BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 124 of 220 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do you know this, no roster. Any other movement at 19?

They probably don't know. People just make stuff up

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a player got invite to purple and a black says no. Will they automatically pull up a purple? Do they send a new email?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Black added 2 from outside organization
they should've taken 2 from their purple team. Some very good players there

Outsiders said No so now they can take a purple kid.
why would they say no? Why try out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THe check is due by Sept. 15, you can still go to Beach Bums Tryouts and a few others before the check is due. [/quote]

Elevate, Beach Bums, South Shore Turf, Icon. All better options than a white team, especially a second or third year on white. Your daughter deserves it!![/quote]

Just thinking outside the box, how about asking your kid what they want. I did and she said she enjoyed her self last year and is OK playing for white. Some of these posts are pathetic. I hope the posters do not return to TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are they having two teams at the 2022 level? Did not seem like a lot of girls at the tryout. We're there already girls who were slotted for the team but not at the tryout?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails out for 2021. My daughter is new. Made white. Any new kids make black or purple?

2021 white? The black team wasn't very good last year, I can only imagine what skill level will be on white? Look elsewhere before you put your daughter on that team, she will be better off.

Parents, before you pluck down a lot of money to be on a white team, explore your options. In many age groups TG isn't very good. Being on a 3rd team in an age group on TG means even less, especially in age groups where they never carried 3 teams before. Explore your options. Many kids who you think are on or were offered the white team will be exploring their options regardless of what they tell you. Think before you spend a lot of money. Advice from somebody who has been there.

Explore your options is no longer possible, TG in a panic, your money is due now , they know if you explore your options you will be gone.

That is why they have their tryout first. They want to pressure you into a decision. It's the parents responsibility to not fall into the trap and pressure and do what is right by finding what is right for their kid and not just succumbing to TG telling you that you have a few days to send a check. There are a lot of options out there for your kid.

Or maybe it's because they only want kids and families who want TG as their first choice. YJ chooses the opposite strategy - go try everywhere else, and we'll take everyone who's left over, and wants to pay. TG takes a chance, having early tryouts early, and loses money by doing it this way. They would still rather have people that want to be there, and not the ones that wanted someplace else, but didn't make it. They don't want to be your insurance policy. If they were only in it for the money, they'd have tryouts later. Oh, and they give you two weeks not a few days to pay.

In addition to the above argument, I am also happy to have tryouts over with before other fall sports start. If a kid is a soccer or field hockey player as well, they may have to possibly miss a game to attend tryouts later in the fall. My kid plays soccer and if she was to try out for beach bums, legacy or YJ, she would have to miss a game as she has conflicts during each of those tryouts.

This way Lax tryouts are over, she can start school and her fall season without worrying about tryouts or waiting for which team she made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THe check is due by Sept. 15, you can still go to Beach Bums Tryouts and a few others before the check is due.

Elevate, Beach Bums, South Shore Turf, Icon. All better options than a white team, especially a second or third year on white. Your daughter deserves it!![/quote]

Just thinking outside the box, how about asking your kid what they want. I did and she said she enjoyed her self last year and is OK playing for white. Some of these posts are pathetic. I hope the posters do not return to TG. [/quote]

She shouldn't be OK playing somewhere - she should be HAPPY to play somewhere. That is the point YOU should be getting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails out for 2021. My daughter is new. Made white. Any new kids make black or purple?

2021 white? The black team wasn't very good last year, I can only imagine what skill level will be on white? Look elsewhere before you put your daughter on that team, she will be better off.

Did they move 2021s up or down?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a player got invite to purple and a black says no. Will they automatically pull up a purple? Do they send a new email?

yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Ask your kid what they want. Enjoy the moment and if their happy, leave them alone.. Life to short to worry about that nonsense..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THe check is due by Sept. 15, you can still go to Beach Bums Tryouts and a few others before the check is due.

Elevate, Beach Bums, South Shore Turf, Icon. All better options than a white team, especially a second or third year on white. Your daughter deserves it!!

Just thinking outside the box, how about asking your kid what they want. I did and she said she enjoyed her self last year and is OK playing for white. Some of these posts are pathetic. I hope the posters do not return to TG. [/quote]

She shouldn't be OK playing somewhere - she should be HAPPY to play somewhere. That is the point YOU should be getting. [/quote]

When your kid expresses they felt lke a piece of seeweed you knew the fit wasn't right. The 18 white girls need to bail and never look bak?go get seen, you nver get these year back!arnkva

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sounds like an obnoxious YJ parent. The TG purple in some age groups is very good, not sure about white. The TG coaches want people who have TG as their first choice, like the poster above says. YJ has four or five teams basically comprised of whoever else is left. TG wants people who want to be there, not just people who haven't made anything else, and the YJ Gold and Blue is good, but the other teams are basically just to fund the top teams.

And what exactly do you call the TG white team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sounds like an obnoxious YJ parent. The TG purple in some age groups is very good, not sure about white. The TG coaches want people who have TG as their first choice, like the poster above says. YJ has four or five teams basically comprised of whoever else is left. TG wants people who want to be there, not just people who haven't made anything else, and the YJ Gold and Blue is good, but the other teams are basically just to fund the top teams.

It's a team of kids and parents who want to be part of TG, as their first choice, like the previous posters said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sounds like an obnoxious YJ parent. The TG purple in some age groups is very good, not sure about white. The TG coaches want people who have TG as their first choicer, like the poster above says. YJ has four or five teams basically comprised of whoever else is left. TG wants people who want to be there, not just people who haven't made anything else, and the YJ Gold and Blue is good, but the other teams are basically just to fund the top teams.

And what exactly do you call thee TG white team?

This is why CR is so smart, she ditched the color coded teams and the stigma that goes along with it. Of course TG will eventually follow that lead, once they figure that out. The one priblem they will have is if they try to name teams after coaches like YJ, most team names will change namest every year due to the revolving door of kid coaches coming, going and moving on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year the parents referred to it as the "white trash" team based on how they were treated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a team of kids and parents who want to be part of TG, as their first choice, like the previous posters said.

Of course it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year the parents referred to it as the "white trash" team based on how they were treated.

I would add to this that after my daughters B team beat up on TG White team this summer, I was talking to a parent and told them I was surprised that the White team was not A LOT better. She said that she knew that they weren't going to be good when a lot of kids turned down invites after tryouts. She said she knew she had made a mistake but her daughters friend played on Black so she wanted to stay. So, your 11, 12, 13 year old kid makes decisions for different reasons than parents do. Your kid doesn't know the repercussions of her decision at that age, that is why they have parents. White team will have a lot of turnover as many people won't return and those spots are available for a reason. Do your kid a favor and do see what else is out there before you settle for what your kid says she will be OK doing versus what may make her truly happy. I know those white parents had a long summer last year and spent a lot if time and money and were very disappointed. You have a few more weeks to look elsewhere. The costs of other tryouts is nothing compared to what an entire bad summer may bring. Think it through.

From another parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would add to this that after my daughters B team beat up on TG White team this summer, I was talking to a parent and told them I was surprised that the White team was not A LOT better. She said that she knew that they weren't going to be good when a lot of kids turned down invites after tryouts. She said she knew she had made a mistake but her daughters friend played on Black so she wanted to stay. So, your 11, 12, 13 year old kid makes decisions for different reasons than parents do. Your kid doesn't know the repercussions of her decision at that age, that is why they have parents. White team will have a lot of turnover as many people won't return and those spots are available for a reason. Do your kid a favor and do see what else is out there before you settle for what your kid says she will be OK doing versus what may make her truly happy. I know those white parents had a long summer last year and spent a lot if time and money and were very disappointed. You have a few more weeks to look elsewhere. The costs of other tryouts is nothing compared to what an entire bad summer may bring. Think it through.

From another parent.

This is not meant to be mean, but.... the players that make up the roster on the white team are exactly what they are, third team players, the team is a product of the players on it. If you go to anothet club, expect the same. Unless your daughter is the best on the white team and being politically surpressed, maybe that is the team she belongs on. Truth is the travel clybs have become much more popular and many more girls are playing, not all of them are YJ blue or TG black players despite what mom or dad thinks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From another parent.

This is not meant to be mean, but.... the players that make up the roster on the white team are exactly what they are, third team players, the team is a product of the players on it. If you go to anothet club, expect the same. Unless your daughter is the best on the white team and being politically surpressed, maybe that is the team she belongs on. Truth is the travel clybs have become much more popular and many more girls are playing, not all of them are YJ blue or TG black players despite what mom or dad thinks.

I completely agree with this poster. If you make the B or A team at another club, you are playing somewhere that just isn't as good as TG or YJ. It is possible your kid had a bad day at tryouts, but don't just use that as an excuse for not making black. Overall, your kid will move up if they improve, but don't send them to play for another team in the same level of competition. If you make A or B somewhere else, you must be in the same level of competition as the team you made before, or your daughter would not have made it.as much as you think your daughter is the best one out there, she probably isn't, no one really is, so accept what TG offers you if you want, or go somewhere else, but the competition is virtually the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said! Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From another parent.

I completely agree with this poster. If you make the B or A team at another club, you are playing somewhere that just isn't as good as TG or YJ. It is possible your kid had a bad day at tryouts, but don't just use that as an excuse for not making black. Overall, your kid will move up if they improve, but don't send them to play for another team in the same level of competition. If you make A or B somewhere else, you must be in the same level of competition as the team you made before, or your daughter would not have made it.as much as you think your daughter is the best one out there, she probably isn't, no one really is, so accept what TG offers you if you want, or go somewhere else, but the competition is virtually the same.

So NOT true. My daughter played on 2018 Elevate B last year and played TG White and it wasn't even a game so this could not be farther from the truth - I think they would have beat 2018 Purple as well when I watched purple play. TG white 2018 was awful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From another parent.

NOT true at All - the 2nd and 3rd teams on TG are not that good and have seen them lose to many other clubs often. Even 2021 Black went 1-3 at National Dram so even their best teams aren't great. Don't listen to the brainwashed TG parents and ask a 2018 white parent how many loses they had last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep coming on here telling everyone that Elevate B beat TG White by a hundred goals....great job, you must be very happy there. I hope your daughter is enjoying her experience there. Why would you have issues with TG? It always sounds like some sort of sour grapes, did you daughter not make TG? You will not see much movement in 2018 teams now. A few changes here or there, a couple of weaker grips drop from black to purple and vice a versa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep coming on here telling everyone that Elevate B beat TG White by a hundred goals....great job, you must be very happy there. I hope your daughter is enjoying her experience there. Why would you have issues with TG? It always sounds like some sort of sour grapes, did you daughter not make TG? You will not see much movement in 2018 teams now. A few changes here or there, a couple of weaker grips drop from black to purple and vice a versa.

Agreed, Elevate is just as good as TG, so if the B team beats TG White, it makes sense. But why are you on the TG forum anyway. Why don't you go and spread your knowledge of Elevate, without bashing TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because there is so little interest in Elevate, I do not even know if they have a thread and certainly no interest from anyone in reading it. If you disagree Team Elevate, keep your thread on the first page on the forum.

Agreed, Elevate is just as good as TG, so if the B team beats TG White, it makes sense. But why are you on the TG forum anyway. Why don't you go and spread your knowledge of Elevate, without bashing TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is Happy u dumbassssss. Your not getting the point. Go play for YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not meant to be mean, but.... the players that make up the roster on the white team are exactly what they are, third team players, the team is a product of the players on it. If you go to anothet club, expect the same. Unless your daughter is the best on the white team and being politically surpressed, maybe that is the team she belongs on. Truth is the travel clybs have become much more popular and many more girls are playing, not all of them are YJ blue or TG black players despite what mom or dad thinks. [/quote]

[/quote]

Would disagree if your kid is a 2018 or older. Once the kids hit high school, there is very little movement on the top teams in any club. Studs, absolutely, but if you're not going to be a top 12 player, you probably won't be added

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In fairness to the Elevate poster, you stated that the White Team was better than playing on B teams on other clubs. That is absolutely untrue. Not only is Elevate B and most likely C teams better than the TG B & C Teams, the top 3rd, 4th and 5th YJ Teams are better than TG White as well. Stop selling TG White as if they are a good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In fairness to the Elevate poster, you stated that the White Team was better than playing on B teams on other clubs. That is absolutely untrue. Not only is Elevate B and most likely C teams better than the TG B & C Teams, the top 3rd, 4th and 5th YJ Teams are better than TG White as well. Stop selling TG White as if they are a good team.

The YJ 4th and 5th teams are terrible. I'm sorry, I agree about the Elevate being better than TG white, but the YJ 4th and 5th is terrible. They are just teams filled with girls who can pay the fee. The Blue and Gold teams are good, no doubt about it, but the 4th and 5th plays in the age group below themselves, in the B division. YJ and CR basically just use the money to find the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a committed player to a D1 team, that did not play for T.G. or Y.J. As a matter of fact, probably the best 2014 player played for the Wave (K.M.). The point of this is fairly simple, and probably not what S.S or C.R. want any of you younger age group parents to know, It does not matter what travel club your daughter plays on, or on what color, or level,or initial comes after that club teams name. If your daughter is a good player, coaches will take her but it takes a lot of effort on the parents and players. The player must write letters to coaches and know at least 10 schools she wants to play for. The parents have to know to send the players to those camps early ( 7th or 8TH grade). Yes the college coaches will line the fields in June and July, but what they really want is to see how coachable your kid is at their camp, under their terms. So there is the secret, that is what you pay C.R. and S.S. extra for. Truth is just because you play on Black or blue or lavender means nothing, if your kid fits, she goes. One last word of advice, and for some of you parents this will be impossible for you to fix.If the parent is overbearing, obnoxious, loud on the sideline, or abusive, no matter how good your kid is, coaches will pass her by. Find some nice kids and parents that you and your daughter enjoy being around and have fun at tournament, and send your kid to camps. That will be $1,500.00 I'll be expecting checks from all of you L.O.L

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

elevate can barely field two teams and i've seen a few of the b teams and they can barely catch and throw - reality is significantly more than half the kids playing elite travel lax are anything but elite, the same goes on in aau basketball, travel baseball etc. travel sports meant something 20-30 years ago, now it just means that your parents can write a check and are dillusional enough to buy what they're being sold

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Or maybe it's because they only want kids and families who want TG as their first choice. YJ chooses the opposite strategy - go try everywhere else, and we'll take everyone who's left over, and wants to pay. TG takes a chance, having early tryouts early, and loses money by doing it this way. They would still rather have people that want to be there, and not the ones that wanted someplace else, but didn't make it. They don't want to be your insurance policy. If they were only in it for the money, they'd have tryouts later. Oh, and they give you two weeks not a few days to pay."

How clueless are you TG people. At least YJ parents understand its about the money and its a business, they just think its worth the money you pay for various reasons. Some TG people actually still think its not all about the money. BS could not make it more obvious, he can barely tolerate being around you people as is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone tell me the five likely summer tournaments for TG for 2021 and 2022? Also, what is the fall tournament, practices, and approximate cost?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree with everything you said! My daughter is a committed 2016 to a D1 top competitive program and she did not play for either tg or yj. She looked into schools and went to camps. If you have talant coaches will notice. As parents we supported her and her teammates who have become lifetime friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ 4th and 5th teams are terrible. I'm sorry, I agree about the Elevate being better than TG white, but the YJ 4th and 5th is terrible. They are just teams filled with girls who can pay the fee. The Blue and Gold teams are good, no doubt about it, but the 4th and 5th plays in the age group below themselves, in the B division. YJ and CR basically just use the money to find the top teams.

I agree about elevate but wouldn't go as far as the 5th YJ team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Or maybe it's because they only want kids and families who want TG as their first choice. YJ chooses the opposite strategy - go try everywhere else, and we'll take everyone who's left over, and wants to pay. TG takes a chance, having early tryouts early, and loses money by doing it this way. They would still rather have people that want to be there, and not the ones that wanted someplace else, but didn't make it. They don't want to be your insurance policy. If they were only in it for the money, they'd have tryouts later. Oh, and they give you two weeks not a few days to pay."

How clueless are you TG people. At least YJ parents understand its about the money and its a business, they just think its worth the money you pay for various reasons. Some TG people actually still think its not all about the money. BS could not make it more obvious, he can barely tolerate being around you people as is.

Everybody knows it's about the money. That wasn't even the point, which you obviously missed. The point was that the early tryouts ensure that people who choose TG want to be there. YJ has the late tryout, which allows them to take the kids who didn't make their first choice. They take whoever's left, for their 3rd, 4th, and 5th teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a committed player to a D1 team, that did not play for T.G. or Y.J. As a matter of fact, probably the best 2014 player played for the Wave (K.M.). The point of this is fairly simple, and probably not what S.S or C.R. want any of you younger age group parents to know, It does not matter what travel club your daughter plays on, or on what color, or level,or initial comes after that club teams name. If your daughter is a good player, coaches will take her but it takes a lot of effort on the parents and players. The player must write letters to coaches and know at least 10 schools she wants to play for. The parents have to know to send the players to those camps early ( 7th or 8TH grade). Yes the college coaches will line the fields in June and July, but what they really want is to see how coachable your kid is at their camp, under their terms. So there is the secret, that is what you pay C.R. and S.S. extra for. Truth is just because you play on Black or blue or lavender means nothing, if your kid fits, she goes. One last word of advice, and for some of you parents this will be impossible for you to fix.If the parent is overbearing, obnoxious, loud on the sideline, or abusive, no matter how good your kid is, coaches will pass her by. Find some nice kids and parents that you and your daughter enjoy being around and have fun at tournament, and send your kid to camps. That will be $1,500.00 I'll be expecting checks from all of you L.O.L

And she played for the Wave because her High School coach was the coach of the Wave. Believe it or not she was a West Islip resident can you imagine West Islip could of had the Long Island player of the year as well as the Suffolk County player of the year who was a Top Gun, they could have been 22-0 instead of 21-1 can you imagine how loud the lions would of roared! The parents are unbearable to begin with but 22-0 and with the top two players on long Island if not the state they would still be cheering

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And she played for the Wave because her High School coach was the coach of the Wave. Believe it or not she was a West Islip resident can you imagine West Islip could of had the Long Island player of the year as well as the Suffolk County player of the year who was a Top Gun, they could have been 22-0 instead of 21-1 can you imagine how loud the lions would of roared! The parents are unbearable to begin with but 22-0 and with the top two players on long Island if not the state they would still be cheering
what the [lacrosse] are you talking about? What does west islip have to do with anything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 best players on LI? Ramping up Wave. Dude, you must be sniffing glue

Like Reply Quote
Page 124 of 220 1 2 122 123 124 125 126 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard