lets see how that works out..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess 11 kids moved down were not considered top talent and no one from 2nd team moved up ...seems pretty thin talent wise to bring 11 new in for this year...what does that say about coaching ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why elevate parent would be debating with a tg parent. There is absolutely NO comparison in the operation of tg and elevate. Elevate is by far a much more superior organization. Dont banter with these miserable people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess 11 kids moved down were not considered top talent and no one from 2nd team moved up ...seems pretty thin talent wise to bring 11 new in for this year...what does that say about coaching ?

Also reduced roster size so that will help them as well - I am sure they look forward to beating TG again this year! Were also some TG kids at tryout - not sure where they ended up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why elevate parent would be debating with a tg parent. There is absolutely NO comparison in the operation of tg and elevate. Elevate is by far a much more superior organization. Dont banter with these miserable people.

Agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there's lots of miserable people to go around at both organizations and others too. They are certainly not limited to any one club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets be accurate 2021 elevate blue sent 11 kids from last year down to 2nd team and moved no one up from b to a ...11 new girls this year ...a big shake up lets see how that works out..

Lets be even more accurate. They had 26 kids on the team last year. Th new roster is 22. So, of the 26, they moved 11 down wheich means they kept 15 of the top kids and added 7 new kids and based on the amazing talent at tryouts, adding 7 kids to the top 15 will make them even better. That is accurate.

Like Reply Quote
Page 142 of 220 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard