BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 1 of 220 1 2 3 219 220
Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I'm interested in hearing what Top Guns participants have to say about their program. We played a few of their teams in winter leagues and I liked what I saw but know nothing about the organization and pricing. Anyone?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The pricing and package information for the Long Island Top Guns Girls Program follows.

Graduating Years: 2013 – 2018, 2011 Annual Fee is $1100

Payment Includes:

Tournaments : 5 Guaranteed SUMMER Tournaments
This fee does not include fall or winter tournaments and/or leagues

Practices : 10 Team Practices

Coaches : World Class Coaching Staff, Two Coaches per Team
Each team will be over seen by Shannon Smith and Lacey Vigmostad

Uniform : Team Uniform / First Year Bag is Included / Sweat Shirt Recruitment

Each player will have a chance to be guided through the process, have the ability to make a player profile and make meetings with the coaches to go over questions you may have.

PAYMENT SCHEDULE

Payment 1 : $200 September 13th, 2010
Payment 2 : $200 December 1st, 2010
Payment 3 : $200 February 1st, 2011
Payment 4 : $250 March 1st, 2011
Payment 5 : $250 May 1st, 2011

**** ALL PAYMENTS ARE NONFEFUNDABLE ****

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks, CageSage. I'm going to keep my eye on them this season and maybe make a move next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best thing about the Top Guns it is a family organization that puts the girls first. It's NOT take the money and make as many teams needed like some of the other larger ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can some tell me why the LI Top Guns are getting such good reviews, and why it's all the talk a on the Lacrosse fields this spring?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Gun is a business just like most of the organizations. I am sure if they have 120 kids try out they will have 4 teams too. You make it sound like they are doing this as volunteers. The kids should play where they are comfortable at a level they are comfortable at. Having more teams enables an organization to get the kids playing with other kids at their skill level. As their skill level improves they have the opportunity to move to a different team that fits their needs and talent. Some kids will to the opposite and that is fine too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re correct. It’s a business and it makes money but they put the game and the girls first and foremost. They teach good sportsmanship, team spirit and the rules of the game. Unlike some who promote aggressive behavior and win at all cost disregarding the rules and the officials.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You’re correct. It’s a business and it makes money but they put the game and the girls first and foremost. They teach good sportsmanship, team spirit and the rules of the game. Unlike some who promote aggressive behavior and win at all cost disregarding the rules and the officials.

Well, lets see how good their teams do this summer, against the "other clubs"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, lets see how good their teams do this summer, against the "other clubs"

Yes, Nice chatting good luck and hope you have a good season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am glad you are having a good experience. As long as your child is happy that is the most important thing. As far as your comment about Top Gun being the champions of sportsmanship, that is a joke! I have seen many top gun games where the kids and parents were out of control! I have also seen aggressive play from "other" clubs. So what? Play were you want. I don't understand why people need to "bash" other clubs. If your happy, be happy. Competition is good!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best thing about the Top Guns it is a family organization that puts the girls first. It's NOT take the money and make as many teams needed like some of the other larger ones.

Yeh! The father of this family is nuts, and his kid went thru the YJ program!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the quote was “They teach good sportsmanship, team spirit and the rules of the game” nothing about the “Top Gun being the champions of sportsmanship” Get it straight. I have seen plenty of games as well and the coaching staff teaches the rules and how to play as a team. They DO NOT to promote an aggressive behavior on the field, like some other well-known “yellow” teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the quote was “They teach good sportsmanship, team spirit and the rules of the game” nothing about the “Top Gun being the champions of sportsmanship” Get it straight. I have seen plenty of games as well and the coaching staff teaches the rules and how to play as a team. They DO NOT to promote an aggressive behavior on the field, like some other well-known “yellow” teams.

What a joke!!!!!! If that is the case, the Top Gun girls don't listen very well. They are probably too busy listening to their out of control aggressive parents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke!!!!!! If that is the case, the Top Gun girls don't listen very well. They are probably too busy listening to their out of control aggressive parents!
It seems that you’re the joke. I have been explaining that the girls on the Top Guns are well coached. It seems the only aggressive one in this conversation is you. This is typical of a self-centered, self-severing person such as yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that's what made them realized what a bad program the YJ have. YJ is about the money and not the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that's what made them realized what a bad program the YJ have. YJ is about the money and not the girls.

No the Top Gun founders saw how much money other clubs were making and decided to get a piece of the action. Lets get real here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No the Top Gun founders saw how much money other clubs were making and decided to get a piece of the action. Lets get real here.
I guess? who is the founder?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone reading this thread can clearly see the animosity toward the Top Guns. Not on either side here just saying. No worries...why don't you save the nasty and personal comments for your own home and let the girls play. Many of them are friends no matter what travel jersey they wear. Maybe the parents should follow their lead.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anyone reading this thread can clearly see the animosity toward the Top Guns. Not on either side here just saying. No worries...why don't you save the nasty and personal comments for your own home and let the girls play. Many of them are friends no matter what travel jersey they wear. Maybe the parents should follow their lead.
BOTC Industries can say that we have absolutely been trying to get in touch with the Top Guns program as this seems to be a very viable option for some of the girls youth lacrosse players on Long Island. Unfortunately, BOTC's phone calls and e-mails have to date gone unanswered. Perhaps you can alert the Top Guns to the fact that BOTC has been reaching out to them for more information about their program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the coaches are too busy getting ready to compete in the NCAA quarterfinals. I guess "Dad" doesn't want to answer your questions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the coaches are too busy getting ready to compete in the NCAA quarterfinals. I guess "Dad" doesn't want to answer your questions.
Must be some GREAT COACHING STAFF, No wonder why the Top Guns rule on the Lacrosse field. Remember keep it clean and fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be some GREAT COACHING STAFF, No wonder why the Top Guns rule on the Lacrosse field. Remember keep it clean and fair.

Don't worry they do it for the "love" not for any money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, and they all came up through the Yellow Jackets program. They learned from the best!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, and they all came up through the Yellow Jackets program. They learned from the best!!

Problem is only the 9th grade team is any good and they have to use players from out of state. We played against the 10th grade team last summer and they didn't do anything. The 8th grade team has a handful of good players only. The lower grades 7th, 6th and 5th grade teams are weak and will have a hard time at tournaments this summer. Just don't have solid coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't worry they do it for the "love" not for any money
It's all about the love.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then why are they not coaching for the Yellow Jackets? They must have realized there was a better way to play then having a Hockey style attitude. I enjoy watching the skills the girls have with their sticks, I don’t want to see a glove off broil, pushing and shoving like some of you want to see. Yeah go Yellow Jacket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then why are they not coaching for the Yellow Jackets? They must have realized there was a better way to play then having a Hockey style attitude. I enjoy watching the skills the girls have with their sticks, I don’t want to see a glove off broil, pushing and shoving like some of you want to see. Yeah go Yellow Jacket.

Why? For the money $. Why coach for the organization that helped you to be great players when you can go off on your own and make $$. Pretty simple really. And what exactly is a " glove off broil"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? For the money $. Why coach for the organization that helped you to be great players when you can go off on your own and make $$. Pretty simple really. And what exactly is a " glove off broil"?

At least you admitted that the coaching staffs for the TOP GUNS are great players, Smartest thing you blogged period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zero correlation between great players making great or even good coaches!! They are too young and are not educators!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Earlier this afternoon, Thursday, BOTC Industries spent about thirty minutes speaking with Bill Smith regarding every aspect of the Long Island Top Guns program from their mission, to their team composition and their coaching philosophy.

That discussion satisfied us that the camps being offered this summer through the Top Guns program will offer an appropriate environment for young ladies seeking to work on their lacrosse skills.

BOTC has posted the Top Guns' July and August camp information on the Showcases and Tournaments page as of this evening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zero correlation between great players making great or even good coaches!! They are too young and are not educators!!

You are 100% right! Not to mention it is very hard to find a 21 year old who will be as committed to the team as you want them to be. It takes years to transition from great player to great coach. There are so many other aspects to coaching other than lax ability! I think the college kids are great for 1 on 1 skill training.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% right! Not to mention it is very hard to find a 21 year old who will be as committed to the team as you want them to be. It takes years to transition from great player to great coach. There are so many other aspects to coaching other than lax ability! I think the college kids are great for 1 on 1 skill training.

My daughter is a Yellow Jacket and looking forward to trying out for Top Gun. Not because Yellow Jackets have bad coaches we actually think our coaches are really great. In end the organization leaders do not respect parents and player....except those on blue. Lower teams get the short end of the stick. They pay the same price but at tryout time they are sepereated from the "blue" team...they attend less tournaments and they know after a couple years, they are never moving up, even if they deserve to. Great for the girls who are on blue, other than that find another organization.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

My daughter is a Yellow Jacket and looking forward to trying out for Top Gun. Not because Yellow Jackets have bad coaches we actually think our coaches are really great. In end the organization leaders do not respect parents and player....except those on blue. Lower teams get the short end of the stick. They pay the same price but at tryout time they are sepereated from the "blue" team...they attend less tournaments and they know after a couple years, they are never moving up, even if they deserve to. Great for the girls who are on blue, other than that find another organization.

That is exactly what I've heard about YJ, and from Blue parents. My daughter tried out one year and the tryout went as you described: Blue girls were separated out from the rest at tryouts. Why do the Blues even go to tryouts if it's a given? I think YJ produces some strong players, but I don't care for how the program is run, at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a Yellow Jacket and looking forward to trying out for Top Gun. Not because Yellow Jackets have bad coaches we actually think our coaches are really
great. In end the organization leaders do not respect parents and player....except those
on blue. Lower teams get the short end of the stick. They pay the same price but at
tryout time they are sepereated from the "blue" team...they attend less tournaments and
they know after a couple years, they are never moving up, even if they deserve to.
Great for the girls who are on blue, other than that find another organization.

Yellow players do come up to blue team. And blue plays can drop down to yellow. So what if your kid make the second or third top gun team? Then what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

That is exactly what I've heard about YJ, and from Blue parents. My daughter tried out one year and the tryout went as you described: Blue girls were separated out from the rest at tryouts. Why do the Blues even go to tryouts if it's a given? I think YJ produces some strong players, but I don't care for how the program is run, at all.

My daughter started on a lower YJ team and moved up and has been a blue for a few years. Every year between 3 and % players have moved up or down. I think they are more than willing to move girls who deserve it. Some players don't want to move up. They like their coaches and team mates and request not to be moved. That is fine, all that is important is that your daughter is happy and being coached well. You said you like your coach, i wouldn't leave for the "greener grass"!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is on the blue team, sadly some clicky girls make it uncomfortable for those out of town, and they don't "gel". Traveling out east is another pain in the butt, and since Top Guns will be centrally located with an amazing coaching staff she will try out for the 2017 team. I like what I have heard, and my kid is young enough to give it a try for a year.

Having played in college I also do not respect the fact that Yellow jackets have the most fouls in every tournament. Takes away from the integrity of the game without teaching respect.

Just my 2 cents...good luck to all the girls, be safe and have fun!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could not agree more. It seems the only reason why we had such a drastic rule change on the yellow cards and major fowls is because of the coaching and training of the Yellow Jackets. It’s funny that a lot of the Yellow Jackets parents joked about that fact. It seems that the intimidation factor is losing its grip and we’re getting to see some really good players from other organization like “91 Lacrosse” and “Top Guns” you don’t have to wear an YJ jersey to be good or excellent.

It’s funny when other clubs from out of state come up to you and say,” You’re not like the Yellow Jackets. Win or lose we play you any time” means volumes.

Keep going Yellow Jackets you’re doing it to yourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could not agree more. It seems the only reason why we had such a drastic rule change on the yellow cards and major fowls is because of the coaching and training of the Yellow Jackets. It’s funny that a lot of the Yellow Jackets parents joked about that fact. It seems that the intimidation factor is losing its grip and we’re getting to see some really good players from other organization like “91 Lacrosse” and “Top Guns” you don’t have to wear an YJ jersey to be good or excellent.

It’s funny when other clubs from out of state come up to you and say,” You’re not like the Yellow Jackets. Win or lose we play you any time” means volumes.

Uh huh, and look at how many teams the yellow jackets have in each grade level. 91 lacrosse will eventually phase out of girls because it is basically a boys club. Top gun has only one grade level in most of their age groups. Go play for either team. The Yellow Jackets don't need to beg you to come to their tryouts. At my daughter's tryout there were over 100 girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uh huh, and look at how many teams the yellow jackets have in each grade level. 91 lacrosse will eventually phase out of girls because it is basically a boys club. Top gun has only one grade level in most of their age groups. Go play for either team. The Yellow Jackets don't need to beg you to come to their tryouts. At my daughter's tryout there were over 100 girls.

And I bet you every one of those girls who tried out made a team. Your daughter will be over looked or lost for
favoritism. Like it was said before take the money and made as many teams as possible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I bet you every one of those girls who tried out made a team. Your daughter will be over looked or lost for
favoritism. Like it was said before take the money and made as many teams as possible

Do you think there is a handbook for all the YJ coaches to follow that say's "All YJ's must foul more than the teams they play" ? Every coach and every team is different. If you are happy with the YJ's, then stay. If you are not, then leave. If they have 4 teams at most divisions and those people are willing to pay for the club than there HAS to be more people than not who are happy with the end product! The constant YJ bashing is getting old. There happens to be a lot of great players who have played there and that are still in the program. No it doesn't mean that there can't be a great player in another organization (that is crazy). The one thing you can't argue with is the track record of team and individual success that the YJ's have. The list of championships and college placements are unparralleled. I am sure some of those people used the recruiting service and many didn't. It is your choice! No one forces you to! Most of the top girls don't need it. But if someone wants to use it, it is their money! what do you care! Some kids are not as sought after as others and more leg work needs to be done to get them in a school that fits their needs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 220 1 2 3 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard