BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 25 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 24 25
Re: Girls 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just watching some of their summer games and spring HS games most of these “big name” coaches know very little...they just have more kids passing and catching...more depth because YJ has given them 4 teams deep per age to have kids play year round...they improve because they keep their sticks in their hands...NOT the coaching!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just watching some of their summer games and spring HS games most of these “big name” coaches know very little...they just have more kids passing and catching...more depth because YJ has given them 4 teams deep per age to have kids play year round...they improve because they keep their sticks in their hands...NOT the coaching!!!

In 2021 both Skakandi and Thorn only showed up to half the practices. The where only at about 3/4 of the games and didn't show for two tournaments. It's up to try parents to find opportunities to develop your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In 2021 both Skakandi and Thorn only showed up to half the practices. The where only at about 3/4 of the games and didn't show for two tournaments. It's up to try parents to find opportunities to develop your kid.

The best kids will be best wherever they go and by whoever coaches them. When they play against really good team defense then they will be exposed a little because they coached poorly but those are the kids that run into the wall, back up and reset, run into the wall, back up and reset, run into the wall back up and reset and then score. My kids had high school girls (of course they were college committed girls lol) running our practices. I'm not sure if they were even paid. CR where is all my cash going? My kid was not born with it so she needs some hard work and good coaching to keep up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what makes you think skakandi and thorn can coach? they are blessed with kids that all play travel so their HS programs are successful...they are handed lacrosse players...they can’t develop them...HOWEVER, still better than a college kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what makes you think skakandi and thorn can coach? they are blessed with kids that all play travel so their HS programs are successful...they are handed lacrosse players...they can’t develop them...HOWEVER, still better than a college kid.

Blessed with kids who can all play travel yet posters will complain they don't coach their travel teams. Which is it, people? They're both great coaches .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Omg what a joke this statement was

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are both coaches...period...don’t use the term great because you drink YJ cool aid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are both coaches...period...don’t use the term great because you drink YJ cool aid!

Skakandi has regularly choked in big games at the HS level. Definitely would not classify her as a great coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skakandi has regularly choked in big games at the HS level. Definitely would not classify her as a great coach.

And I'm sure you were your daughters youth coach and think you could do better than any high school coach. Get over yourself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All he wants is the best 2020 TG Mid. She goes Legacy and he's a legit threat and TG becomes average. 1 scholarship and your program is on the way.

LMAO! You funny!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset basically runs a year round team with Liberty travel and they managed their first state title in the last 11 years. I'll take Skakandi over that hype anyday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhasset basically runs a year round team with Liberty travel and they managed their first state title in the last 11 years. I'll take Skakandi over that hype anyday.

Name one game that Skakandi has won with her coaching?

On the other hand it is widely known amongst Section 8 coaches the games she has personally lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D.G. was a successful college assistant before coaching Manhasset, she also has only been 'Set for 9 of those 11. In relation to perceived success, D.G. took only 9 years to win her first state, as opposed to C.R., If I'm not mistaken it took her almost 20 years. Skak is a good coach but remember one of her top players is a Liberty girl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is where it's at!! Proof is in college commit list. Look at 2017 class all YJ. It's clear the college coaches are all over YJ!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is where it's at!! Proof is in college commit list. Look at 2017 class all YJ. It's clear the college coaches are all over YJ!!

You are on a 2020 thread. It's many years from recruiting age. Please go to the YJ thread and pound your chest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All he wants is the best 2020 TG Mid. She goes Legacy and he's a legit threat and TG becomes average. 1 scholarship and your program is on the way.

LMAO! You funny!!!

Actually not that funny and you know . That kid is far and away your best player and after her you have maybe 2-3 top level kids , the rest could play purple and it would make no difference. I hope she leaves so you bunch of morons will learn how mediocre you would be without her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO! You funny!!!

Actually not that funny and you know . That kid is far and away your best player and after her you have maybe 2-3 top level kids , the rest could play purple and it would make no difference. I hope she leaves so you bunch of morons will learn how mediocre you would be without her.

Dad, is that you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO! You funny!!!

Take the best kid off your kids team and what happens?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO! You funny!!!

The new Legacy Club is going to be interesting. For one, most parents do not want to bring their daughters to a boys club. It has been extremely unsucessful regardless of who you bring in as a director/coach. 91 and Express are prime examples. I can see the draw for the 2020 team because of the coach and his success with the TG group. I cant see the top girls on TG black leaving a highly successful team for a startup at Legacy. To me, the risk outways the reward. What if Legacy fails? What do you do then? I figure that YJ Blue will have no one interested. So to me, that leaves alot of girls (or parents) that may be unhappy with TG purple or YJ Jones and below. Plus maybe some girls from some other teams, like Beach Bums. But then again, you never know. Good Luck to them. Im sure BS is holding his breath.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO! You funny!!!

The new Legacy Club is going to be interesting. For one, most parents do not want to bring their daughters to a boys club. It has been extremely unsucessful regardless of who you bring in as a director/coach. 91 and Express are prime examples. I can see the draw for the 2020 team because of the coach and his success with the TG group. I cant see the top girls on TG black leaving a highly successful team for a startup at Legacy. To me, the risk outways the reward. What if Legacy fails? What do you do then? I figure that YJ Blue will have no one interested. So to me, that leaves alot of girls (or parents) that may be unhappy with TG purple or YJ Jones and below. Plus maybe some girls from some other teams, like Beach Bums. But then again, you never know. Good Luck to them. Im sure BS is holding his breath.
no guarantee coach sticks around in hid new club. All these coaches are chasing dollar signs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO! You funny!!!

Dad, is that you?

No but pretty sure the one telling him how great his daughter is and happy your kid gets to ride her coat tails all the way to a few championships . The same guy that then tells people she is not that good and the team might even be better if she left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO! You funny!!!

Thanks for your insight ole wise one. If the kids are happy and the parents are also it's a win win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SL is a great coach and will draw his loyal girls from TG. Best coach in the age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SL is a great coach and will draw his loyal girls from TG. Best coach in the age group.

Just another parent coach. Beware. Hes going to have a team of a couple of TG Black and then mostly disgruntled TG Purple and YJ Jones girls. Should be a real fun sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about those that want to follow his philosophy. ...certified coaches... teacBing at practice. ..I have watched his practice. ..no one and I mean no one comes close to maximizing practice time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I whole heartedly agree. Stick to a program of only girls. Like the above poster wrote Boys and then girls program do not go well together no matter who the director is. The boys program always is first. He/She listed the programs. SL is a great coach but he sure can whine with the best of them. Watch him on the sidelines he's the Bobby Knight of girls lacrosse both on the HS level as well as the club level. Look before you leap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is his leadership they want...he managed the personalities of a very ..mutitalented team like only a professional can

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is his leadership they want...he managed the personalities of a very ..mutitalented team like only a professional can
You obviously have no clue..daddy coach...you need to stop posting with your ignorance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Mrs. Levy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the talent that 2015 Black had Stevie Wonder could of coached them. They have the best player in the state in S A and his daughter is a close second they had two top goalies plus an All Star supporting cast that have been playing for a few years. One of the top club teams around. By the way how far did EI go in the playoffs? Look before you leap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG black will leave and follow SL not all but 6-8. Tryouts this weekend I'm sure it will have a bunch of talented girls attending

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just another parent coach. Beware. Hes going to have a team of a couple of TG Black and then mostly disgruntled TG Purple and YJ Jones girls. Should be a real fun sideline.

I'm sorry but I feel the need to reply to this one... you are pretty ignorant. Coaching is everything!!! You have no idea who will show up to tryouts. So why speculate. As far as a fun sideline. You must see the world through yj glasses because your blue team parents are ridiculous. Telling other parents kids what they should be doing and how to do it. Talking trash behind each other's backs... Vile...Tg black not much better. Half of us don't even speak to each other. Let the kids tryout and see what happens. I for one am intrigued.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SL is a great coach not disputing that. The 20 black team he coached only played two competetive games all season . M&D Black 9-4, and Skywalkers Blue 11-7 . Only one game all season did they not have a lead at halftime. I think they were down 7-5 at halftime to SW. Not a lot of stress on a coach with a team loaded with strong players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sorry but I feel the need to reply to this one... you are pretty ignorant. Coaching is everything!!! You have no idea who will show up to tryouts. So why speculate. As far as a fun sideline. You must see the world through yj glasses because your blue team parents are ridiculous. Telling other parents kids what they should be doing and how to do it. Talking trash behind each other's backs... Vile...Tg black not much better. Half of us don't even speak to each other. Let the kids tryout and see what happens. I for one am intrigued.

Hey jackass this is a TG issue not YJ. YJ blue parents and players at this age group get along well and respect one another , so your vile nonsense is just ignorant . I have seen the division on TG black personally and if my kid played TG I would certainly think about going w their only descent coach . Yes my kid plays YJ , could not be happier w Curcio , or the parents on the team .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 black was missing two top scoring middies all year... they lost to YJB 5to3 this summer.....still managed to pull all the right strings...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep telling your self that. .. coaching counts in those big games at all levels..so once again intrigued and wondering about Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you pay her 75.00 a hr for private lessons of course you are happy with her. And stop that nonsense that all us parents get along

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey jackass this is a TG issue not YJ. YJ blue parents and players at this age group get along well and respect one another , so your vile nonsense is just ignorant . I have seen the division on TG black personally and if my kid played TG I would certainly think about going w their only descent coach . Yes my kid plays YJ , could not be happier w Curcio , or the parents on the team .

\
Then I guess it's you that everyone on the team can't stand

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]SL is a great coach not disputing that. The 20 black team he coached only played two competetive games all season . M&D Black 9-4, and Skywalkers Blue 11-7 . Only one game all season did they not have a lead at halftime. I think they were down 7-5 at halftime to SW. Not a lot of stress on a coach with a team loaded with strong players.

The training is more important than the games. Any parent will tell you nobody ran better practices than SL and the girls are better because of him. I'm sure their our parents that are ready to jump ship and have their girls continue to grow and develop under SL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One good point brought up is loyal TG black will leave to be with SL so that will account for 6-8 girls no doubt then sprinkle some YJs in possibly 3-4 so whoever said SL lLegacy will be made up of approximately 75% TG/YJ hit the nail on the head. Good luck with Legacy that one team will be good no doubt I would not be surprised if more TG left. Smart move by the Legacy directors well thought out as BS is spinning his wheels trying to save the 2020 teams.

Page 6 of 25 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard