BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 164 of 327 1 2 162 163 164 165 166 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So are YOU going?

Of course we are going, I am actually using my kid's college savings. It should be fun, hanging out on vacation with the same people that I feel uncomfortable standing next to on the sidelines because we all talk behind each ohers back. She won't need money for college if she makes the blue team. 97% of girls on blue get a full scholarship. CR told me.

Maybe you should stay home and do a TG camp, clinic, winter league etc. Oh wait, I forgot, TG doesn't do anything in the winter.

Of course they do winter, and fall, so you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are YOU going?

Of course we are going, I am actually using my kid's college savings. It should be fun, hanging out on vacation with the same people that I feel uncomfortable standing next to on the sidelines because we all talk behind each ohers back. She won't need money for college if she makes the blue team. 97% of girls on blue get a full scholarship. CR told me.

Maybe you should stay home and do a TG camp, clinic, winter league etc. Oh wait, I forgot, TG doesn't do anything in the winter.

Winter and fall they play against one another. So awesome!!

Of course they do winter, and fall, so you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cr goes on a cruise to get away from all you crazy people!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are YOU going?

Winter and fall they play against one another. So awesome!!

What are you talking about? They play in leagues at inline and sports hub. Nobody plays against each other more than YJ. You're really showing your ignorance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets teach thug ball. Look at all the yellow/red cards they collect at any tournament they attend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets teach thug ball. Look at all the yellow/red cards they collect at any tournament they attend.

How many?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets are no different than other LI teams/club, Long Island has a more physical brand of lacrosse compare to the mid atlantic in both girls and boys lacrosse. Jersey also plays lacrosse very physical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ likes playing against each other! Many competitive teams at all age groups who push each other to be better. No need to play other crappy teams when their second and third teams beat most other clubs top teams. Re YJ second team beat skywalker top team!! Keep working hard YJ you had a great summer.!! Work hard together, play together and have fun. The YJ showcase event was awesome. I would rather watch those games all summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you see them at the U15 Florida tournament a few years ago? They were headhunting girls in a losing effort. Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ likes playing against each other! Many competitive teams at all age groups who push each other to be better. No need to play other crappy teams when their second and third teams beat most other clubs top teams. Re YJ second team beat skywalker top team!! Keep working hard YJ you had a great summer.!! Work hard together, play together and have fun. The YJ showcase event was awesome. I would rather watch those games all summer.

You mean YOU like playing against other YJ teams. Many YJ parents do not, so don't make it sound like everyone loves it that way. It's ok if you like it. Leave it at that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean YOU like playing against other YJ teams. Many YJ parents do not, so don't make it sound like everyone loves it that way. It's ok if you like it. Leave it at that.

Correct, as good as the competition may be that's a scrimmage and parents shouldn't be paying tournament fees to participate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%, travel to MD to play one of our sister teams and pay the $2000 entrance fee? Parents get all riled up on the sidelines and then are asked to play nice with each other when they move some girls together the following year at tryouts. They should never play each other at tournaments unless in the finals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%, travel to MD to play one of our sister teams and pay the $2000 entrance fee? Parents get all riled up on the sidelines and then are asked to play nice with each other when they move some girls together the following year at tryouts. They should never play each other at tournaments unless in the finals

Anyone else find this pathetic? Why are you idiots getting "riled up" on the sidelines in the first place? And why wouldn't you "play nice" (a.k.a. being a decent human being) with other parents on YOUR DAUGHTER'S team? It seems many of you can't figure out that this is just a game and that it isn't about YOU. I get not wanting to pay so much to scrimmage your own club, i don't get the other nonsense. If you want to get "riled up" about something, how about raising money to help cancer patients, or volunteering at a homeless shelter. How about setting a good example for your daughter and realizing for yourselves that girls lacrosse isn't the most important thing in the world. Then both you and your daughters will be happier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We traveled to Denver to play our own teams-wouldn't trade that experience for the world!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else find this pathetic? Why are you idiots getting "riled up" on the sidelines in the first place? And why wouldn't you "play nice" (a.k.a. being a decent human being) with other parents on YOUR DAUGHTER'S team? It seems many of you can't figure out that this is just a game and that it isn't about YOU. I get not wanting to pay so much to scrimmage your own club, i don't get the other nonsense. If you want to get "riled up" about something, how about raising money to help cancer patients, or volunteering at a homeless shelter. How about setting a good example for your daughter and realizing for yourselves that girls lacrosse isn't the most important thing in the world. Then both you and your daughters will be happier.
Are you kidding me? You can't be part of the YJ's because if you were you would be standing next wackadoo parents every weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you kidding me? You can't be part of the YJ's because if you were you would be standing next wackadoo parents every weekend.

The worse part of playing YJ was when the teams had to play each other but Karma is a [lacrosse]...some dad's would sit there and belittle other players and then their daughters would disrespect them to their faces..those same dads are now eating that big piece of humble pie bc all the bashing they did and their daughter did look who has the last laugh when certain players don't even last the pre season at college...some of them not even 48 hours. So whether your child is blue 1st team or Yellow 5th team be respectful to those around you bc we all share a common interest "our daughters". My daughter is currently playing in college with 1 of the top blue players and she was not a top blue player and they are the best of friends bc our families raised them right. It's just a game!! Nothing more!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The worse part of playing YJ was when the teams had to play each other but Karma is a [lacrosse]...some dad's would sit there and belittle other players and then their daughters would disrespect them to their faces..those same dads are now eating that big piece of humble pie bc all the bashing they did and their daughter did look who has the last laugh when certain players don't even last the pre season at college...some of them not even 48 hours. So whether your child is blue 1st team or Yellow 5th team be respectful to those around you bc we all share a common interest "our daughters". My daughter is currently playing in college with 1 of the top blue players and she was not a top blue player and they are the best of friends bc our families raised them right. It's just a game!! Nothing more!!

WELL SAID, but you are in the extreme minority in YJ land

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The worse part of playing YJ was when the teams had to play each other but Karma is a [lacrosse]...some dad's would sit there and belittle other players and then their daughters would disrespect them to their faces..those same dads are now eating that big piece of humble pie bc all the bashing they did and their daughter did look who has the last laugh when certain players don't even last the pre season at college...some of them not even 48 hours. So whether your child is blue 1st team or Yellow 5th team be respectful to those around you bc we all share a common interest "our daughters". My daughter is currently playing in college with 1 of the top blue players and she was not a top blue player and they are the best of friends bc our families raised them right. It's just a game!! Nothing more!!"

Real respectful of you to bash a couple kids who are not playing lacrosse anymore for reasons you have no idea about.You sound like a spiteful jealous loser ,my guess is your kid will stop playing also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We traveled to Denver to play our own teams-wouldn't trade that experience for the world!

But most of the real clubs (MD and Va teams) weren't there. So essentially yu guys are Long Island Champs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But most of the real clubs (MD and Va teams) weren't there. So essentially yu guys are Long Island Champs.

Show up or shut up. This tournament is run by the governing body of lacrosse nationally. Why not participate? If you do not show, your opinion is without merit. Come play and let the score do the talking otherwise it just rings hollow. This tourney is also age based and not grad. year so perhaps that is the real reason those teams stay away. It cannot be money or the travel, these programs have/do both for other events. It also supports growing the game around the country which is the best reason to go and support the cause.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Show up or shut up. This tournament is run by the governing body of lacrosse nationally. Why not participate? If you do not show, your opinion is without merit. Come play and let the score do the talking otherwise it just rings hollow. This tourney is also age based and not grad. year so perhaps that is the real reason those teams stay away. It cannot be money or the travel, these programs have/do both for other events. It also supports growing the game around the country which is the best reason to go and support the cause.

You keep spending your money and keep supporting then. I'll choose whatever gives me max benefit from the dollars I spend. Outside of the final 4, I'd be disappointed in the level of competition at this tournament if it was held next door. Spend the money on President's Cup in November instead. All the top clubs will be represented and all the coaches will be there to see you play. You get so much more at a cost less than this year's U15.

Also, didn't the kids that went to U15's miss the IWLCA Champion's Cup? Missed a major East Coast recruiting event sponsored by the coaches association..not only an expensive choice but a poor one too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep spending your money and keep supporting then. I'll choose whatever gives me max benefit from the dollars I spend. Outside of the final 4, I'd be disappointed in the level of competition at this tournament if it was held next door. Spend the money on President's Cup in November instead. All the top clubs will be represented and all the coaches will be there to see you play. You get so much more at a cost less than this year's U15.

Also, didn't the kids that went to U15's miss the IWLCA Champion's Cup? Missed a major East Coast recruiting event sponsored by the coaches association..not only an expensive choice but a poor one too.

You cannot have it both ways, you all want a true national championship that is run by a neutral party and then [lacrosse] that its not a national championship because you did not go. YJ does not need your help getting recruited but thanks for your advice.Maybe if all the best teams went it would become more of a recruiting event.Keep hearing the same nonsense that many MD clubs have kids that are lets say on the older end maybe that's why you don't go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You cannot have it both ways, you all want a true national championship that is run by a neutral party and then [lacrosse] that its not a national championship because you did not go. YJ does not need your help getting recruited but thanks for your advice.Maybe if all the best teams went it would become more of a recruiting event.Keep hearing the same nonsense that many MD clubs have kids that are lets say on the older end maybe that's why you don't go.

More likely they don't attend since it's a waste of money. Long distance travel and expense to play in a tournament that neither the coaches nor the top competition attends in any real numbers. Even you have to admit that the top MD clubs are better than TG and Elevate. Never heard a MD club parent talk about the need for a national championship nor complain about the US LAX U-15 event (they just don't care), that seems to be entirely the domain of YJ and TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More likely they don't attend since it's a waste of money. Long distance travel and expense to play in a tournament that neither the coaches nor the top competition attends in any real numbers. Even you have to admit that the top MD clubs are better than TG and Elevate. Never heard a MD club parent talk about the need for a national championship nor complain about the US LAX U-15 event (they just don't care), that seems to be entirely the domain of YJ and TG.

Skywalkers is a past champion, get your facts straight. Perhaps they only go when they think the age group is strong enough towinand their older graduation based teams cannot cut it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows the U15 Florida tournament is a complete joke. Competition is horrible and restrictive to the teams/families to can pay for the airfare.

Being champs of this tournament is meaningless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows the U15 Florida tournament is a complete joke. Competition is horrible and restrictive to the teams/families to can pay for the airfare.

Being champs of this tournament is meaningless.

It was in Denver this year, catch-up. It included the best teams in the south, they managed to travel to Denver. They were not always competitive, but that will continue to evolve over the years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We don't have to…..LOL More of our girls get recruited to Div. 1 programs because we are the hotbed for lacrosse. Isn't that the goal of the club lacrosse scene, to get recruited. Yet your director chose to ignore a major recruiting event how many of your girls missed out???? They could of been seen, but your director took you guys to Colorado, with few college coaches. You have good players but more of our girls play college lacrosse at a higher level than yours does. The only reason you traveled to Colorado was so your director could win and use it as a marketing tool o bring more girls into her program. You New Yorkers are notoriously Fair Weather fans, parents are probably flocking to her tryouts since she won, "Gold, Silver and Bronze" with out playing a mid-atlantic team. Joke

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

We don't have to…..LOL More of our girls get recruited to Div. 1 programs because we are the hotbed for lacrosse. Isn't that the goal of the club lacrosse scene, to get recruited. Yet your director chose to ignore a major recruiting event how many of your girls missed out???? They could of been seen, but your director took you guys to Colorado, with few college coaches. You have good players but more of our girls play college lacrosse at a higher level than yours does. The only reason you traveled to Colorado was so your director could win and use it as a marketing tool o bring more girls into her program. You New Yorkers are notoriously Fair Weather fans, parents are probably flocking to her tryouts since she won, "Gold, Silver and Bronze" with out playing a mid-atlantic team. Joke

I usually don't jump in on this type of chatter but I will only because this is my expertise, so to speak, which is to follow the success of high school recruits, by region, and see how much they play in college and the impact of the player.

(Full Disclosure-from NY Metro area)

Mid-Atlantic players, Maryland in particular, have produced more impact players than any other region. Upstate NY was second, Long Island was third, followed by CT, south NJ and MA. As the sport grows there are "hotspots", mostly in the south. This is using about 15 years of data.

As for champions in any tournament--you play who shows up and the champ is the best team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We? Glad you are taking credit for every girl in VA and MD that gets recruited, now that is a joke. Not trying to demean any team or region, just want the best to show up, play, help grow the game and find the best TEAM for that age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We? Glad you are taking credit for every girl in VA and MD that gets recruited, now that is a joke. Not trying to demean any team or region, just want the best to show up, play, help grow the game and find the best TEAM for that age group.

Why would I take credit? Just showing regional pride and speaking the truth. Doesn't matter which college my girls are committed to, I won't be a Long Islander and rub it in your face or start wearing the school sweatshirts when my my kids are still a junior in HS. Or putting the sticker on my car till they get there and are actual freshman (next to your Yellow Jacket stickers).

P.S. "Fear the Bee" is ridiculed down here, and we all laugh every time we see your jerseys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"They could HAVE been" not "could of"
Pretty sure Carol has plenty of girls and didn't need going to Denver and winning as a marketing tool. The club has participated in U15 since its inception I believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers is a past champion, get your facts straight. Perhaps they only go when they think the age group is strong enough towinand their older graduation based teams cannot cut it.

M&D, along with YJ are, IMO, top to bottom the two best G-Lax clubs in the country. M&D has never attended the U-15. Skywalkers has some great teams but not consitently across the age-groups like YJ and M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D, along with YJ are, IMO, top to bottom the two best G-Lax clubs in the country. M&D has never attended the U-15. Skywalkers has some great teams but not consitently across the age-groups like YJ and M&D.

The M&D 2017's could not attend this year because their girls are too old for U15 unlike the LI teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The M&D 2017's could not attend this year because their girls are too old for U15 unlike the LI teams.

What do you think the U-15 tourney set back YJ club parents? 3 teams, travel, hotels, meals, cars for coaches, players and parents plus, fees and entertainment....close to 100K, maybe more? For what? To be seen by a few college coaches at best and a shot at calling yourself "Champs"? Say what you want but it's an incredibly poor (i'd go as far as say irresponsible) use of club parent's financial resources. There are infinitely better options for lower cost, that's undeniable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More of your girls get recruited to D1 schools? Lets look at the numbers as provided by lax Power.
2015 age group
Maryland 142
Virginia 49
total 191
all of N.Y. 186
Granted the total number of the 2 combined states exceeds the total of N.Y. but lets be real we're even if nothing els

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More of your girls get recruited to D1 schools? Lets look at the numbers as provided by lax Power.
2015 age group
Maryland 142
Virginia 49
total 191
all of N.Y. 186
Granted the total number of the 2 combined states exceeds the total of N.Y. but lets be real we're even if nothing els

There you go using Convenient stats, wasn't talking about all of NY, talking Long Island. Take upstate NY out of that number and it's closer to 80 girls from Long Island. Most of the upstate teams are smart enough to not go to the U15, but rather play in front of college coaches. Ha, even the upstate parents are smarter than you guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, you just cannot win. VA and MD combined have DOUBLE the population of LI. Take it as a % of the total population and the numbers are very close. keep hating, you are very good at it!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Over 800 girls in the program, does not need any marketing. Taking top three spots is impressive no matter who was there. Remember, Skywalkers won three years ago, they are from MD!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a parent or child taking pride in there accomplishments after years of hard work in the classroom and on the field is unacceptable but your belittling of an entire island, a group of young women and beating your chest about a region that you are 99% unacquainted with is somehow acceptable?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We traveled to Denver to play our own teams-wouldn't trade that experience for the world! [/quote]

But most of the real clubs (MD and Va teams) weren't there. So essentially yu guys are Long Island Champs. [/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]More of your girls get recruited to D1 schools? Lets look at the numbers as provided by lax Power.
2015 age group
Maryland 142
Virginia 49
total 191
all of N.Y. 186
Granted the total number of the 2 combined states exceeds the total of N.Y. but lets be real we're even if nothing els [/quote]
There you go using Convenient stats, wasn't talking about all of NY, talking Long Island. Take upstate NY out of that number and it's closer to 80 girls from Long Island. Most of the upstate teams are smart enough to not go to the U15, but rather play in front of college coaches. Ha, even the upstate parents are smarter than you guys. [/quote]Actually, it's 102 gels from L.I. alone thats 53 more than the whole state of Virginia, and only 40 less than that incredible "hot Bed" known as the entire state of MARYland, and we're about half your size and population with no major city. Looks tike the true hot bed is with the Lawn guy landers

Like Reply Quote
Page 164 of 327 1 2 162 163 164 165 166 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard