BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 81 of 144 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The invites went out today for 2017. I heard some boys made "Team 3," so there will be 3 teams for this grade. Express tried to have 3 teams last year for 2017, but the third team fell apart midway into the summer. Not enough boys, there were maybe 15 on the team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were 4 teams for 2017 if you include the Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2021 has 3 teams as they did last year.

They won't give up those 3rd teams. They make too much easy money from them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The invites went out today for 2017. I heard some boys made "Team 3," so there will be 3 teams for this grade. Express tried to have 3 teams last year for 2017, but the third team fell apart midway into the summer. Not enough boys, there were maybe 15 on the team.

And I bet that will happen with 2018 this year. They'll end up merging 2 & 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Your On Team 2 go to 91/Outlaws/fl$ try Outs, If your son makes the 1st team with them, its a much better place. If your son is going to catholic school and is not on team one, his odds of every seeing field at St a or Chaminade are very slight. Also Your spot will still be there after this weekend try outs

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does going to a catholic school have to do with an A team or B team in travel As I see most of these tryouts with close to 150 -200 athletes on the field if they are not doing drills to eval the players and they just do scrimmages some players may never really get to show their stuff It all depends on what side of the field the ball plays ect Drills should be the primary look see

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does going to a catholic school have to do with an A team or B team in travel As I see most of these tryouts with close to 150 -200 athletes on the field if they are not doing drills to eval the players and they just do scrimmages some players may never really get to show their stuff It all depends on what side of the field the ball plays ect Drills should be the primary look see

"What does going to a catholic school have to do with an A tam or B team in travel"??? Seriously? Asking that question on a LIE forum? You must be a newbie...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's ridiculous. Anyone can look good in drills. It's about how they play in a game. I agree with what you say when there are soooo many kids trying out. They have to come up with a better way, maybe having more than a two day tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS, my son played with Express last year, clinics are optional.

Ok then. Opt for different/better clinics and see what happens to your son's spot next year. Good luck with that. Optional my @$$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone will agree that kids that are on the team the year before will almost always make it even if new kids are better. Kids who have a family member on another team in the program will almost always make it and the kids who are invited down will make it. You have to be so much better then the last kid at any posision to make these team if you were not invited down or don't have a brother in the program. Most A clubs work this way. Im lucky my son has his spot on his team and I don't have to deal with it. Don't feel bad if you did not make it. It means very little.
That's ridiculous. Anyone can look good in drills. It's about how they play in a game. I agree with what you say when there are soooo many kids trying out. They have to come up with a better way, maybe having more than a two day tryout.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did opt out of anything extra last year and guess what? My son made the team again and will play the same position as last year. Next?
Stop spreading false Express nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did the 15 diehard families get there thousands back?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did opt out of anything extra last year and guess what? My son made the team again and will play the same position as last year. Next?
Stop spreading false Express nonsense.

I bet your full of it - you're either on the Express payroll or you've had too much Express Cool Aid. I guess then you would recommend that everybody opt out of everything extra? Why didn't you do any of the extras? Please...

Like Reply Quote
G
Getyourfactright
Unregistered
Getyourfactright
Unregistered
G
This all has to be true , #1 its posted right here on BOTC , #2 the kids went to Igloo scrimmages ,#3 Express 2 team may now be a B team because the unhappy ones are not coming back Hey thanks for clarifying all of this , we will now commit knowing the unhappy ones are officially gone.

If you were with Express last year you know a lot of Express 2021 kids were not happy and may not come back. Many were at Igloo Scrimages. Could a deal have made with Igloo to take these kids already? Express Team 2 may be just that a B team. Be careful please. If you get a late email be even more careful.

Do the research of the teams from last year as I know Barracudas 2021 Played in the A bracket and won A bracket tournament's , that team competed against wolves ,and 91 Heat by 1-2 point loss margin. They beat Legacy A as well as Jesters , they had also a 3rd team as well which was their B team . Its safe to say if you do your research on history of last season's teams you can figure out what best fits the invite. We got a team 2 invite and coming from one of the mentioned teams they competed against we will be committing .I do know they practice all year long and play in alot of tournaments above what express offers

quote=Anonymous]Have they dropped the names (Terps, Wolverines, etc.) and replaced with Team 1, Team 2 etc? Is it safe to assume Team 1 = A team, Team 2 = B team?
[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a child that made the 2022 team #1, I am concerned that I am hearing they took 30 kids for that team!!!! How much playing time will they get with that many kids on the team? Can anyone confirm this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be surprised if you show up and it is 40+ and then try to make additional teams because of all the interest. Check the 2018 thread on this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a child that made the 2022 team #1, I am concerned that I am hearing they took 30 kids for that team!!!! How much playing time will they get with that many kids on the team? Can anyone confirm this?

With anything more than 23 players the playing time gets very tight for most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all! Does anyone know if all the letters are out for all teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to laugh at the way people react to post on this site. Don't believe everything you read. If you have concerns call MC. Not sure why you would post here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also filled out that 30 man roster with players whose fathers kissed @$$ to get on the team. Took spots over deserving kids. Same old same old with MC. Seriously considering passing on this team. Igloo or 91 might be a better spot for my son. And please don't tell me that's it's not true, we all know who they are on the team. Going to be tough getting everyone playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also filled out that 30 man roster with players whose fathers kissed @$$ to get on the team. Took spots over deserving kids. Same old same old with MC. Seriously considering passing on this team. Igloo or 91 might be a better spot for my son. And please don't tell me that's it's not true, we all know who they are on the team. Going to be tough getting everyone playing time.

You really think it's going to be different with these other teams. Trust me, it ain't!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same head coach for both 2020 B and C? How does that work?

Combined practices?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Combined practices?

Run, don't walk away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not on the Express payroll nor do I drink any cool aid (such a dumb saying). I did not do any extras last season because I cannot afford to do any extras. My son made the team again fair and square, he had a very good 2 day tryout.
Straight up and honest, unlike the usual posting on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your homework. On the 2021 teams kids sat on the bench with a normal size roster. Pay all that money not to play. Same kids on the field most of the time. Ask around. You don't have to believe BOTC. It is well known. They keep filling those 14 to 24 spots with kids that just want to say they play for Express. I hope it does not happen this year. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your homework. On the 2021 teams kids sat on the bench with a normal size roster. Pay all that money not to play. Same kids on the field most of the time. Ask around. You don't have to believe BOTC. It is well known. They keep filling those 14 to 24 spots with kids that just want to say they play for Express. I hope it does not happen this year. Good luck.

Is this on team 1,2,3 or all of the above? Got an invite for Team 3. Not sure what to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That sounds more like the Wolves , I know Barracudas played everyone on that team and that's why there was unhappy parents that apparently went over to the Wolves this upcoming season. but if you go dollar for dollar you get more bang for your buck and competed against other program top tier teams including against the Wolves , so yes do your homework like we did.

Is this on team 1,2,3 or all of the above? Got an invite for Team 3. Not sure what to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard many kids didn't get an email yet, what are they waiting for. Tell the boys that didn't make the team already! Why are you letting them hang on so long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are waiting to see who declines their invitation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

30 kids on a roster. Two are goalies. Games are 40 minutes in length, do the math on playing time. NOT GOOD!! I'm going elsewhere!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Played the 2019 Wolverines last year. On a saturday the lineup was MUCH different then on a Sunday Extra kids bought down to play. With 30+ kids on the sidelines some kids didn't touch the field.
I'd be pretty pissed to drive 3 hours to NOT PLAY!
I guess trying to WIM means everything. To bad they lost!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard many kids didn't get an email yet, what are they waiting for. Tell the boys that didn't make the team already! Why are you letting them hang on so long.

Why does every organization has this type of email. if you didn't her yet you may be "Wait listed". Hang tight or go to another try out. I know it is hard but it is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When they get rejections they will move a kid from team 2 to team 1, then move a kid from team 3 to team 2 then take the kid that has no team and put him on team 3. So depending on how many kids reject the kids will be promoted to new teams and everyone is happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does every organization has this type of email. if you didn't her yet you may be "Wait listed". Hang tight or go to another try out. I know it is hard but it is what it is.

Then send an email out stating that, they send out a 100 emails asking you to come to tryouts. Keep people informed...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When they get rejections they will move a kid from team 2 to team 1, then move a kid from team 3 to team 2 then take the kid that has no team and put him on team 3. So depending on how many kids reject the kids will be promoted to new teams and everyone is happy.

And then, they will take 2 teams and combine them into one and tell the parents they are all an A team and then go behind each other's backs and pick certain kids to play at one tournament and others at the other...And this goes on and on and on over the years. And parents will continue to pay and then come on this site and complain and go on and on and on. Its like Ground Hog Day!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Combined practices?

Run, don't walk away.

A rather important fact which was not revealed until AFTER tryout results come out. Beforehand it was "we don't know yet."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And then, they will take 2 teams and combine them into one and tell the parents they are all an A team and then go behind each other's backs and pick certain kids to play at one tournament and others at the other...And this goes on and on and on over the years. And parents will continue to pay and then come on this site and complain and go on and on and on. Its like Ground Hog Day!

What age or all ages??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure they know how many kids will decline the invite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are saying a kid could get an email saying he is on Team 3, have no contact with Express, and then a few days later get a similar email saying he is on Team 2?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes...or a phone call. It happened last year. But the kid that I know did not play on the higher team so you have to think about it before you accept.

So you are saying a kid could get an email saying he is on Team 3, have no contact with Express, and then a few days later get a similar email saying he is on Team 2?

Like Reply Quote
Page 81 of 144 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard